PDA

View Full Version : Problem reading threads

sunspot
03-08-2011, 16:10
When i open a thread i cant see anything,anyone else having this problem?

Added after 26 minutes:

Strange thing is i can only open my threads now

Added after 2 Hours 4 minutes:

Any news anyone?

woolli
03-08-2011, 16:45
Same problem as Sunspot. Just a blank screen, no threads will open. Thanks.

YOUNG GOLFER
03-08-2011, 16:48
Forum is playing up....

Zara
03-08-2011, 17:29
I can see my own posts, but when I click on any other post I just get a blank screen.

Have tried to raise a help ticket but only get the title box and nowhere to add what the problem is!!

I have a flashing box at the top of my screen which says Help Ticket but when I click on that another blank screen.:wow:

Sal
03-08-2011, 19:04
I have the same problem - I think, but I can't see any of the previous "Problem" thread!

Added after 2 minutes:

Well, I have managed to open this thread again, but everything else is just blank. !!!

Added after 7 minutes:

PMs are opening fine and I can read them, so if somebody can help, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Ian55
03-08-2011, 19:14
Hi all, we are aware of the problem May i suggest you log out,clear your cookies and log back in please,to see if this sorts the problem thanks

Ian 55

Suej
03-08-2011, 19:19
Sorry Admin this is the only way to let you know there seems to be a widespread problem! Also Forum is extremely slow to log in!
Hope all is well soon!:D

VideoMem
03-08-2011, 19:42
Same for me here in UK, It has taken 9 attempts to get it display this topic so I can now see its not just me:confused:

doreen
03-08-2011, 19:45
It's a bit slower for me, but threads opening fine ....

Sal
Whoooopeeeeeeeeee - I can see it all now.

Mine is working ok - how about everyone else?

Zara
I can now see posts but can't add images via the Url option.

Suej
03-08-2011, 19:48
I was using my old laptop earlier and it was really slow, using my new laptop now and itīs still slow, but at least I got on to the thread!;) Has it do to the the upgrade Doreen?:dontknow:

doreen
03-08-2011, 19:51
I was using my old laptop earlier and it was really slow, using my new laptop now and itīs still slow, but at least I got on to the thread!;) Has it do to the the upgrade Doreen?:dontknow:

I'm still reading Computers for Dummies :) ... so can't give you an answer, I'm afraid - when we discover what happened, we will let you know

tizzywizzy
03-08-2011, 19:51
Have managed to get in to read this thread. I am using Firefox as my browser. Hope this sends

slodgedad
03-08-2011, 20:00
I have received a couple of PMs regarding the problems today and here is the reply I have sent, I hope it answers one or two questions..QUOTE:

As I stated on Open Forum there are a lot of tweaks and upgrades going on at the moment to make the new Forum compatible with some of the add ons the old Forum used.

Admin is aware and has been working all day to iron out the problems.

The main problem has been that as the old Forum used an old version of V Bulletin and the new Forum has the latest so some of the tried and trusted applications and add ons are not compatible so alternatives and 'tweaks' have to be found.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it will be worth it in the end.

Mod Team

tizzywizzy
03-08-2011, 20:16
thank you Slodgedad. If would be useful if we all knew who to contact if we find the forum down. I posted on the facebook page. Is this the best thing to do?

Ecky Thump
03-08-2011, 20:18
When i open a thread i cant see anything,anyone else having this problem?

Strange thing is i can only open my threads now

Any news anyone?

Chris
Last time I was out with you, I tried to warn you that this would happen if you continue to drink Vodka and Coke by the pint!:spin:

slodgedad
03-08-2011, 20:20
thank you Slodgedad. If would be useful if we all knew who to contact if we find the forum down. I posted on the facebook page. Is this the best thing to do?

If the Forum, God forbid, goes down and the substitute is not available then I'd say yes.

sunspot
03-08-2011, 20:25
Chris
Last time I was out with you, I tried to warn you that this would happen if you continue to drink Vodka and Coke by the pint!:spin:

I forgot to add the ice Ecky, it was all one big blur

warbey
03-08-2011, 20:56
Its been wobbly for a couple of Days.
I wrote a longish Post and found I wasnnt logged in anymore.
This has been going on for Weeks I'm afraid..

Delilah
03-08-2011, 20:58
I too have had problems with opening posts, it has taken several attempts over a period of an hour.Can someone give me the facebook link or name please? Just in case I need it! :thanx:

Pooh
03-08-2011, 21:14
There was a software update performed last night, to upgrade the forum to the latest forum software, and that has caused a few bugs. (Including the issue with the HelpDesk). I'm not really sure what this exact issue is about though, since it's not a general issue affecting all users, but only some... I'm not able to duplicate it, I see all threads and posts normally no matter which browser I try, which makes it much more difficult to find.
Continuing to dig into it, though... If the first post in this thread is anything to go on, it appears to have started about 4 PM today?