PDA

View Full Version : Fiestas Granadilla Romeria in Tenerife

TIS
05-06-2011, 11:24
If you'd like to see a part of Tenerife tradition come up to Granadilla for this long precession of floats and bands and a fair. More than the ususal as all the floats hand out food and drink - FREE. Great entertainment. Starts at 1pm until about 4am - get here earlier if you need to park a car.

It gets better every year!!

Andy0210
06-06-2011, 01:01
Was a great afternoon, after times like this it makes me wonder why people that live in Tenerife would want to live in the tourist areas ??????

TIS
06-06-2011, 01:10
Anything that can keep our 3.75yr old twins entertained for nearly 5 hours has to have been good. Glad you ahd a good time too. Only trouble is, with soooo many people there - never saw you!

Andy0210
06-06-2011, 01:28
Anything that can keep our 3.75yr old twins entertained for nearly 5 hours has to have been good. Glad you ahd a good time too. Only trouble is, with soooo many people there - never saw you!

I briefly saw you but there was too many horses in the way and the local bar waved a dorada in my face lol.

Donīt worry we will catch up soon when there are less horses about! :)

tracey
06-06-2011, 10:53
a great day. Feeling rather delicate this morning though!!:eyebrows:

Roadkingrider
06-06-2011, 15:22
If the Forum could make it its mission to tell members about events such as these BEFORE they happen, I'm sure lots of people would be grateful. Tenerife must be the worse place I have ever visited for telling people IN ADVANCE about events/concerts etc. The British Newspapers here are guilty of the same thing - I don't want to read some person's report about it after the event, myself and lots of people I know want to go to these things. And, whoever is running the Tourist information/publicity department over here should be sacked, they haven't got a clue.

Lol
06-06-2011, 19:11
I fully agree, I went last year had a great time, have been looking for a couple of weeks for any information on this years festival, am so sad to have missed it

Zara
06-06-2011, 20:19
If the Forum could make it its mission to tell members about events such as these BEFORE they happen, I'm sure lots of people would be grateful. Tenerife must be the worse place I have ever visited for telling people IN ADVANCE about events/concerts etc. The British Newspapers here are guilty of the same thing - I don't want to read some person's report about it after the event, myself and lots of people I know want to go to these things. And, whoever is running the Tourist information/publicity department over here should be sacked, they haven't got a clue.

I write a Things to do each Month and receive information directly from the Tourist Board who are extremely helpful and although they email me every month some of the information can at times be very close to the event dates. However, I am sure they are not the only people who know about such events, there are the organisers, the Ayuntamiento and even the general public who are involved.

I have said in several places that if anyone would like to advertise their event for free I am more than happy to include it in the relevant month, while half a dozen people keep me regularly informed, the vast majority are happy to wait for the event to be over before anyone knows about it.

So rather than saying sack the person at the tourist board, perhaps you should report them along with everyone else to the Taxman so he can take his Revenge !!.:whistle:

Tia
07-06-2011, 09:18
A few picys from the Romeria , it was great fun, 26 of us on horses rode in the procession , the horses love it. There was even a camel in the parade.

tracey
07-06-2011, 19:05
I am used to the Ferias in Andalucia , so this was totally new for me. The costumes and music are so different