PDA

View Full Version : Can't edit posts since upgrade

Jackie
04-08-2011, 09:48
As the title says really...........

Suej
04-08-2011, 10:27
I´ve made my first post today Jackie and it edited OK! try again! I am finding transfer to threads really slow though.:spin:

Malteser Monkey
04-08-2011, 10:30
when I click reply to thread it goes straight to quick reply - and the smilies are limited too.

bonitatime
04-08-2011, 11:37
I can always edit, but I never go advanced so can't comment on that

Malteser Monkey
04-08-2011, 12:04
I´ve made my first post today Jackie and it edited OK! try again! I am finding transfer to threads really slow though.:spin:

yes me too hun

Cruise
04-08-2011, 20:25
As the title says really...........

I couldn¨t edit this morning also and had problems posting, saying I needed min 10 characters and had more that that , also the smiley page on mine is so, so slow so I rather times smile.......on the positive it is a great forum...smile.

slodgedad
04-08-2011, 20:35
I couldn¨t edit this morning also and had problems posting, saying I needed min 10 characters and had more that that , also the smiley page on mine is so, so slow so I rather times smile.......on the positive it is a great forum...smile.Just bear with us for a short while.

A lot of work is going on in the background with the new, improved Forum. The fruits of which will soon become apparent.

admin
04-08-2011, 20:42
I couldn¨t edit this morning also and had problems posting, saying I needed min 10 characters and had more that that , also the smiley page on mine is so, so slow so I rather times smile.......on the positive it is a great forum...smile.Can you give us information about your browser and operating system, because as far as I am aware, this is not an issue anymore... so if it is for you, you need to tell us more. Do you only get it at certain times, or all the time?

Malteser Monkey
04-08-2011, 20:53
Just bear with us for a short while.

A lot of work is going on in the background with the new, improved Forum. The fruits of which will soon become apparent.

Oh I'll ..Bare ... with you hunny !!!! Will it be strawberries ?? I'll bring the ice cream

delgirl
04-08-2011, 21:05
i can't reply to anything at the bottom as its blue and don't let me type i can only type by clicking on reply under thread this doesn't always work though :jumping:

admin
04-08-2011, 21:07
i can't reply to anything at the bottom as its blue and don't let me type i can only type by clicking on reply under thread this doesn't always work though :jumping:
As per my last post...

Can you give us information about your browser and operating system, because as far as I am aware, this is not an issue anymore... so if it is for you, you need to tell us more. Do you only get it at certain times, or all the time?

delgirl
04-08-2011, 21:15
all the time since yesterday i am on bt operating system is vista been okay all along just having problems since yesterday

admin
04-08-2011, 21:18
all the time since yesterday i am on bt operating system is vista been okay all along just having problems since yesterdayDo you know around what time?

Ian55
04-08-2011, 21:20
Delgirl,

What Browser are you using ? Internet Exp 7/8/9 ? Google Chrome ,Firefox etc please

delgirl
04-08-2011, 21:39
about 21.00 :spin: i am on internet explorer 9 9.0.8112 version update 9.0.1 this is what i am using rolleyes2:

admin
04-08-2011, 21:44
about 21.00 :spin:Hmmm... well that makes no sense at all. ??? Nothing was done on the forum for hours before and after that... ???

Can you please tell us your browser, as both I and Ian previously asked... :)

delgirl
04-08-2011, 21:49
internet explorer 9 9.0.8112 version update 9.0.1 :spin: started about 21.30 last night

Added after 2 minutes:

if nothing can be found don't worry will just post things another way :wave:

admin
04-08-2011, 21:51
internet explorer 9 9.0.8112 version update 9.0.1 :spin: started about 21.30 last nightOk... I will aks pooh if he did anything, but I know for a fact I was out from 6 until 11.30pm, so nothing was being done my end! :)

delgirl
04-08-2011, 21:55
it would not let me reply to your private message either the screen stayed blue also don't know if this makes any sense to you as it don't to me its all beyond me:crying2:

admin
04-08-2011, 22:03
No one can reply to private messages from me... My inbox is closed ;)

Or do you mean anyone?

Have you seen this thread (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7593-Help-I-can-t-send-private-mail&p=74205#post74205), as I have had a reply from Pooh and he has not changed anything either.... so it may be an issue with your browser.

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7593-Help-I-can-t-send-private-mail&p=74205#post74205

Cruise
05-08-2011, 09:59
Can you give us information about your browser and operating system, because as far as I am aware, this is not an issue anymore... so if it is for you, you need to tell us more. Do you only get it at certain times, or all the time?

Window 7, IE, Only happened 4 times trying to send the same post that it kept telling me that I needed 10 characters which I defo had, Yes smiley page takes too long nearly always.....smile

Cruise
06-08-2011, 04:09
Window 7, IE, Only happened 4 times trying to send the same post that it kept telling me that I needed 10 characters which I defo had, Yes smiley page takes too long nearly always.....smile

and now cannot even post from that computer.....kindly unblock it....as it is blocked

Added after 2 minutes:

When i click on reply it didn't work and the message shows you have not permission mostly it happened. please tell me anyone why is this happened.

Same problem I am having on 1 computer but this one is fine..and I thought they just blocked me...

Santiago
06-08-2011, 21:44
Please, where have all my smiley's gone? I can only get a small sample of them. Using IE 8.0.6001.18702 with Windows XP. Also have some problems and differences posting a quick reply and the quick reply Menu is faded out. All was well until the middle of this week, and I know you are all working very hard to get everything up to speed but "Is it me?" Am just trying it on Google Chrome and there is no difference.

marbro8
06-08-2011, 21:51
i have noticed that when i do a spell check that it goes to a rather elongated screen and i have to scroll all through what i have posted ?

slodgedad
06-08-2011, 22:57
Since the recent upgrade to the latest version if VBulletin a lot of the old add ons are not compatible, (as I have explained before) but all is in hand.

As I type there are mods and Admins in sweat shops all over Tenerife making the Forum unbeatable.

The main problem we have found is that it's difficult to upgrade certain things while the Forum is on line..(Major stuff)

But then we get the Catch 22.....

caroletenerife
06-08-2011, 23:09
and now cannot even post from that computer.....kindly unblock it....as it is blocked

Added after 2 minutes:

Same problem I am having on 1 computer but this one is fine..and I thought they just blocked me...

same here sometimes it lets me reply sometimes not, PM's also, sometimes wont let me reply xxx