PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a transfer from Tenerife south airport to Las Americas.

Bazz
04-08-2011, 14:31
We usually get a taxi which is around 25 euro to Las Americas.
Does anybody know anything about www.tenerifetransport.com - I went to have a look at their website and there was absolutely no information except to e-mail 'Tony'. :thanx:
Also Travel Republic are quoting £8.44 for 2 people from the airport to Las Americas. The thing is can you rely on these people picking you up after you've parted with your hard-earned cash? :spin:

anto3
04-08-2011, 14:42
Seems very cheap for 2. I would double check that. How do you book and will you put a link on that as i have to travel to the airport at 4 in the morning

Bazz
04-08-2011, 14:58
http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/AirportTransfers/apDetails.aspx

This is for a transfer at lunchtime, I'm sure at 4am it wouldn't be the same price!

Tinkabel
04-08-2011, 15:04
http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/AirportTransfers/apDetails.aspx

This is for a transfer at lunchtime, I'm sure at 4am it wouldn't be the same price!

I've never used Travel Republic for transfers but i have used them for holidays several times and found them and their prices excellent.

AL JAY
04-08-2011, 15:12
I have used Travel Republic many times, In fact they have just opened new offices in mainland Spain,they are an online travel agent based in the South of England, They use Viajes Urbis for the cheap option and you go to their office at TFS and you are directed to a coach, They also use ResortHoppa which is usually a mini-bus and they also use Taxis. Having said all that i just prefer to jump in a taxi otherwise you could be on the coach for 2 hours depending on where you stay,so if you don't mind having a tour of GDS then Los Cris then onto PDLA the cheap option is ok.

bonitatime
04-08-2011, 15:21
Think about times too as they are apt to pick you up very early to combine transfers

Bazz
04-08-2011, 15:35
Thanks peeps.
I'll probably just stick with a taxi then. :laugh: :agree:

k-pipe
04-08-2011, 16:11
We use Travel Republic for all our bookings plus flights and transfers, very reliable and resonable, we are looking for somewhere to stay on a regular basis, we will still use TR for flights and transfers. Keith

anto3
04-08-2011, 16:16
Can you book just tranfers without flights

AL JAY
04-08-2011, 16:22
Can you book just tranfers without flights

Im not sure, good question though, here is a link to their website

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/

anto3
04-08-2011, 21:51
Just went to book. yes they do tranfer only, very cheap. but could book one way coming into tenerife, but have problem booking one way going out. they assume everyone going the other way.

AL JAY
04-08-2011, 21:58
You maybe better giving them a call anto! Normally the transfer is both ways and they send you an email to print off so you can phone whichever option you chose whilst in Tenerife for confirming the return journey to TFS.

tfs1
05-08-2015, 10:54
Just booked TFS to Los Cristianos (one way) for November this year, for 2 people, using Resporthoppa.ES site, with promo code, paying by Paypal and it cost £4.24 !

From amount £4.24 GBP
To amount €5.81 EUR
Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 1.37287EUR

blondie
05-08-2015, 13:33
We usually get a taxi which is around 25 euro to Las Americas.
Does anybody know anything about www.tenerifetransport.com - I went to have a look at their website and there was absolutely no information except to e-mail 'Tony'. :thanx:
Also Travel Republic are quoting £8.44 for 2 people from the airport to Las Americas. The thing is can you rely on these people picking you up after you've parted with your hard-earned cash? :spin:

Bazz , much better just to get a taxi , they are practically at the door and never ever had to wait for one . When we used transfers we sat on the coach for an hour , when I asked why , we were told they were waiting for another plane coming in !!! The one time before that we were going to Las Americas but we went to Golf Del Sur TWICE . So for us , never again with any transfers even when they are free with a package we still don't take them, can add two hours onto your journey to your hotel or apt .

Angusjim
05-08-2015, 13:43
Bazz , much better just to get a taxi , they are practically at the door and never ever had to wait for one . When we used transfers we sat on the coach for an hour , when I asked why , we were told they were waiting for another plane coming in !!! The one time before that we were going to Las Americas but we went to Golf Del Sur TWICE . So for us , never again with any transfers even when they are free with a package we still don't take them, can add two hours onto your journey to your hotel or apt .

Think Bazz will be sorted by now post was made 2011:laugh::laugh:

tfs1
05-08-2015, 16:19
Think Bazz will be sorted by now post was made 2011:laugh::laugh:

Wasn't too sure where to advertise/post my 'good deal' so plonked it in the 2011 'last post'.

I agree about sometimes you take an age if you are the first to arrive and it's a full coach.

The last time we used Resorthoppa at about the same cost we arrived on a flight to TFS from the mainland around midnight as expcted and we were the only ones to be transported - we had our own 'name' board as we went through arrivals and off we went in a taxi direct to our apartment.

blondie
05-08-2015, 18:09
Wasn't too sure where to advertise/post my 'good deal' so plonked it in the 2011 'last post'.

I agree about sometimes you take an age if you are the first to arrive and it's a full coach.

The last time we used Resorthoppa at about the same cost we arrived on a flight to TFS from the mainland around midnight as expcted and we were the only ones to be transported - we had our own 'name' board as we went through arrivals and off we went in a taxi direct to our apartment.

OMG thanks for that , what an eejit , that will teach me to look at when comments were posted :laugh:

Sidders
10-08-2015, 18:02
Taxi - out the airport and @ the hotel within 10 mins no faffing about. 25 euros each way from TFS to Las Americas. Cant be doing with going on a hotel tour at the start/end of my hols.

Bazz
10-09-2015, 17:12

Don't worry blondie - you were just having a 'blonde moment' LOL