PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a Fair FX pre-paid Mastercard for their holiday in Tenerife?

Bazz
03-08-2011, 21:45
Do any of you use this card when on holiday instead of a normal credit card/debit card/travellers' cheques etc.? If so do you recommend it? :dontknow: :)

Susief
03-08-2011, 22:05
We have one of those. Not used it in Tenerife yet. Got it mainly for paying for tickets. Have saved £50 already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myra
03-08-2011, 22:09
I have one of these cards, they a fantastic when booking flights, I just transfer money on the them if and when I need it.

theedge92
03-08-2011, 23:01
I recommend it 100%, i used it for the first time last month. Its so easy to use and is safer and better than carrying cash around with you. Activating the card can be abit of a swine but its no hassle, plus it only costs 2 euros every deposit from the ATM. So as long as you withdraw larger amounts then your fine. Overall its a great way to use your money abroad and is alot safer. I will be using my card again next time. :D

Ecky Thump
03-08-2011, 23:29
I would recommend a Caxton fx euro card, load it with euros before your holiday and you can then withdraw from any ATM in Tenerife with no charges at all. Safe and easy.:)

karinagal
03-08-2011, 23:39
I would recommend a Caxton fx euro card, load it with euros before your holiday and you can then withdraw from any ATM in Tenerife with no charges at all. Safe and easy.:)

I also use and recommend the Caxton FX card.. no charges at all for using it at atm's or to pay in restaurants and/or shops.

Bradybunch
04-08-2011, 16:52
I also use and recommend the Caxton FX card.. no charges at all for using it at atm's or to pay in restaurants and/or shops.

I too have the Caxton FX card, it is brill no problems at all with it and it is transferable too, we used it in May and our Son used in June when he went with his friends. The good thing is we load it every so often with what we have spare and before you know it you have your spending money for your next holiday.

DJandDeid
04-08-2011, 18:05
Moneybookers.com do a prepaid MasterCard no charges for loading or cc transactions but a cash withdrawal charge from ATMs at home (can't remember if there is in Tenerife). Worth checking out as it's good for avoiding ryanair charges.

Ecky Thump
04-08-2011, 19:18

I have just looked at the Which report on preloaded debit cards and the Caxtonfx card was rated to be the best there is with regards to costing, availability and ease of use.