PDA

View Full Version : We have a Help Desk problem today.

slodgedad
03-08-2011, 20:55
May I apologize for the non response to a few tickets in the Help Centre.

They are all concerned with the compatibility problem I described earlier, inasmuch as, even Mods can't reply to tickets.

All will soon be sorted, so if you have a ticket in regarding problems with posting, reading threads etc., be assured it is not being ignored but being dealt with.

Thanks for your patience.

Slodge. Mod Team

admin
04-08-2011, 19:43
May I apologize for the non response to a few tickets in the Help Centre.

They are all concerned with the compatibility problem I described earlier, inasmuch as, even Mods can't reply to tickets.

All will soon be sorted, so if you have a ticket in regarding problems with posting, reading threads etc., be assured it is not being ignored but being dealt with.

Thanks for your patience.

Slodge. Mod Team

The problem is caused by the upgrade and the inclusion of a new editor, which you will probably have noticed in the quickreply etc. (if you haven't, you're blind! :D). As the helpdesk is a modification of the original VB software, it is still expecting the old editor.

We have contacted the developer of the helpdesk on their helpdesk (how ironic is that? lol) and are awaiting response to our ticket (they have not upgraded, so can respond :D) with a solution. As soon as we get one, it'll be fixed, but until then, just post your help queries here, or PM a mod directly, report stuff or submit it using the contact form (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFprcWtSNk9WTWwzSGkwdDhVSW8weUE6MQ#gid=0) if it's a sensitive subject or discussing rules or moderator actions.

Margaretta
05-08-2011, 00:16
Hi all and thank you for the hard work so far.
I'm not sure whether your message relates to this but I am unable to reply to a pm or to some threads. Lots of stuff which would normally be on a toolbar appears on the reply box and it is blue and won't accept type. This one does....random.
Would be grateful to know if it's my problem or Forum thingy.
Many thanks,
Margaretta

admin
05-08-2011, 00:40
Hi all and thank you for the hard work so far.
I'm not sure whether your message relates to this but I am unable to reply to a pm or to some threads. Lots of stuff which would normally be on a toolbar appears on the reply box and it is blue and won't accept type. This one does....random.
Would be grateful to know if it's my problem or Forum thingy.
Many thanks,
MargarettaAs has been mentioned in another 2 threads in the help section, it seems to be an Internet explorer thing... Judging from your description, I take it you are using that browser, as you didn't say...?

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7593-Help-I-can-t-send-private-mail

cheshiremike
06-08-2011, 13:06
I am having exactly the same problem with PM's. The 'message box' is greyed out
and yes, I am using IE8.

dokgolf
06-08-2011, 13:19
I am having exactly the same problem with PM's. The 'message box' is greyed out
and yes, I am using IE8.
This forum doesn't like IE Mike. I switched to Chrome last week and have had no probs since.

admin
08-08-2011, 11:09
There has finally been a reply about the helpdesk. Hopefully the developer will have included the new editor by tomorrow, but it may be a couple more days... at least it is coming soon! :)

Cruise
08-08-2011, 21:45
I have to press reply to post then right click then press refresh then it lets me post.... looking forward to the easy way like before.......This is with IE try it

slodgedad
08-08-2011, 21:54
I have to press reply to post then right click then press refresh then it lets me post.... looking forward to the easy way like before.......This is with IE try itAs has been previously recommended the Forum works far better away from IE.

The problem is being resolved.

slodgedad
10-08-2011, 00:31
I will re iterate. The Help desk is still not reconfigured.

A lot of the problems have been dealt with, (mods are unable to reply) but if you still have a problem then post in 'Help and Assistance (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forumdisplay.php?54-Help-amp-Assistance)'

If it is private then PM me or any other Mod on line or click ''Contact Us' at the bottom of the page.

Cruise
13-08-2011, 17:39
Mine is fine now....changed to firefox....however it is in spanish....wonder how to change language now..emmmm..

Harmonicaman
13-08-2011, 18:45
Mine is fine now....changed to firefox....however it is in spanish....wonder how to change language now..emmmm..

Try going to "Tools", "Options", "Contents"...there should be a way to change language in there.