PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones Vodafone fax number for cancellations

liverpool1
03-08-2011, 13:31
Does anyone know the fax number for vodafone cancellations they have told me it's 902 132 589 and hey guess what it seems to be wrong! also need to send correspondence in the post would anyone know vodafone address in Spain?? many thanks for anticipated help. Has anyone had a nightmare trying to cancel their phone contract with Vodafone?

Jackie
04-08-2011, 09:44
Does anyone know the fax number for vodafone cancellations they have told me it's 902 132 589 and hey guess what it seems to be wrong! also need to send correspondence in the post would anyone know vodafone address in Spain?? many thanks for anticipated help. Has anyone had a nightmare trying to cancel their phone contract with Vodafone?

My husband has/had a contract with them and even though the contract has expired as he did not sign for a new one after the original period he kept the same tariff. I have been trying to change provider for months. I want to change to Mas Movil but keep the same number which Mas can deal with but Vodafone are being a pain in the proverbial and saying that the information Mas are giving them is incorrect. We have given NIE number, copy of passport, everything, but still Vodafone are saying that my husband did not use these documents when he originally took out the contract and until the correct ones are supplied they won't cancel the contract. There are no other documents that he could have used and even though the girl in the Los Cristianos branch told us it was his NIE he used before they closed, the cancellation dept. of Vodafone are saying he didn't. I am getting so angry with them now because even though I can change providers and get a new number if the worst comes to the worst, I still need to cancel the Vodafone one to stop them taking money from my bank every month. So Liverpool1 I would be very interested if you can post the outcome of your dilema.

fonica
04-08-2011, 09:56
Vodafone usually leave of the final letter when they write in the number of your residencia hence when you come to cancel they tell you that your number isn't valid!!! Movistar/telefonica do the same.It would appear to be another con trick on there behalf.

Jackie
04-08-2011, 22:49
Vodafone usually leave of the final letter when they write in the number of your residencia hence when you come to cancel they tell you that your number isn't valid!!! Movistar/telefonica do the same.It would appear to be another con trick on there behalf.

This is what is so annoying. When we went to the Los Cristianos shop before it closed they told us in there that it was his NIE number that he used and actually wrote it down so I know they have not missed any numbers/letters off and he doesn't have a residencia as he works in the UK. The contract was taken out with either his passport or NIE but when Premier tried to cancel the contract on our behalf so we could change to Mas Movil, Vodafone was telling them that neither his passport number was used nhor his NIE number :confused:. Can't get through to Vodafone that it was one or the other as that is all the paperwork he has here ggggrrrrrr

fonica
05-08-2011, 09:28
After 30 years on the island Vodafone/Movistar can still make me cry tears of frustration.They all speak English until you have a problem and then .......well the rest is history.However even if you are Spanish or speak fluent Spanish,believe me ,it's the same!!!!

balcon
05-08-2011, 09:41
This is what is so annoying. When we went to the Los Cristianos shop before it closed they told us in there that it was his NIE number that he used and actually wrote it down so I know they have not missed any numbers/letters off and he doesn't have a residencia as he works in the UK. The contract was taken out with either his passport or NIE but when Premier tried to cancel the contract on our behalf so we could change to Mas Movil, Vodafone was telling them that neither his passport number was used nhor his NIE number :confused:. Can't get through to Vodafone that it was one or the other as that is all the paperwork he has here ggggrrrrrr

I've just had a major problem with Vodafone, and spoke with numerous people (some very rude) on 123 and visit to a couple of their shops, but to no conclusion.
I then took it on myself to do a bit of Miss Marple, and found an interesting email addy, monique.cudos@vodafo​ne.com. I sent her an email explaining the problem, and everything was resolved in 3 days. She passed my request to Customer Care, and a lovely lady dealt with it, most of the emails were at 11pm, so she must have the late shift, but, as I say it's all sorted now, with apologies from Vodafone, so I'm one happy lady.

Give it a go, and good luck

Jackie
05-08-2011, 09:44
After 30 years on the island Vodafone/Movistar can still make me cry tears of frustration.They all speak English until you have a problem and then .......well the rest is history.However even if you are Spanish or speak fluent Spanish,believe me ,it's the same!!!!

Well as I have said I have tried many times in various Vodafone shops and other suppliers have tried to get this contract cancelled on my behalf. My phone has now been cut off although I can still receive incoming calls for now, the reason it has been cut off is because I haven't paid my bill. There was a method behind my madness ;) I have this morning received a call from Vodafone about the unpaid bill and asked to speak to someone in English as I do not have the Spanish to explain everything that has gone on. The lady told me to call 123 for an English speaking operator, so when I get home from work and have more time I will call them and tell them that when I have confirmation that my contract is cancelled I will then pay the bill. They can denounce me, they can stop incoming calls, they can do what they like but as long as I get the result I want at the end I will be a happy bunny :)

Cairo
05-08-2011, 16:56
If you phone 123 and ask to speak to an english speaking operator you will be given 22189 to call, this will cost 15c a minute and I have never had any success in getting this number answered - good luck :)

Cousincas
27-08-2011, 12:49
I am still trying to cancel my vodafone dongle and can't find a phone number for vodofone anywhere. I went to the office at Las Americas who gave me the number 22189 but as I am not on the vodfone network this is useless. I have searched their website and tried numbers in Madrid but constantly get the message ' this number doesn't exist. If someone has any contact number could you please let me know.
Many thanks

cressrt
27-08-2011, 13:41
HI, We cancelled our vodafone dongle contract recently, we have movistar mobiles so could not use their nextwork numbers. I asked at a Vodafone shop and they told me to phone their At. Cliente (customer service) on 60712300 - and ask for Dept Bajas. There are various options in Spanish and I managed eventually to speak to someone in English who tried various offers to keep me, but I cancelled verbally with him. He then said I had to fax a confirmation to 607132591 with the following details, as used for the contract - My Name, the Mobile number of the dongle, the reason for cancellation (I said I no longer needed it as I had a fixed line), Attached a copy of my passport (used for ID on contract, if you used something else this would need to be copied), and signed, dated and faxed to them. Should be cancelled within 48 hours. Also I cancelled the DD with my bank to ensure no further payments taken.
Not heard anything from them since.
Good luck!

Cousincas
27-08-2011, 14:04
Thanks for the numbers and info, I'll give it a go.

Cousincas
29-08-2011, 12:23
Hi Cressrt. I tried the number you have given and got a recorded message asking for my number which I gave, It then said it wasn't recognised. The number you have written is 60712300. Should there be another number on the end of that? I have tried another 0 and got the recoded message.

cressrt
29-08-2011, 12:37
Yes its treble 0 and then you will be given a recorded menu to choose from in Spanish. I ended up doing it loads of times pressing various numbers until I got someone who spoke English as I couldn't understand the Spanish well enough. Do you know someone who speaks Spanish well that could listen and understand what the menu is saying?

Cousincas
29-08-2011, 13:32
SUCCESS!! I finally got to talk to someone. I just have to fax all the info to them now. I feel as though I've run a marathon. Thanks for all your help, I'm now going to have a stiff drink.

casabonny
30-08-2011, 11:06
The tel number you have quoted creesrt seems to be a digit short.Could you re post the correct one please?

cressrt
30-08-2011, 12:58
See above post there was a "0" missing, it should read 607123000.

Jackie
24-09-2011, 22:03
Would just like to say thanks to Balcon. I sent an email to the address provided in an earlier post on this thread telling them that although we were no longer on contract as it had expired and was not renewed by us we were still on the same tariff with the money being taken by direct debit each month from our bank. I told them that I was sick and tired of all the excuses from the staff in Vodafone shops as to the reasons they could not cancel this tariff and put it back to PAYG. I also told them that once this months bill was paid I would be cancelling the direct debit. One week later I received a call from a lady at Vodafone who spoke absolutely perfect English saying she apologised for all the problems I had had in the past and that she had changed the sim to PAYG as of that moment. She said she would be sending me an email with a choice of PAYG tariffs and I just had to reply to her email letting her know which one I wanted. Although now sorted it is all a bit too late and I will be changing providers. Orange have a really good deal with their Delfin 350 PAYG. Providing you top up at least 3.50 euros per week you get unlimited internet access and 50 free texts per week.