PDA

View Full Version : My new eBook now (self) published!

writerchelle
04-08-2011, 16:49
Well, after almost 2 years of writing seriously, and trying and trying to find an agent/publisher through the conventional methods without any success (new writers a are just too much of a risk at the moment, in this current climate) I decided not to give up on my dream of being an author, and go the self-publishing route via Amazon, and publish my books as eBooks.

I self-published my first novel, a glamourous and sexy romantic saga called 'No Matter What' at the end of May, but my second book - 'Too Much Trouble in Paradise' - was a departure from my first book, which was more of a Jackie Collins-inspired tale of movie stars and Hollywood. 'Too Much Trouble...' is more of a chick lit inspired comedy romance - set mainly on the island of Tenerife!

Having lived in Tenerife for a while I used some of my knowledge and experiences of the island in the book, turning it into what I hope is a funny, lighthearted romantic comedy about new beginnings, second chances, sun, sea - and darts!

Writing is my dream, and I'm so happy to be able to do it full time now, but self-publishing also means self-marketing and the fact I have to sell not only my books but also myself as an author is something quite alien to me, but I'm learning very quickly! I've now got blogs, a website in progress, and a new book blog (an on-line novel people can read for free!) on the go, all in an attempt to get people to know my name - and my books! It's exhausting!

But, in the meantime, I'm just happy that in some small way my dream is finally starting to happen, and Amazon is helping a lot of authors like me who wouldn't normally have had the chance to get their books out there by giving us the opportunity to actually let people read our work. For a very reasonable price!!

Anyway, I just wanted people to know that my books are out there, and if anyone fancies a good read, wants to know more about me or my books, or how to read eBooks even if you don't own a Kindle, please feel free to message me and I can tell you anything you want to know! Because I'm not sure whether I can post links on here. Oh, and I write under the name of Michelle Betham. Google me - loads comes up now!! :laugh:

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you do decide to check out any of my books, I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. And if you want any more info, please just PM me.
:)

JC24
04-08-2011, 16:52
Congrats Michelle, from one writer to another. Will download on Kindle. Good luck with the marketing.
Joe

writerchelle
05-08-2011, 13:25
Thanks Joe. :) What kind of stuff do you write? Good to meet another writer here, I seem to only meet other authors on Twitter these days!! And that place can be such a distraction sometimes!!

tonythorne
06-08-2011, 07:46
Greetings from another writer, regularly here in Tenerife. There's a lot more about me and my output on my website...

Best wishes, and never ever give up...!

JC24
06-08-2011, 09:06
Hi Michelle
Not sure why my previous response hasn't been approved but I'll try again... I'm a travel writer by trade, working with most of the UK nationals like The Sunday Times, Independent, Express etc. I also wrote More Ketchup than Salsa, a humorous account of running a bar in Tenerife. You can see more at joecawley . co . uk

Loaded
06-08-2011, 11:06
And a great book it was too!

warmwind
06-08-2011, 14:22
More ketchup than Salsa is a fabulous book, very funny. I don't often read books twice except maybe for Ben Elton or Paul Auster, but it was great reading JC24's book again, especially once I had been living in Tenerife for a while. Hope you write another one JC24 :)

Good luck with your book Writerchelle..

tonythorne
06-08-2011, 15:36
Hi Joe

Maybe this winter we will finally be able to meet up for a chat? Meanwhile, Cheers from... Tony

JC24
06-08-2011, 15:38
Thanks Warmwind, currently working on another.

warmwind
06-08-2011, 15:53
Thanks Warmwind, currently working on another.

Good look forward to it :)

Writerchelle can you not put a link to your ebook ?

admin
06-08-2011, 16:14
Good look forward to it :)

Writerchelle can you not put a link to your ebook ?A better idea would be to put a link in her signature, then it will be visible in all her posts :)

slodgedad
06-08-2011, 22:33
A better idea would be to put a link in her signature, then it will be visible in all her posts :)As one or two of you have noticed I have edited personal links from your posts as it is against T&Cs.

Signature links are not only beneficial to you but recommended.

(When the link is in your signature, every time you post it's there)

writerchelle
07-08-2011, 12:43
First of all can I just say that I thoroughly enjoyed 'More Ketchup than Salsa'! I read it during our first week in the UK after moving back there from Tenerife and it really cheered me up! I loved it! Glad to hear you're working on another book Joe. I look forward to it. :)

And can I thank everyone who's said hi and wished me luck, and given me advice about putting links to my books in my signature. I wasn't aware I could do that, so thank you. :) I've now done it, and hope it helps me gain a few more readers, or at least gives people the chance to check me out. You can actually receive the first few pages of all books on Amazon for free so that you can, to all intents and purposes, try before you buy!

I'm now popping off to do a bit more work on my-soon-to-be-published third book..still needs a bit of editing done on it so I'd better get cracking with that...

strss
08-08-2011, 10:14
Its been a long time to excel while reading the same calibre of articles and find quite impressive.