PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife writers' club

tonythorne
04-08-2011, 17:32
Hi all

You may remember me from the old Forum ... Tony Thorne etc. etc. the SF, Fantasy, and Macabre Tales writer. It seems we have several authors on the island now, and no doubt there will be more, thanks to Amazon and eBooks. Let`s use this thread for our latest news? :welcome:

KirstyJay
11-10-2011, 12:11
You could also set up a writers' group : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/group.php

tonythorne
16-03-2012, 12:06
Writer's Chat Time ..!

Russian and South Korean scientists signed a deal on Tuesday on joint research intended to recreate a woolly mammoth, an animal which last walked the earth some 10,000 years ago.

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/6...-clone-mammoth

This is precisely the subject of the story LARGER THAN LIFE in volume 2 of my TALL TENERIFE TALES trilogy... i.e. MORE TENERIFE TALL TALES.

World... you have been warned..!

www.tonythorne.com

bardofely
16-03-2012, 12:47
I am a writer so have just joined the group!

tonythorne
30-03-2012, 12:30
:crazy: I'm delighted to (modestly) mention that I have just received an EMail from a Californian publisher, as follows, regarding my first novel, POINTS OF VIEW which has been edited and proofed for the Young Adults and General Readers market.

Dear Tony,
Your YA high tech sf / spy thriller is accepted for publication by Eternal Press.

I've attached the Author Formatting Guidelines. You'll be receiving an email from our Senior Editor with a Contract and an Author Information Sheet.

Congratulations!

Erin Lale, Acquisitions Editor
Eternal Press

http://www.eternal press.com

Added after 9 minutes:

Sorry folks... that link should be http://www.eternalpress.com

tonythorne
30-08-2012, 13:46
I'm modestly proud to mention that I now have over twenty books of short stories published, and a couple of them award winning. However, my first novel was published this month by Eternal Press in the USA, entitled, POINTS OF VIEW. It concerns a blind young Londoner who acquires nanotronic eyes with superhuman abilities. After training, he is appointed as assistant to an extrovert government secret agent. The action thereafter takes place in and around London and on our magical island of Tenerife.
Note: First reviews are glowing. I'm part way into a first sequel, so I'm dreaming that my hero will do a Harry Potter for me..
:jumping:
Yes, today is my birthday so there's a free eBook, of any one of my titles, to anyone interested. Just select the title you want from the homepage display on my website and send it to me by eMail, saying which format you want, i.e. .pdf, .epub, or .mobi. (Kindle): tonythorne@aol.com Put "Free eBook" as the Subject.
My website is: www.tonythorne.com
Okay... over to you!

tonythorne
26-09-2012, 12:39
Hi all
My first speculative novel, POINTS OF VIEW, is now out from Amazon etc. as a Kindle book and a paperback. Other versions are also available. It's about a blind young London who acquires artificial eyes, with superhuman abilities. The price he must pay is to become an apprentice secret agent... which leads him into all kinds of adventures and hazards, and cause his intelligent nanotronic eyes to develop something new when he needs it.
If anyone would care to review it, I can eMail attach a free .pdf version to you directly, if you eMail me to tonythorne@aol.com
- It's published by Eternal Press, of Santa Rosa, California, and the reviews in so far are excellent...even glowing.."
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Points-View-Tony-Thorne/dp/1615727337/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1348659745&sr=1-1
Finally, for now, my publisher wants a sequel and I'm just over half way into it..!

tonythorne
01-12-2012, 14:20
4219 4220 4221

Winter resident Tony Thorne MBE´s three collections of speculative stories, set in and around the magical Spanish island of Tenerife, are now complete and available. The first, award winning, English language book was published in the USA by Whortleberry Press, and now in Europe by Etcetera Press. English paperback and eBook copies of all three volumes are available now from Amazon, and most other outlets.

INTRODUCTION by Harry Harrison: “Tony Thorne has the mind of a scientist and the soul of an artist. His science and technology are correct, his extrapolations wonderful and ingenious. But then – surprise! A blackness may descend – or a brilliant flash of black humour. Read and enjoy…” Harry Harrison, the legendary American author of more than 20 novels, several film scripts, and many collections of short stories. His books have been translated into over 30 languages.

Tony Thorne‘s first volume in his TENERIFE TALL TALES trilogy, won a New York `Best Read on the Beach´ Festival Contest in the Speculative Fiction category. Review copies of all three volumes in the series are now available directly from the author via his website.

“An exotic island, one of the Canary Islands, Tenerife certainly seems like an appropriate place for adventure. And when a scientific design engineer with a taste for Science Fiction decides to set his speculative tall tales there amazing adventures do, indeed, ensue. Set, for the most part, in the near future, the tales use very believable twists on emergent technology, sometimes ours and sometimes possibly from some other place entirely. What Thorne creates in Tenerife is a world where the reader never knows what to expect under the sea, in caves, on the land and in the air. The island becomes, in various tales, a land where animals act as intelligently as humans, where attempts to handle environmental issues have very unexpected results, where exotic locations and experimental science create sometimes dark, sometimes humorous, and always amazing and utterly intriguing results. Tony Thorne's grasp of the science that looms just over the horizon and his love for Science Fiction come together, in these stories, to create speculative fiction of the very best kind.”- by Rhetta Akamatsu, Author and Reviewer, USA.

For a special Christmas offer, Email: tonythorne@aol.com

tonythorne
06-12-2012, 15:07
Anyone interested in writing and promoting their own book, I can help. Have a look at my website first... www.tonythorne.com

tonythorne
29-09-2013, 08:26
Amazon is now featuring my latest novel in the Points of View series. I'll send anyone a free copy (.pdf format) if they'll kindly let me have a few words, or especially a full review, after reading it.