PDA

View Full Version : How much money will I need to have comfortable standard of living in Tenerife?

delgirl
02-08-2011, 20:23
hi i am thinking of moving to tenerife i have a property here i can rent out how much money would i need for a comfortable living out here we would need to rent an appartment not in tourist area but as long as we could still reach these place by car would need a 2 bedroomed property there are two of us we are early 50s any help would be appreciated thanks in advance eek2:

YOUNG GOLFER
02-08-2011, 21:13
A 2 bed out of resort for around 500€ a month but do negotiate the price.

As for a nice living then anything between 500 and 700€ a month.

Please feel free to ask any more questions we are a friendly bunch.

Jimandsi
02-08-2011, 21:13
Do either of you plan to work ?

What do you call "comfortable" - I see that you were asking about the location of McDonalds in another thread ?

Susief
02-08-2011, 22:29
Do either of you plan to work ?

What do you call "comfortable" - I see that you were asking about the location of McDonalds in another thread ?

McDonalds was for her grandchildren! Anything wrong with that?

Delgirl I would think to live comfortably you would need 1200-1500 euros a month depending if you were going to run a car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goforgold
03-08-2011, 08:08

Delgirl I would think to live comfortably you would need 1200-1500 euros a month depending if you were going to run a car!

Hi SusieF - would that figure be including or excluding the car?

Jimandsi
03-08-2011, 09:36

Nothing wrong with that whatsoever Susief - just trying to establish what the o/p's level of "comfort" was.

Someone who frequents junk food outlets will most probably avoid expensive restaurants - that's all.

---

I was also rather hoping that you would have put me on your ignore list by now, as promised.

Or are you just trying to bait / stalk me again ?

delgirl
03-08-2011, 21:43

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk thanks for all your replies have no need to work have pensions etc of £2000 per month also have inheritance that could buy a car. We do like nice food mcdonalds is for the grandchildren I only like icecreams and milkshakes from there so i thimk this income should be enough to live okay we would like to eat out over the weekends but cook in the week thanks for all your replies i could not reply at the end of the post as it was blue and wouldn't let me type anything.

slodgedad
03-08-2011, 21:45
thanks for all your replies have no need to work have pensions etc of £2000 per month also have inheritance that could buy a car. We do like nice food mcdonalds is for the grandchildren I only like icecreams and milkshakes from there so i thimk this income should be enough to live okay we would like to eat out over the weekends but cook in the week thanks for all your replies i could not reply at the end of the post as it was blue and wouldn't let me type anything.

With a fixed income of £2000 a month you will be fine, as long as you stay away from Veronicas....hehehehehe

Susief
03-08-2011, 22:07
thanks for all your replies have no need to work have pensions etc of £2000 per month also have inheritance that could buy a car. We do like nice food mcdonalds is for the grandchildren I only like icecreams and milkshakes from there so i thimk this income should be enough to live okay we would like to eat out over the weekends but cook in the week thanks for all your replies i could not reply at the end of the post as it was blue and wouldn't let me type anything.

Am sure you will have more than enough Delgirl. I hope you enjoy.

delgirl
03-08-2011, 22:17
too old for that lol x

do like lots of vodka and redbull though thats a disability as i come form essex lol x

slodgedad
03-08-2011, 22:25
too old for that lol x

do like lots of vodka and redbull though thats a disability as i come form essex lol x

Now you've mentioned you're from Essex then maybe 2 grand might not be enough...:devil:

9PLUS
03-08-2011, 22:42
Seems like a "How long is a piece of string" question

Muppet
04-08-2011, 14:26
Seems like a "How long is a piece of string" question

So, how long is a piece of string?

Medman
04-08-2011, 14:32

Depends on the size of the parcel :D

Malteser Monkey
04-08-2011, 14:37
Now you've mentioned you're from Essex then maybe 2 grand might not be enough...:devil:

Come on Slodgie ..............DELgirl

Stick a pony in me pocket, I'll fetch the suitcase from the van

2 grand ?? did ye tink she waz Irish ?:D:bowdown:

width wise or length wise ?

delgirl
04-08-2011, 18:47
ill try and cut down lol:jumping:

Jimandsi
05-08-2011, 16:26
I'm sure you'll be able to live fairly comfortably on £2000 per month.

Make sure you budget for any health problems though.

Have fun.

delgirl
05-08-2011, 21:11
will do thanks for all the replies they have been most helpful

9PLUS
05-08-2011, 21:59
^ Now shes gone lets tell her what we really think

cheers

x

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 22:08
^ Now shes gone lets tell her what we really think

cheers

x

What a friday night girl

Sputnikspouse
06-08-2011, 21:12
Does the 1200-1500 per month include the rent or is that on top of rent thank you