PDA

View Full Version : 1st league game - CDT vs Vecindario Sunday 21st August 2011 at 5pm

Fred Perry
04-08-2011, 12:04
SUNDAY 21ST AUGUST - 5PM

CDT vs UD VECINDARIO

The first league game of the new season has been confirmed (yes, I am shocked as everyone that they have announced it so early!)

UD Vecindario are from Gran Canaria so it can be classified as a local derby but it will not be the same rivalry as a Las Palmas derby game. Infact it will probably be a case of both sets of supporters mixing before the match. 5pm on an august afternoon could be schorchio but same for both teams. Hopefully we can get off to a good start!

Coach details soon..........

bonitatime
04-08-2011, 14:06
Great to have at least 1 Sunday afternoon game.

Fred Perry
16-08-2011, 10:50
sunday 21st august - kick off 5pm

coach
toby jug - 2.30pm
royal oak - 2.30pm
los abrigos - 2.45pm

The Hack
16-08-2011, 17:01
Did you know that Marca's website has the fixtures for Segunda B Grupo 1? Can you pencil me in for the coach for the Rayo Vallecano B game on October 22/23, please. Will confirm nearer the date.
All the best for the new season.

bonitatime
16-08-2011, 17:34
According to Manoj Daswani journalist for La Opinion we are now at over 5000 season ticket holders whcih is a great jump.

http://tribunaalta.laopinion.es/archivo/2011/08/15/faltan-6-dias

KirstyJay
16-08-2011, 18:49
According to Manoj Daswani journalist for La Opinion we are now at over 5000 season ticket holders whcih is a great jump.

http://tribunaalta.laopinion.es/archivo/2011/08/15/faltan-6-dias

Let's hope they all turn up! :D

henry
16-08-2011, 19:18
i try to make it from work. i get off at 4pm so i try to make it by bus. if not i hope they show it on t.v.?

KirstyJay
16-08-2011, 19:25
if not i hope they show it on t.v.?

I doubt it... Not on a Sunday.

bonitatime
17-08-2011, 10:01
Up to now they have failed to come to terms about showing the games on TV..

KirstyJay
17-08-2011, 10:15
Up to now they have failed to come to terms about showing the games on TV..Looks like we have to rely on Oasis then! Is Roscoe planning on going to every away game too? ;)

Fred Perry
17-08-2011, 11:20
The game this Sunday will NOT be shown on tv. Infact as it stands no games will be shown until at least Christmas. For the home games I am pleased but not so good for away games.

TV Canaria have spent their whole budget on showing Champions League matches(tonight they have the Odense v Villarreal play-off) Ridiculous really.

There is a chance that some of the away games televised by local Spanish channels on the mainland will be "loaned" to TV Canaria. What that means is that TV Canaria cannot afford to pay for the rights of the game at that time but when we play that particular team in the return match here in Tenerife in the New Year they will get it for free (It is expected in the New Year that TV Canaria will make a deal to show some matches)

Andy from The Royal Oak says there is a possiblity that he could find the "satellite feed" for away games as long as it is televised on the mainland.

Roscoe
17-08-2011, 12:44
Would be nice Kirsty!

All CDT home games will be live on Oasis Fm. I will be joined by Adi for this Sunday's match and would love to have Chris with us again sometime. He did great, with just the one swear word!

Pablo Sicilia has promised to join us this weekend. He was due in our press box for the Las Palmas match but he was having treatment during the match.

www.oasisfm.com for those that need to listen online

Fred Perry
18-08-2011, 18:46
Coach sold out for this sunday

KirstyJay
18-08-2011, 18:51
www.oasisfm.com for those that need to listen onlineThere are direct listen live links on the forum sidebar ;)

henry
18-08-2011, 20:19
i really want to see the opening game but i just can´t made it. boo.. i get off work at 4pm there no way i can be in santa cruz by bus in a hour. oh!! well!!! next time then...

Added after 45 minutes:

also it still be nice if i can get oasis fm on my radio here in guaza. for 2 years and counting i still can´t get oasis on my radio. only online when i´m on my computer.

bonitatime
19-08-2011, 11:41
You will be lucky if Pablo joins you as not only is he charming but his English is great. I had the chance to talk to him and Victor Bravo last night at the presentation of season tickets at the Zoneros Local.

golazzo
21-08-2011, 10:52
I thought kick offs this season were 12 noon?

Fred Perry
21-08-2011, 11:54
Golazzo; If the teams can sort it out between themselves the games do not have to be played on a Sunday midday. The Spanish Football Federation pay all expenses for teams travelling to The Canaries at this level(2nd B) but the teams have to accept the flights given(which will be the return on a Sunday afternoon/evening).

When TV Canaria finally get their budget sorted(in the New Year) a deal will be worked out with CD Tenerife to televise some games. To sum up I reckon about 8/9 matches will be played on an afternoon and the rest Sunday midday.

I really cannot see the crowd in double figures Dave. Especially at this time of the year with many fans still on holiday etc. Season ticket sales have reached 6,000, this could reach perhaps 7,000 with a good start to the season.

My prediction ; Tenerife 2 Vecindario 1 Att; 6.800

Added after 4 minutes:

Some Vecindario fans over from Gran Canaria at the match today. They have an organised trip for 90€ which includes ferry, bus, trip to La Laguna historical sites (you could just see a mob of Millwall doing that could´nt you? :laugh:) and a meal).
I have heard there are 50/60 on official trip and there will always be a few others, so perhaps 100 tops. They are a small club and even though they are from Gran Canaria there is no rivalry whatsoever between the two set of fans. Infact there should be a good atmosphere before the game in the streets around the stadium.

KirstyJay
21-08-2011, 18:42
Currently 3-0 up In the 83rd min. Crowd 8206.

golazzo
21-08-2011, 18:50
Excellent result

henry
21-08-2011, 18:56
great game that tenerife won...

Dandy Don
21-08-2011, 19:54
Great start!

Onwards and upwards!

bonitatime
21-08-2011, 20:37
It was a great game. The team had chances to score more and Vecindatio didnt realy have any chance to score. The team ran their guts out were united and looked good.
The win was really important as it will help with season ticket renewals. The club doesnt release old seats until the 5th of September.
There were 8206 people in the stadium which was a good figure in August as many people will have been away or just at the beach

The Hack
22-08-2011, 00:03
Good start then. Don't know any details, but 3-0 looks impressive. Here's to the next one.

YOUNG GOLFER
22-08-2011, 00:17
It was a very good display from Tenerife our keeper only had to make one save and that was a good one.

Everyone was buzzing team, fans everyone.....loved the huge cheer at the end.

Well done CDT.

The Hack
22-08-2011, 00:27
:cheeky:
It was a very good display from Tenerife our keeper only had to make one save and that was a good one.

Everyone was buzzing team, fans everyone.....loved the huge cheer at the end.

Well done CDT.

Thanks for that. Great to hear it.

bonitatime
22-08-2011, 13:31
Good start then. Don't know any details, but 3-0 looks impressive. Here's to the next one.

http://tenerifetime.blogspot.com/2011/08/3-0-win-against-vecindario.html?m=1
This was the game every fan wants to start the season. A 3-0 clear win, with goals from three different players. After the trials of last year this was a fresh start. The sun shone, the team had managed to organise an afternoon game and as the players came out onto the field there was a feeling that something special was going to happen.
In the first half Vecindario defended well, not letting Tenerife reach the goal. But after the break the black and green team seemed to relax and two goals in six minutes were the result. Victor Bravo was the first goal scorer with a pass from Perona. The ex Oviedo player then shot the second goal giving the team a bread advantage. The third goal came 30 minutes later with a pass by Ferran Tacon to Nico who has not long been substituted onto the field.. The players celebrated each goal together and seemed content as a group. Vecindario played well but they weren't at CD Tenerife's level.
Coach Calderon stated after the game that “although the game was hard the players controlled the ball”, he rated the game as good but more than that he commented he was pleased how the squad were with each other.
The players interviewed after the game were Victor Bravo and Abel. Victor was please the crown had enjoyed the game and hoped that he “scored more goals”. Abel who played fro the fist time in the Heliodoro said “This was a good result for a game that is like a derby”.
The team is training today Monday, and is off tomorrow. CD Tenerife are third in the table with La Roda and Lugo ahead of them on goal difference.

Game Notes

CD TENERIFE 3 (0)
UD VECINDARIO 0 (0)
CD TENERIFE
Sergio Aragones; Cristóbal, David Medina, Tarantino, Jonay; Marcos Rodríguez, Abel (Álvaro Zazo, 63’); Ferrán Tacón, Perona, Víctor Bravo (Nico, 60’); & Kiko Ratón (Germán, 82’).
UD VECINDARIO
Santi Hidalgo; David Simón, Badayco, Edu, Fran; Michel (Moisés, 60’), Rubén Coméndez, Yeray López (Derek, 70’), Rubén Quesada; Óscar (Roberto Sánchez, 73’); & Ruymán.
REFEREE
David Jiménez Moreno, from Castilla-La Mancha. Yellow card for visitor Yeary López.
GOALS
1-0: (47’) Víctor Bravo, from a pass by Perona. 2-0: (51’) Perona, with a shot at goal. 3-0: (81’) Nico, knocked gently into the goal.
INCIDENTS
Played in the Heliodoro Rodríguez López. The grass was in good condition. On a warm and sunny afternoon. With 8.206 spectators. Santi Hidalgo wore the 13, which is Yan Luis shirt , as the first kit was the same as Sergio Aragoneses.

SILENCIOMATT
22-08-2011, 13:32
its great to see the smiles back on here after a very difficult time. Really pleased for all of you who live over there and religiously follow us week in week out!! well done. Really looking forward to seeing us play twice in december when were over there for our December break starting with Athletico B first weekend of the month.

gazza
22-08-2011, 14:17
Photos from the 1st home game here (http://www.garyhill-photography.com/#/cdt-v-vecindario/4554503978)

Fred Perry
22-08-2011, 14:55
Armada Sur & Frente yesterday in the hot hot sun.

http://i56.tinypic.com/fp4efk.jpg

Added after 9 Hours 3 minutes:

http://i52.tinypic.com/oucx12.jpg

Roscoe
23-08-2011, 12:42
Big apols but we had a few 'gremlins' this Sunday and were unable to broadcast the match live on Oasis Fm.

But rest assured we will be back with a bang for the next home match in 11 days time!

I hope that makes you smile a little Henry...

Oh and with Luna joining Real Murcia we now need a senior centre back to join the much needed striker before the transfer window closes. And a new captain as well.... grrrr.

KirstyJay
23-08-2011, 12:47
But rest assured we will be back with a bang for the next home match in 11 days time!I expect birthday wishes broadcast live on air ;) :D

Davie Thistle
23-08-2011, 13:17
.great result CDT!

:jumping: