PDA

View Full Version : Did you or do you live near anyone famous?

Zara
05-06-2011, 12:04
When I lived in Camberley we often used to see famous people around. Did you or do you live close to anyone famous.

Seeing Sooty mentioned on another thread made me think Matthew Corbett was in Frimley Green

Rick Wakeman my daughter used to date his son Adam.
Maxwell Knight the MI5 man lived round the corner in Park Road.
Brain May used to use the same Chinese takeaway the Watermargin
Brian Blessed walked his dogs in Windlesham Arboratum where my daughter got married.
Blufoot - Hip Hop DJ & Producer, went to Collingwood school on the Old Dean where my kids went.
Bros
Robert Powell actor and Babs Pans People.
Tom O'Connor
Jeremy Beadle on Heatherside
Gary Linekar lived on Robin Hill Drive
Five Star also lived on the London Road

Simon-M
05-06-2011, 12:20
The Queen :)
Duke Of Edinburgh
Freddie Star
Donovan
Michael Parkinson
Geoff Hurst
Martin Peters
Peter Osgood

Loads of others too.

Zara
05-06-2011, 12:23
The Queen :)
Duke Of Edinburgh
Freddie Star
Donovan
Michael Parkinson
Geoff Hurst
Martin Peters
Peter Osgood

Loads of others too.

So you were in Windsor.

onelegnofeet
05-06-2011, 12:26
Growing up ..........a friend Kevin Keegan ,also Liveing up the road Jeremy Clarkson though at the time it was his parents who where the famous ones as makers of the real Paddington bear fur teddies .Also a fantastic gentleman boxer Bruce Woodcock ( really knew how to cuff me round the ear !!!)

Now just down the road ,Chubby Brown ,Actress Julie Peasgood ,Johhny Lees ex Emmerdale (ned glover )/corrie (milkman whose daughter got involved with Terry Duckworth ) .

If this was a thread of "Who have you met " i think i would be called big head ..............AGAIN !!

So you were in Windsor.

Who Barbera ???:hit::hit:

Zara
05-06-2011, 12:29
Oneleg I am sure because of what you used to do for a living you will have met loads of famous people, and probably some infamous ones too :hole:

atlantico
05-06-2011, 12:39
IN Wales, we live next to 'Hawk' , ex of old Gladiators TV programme

Jackie
05-06-2011, 12:56
Not so much lived near but knew quite a few.

Mitzi Greaves, daughter of Jimmy is still a very good friend who I went to school with.
John Stracey (World Champion Boxer) is a very good friend of my parents and can be seen in most of my wedding photos, yes even the ones he wasn't supposed to be in haha.
My dad and Uncle were very good friends with a lot of boxers and footballers back in the day, a couple of others that I met as a young girl via them are John Conte and the late great Sir Henry Cooper.
I have photos of the late Bobby Moore at family events, he was also a friend of my parents.
Going back many moons a lot of the then West Ham Team were at my 21st.
Tony Cottee used to come round our house for a cup of tea with my cousin, they were good friends.
My husband played football and was friends with one of Nigel Benn's trainers so we met him on a couple of occasions.
My youngest son played Sunday league football with Liverpool's Jon-Jo Shelvey and they were both at the West Ham Academy together until Shelvey's dad took over as coach but that's another story lol.
The list goes on but I just can't think of all the names.

onelegnofeet
05-06-2011, 12:58
Oneleg I am sure because of what you used to do for a living you will have met loads of famous people, and probably some infamous ones too :hole:

Dont let me keep you up !!!:surrender::surrender::raspberry:

reggie
05-06-2011, 13:10
Bob monkhouses sister lived in my house, carrol vordaman lived round the corner from my previos, was it captain oats who said "ime going now and i may be sometime" his family lived opposite, Oh, and a man that used to catch bullets in his teeth stayed at my mothers, while appearing at the grand theater in leeds, I thought he wasnt quiet telling the truth, i was about 10 maybe, but i could smell a rat, Plus I'm famous and i live in my house, :lol:

grumps
05-06-2011, 13:12
When I lived in Camberley we often used to see famous people around. Did you or do you live close to anyone famous.

Seeing Sooty mentioned on another thread made me think Matthew Corbett was in Frimley Green

Maxwell Knight the MI5 man lived round the corner in Park Road.

Brain May used to use the same Chinese takeaway the Watermargin
Brian Blessed walked his dogs in Windlesham Arboratum where my daughter got married.
Blufoot - Hip Hop DJ & Producer, went to Collingwood school on the Old Dean where my kids went.
Bros
Robert Powell actor and Babs Pans People.
Tom O'Connor
Jeremy Beadle on Heatherside
Gary Linekar lived on Robin Hill Drive
Five Star also lived on the London Road

Hi Zara...i used 2 know Rick Wakeman from when i lived in Burnham Bucks as a kid. Coincidently i met Adam recently in Churston golf club he goes out with the daughter of someone i know. My best m8 is Chester Barnes the ex table tennis champ and another good m8 is Ray Reardon.

ps SimonM.. as a kid i worked in the Berni Inn Windsor and used to talk to Peter Osgood a lot.

rgds-grumps

Roadkingrider
05-06-2011, 14:00
I used to live in St John's Wood, North London and Robert Plant used to go for a coffee in the Starbucks every Sunday morning regular as clockwork, still does probably. Liam Gallagher used to live on my road, when he was with Patsy Kensit - the papps were everywhere, great fun! Saw Macca one day with Heather Mills, they looked like a lovely couple, wonder If they're still together? (ha).

Bonnie1964
05-06-2011, 16:22
Gerard Butler grew up beside me.......Billy Connelly is my pals brothers Godfather he was a regular visitor to their house when we were young.....and David Sneddon winner of Fame academy(anyone remember him lol)lived on the same street:)

sunspot
05-06-2011, 16:30
Came from the same town as
Diana Dors,Melinda Messenger,Billie Piper,Julian Clary,Gilbert O'Sullivan,David Hempleman-Adams,Justin Hayward who founded the Moody Blues

candy2411
05-06-2011, 16:49
My sister lives less than a mile away from footballer Michael Owen and sees him quite regularly as he stops at the local shop most mornings to buy a paper on taking his kids to the local school....

julia44
06-06-2011, 06:53
I live near Kirsty of Tenerife Forum fame

Ecky Thump
06-06-2011, 08:23
Paul McCartney lives across the water from me.....I love it when the weather is stormy!:lol:

Megaloo
06-06-2011, 09:37
Paul McCartney lives across the water from me.....I love it when the weather is stormy!:lol:

I used to live round the corner from Ronnie Barker ( but there was a great difference in the houses) in only a little distance

Goforgold
06-06-2011, 10:00
I had a one night stand with a Captain of Aston Villa - does that count?!! :)

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2011, 10:03

:crazy: but did he live near you ?? ohhh GFG what you like - you been on the baraquitos again:lol:

Goforgold
06-06-2011, 10:08
Pretty close !! I didn't want to see him again and left a note pinned on my front door to that effect. :)

Zara
06-06-2011, 10:08

Now that should make an interesting thread - who have you had a one-night stand with? :eyebrows:

Goforgold
06-06-2011, 10:11
When I lived at home, we lived just down the road from The Saint, Nobby Holder and lots of others like that, I didn't take any notice to be honest. they are just doing a job like any other. My OH and I must be very odd, because when we watch House in the Sun, and they say that such and such has a house there, it puts us right off!!!

Tom & Sharon
06-06-2011, 10:15
Now that should make an interesting thread - who have you had a one-night stand with? :eyebrows:

Giggsy's missus :eyebrows:

Tom

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2011, 10:32

yes good one:lol:

Chris P. Bacon
06-06-2011, 10:35
I feel some super injunctions coming on :eyebrows:

Leam_Lin
06-06-2011, 10:38
I feel some super injunctions coming on :eyebrows:

Oh'errr..............

with cheese
06-06-2011, 11:22
Leo Sayer, Dora Bryan, Danny La Rue, Bianca, Paul Macca, Oneleg Macca, Derek Jameson, Zoe Ball and her Fatboy. Phil Collins, Roger Daltry, Sally Gunnell loads of others, Brighton and west sussex. Oh and Gary Glitter used to have a houseboat here, I was only a kid then, oh dear.

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2011, 11:41
Leo Sayer, Dora Bryan, Danny La Rue, Bianca, Paul Macca, Oneleg Macca, Derek Jameson, Zoe Ball and her Fatboy. Phil Collins, Roger Daltry, Sally Gunnell loads of others, Brighton and west sussex. Oh and Gary Glitter used to have a houseboat here, I was only a kid then, oh dear.

they're your one nite stands ?????????:surrender:

Goforgold
06-06-2011, 12:15
they're your one nite stands ?????????:surrender:

No - I think they were just all on the one night MM!!! :)

with cheese
06-06-2011, 12:25
Not Gary G he was a long term one.

slodgedad
06-06-2011, 12:38
I used to live next door to Freddy Mercury's driver's ex milkman's brother's dustman.

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2011, 12:52
Not Gary G he was a long term one.

:censored:

TOTO 99
06-06-2011, 12:58
I used to live next door to Freddy Mercury's driver's ex milkman's brother's dustman.

You Liar........prove it.:D

reggie
06-06-2011, 14:35
You Liar........prove it.:D

YEH, Gob sh--e

with cheese
06-06-2011, 14:37
Oh Brian, yeah nice bloke.

onelegnofeet
06-06-2011, 14:44

Do you get a rates rebate ????:hit???:eyebrows:

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2011, 14:48
Oh Brian, yeah nice bloke.

May ?.........

onelegnofeet
06-06-2011, 15:05
May ?.........

No its June ..................did you nod off ???

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2011, 15:07
No its June ..................did you nod off ???

June - I thought the driver was Brian, is June Brian's stand in ?

Roadkingrider
06-06-2011, 15:12
I used to live in Palm Mar (still recovering from tediumitis) and used to see Rod Stewart all the time - well the Tenerife tribute bloke. Always had hair like a distressed budgie!!

reggie
06-06-2011, 15:20
I used to live in Palm Mar (still recovering from tediumitis) and used to see Rod Stewart all the time - well the Tenerife tribute bloke. Always had hair like a distressed budgie!!

He would be knackered without that hair, he has that complaint where you straighten everthing up, saw him once tidying everthing up on the bar ?, beermats cd's etc, i thought that lads barking, not a bad tribute though, Under pants are a bit too tight,

Roadkingrider
06-06-2011, 15:26
Could he tidy up his act do you think? Vocal-wise. He's okay I suppose, but how many times can you sit through that dreadful song, Sailing. It's sheer Hull to listen to.

TOTO 99
06-06-2011, 20:13
He would be knackered without that hair, he has that complaint where you straighten everthing up, saw him once tidying everthing up on the bar ?, beermats cd's etc, i thought that lads barking, not a bad tribute though, Under pants are a bit too tight,

It serves you right for trying his underpants on in the first place.

with cheese
06-06-2011, 20:33
Does she go round and lock you out when you ain't looking?

Andy0210
07-06-2011, 01:30

Rick Wakeman was your daughter? ;)

On a serious note, my local famous ish people were, Brett Ormerod and David Dunn both Premier league footballers lived very close to me, Stephen Pinder, Max Farnham out of Brookside went to the same school as me, and Janice Battersby and Hayley Cropper from Coronation Street were both local to me as well!
An ex of mine used to live a few doors away from Reg Holdsworth!

uptowngirl
07-06-2011, 01:45
John Parr of St Elmos fire fame lived nearby, and I am also friends with Sheridan Smith (two pints of lager and Legally Blonde fame) who is one of the most genuine people you could wish to meet!:)

Geoff Boycott lived down the road, as did Lesley Garrett.

with cheese
07-06-2011, 06:57
Could he tidy up his act do you think? Vocal-wise. He's okay I suppose, but how many times can you sit through that dreadful song, Sailing. It's sheer Hull to listen to.

Do you mean Adam. He is a nice bloke.

Goforgold
27-12-2011, 21:30
The Saint..................

Ecky Thump
27-12-2011, 21:59
I am not sure they are famous, but the couple who live close to me did win £161,000,000:crazy:

Added after 2 minutes:

The Saint..................

Is that the Saint who works with Greavsie?:cheeky:

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 08:52
I am not sure they are famous, but the couple who live close to me did win £161,000,000:crazy:

Did you get a response to your letter?....:eyebrows:

warbey
28-12-2011, 20:55
Did you get a response to your letter?....:eyebrows:

just the one..?:eyebrows::eyebrows:

tonypub
28-12-2011, 21:00
les dennis lived near me,watched him blow all his cash in the bookies

vpapz
16-05-2012, 06:32
not actually lived there, but i had a vacation in their region, in their city to be exact, i was living near the house of the world's boxing champ, Manny Pacquiao, in General santos City in the philippines...

it was such an exciting tym, because at any moment you could actually see him over riding on his car and waving his hands...

though, it was good for me, a chance of a lifetime to see a famous person ryt in time...:crazy: it was crazy....

Ed3229
16-05-2012, 07:17
Rupert Penry-Jones and Dervla Kirwan live near me and a regular visitors to our farm shop....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/my-perfect-weekend/8359348/My-perfect-weekend-Rupert-Penry-Jones.html

Shugstar63
16-05-2012, 13:48
Boarded next door to Martin Shaw in my young days

amanda
16-05-2012, 16:48
me to mandy osgood was in the year above me peters sister we were in the best netball teams ever wonder what school that was

Boadicea
16-05-2012, 18:30
My neighbour in the UK is Sandie Shaw. My brother sold his house to Katie Price (aka Jordan) a couple of years ago.

warmwind
16-05-2012, 21:40
Ok I will contribute to some more name dropping :)

When we lived in North london we were a few streets down from Annie Lennox and I met her a few times as we went to the same Pilates studio, also met Victoria Wood as her photographed her for some publicity thingy ( not sure what is was for, it was a long time ago! ) and she happened to live close by. John Gieldguld came around to our apartment once as my husband worked on a project with him and he was staying near us.

When we lived in Berkshire Island records owner lived near us and I went to his home once.

I have also met Katie price she lived near me when I lived in shoreham , infact shared a jacuzzi with her ( before you ask, nothing funny went on though)

The best neighbour I have had, not a famous one though, is in Tenerife and unfortunately she is moving :(