PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie saying 'Hi' on the Tenerife Forum!

writerchelle
04-08-2011, 15:48
Hello!!! My name's Michelle and I just wanted to say hi to everyone before I pop off and have a browse around the forum. I've only just joined, but I hope it's going to be a regular hang out for me and a place to just chill out and chat/read about a place that will always be my second home - the island of Tenerife.
Me and my husband lived there for 2 years from 2004-2006 but before that we spent many a holiday on the island, and we still have our apartment in Torviscas so are still regular visitors.
Anyway, a little bit about me. I'm about to turn 43, I'm a very proud Geordie, and I've just ventured into the world of eBook self-publishing by becoming an independent author, because for all my life my ultimate dream was to write books. I'd written 3 novels over the past few years but had no luck finding an agent or publisher so I decided to go it alone and self-publish my books myself as eBooks on Amazon! So that's what I'm currently doing. And my latest book, a fun, romantic comedy called 'Too Much Trouble in Paradise', is set mainly on Tenerife, and was a whole lot of fun to write!
Trying to find time to get started on 2 new books, but right now I'm in the process of doing what has become very necessary to me at the minute - marketing my books, because self-publishing also means self-marketing and that is proving to be a WHOLE new experience for me!!
So, I just wanted to say hi, and I hope to get to chat with a few of you very soon!! :)

slodgedad
04-08-2011, 15:50
Hi, and a warm welcome to the Tenerife Forum.

Hope you enjoy it as much as me.

:typing::typing:

AL JAY
04-08-2011, 17:11
Welcome to the forum Michelle :reading::tiphat:

Sal
04-08-2011, 17:27
:welcome:

Nice to have you on the forum. :wave:

captain jack sparrow
04-08-2011, 17:40
:welcome: chelle.

blue marlin
04-08-2011, 18:32
Just reading your chapters on your blog thingie its great are your characters based on real people as one or two sound familiar
now wish i had a kindle thing

Welcome by the way :)

Harmonicaman
04-08-2011, 18:36
Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum and best of luck with the book venture.:wave:

sunspot
04-08-2011, 18:39
Hello and a very warm welcome from me too, very nice introduction

delgirl
04-08-2011, 18:43
hi welcome to the forum and good luck with your books

Cruise
04-08-2011, 18:45
Welcome to the great information and some great laughs...Enjoy

writerchelle
05-08-2011, 13:36
Just reading your chapters on your blog thingie its great are your characters based on real people as one or two sound familiar
now wish i had a kindle thing

Welcome by the way :)

Thank you! Most (but not all) of the characters I write about in all my books are based on real people, yes, but with a lot of added imagination from me!! ;) Makes it more fun that way!! Oh, and you don't have to have a Kindle to read eBooks - there's a free Kindle app for PC's, and also for iPhones/iPads/Smartphones etc. If you want to know more about that drop me a PM (not sure about policy on posting links on this site) and I can give you all the info. :)

Also started this thread http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7676-My-new-eBook-now-%28self%29-published! which gives a bit more info about me and my books.

And I just want to say a HUGE thank you for all the warm and lovely welcomes. I'm not just on here to talk about my books (I just thought I'd mention 'Too Much Trouble in Paradise' because it's based mainly on Tenerife), I miss being part of a friendly forum, and I need somewhere to escape to when I'm sick of writing/researching/blogging....

So thank you to everyone again. And I hope to speak to a lot of you very soon! :thanx: