PDA

View Full Version : Tatoos. Don't ya just luv em? No!

rosemary
04-08-2011, 20:05
Well since I have come to live on this island a few months ago I have seen almost every variation on the tatoo brigade I think I could ever imagine and I still cannot "get it", or rather see it. Sorry to all you guys and gals who have them but I cannot help thinking ...is it cos youīre bored? I have seen a virtual complete body coverage today that has turned a white man almost black. And the thought then occurred to me...what now? Now that he is completely covered does he then start on the wife or girlfriend, or the children? The dog? (Shave it first I guess). Even a delicate butterfly or a mysterious ethnic cultish sign somewhere not so noticeble, sorry, cannot see the point.

And please, if you can, someone try to convince me it is:
a) appealing
b) sexy ???? I donīt think so.
c) powerful ??
d) ????

Honestly to me some of them simply look deeply threatening and scary and downright ugly and even dirty. Is it simply down to taste? I still say itīs a power game and itīs driven by boredom.

slodgedad
04-08-2011, 20:07
Why not add a poll?

rosemary
04-08-2011, 20:11
Would but donīt know how....and I canīt spell either. Google says itīs Tattoo. Take yer pick.

9PLUS
04-08-2011, 20:15
Take a little time to understand

Life will be that much easier

x

christa
04-08-2011, 20:17
I guess its a personal thing. I also think they can be addictive!

I don't personally find them offensive, if people choose to decorate their bodies, so be it. Certainly no more offensive to me than say...... socks n sandals? lol.

Its so common nowadays, its rare to see unmarked skin!!!

Harmonicaman
04-08-2011, 20:17
Best tattoo in the world...Edinburgh:)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/DT_4728525.jpg

rosemary
04-08-2011, 20:22

Ah yes! Now that IS a great sight!

Leam_Lin
04-08-2011, 20:23

Pubs near the castle in the closes are excellent for the banter & drinks.

henry
04-08-2011, 20:27
the only tattoo will ever touch my skin. is only will last a few days. you know the ones. in cheetos chips now for little kids. you wet it and peel it off and last a few days. i know i know iīm a BIG kid at heart love my cheetos and doritos..

rosemary
04-08-2011, 20:30
Take a little time to understand

Life will be that much easier

x

But understand what exactly??!!

Zara
04-08-2011, 20:30
I think those who have them would say it is a form of self-expression. IMO I think once they have had one it becomes addictive.

Some are very clever and the artwork is excellent 943 but then some just donīt know when to stop.

LeFrunk
04-08-2011, 20:36
I have a large Che on my back and i took my time to get it . I thought about it for years and then seen the work of the tattoist at Veronicas . I asked to see his certs from the council for health and so on , it is a work of art .

Zara
04-08-2011, 20:44
While I hate them, I appreciate the artwork, my daughter has several, but I'm a wimp so could never in a million imagine going through the pain and then wanting to change - it's not like painting the living room is it?

Tinkabel
04-08-2011, 20:50
I love the artwork on some of them they're incredible, I just can't get it out of my head how ugly they'll look when the skin becomes old and wrinkly!!! I suppose at least everyone will be in the same boat. Not for me though i'm afraid.

tizzywizzy
04-08-2011, 20:56
Some of the art work is very good but no i would never have any. It is not only in Tenerife that you will see them.

slodgedad
04-08-2011, 20:56
I asked my Dad if I could have one when I was 17 as you had to have parental consent back then.

He refused so I went to a hooky one. I have one blue dot on my wrist cos I chickened out, and am I glad I did.

I have so many contempories that wish they were as lily livered as I was.

Harmonicaman
04-08-2011, 21:08
I asked my Dad if I could have one when I was 17 as you had to have parental consent back then.

He refused so I went to a hooky one. I have one blue dot on my wrist cos I chickened out, and am I glad I did.

I have so many contempories that wish they were as lily livered as I was.

I'm more lily-livered than you... I don't have a blue dot!:raspberry2:

Cookey
04-08-2011, 21:10
I have a couple of little tatoos but for me they represent different phases in my life......one being a New Zealand symbol that means New beginnings, after i traveled round NZ but now I would like one that reminds me of my time in Tenerife and at the moment Iīm looking to get a couple of lines from a spanish poem done.

But I like to have my tatoos where they are not in an exposed position can choose to show them or not.

Zara
04-08-2011, 21:11
Before 947

and after 946

Sal
04-08-2011, 21:17
I also think it's a matter of personal choice.

I have three tattoos and agree they are addictive!

christa
04-08-2011, 21:21
Before 947

and after 946

Still can't see anything wrong with either of these pictures of people expressing themselves in this way.

I love the second picture, she looks full of fun andd character!

9PLUS
04-08-2011, 21:24
But understand what exactly??!!

Understand why

Harmonicaman
04-08-2011, 21:29
Understand why

who, where, what, why, which, when...whatever:raspberry2:

Zara
04-08-2011, 21:43
Still can't see anything wrong with either of these pictures of people expressing themselves in this way.

I love the second picture, she looks full of fun andd character!

While I donīt like them, and wouldnīt encourage anyone to have one, I think many people think of them in the here and now and forget that they will get old, their skin will stretch, colours fade, and IMO will be anything but attractive however well done they were. But it is each to their own, I have some habits others may not like (I smoke) but it is my choice so live and let live. I am only giving my opinion, and would never condemn anyone because of what they do to themselves - its the person underneath that matters.

christa
04-08-2011, 21:50
While I donīt like them, and wouldnīt encourage anyone to have one, I think many people think of them in the here and now and forget that they will get old, their skin will stretch, colours fade, and IMO will be anything but attractive however well done they were. But it is each to their own, I have some habits others may not like (I smoke) but it is my choice so live and let live. I am only giving my opinion, and would never condemn anyone because of what they do to themselves - its the person underneath that matters.

Couldn't agree more Zara, each to their own.... live and let live....etc.I wouldn't encourage anyone to have one either if they dislike them. Maybe it's harder for some people to have to see them on others, than actually wear them themselves.

9PLUS
04-08-2011, 21:55
I think many people think of them in the here and now and forget that they will get old, .

When these 20 - 35 year olds that are getting their whole body or a sleeve type thing done get to 70 - 80 years old it will be as normal to have Tattoos as it was to have had them.

I guess whilst it isn't the rage yet on Coronation street people still think of Tattoos as a Jail bird thing.

Just another form of Art

rosemary
04-08-2011, 21:59

But isnīt that what I meant..that the person underneath knows no better way of coming through? I think its a bit sad. And in some extreme cases rather worrying. Itīs so "in your face".
If itīs for love of the artwork why not go to an art gallery and support a good new young artist and buy a painting and hang it on your wall.. Instead of which the ego wants to walk around letting it all hang out so to speak. And the pain! Bit suspect I think. Just my opinion guys.

Apollo
04-08-2011, 22:20
Not read all of the posts.....actually, only read the first 2 and seen a couple of pics, but speaking from my own experience...my husband has tattoos and he likes them.
He didnt get them to make a point, he didnt get them to look "hard", he didnt get them cos he was bored (in fact the last one he had done took months of planning and saving up).
Bit narrowminded IMO.
OK, Im not a big fan of tats on girls, unless they are nice ones and not in "rough" places, but to put a list of A to D points based on your own opinion seems a little bit one sided.
Aaaaanyway...my point made

Jackie
04-08-2011, 22:30
Personally I don't think people that have tattoos have no better way of coming through at all. I think they are strong and confident within themselves to be able to carry them off and really not care what others think about them. As with many things in life it is a personal choice so who are we to judge.

dede
04-08-2011, 22:34
I have a tattoo but to be honest i never really think about it as its on my back and i cant see it unless i look in the mirror, so i tend to forget about it until someone mentions it that is.

Harmonicaman
04-08-2011, 22:39
I have a tattoo but to be honest i never really think about it as its on my back and i cant see it unless i look in the mirror, so i tend to forget about it until someone mentions it that is.

If it's a vampire you won't see it in the mirror...

carpenter
04-08-2011, 22:48
Rosemary, You haven't a clue have you?
Tats, Tattoos, tat2's whatever they are, art, ink, statements, culture or experiences it's got nothing to do with you.
It's not your place to decide the wrongs or rights of them. It's not anyone's place
You can't compare a tattoo to a painting or a sculpture, if someone wants to express love through a tattoo then let them, if they regret it later in life then so what.
Everyone who has a tattoo has one for (I hope) a different reason. Some of a lost child, a favorite pet, something symbolic and relevant to then at that time.
Mine are none of these, mine are just because.
BUT LET ME TELL YOU THAT I DIDN'T JUST FALL INTO THE NEAREST STUDIO. I SAVED I THOUGHT AND I TRAVELED TO THE BEST TATTOO STUDIO IN EUROPE. Where their artwork has won more prices and acclaim than Van Gogh did when he was alive.
Mine are private, mine are very large, mine are quite demonic and macabre, mine are for me and not for anyone else

rosemary
04-08-2011, 22:51
[QUOTE=carpenter;74940]Rosemary, You haven't a clue have you?
Tats, Tattoos, tat2's whatever they are, art, ink, statements, culture or experiences it's got nothing to do with you.
It's not your place to decide the wrongs or rights of them. It's not anyone's place
You can't compare a tattoo to a painting or a sculpture, if someone wants to express love through a tattoo then let them, if they regret it later in life then so what.
Everyone who has a tattoo has one for (I hope) a different reason. Some of a lost child, a favorite pet, something symbolic and relevant to then at that time.
BUT LET ME TELL YOU THAT I DIDN'T JUST FALL INTO THE NEAREST STUDIO. I SAVED I THOUGHT AND I TRAVELED TO THE BEST TATTOO STUDIO IN EUROPE. Where their artwork has won more prices and acclaim than Van Gogh did when he was alive.
Mine are private, mine are very large, mine are quite demonic and macabre, mine are for me and not for anyone else[/QUOTE

"Not for anyone else"? Yet you are a walking art gallery?]

Harmonicaman
04-08-2011, 22:51
Mine are private, mine are very large, mine are quite demonic and macabre, mine are for me and not for anyone else

Have you got any on your builder's bum?:cheeky:

9PLUS
04-08-2011, 22:56

Word up brudda dont pull any punches

howard thornton
04-08-2011, 22:56
Have you got any on your builder's bum?:cheeky: two w's maybe, or b's

dokgolf
04-08-2011, 23:02
Pubs near the castle in the closes are excellent for the banter & drinks.

Had many good nights in Deacon Brodies and The Three Sisters.

With regards to tattoos, some I like, others I just can't see the point. I would love to get my kids names done in the Ogham language but I am apprehensive about the pain. Some people say that it doesn't bother them too much while others say its agony.

Added after 5 minutes:

A little strong maybe? Rosemary was just voicing an opinion!

Apollo
04-08-2011, 23:28
"Not for anyone else"? Yet you are a walking art gallery?]

Big money in Art Galleries, so I hope so!!! :D
Rosemary, my dear, you need to side step off your little soap box, my wee dear, and realise that not everone in the world is the same as you.
And thank the God, Spaghetti Monster, Allah, Crazy man who stomps on you in your sleep...... for it.
For if they were the world would be a very boring, dull place where everone looked and thought the same.
How dull.

If someone wants to ink themselves then so be it. It is there perogative. Do you have pierced ears? Does anyone you know? Frightfull things.

Go and grab a G&T and live and let live.

rosemary
04-08-2011, 23:29
If people want to have tattoos, demonic, macabre, large, small, painfully inscribed all over their bodies, thatīs perfectly fine by me. What I find offensive are those who are not content to keep these creations to themselves but seem to have a need to display it to others - especially in sunny Tenerife! rolleyes2:

Apollo
04-08-2011, 23:30
A little strong maybe? Rosemary was just voicing an opinion!

Actually it was an entire thread dedicated to trampling on other peoples personal tastes. And so, what Carpenter did was say his side.
What a boring day Rosemary has had if the only thing she can find to do on an evening is whinge about someones interests.

rosemary
04-08-2011, 23:34
Big money in Art Galleries, so I hope so!!! :D
Rosemary, my dear, you need to side step off your little soap box, my wee dear, and realise that not everone in the world is the same as you.
And thank the God, Spaghetti Monster, Allah, Crazy man who stomps on you in your sleep...... for it.
For if they were the world would be a very boring, dull place where everone looked and thought the same.
How dull.

If someone wants to ink themselves then so be it. It is there perogative. Do you have pierced ears? Does anyone you know? Frightfull things.

Go and grab a G&T and live and let live.

You are absolutely right. I will now step pff this soapbox. I guess I just get very depressed by it all sometimes. Night all.:sleeping:

carpenter
04-08-2011, 23:34
If people want to have tattoos, demonic, macabre, large, small, painfully inscribed all over their bodies, thatīs perfectly fine by me. What I find offensive are those who are not content to keep these creations to themselves but seem to have a need to display it to others - especially in sunny Tenerife! rolleyes2:

If that is the case, can all women over the age of 65 refrain from wearing bikinis or, worse still, just bikini bottoms because we don't want to see that either

Zara
04-08-2011, 23:38

You can always look the other way :idea:

9PLUS
04-08-2011, 23:51
So the problems isn't Tattoos it's ones acceptance of them

These may help you http://www.samaritans.org/

cheers

x

karinagal
05-08-2011, 00:24
I have three very small, almost minuscule tattoos - they are little dots on my right breast and were markers for the radiotherapy I had after my breast cancer.....!

---
- Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Added after 13 minutes:

On a lighter note (ahem) my daughter has promised to pay for my first proper tattoo for my 50th birthday!! Still deciding what to get.... I was toying with the idea of getting DNR tattoed on my chest!!!!

(only kidding!)

I'll probably get my avatar done - preferably with angel wings to represent the girls I've ridden with in the past who have since lost their fight with cancer.

Watch this space....!

:p :p :p

---

SuzyQ
05-08-2011, 00:44
Im far too squeamish to get one, and to be honest theyre not really my thing. I personally think they only look good on the young, thin and gorgeous of which i am neither (well ok, maybe the gorgeous one!!! :D)
but fair play, each to their own. Wouldnt let others choices get me down...

slodgedad
05-08-2011, 00:50
Im far too squeamish to get one, and to be honest theyre not really my thing. I personally think they only look good on the young, thin and gorgeous of which i am neither (well ok, maybe the gorgeous one!!! :D)
but fair play, each to their own. Wouldnt let others choices get me down...

The problem is though, Sue is that most people when they get 'em are young, thin and gorgeous and they look OK.

Further down the line, when the wrinkles kick in, it's a whole nother story.(Excuse the Americanism)

carpenter
05-08-2011, 01:36
The problem is though, Sue is that most people when they get 'em are young, thin and gorgeous and they look OK.

Further down the line, when the wrinkles kick in, it's a whole nother story.(Excuse the Americanism)

Problem? do you even know what a problem is?????
The famine in Somlia, racial prejudice, homophobia, cancer, child neglect. Jesus where to stop.
One thing that isn't a problem is human choice!
That's what makes life interesting, that's what makes us different. I am definitely not the one to listen to here but nor are you.
Small minded people............................................ ..................

Apologise to anyone who may take have taken offence to my posts but this thread in the whole is very insulting. I don't feel that the OP or anyone else has the right to raise this topic. Tattoos are personal and most are kept that way. The same as your opinions should be.

Jackie
05-08-2011, 08:05
I have three very small, almost minuscule tattoos - they are little dots on my right breast and were markers for the radiotherapy I had after my breast cancer.....!

---

Added after 13 minutes:

On a lighter note (ahem) my daughter has promised to pay for my first proper tattoo for my 50th birthday!! Still deciding what to get.... I was toying with the idea of getting DNR tattoed on my chest!!!!

(only kidding!)

I'll probably get my avatar done - preferably with angel wings to represent the girls I've ridden with in the past who have since lost their fight with cancer.

Watch this space....!

:p :p :p

---

Karinagal you and I have both been in the same position so a tattoo that represents as you say, 'girls that have lost the battle' is something very personal to you and with a very poignant meaning. I am a survivor of 19 years, and at the age of 52 I am still contemplating having just a simple butterfly tattoo to represent 'New Life' as that is what I was given. To most people they will not see the meaning behind it as they won't with yours but will no doubt criticize us oldies for having them anyway....

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 08:11
If that is the case, can all women over the age of 65 refrain from wearing bikinis or, worse still, just bikini bottoms because we don't want to see that either

Could we also include pony tails on men from the 60's/70's, with receding hairlines - just a thought! :)

cheery
05-08-2011, 08:53
Apologise to anyone who may take have taken offence to my posts but this thread in the whole is very insulting. I don't feel that the OP or anyone else has the right to raise this topic. Tattoos are personal and most are kept that way. The same as your opinions should be.

This is a free forum as long as the threads are withing the bounds of decency and taste. As you say homophobia, racism and the like are out of bounds. Tattoos are fair game. If they were personal people would keep them covered, I do as I regret having them (foolish young squaddie). The only time mine are visible is on the beach.

In January '96 my young son and I were walking past the restaurants underneath Garden City and a man was sat at a table with a full face tattoo. Obviously a 6 year old child is curious and loud. He asked in voluble terms about the man and we got simultaneous growl and scowl.

Now, if you don't want people to comment or even look, don't be so 'flamboyant'. Ordinary tattoos seem to be as invisible as clean skin these days. More and more of the aforementioned sleeve tattoos are being seen. I even saw a woman, late 20's early 30's in Tesco the other day with neck to ankle tattoos. She looked ridiculous and you can't help but stare. Remember, these people choose to have this done so if you look different people will stare and comment.

It is most certainly not out of order for people to comment on them on here.

TOTO 99
05-08-2011, 08:55
Problem? do you even know what a problem is?????
The famine in Somlia, racial prejudice, homophobia, cancer, child neglect. Jesus where to stop.
One thing that isn't a problem is human choice!
That's what makes life interesting, that's what makes us different. I am definitely not the one to listen to here but nor are you.
Small minded people............................................ ..................

Would that be the same as your opinions regarding what age women should wear bikini's in post 42 then?

dokgolf
05-08-2011, 09:35
Opinions are not designed to be kept quiet otherwise they would be called ideas. I don't think that anyone who posted here has a vendetta against people with tattoos just can't understand the reasoning in getting them in the first place ( as in the first post where Rosemary asked to be convinced). So, I think, everybody should step down off their soap boxes and realise that life is too short for petty squabbles. BTW, I like tattoos in general, just haven't the balls to get one (yet!):)

Jackie
05-08-2011, 09:37
This is a free forum as long as the threads are withing the bounds of decency and taste. As you say homophobia, racism and the like are out of bounds. Tattoos are fair game. If they were personal people would keep them covered, I do as I regret having them (foolish young squaddie). The only time mine are visible is on the beach.

In January '96 my young son and I were walking past the restaurants underneath Garden City and a man was sat at a table with a full face tattoo. Obviously a 6 year old child is curious and loud. He asked in voluble terms about the man and we got simultaneous growl and scowl.

Now, if you don't want people to comment or even look, don't be so 'flamboyant'. Ordinary tattoos seem to be as invisible as clean skin these days. More and more of the aforementioned sleeve tattoos are being seen. I even saw a woman, late 20's early 30's in Tesco the other day with neck to ankle tattoos. She looked ridiculous and you can't help but stare. Remember, these people choose to have this done so if you look different people will stare and comment.

It is most certainly not out of order for people to comment on them on here.

Although not on the topic of Tattoos, sorry Mods but I feel this comment relevant.

Your words that I have highlighted in Bold, would they apply to a disabled person or someone with disfigurements as well. Although not their choice to 'look different' they do, so is it OK to stare at/ comment about them as well ????? because that is what your statement implies.

Does it really matter whether people have tattoos, disabilities, disfigurements, green hair, blue hair, 60 year olds wearing bikinis etc. For god sake live and let live, believe me life is too short. Maybe I have this outlook after nearly losing my life and I wouldn't wish that on anyone in order for them to see such trivial things in a different light, but just think about what is important and what really matters.

Suej
05-08-2011, 09:53
Even in an age where tattoos are becoming more and more popular I still think they make men and women look a bit rough and ready! just my opinion and a bit of an old fashioned idea I know. :)

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 10:10
Could we also include pony tails on men from the 60's/70's, with receding hairlines - just a thought! :)

And comb overs (is that what they're called)

Even in an age where tattoos are becoming more and more popular I still think they make men and women look a bit rough and ready! just my opinion and a bit of an old fashioned idea I know. :)

Ok I'm backing you up there Sue - me too. I wouldn't have any but that's just me. Old fashioned too.

A lot of Mum's now have their kids names tattooed - that's nice

Suej
05-08-2011, 10:25

Ok I'm backing you up there Sue - me too. I wouldn't have any but that's just me. Old fashioned too.

Hmm! I bet that looks really attractive...Not!:crazy:

Saw a guy in town a couple of weeks ago with collar length hair (reddish brown) with inch long silver grey roots! I really did have to look away on that occasion! LOL! :wow:

rosemary
05-08-2011, 10:36
Itīs been fascinating reading some of these posts. And yes, I did ask to be convinced when I started this thread, and I did want to understand the need to endure this "body art". I am still bemused, bewildered and unconvinced but hey, thatīs OK. I didnīt expect to get the answer here, just raise a few responses. As for jackieīs comment on "staring at disablement or disfigurement and is it OK to do this....." I think thatīs an unfair crticism of cheeryīs post about his small boy staring at the tattooed man. Children will stare, the curious, the insensitive will stare, thatīs life. But the full body tattoo is done purely by choice and surely it is done in order to provoke a response or a simple stare? If it wasnīt done with a response in mind then hey, tough, it will surely get one.
Tattoos originated in primitive tribes as war paint. It was, still is, in some parts of the world, done to threaten. In a New Zealnd airport I turned to face a 7ft tall Maori fella in full body tattoo and I was visibly shocked. He just smiled and looked soooo unthreatening we both laughed. But that is his culture. And that is another story. All I am really questioning, are peopleīs motives for having them. Some are noble I guess, like my Maori, and some are done to threaten and some are done to remember lost children. And some are done just in order to draw attention. And some I question - deeply!

jose cuervo
05-08-2011, 10:45
do you have Ear piercing ??? well you could say the same thing i guess.. is not about being individual or making your own statement ?? i have both piercing and tattoos

bonitatime
05-08-2011, 10:50
There doesn't seem to be a lot of live and let live on this thread. I am not sure about tattoos. I insisted my eldest waited until he was 18 and then he had to pay for it. He has a dragon on his shoulder which I must say has grown on my. My younger child has very bad scarring on her upper leg and is thinking about a tattoo to cover this. I have said she needs to wait a year (over 18 now) to be sure as it is for life.
The only thing I would ever have done would be my football colours and evey time I see another CDT tattoo I am envious but I am just not sure I can do this.
I love to look at other peoples tattoos but usually if I look I explain.

christa
05-08-2011, 10:59
All I am really questioning, are peopleīs motives for having them. Some are noble I guess, like my Maori, and some are done to threaten and some are done to remember lost children. And some are done just in order to draw attention. And some I question - deeply!

I have one,.......... not chosen because of my culture, not chosen to be threatening, nor to remember lost children or draw attention.

Simply because it was a very attractive design which I thought long and hard about, and decided I would be happy to wear this permanently. It is not visable unless wearing swimwear, it was done for my benefit, no-one elses.

karinagal
05-08-2011, 13:25
Karinagal you and I have both been in the same position so a tattoo that represents as you say, 'girls that have lost the battle' is something very personal to you and with a very poignant meaning. I am a survivor of 19 years, and at the age of 52 I am still contemplating having just a simple butterfly tattoo to represent 'New Life' as that is what I was given. To most people they will not see the meaning behind it as they won't with yours but will no doubt criticize us oldies for having them anyway....

I agree Jackie and as we both know, a diagnosis of cancer leaves a question mark over the future. At the time that I agreed to the tattoo I was still unsure if I'd make it to 50.... Now I'm a lot more relaxed about letting myself grow old disgracefully!! :p

And on the side topic re women of a certain age letting it all hang out - one image forever burned in my memory is of a rather large man in a white thong bending over to pick something up from the sand..... {{{{{shivers}}}}} didn't help that there was a woman selling fresh fruit and crying out 'melony, melony, melony' at that exact moment....!

:p

---

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 13:52
Thanks God it wasn't "Sanwich" !! "Banana" !!!.....:D:cheeky::bootyshake:

(before you start I purposely spelt sandwich wrong as that is how it would be pronounced)

cheery
05-08-2011, 14:04
Although not on the topic of Tattoos, sorry Mods but I feel this comment relevant.

Your words that I have highlighted in Bold, would they apply to a disabled person or someone with disfigurements as well. Although not their choice to 'look different' they do, so is it OK to stare at/ comment about them as well ????? because that is what your statement implies.

Does it really matter whether people have tattoos, disabilities, disfigurements, green hair, blue hair, 60 year olds wearing bikinis etc. For god sake live and let live, believe me life is too short. Maybe I have this outlook after nearly losing my life and I wouldn't wish that on anyone in order for them to see such trivial things in a different light, but just think about what is important and what really matters.

I would have thought my opening statement concerning homophobia, racism etc. would have covered that. However, if you choose to have blue hair, facial tattoos or some other alteration to your appearance then if people stare, laugh or ridicule you, so be it.

People who mock disabled or other similarly affected people deserve to be stoned to death (I have a disabled cousin).

This is a public forum and I stand by those comments.

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 14:11

I'm backing you too MM - that's it, comb overs!! Very tasty!!! :)

PS - any news from Dublin ;)

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 14:16
I'm backing you too MM - that's it, comb overs!! Very tasty!!! :)

PS - any news from Dublin ;)

Think ecks scared him off - to be sure;) I'm sure it's all fine now, just a misunderstanding

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 14:21
Opinions are not designed to be kept quiet otherwise they would be called ideas. I don't think that anyone who posted here has a vendetta against people with tattoos just can't understand the reasoning in getting them in the first place ( as in the first post where Rosemary asked to be convinced). So, I think, everybody should step down off their soap boxes and realise that life is too short for petty squabbles. BTW, I like tattoos in general, just haven't the balls to get one (yet!):)

Said like a trooper!!! Now where's me quiche!!! :)

Thanks God it wasn't "Sanwich" !! "Banana" !!!.....:D:cheeky::bootyshake:

(before you start I purposely spelt sandwich wrong as that is how it would be pronounced)

??? - I think I've missed something here ???

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 14:42
Said like a trooper!!! Now where's me quiche!!! :)

??? - I think I've missed something here ???

Exactly could have been a lot worse:bootyshake::whistle:

have emailed you

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 15:02
Exactly could have been a lot worse:bootyshake::whistle:

have emailed you

....................:wow:......................... ............:bootyshake:

Suej
05-08-2011, 16:07

Your body Jackie and you can do as you wish! So donīt take notice of any opinions (As if you would) If you want a tattoo go for it! and if you like it thatīs all that matters!:wave:

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 16:10
Your body Jackie and you can do as you wish! So donīt take notice of any opinions (As if you would) If you want a tattoo go for it! and if you like it thatīs all that matters!:wave:

Sue ! Goforgold having a dog rug tattooed on her thigh ! :rofl:

see water thread

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 16:17
Sue ! Goforgold having a dog rug tattooed on her thigh ! :rofl:

see water thread

Get it right MM!!! It's a dug rug I'm having!!!

Mind you I wouldn't mind a discreet teenie weenie tattoo of a greyhound to go with the dug rug :)

Even better, a peel off one :)

Leena
05-08-2011, 16:28
Personally I dont like Tattoos and would never have one, my daughter has one but on her hip so its covered. She applied to be an airhostess and all the airlines state that staff cannot have visible tattoos so thank goodness she put it where she did.
I think tattoos can portray a certain image espcially "macabre" tattos and looking at the quite agressive posts from carpenter he seems to play right into that stereo type.
Everyone has a right to their opinion and to express their opinion and threads like this can make you see things from another persons point of view but writing in capitals (shouting) and being patronising and insulting is a bit out of order. This was a pleasant thread with people putting different points across please dont turn it nasty:D

Balcony
05-08-2011, 17:12
On balance don't like tats. I guess if you're young and 'fit' some tats look OK, but as you see some tats spread over the body it looks so naff and as the people get older Jesus what a mess! I can appreciate the art in tatoos and I can possibly understand what people see in them, but definately not for me.

I've had my moments with considering a tat, but always after a few beers at Notting Hill Carnival. Thankfully, never got too carried away.

sundownersvince
05-08-2011, 18:33
I havn't got any cos I dont wanna look like a chav.........Cant find the hiding smilie......

YOUNG GOLFER
05-08-2011, 18:42
It is up to the person i guess but not for me.....have to say seen a few on the face around the necks of people even on someones forehead which spelt out the F word which i have to say look stupid.

Mind you i would rather sit in a pub next to someone with Tatoos.....than someone who stank of B.O. now that is disgusting.

carpenter
05-08-2011, 20:22
I would have thought my opening statement concerning homophobia, racism etc. would have covered that. However, if you choose to have blue hair, facial tattoos or some other alteration to your appearance then if people stare, laugh or ridicule you, so be it.

People who mock disabled or other similarly affected people deserve to be stoned to death (I have a disabled cousin).

My parents always told me that it was wrong to stare!

Would you laugh at this man or his countrymen his ancestors his heritage? Do you think it's acceptable that people would laugh at him?
If the answer is no then surely any similar acts of snobbery to someone not of Maori decent would be deemed racist. After all don't we live in a fair/equal/liberal world......... Silly me I must have dropped off there for a second

Sal
05-08-2011, 20:31
Well I intend to still wear mine with pride and if people don't like it - it's their problem, not mine! :neener:

Pinkyjo
05-08-2011, 20:48
I have 9 tattoos but they are in places I can hide or show off. I have recently had a portrait of David Bowie on my side but as my bikini days are over its not really going to be on view apart from to myself. As for getting old, then me and David will get old and wrinkly together and when I'm sat in my bathchair when I'm old and grey I can look down at David and remember all the concerts I went to and the wild times in my twenties and smile to myself. I also have pink hair too so there is absolutely no hope for me!! Ironically where I work its all the pensioners that love my hair and says it really cheers their day.

tracey_in_tenerife
05-08-2011, 20:54
Im 39, i have three tattoos, but thought VERY carefully before having any of them.
I had one at 23,one at 30 and a scroll at the bottom of my back which has took 10 years to complete, as it has my husbands name and as i have had my children they have been added.
I thought about when i got old and wrinkly, i thought about when i was 60/70 would i be looked at as if i had three heads, mine all resemble parts of my life and very tasteful too.
They are covered up most of the time unless im in a bikini
They DEFINETLY aren't CHAVY, each to their own is what i say!!

marbro8
05-08-2011, 20:55
i am 50 now and have just the one of my football team, i managed to get the tattoo, get arrested for football violence and get thrown out by my dad all within about 12 hours of the same day lol so it's actually quite a reminder of the events of that day, but now i am older i am looking to get more tattoo's on my upper arms to cover the stretch marks that appeared when i was a weight lifter in my teens, i have gone from being 16.5 stone to now being 13 and my upper arms seem to have suffered lol,so i think it may be the cheaper option than having a surgical arm tuck

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 21:00

If you haven't got balls Dokgolf, could you have the tattoo put somewhere else? ;) Just another one of my thoughts!! :)

karinagal
05-08-2011, 21:06
I have 9 tattoos but they are in places I can hide or show off. I have recently had a portrait of David Bowie on my side but as my bikini days are over its not really going to be on view apart from to myself. As for getting old, then me and David will get old and wrinkly together and when I'm sat in my bathchair when I'm old and grey I can look down at David and remember all the concerts I went to and the wild times in my twenties and smile to myself. I also have pink hair too so there is absolutely no hope for me!! Ironically where I work its all the pensioners that love my hair and says it really cheers their day.

I'm with you hon - I frequently have pink bits dyed through my hair. I started doing it in 2005 for my first charity motorcycle rides for Breast Cancer Care. Liked it so much that I get it done a couple of times each year!

Is that picture of your tattoo? Incredible artwork...

:D

Pinkyjo
05-08-2011, 21:40
Yeah that's a picture of my David Bowie tattoo. If I end up in an old folks home I can't wait to see the young person's face when they come to give me a bed-bath lol!!!!

christa
05-08-2011, 21:47
Yeah that's a picture of my David Bowie tattoo. If I end up in an old folks home I can't wait to see the young person's face when they come to give me a bed-bath lol!!!!

Your post brings me strong memories of seeing DaVid at Milton Keynes Bowl - Serious moonlight tour 1984??? He had always been my idol throughout my teenage years. Love your tattoo............. I can imagine how much it means to you.

Pinkyjo
05-08-2011, 21:52
I was at that concert too. I remember sleeping in the bus shelter the night before with loads of other people and it being a boiling hot day. My friend asked me to paint the Aladdin Sane zig zag on his face. By the time the concert came though it had slid down his face in the heat lol!!! Happy Days. David is obviously happy to be tattooed on me as he never leaves my side :whistle:

christa
05-08-2011, 22:02
I remember that hot day too. I cadged a lift with a friend of a friend from West London. I thought he was pickin me up in a car, turned out to be motorbike! first time on the back and was a great start to the day!!! Spent most of the day lazin on the grass waiting for the start.

Ooops, Off Topic! sorry mods.

Pinkyjo
05-08-2011, 22:15
But it does go to prove that tattoos can evoke strong memories and maybe that is why some of us get them. Like anything else though there are probably as many reasons for getting tattoos as there are tattoos out there.

lozzie1821
05-08-2011, 22:27
I absolutely LOVE tattoos... I have 8
I got my 1st one when i was 16 and its worked out over time i get 1 every 6-8months... I just get this urge to have another 1 and then thats it once my mind is set to get 1 i do...
I love all my tatoos.
1 on my foot
1 on my outer leg at the top - a big boat on the sea with GRANDAD on a scroll.
1 on my inner arm (wrist 2 elbow) arabic writing
1 on my other wrist that say mum with a butterfly
1 on my hand J <3 L (when i was with my now ex partner)
1 on my lower back tribal with a heart
1 on my shoulder a heart that says Daddys Girl through the middle.
1 thats says Made In Liverpool... (hence it was were i was born)

im planning 2 more for my childrens names and then i have said they will be my last as im running out of nice looking areas to put them that dont make me look butch or just down right Ugly....

ive easily spent over 1000e on tatoos

Jackie
05-08-2011, 22:39

The point I was trying to make was if someone had a disfigurement some people would still look at them because they also look different. I have a friend who has scars on her face, neck, hands and most of her body after an horrific accident. Obviously when clothed the main ones that are visible are those on her face, neck, and hands. But I can bet you now if she stood next to someone covered in Tattoos I know exactly who people will stare at, I have witnessed it on many occasions. The point I was trying to make was that people will stare at ANYONE who looks different regardless of whether those differences are caused by accident or personal choice, either way it is wrong.

karinagal
06-08-2011, 00:03
The point I was trying to make was if someone had a disfigurement some people would still look at them because they also look different. I have a friend who has scars on her face, neck, hands and most of her body after an horrific accident. Obviously when clothed the main ones that are visible are those on her face, neck, and hands. But I can bet you now if she stood next to someone covered in Tattoos I know exactly who people will stare at, I have witnessed it on many occasions. The point I was trying to make was that people will stare at ANYONE who looks different regardless of whether those differences are caused by accident or personal choice, either way it is wrong.

I totally agree. Yes, it is human nature to be curious - this is what allows us to learn - however, if you see something upsetting or distasteful, you have the power to look the other way.

People may look different (as Jackie points out) by no wish or fault of their own. People may choose to adorn themselves in a manner which is not aesthetically pleasing to others. In this case it is their personal choice. This does not mean that the person looking at them has the right to ridicule or scorn them for doing so. It is naff all to do with anyone else.

Bit of an old crusade of mine! When I was going through chemo and had lost all of my hair, I refused to wear a wig as it was itchy, uncomfortable and it made me look like the love child of Elvis and Shaking Stevens. I chose instead to wear bandana's. Even this could be uncomfortable as it was summer and occasionally warm.... I used to enjoy whipping off the bandana and letting my shiny, baldy head out for an airing..! If I saw anyone staring, I would smile and stare back. Reckon I was definitely an evil female bovine in a previous incarnation!! :p

---

onelegnofeet
06-08-2011, 08:34
I have quite a few tattoos ,mispent youth .And tbh some were pretty dire .So the option was removal costing into thousands and thousands of pounds which can leave scarring even in these days of advancement ,or "Cover ups " which is what i opted for .Manmy artists now are extremely good at what they can achieve ,BUT ,as pointed out by others they do alter over time (i had a bluebird which started to look like a squished fly ).I had my first aged 14 ,done by a gypsy/fairground woman .I kept it from my parents for a lot of years along with the others i had done whilst in the navy .
I would tell anyone think long and hard about having a tattoo ,unlike piercings they cant be taken when you realise your too old .BUT ,a few are asking "What about when you are old ?" ,Well as we will more likely to be singing along to "Firestarter "rather than "My oldman said follow the van" "in our chairs then really its no real problem .

On people staring .....Children who stare at my problems are not an issue for me ,its only (for want of a better word )intrigue .I just smile ,if they ask me how i usually make up a story about not holding my mums hand when crossing the road ,a lie yes but if it makes them safe well .
I find though its more adults that stare again i dont mind ,unless of course they are hovering right over the top of me and having a real GAWP .
The one issue i do have is those that ask over my head "Hows he doing today "etc ,that to me is just ignoreance .
I do think more people stare at my condition rather than my tattoos but surely thats the "Person that Stares "problem ,not mine .

Christa /pinkyjo,First time i saw David Bowie 1972(73?)Oxford New Theatre ,even then you could see he was going to be around forever

lozzie1821
06-08-2011, 18:18
The best thing about tattoos for me is they played such a big part in the revenge on a cheating ex!!
cut a long story short found out my ex was cheating and decided to get my own back before dumping his sorry ass!! I asked him if he would consider gettin a tatoo on his chest with my name LAUREN after a few problems i said it would prove his love 2me and we could move forward....
that weekend he went and did it - LAUREN in big thick old english writing..
he came home flexing his muscles no shirt on happy as larry asking me "what do you think babe??" My reply.. I LOVE it dont know what sarah will think though!!!
His face a picture!!!! my bags packed and removed from the apt that night!

Bet that makes great bed talk when he takes a girl home these days!!
hahahahhahahahahaahhahahahahhhahah

Sal
06-08-2011, 19:28
I do think more people stare at my condition rather than my tattoos but surely thats the "Person that Stares "problem ,not mine .

My sentiments exactly - if they don't like my tattoos, nobody asked them to look - their problem, not mine!

Alivee
06-08-2011, 19:37
I only have one tattoo and I'm proud of it ...............end of !
I really don't care what people think of it , I love it thats all that counts !
:D

dede
06-08-2011, 19:45
Had a look at mine today in the mirror and it does look nice from the rear:wink2::headbang::049:

Harmonicaman
06-08-2011, 19:55
Had a look at mine today in the mirror and it does look nice from the rear:wink2::headbang::049:

So it isn't a vampire then?:)

dede
06-08-2011, 19:56
So it isn't a vampire then?:)

No but i have been known to be a little devil.......

rosemary
06-08-2011, 19:58
Interesting that so many posters say they "do it for themselves" and that other people who stare have a problem. Does "doin it for yourself" give so much pleasure ?

dede
06-08-2011, 20:02
Interesting that so many posters say they "do it for themselves" and that other people who stare have a problem. Does "doin it for yourself" give so much pleasure ? Well rosemary you havnt done it to yourself so you wouldnt know what pleasure is :cheeky:

Suej
06-08-2011, 20:05
Interesting that so many posters say they "do it for themselves" and that other people who stare have a problem. Does "doin it for yourself" give so much pleasure ?

I would think itīs the same as putting on mascara or painting your nails...who notices or stares at these things? but it can make you feel better!;)

howard thornton
06-08-2011, 20:06
:tiphat::tiphat:
The best thing about tattoos for me is they played such a big part in the revenge on a cheating ex!!
cut a long story short found out my ex was cheating and decided to get my own back before dumping his sorry ass!! I asked him if he would consider gettin a tatoo on his chest with my name LAUREN after a few problems i said it would prove his love 2me and we could move forward....
that weekend he went and did it - LAUREN in big thick old english writing..
he came home flexing his muscles no shirt on happy as larry asking me "what do you think babe??" My reply.. I LOVE it dont know what sarah will think though!!!
His face a picture!!!! my bags packed and removed from the apt that night!

Bet that makes great bed talk when he takes a girl home these days!!
hahahahhahahahahaahhahahahahhhahah well done. you got rid of a right nobhead.

rosemary
06-08-2011, 20:21
Well rosemary you havnt done it to yourself so you wouldnt know what pleasure is :cheeky:

You assume too much sir/madam. Believe me when I say that I do know what pleasure is. But it doesnīt involve pain or bodily mutilation - I guess I am freaky that way.

Alivee
06-08-2011, 20:32
Does "doin it for yourself" give so much pleasure ?

Yep sure does Rosemary !!

Sal
06-08-2011, 20:35

Of course! My tattoos were originally for me - nobody else, but my husband likes them!
Yes, they are a pleasure to me.

Jackie
07-08-2011, 11:39

Yes they certainly do...why would anyone stare at someone simply because they look different to themselves. As I said before would you stare at at someone with a disability or disfigurement?, I very much doubt it so why stare at someone simply because they have tattoos. Did your mother never teach you that it is rude to stare?

Angusjim
07-08-2011, 11:53
Yes they certainly do...why would anyone stare at someone simply because they look different to themselves. As I said before would you stare at at someone with a disability or disfigurement?, I very much doubt it so why stare at someone simply because they have tattoos. Did your mother never teach you that it is rude to stare?

Jackie there is guy comes into our pub with three quaters of his face covered in a spiders web he looks ( and is ) a complete idiot. We are used to it now but people who see him for 1st time do stare at him and shake head. Would you have confidence in dealing with for example primary school teachers, doctors,surgeons, bank managers if you were sitting accross a table looking at Spiderman offering professional advice.:spin:

rosemary
07-08-2011, 11:55

I suggest you have missed the point. tattooing is self inflicted.

Jackie
07-08-2011, 11:58
I suggest you have missed the point. tattooing is self inflicted.

Exactly ... SELF inflicted .. for the pleasure of the person who has it, so what has it got to do with anyone else. If you don't like them then don't look

rosemary
07-08-2011, 12:36
Exactly ... SELF inflicted .. for the pleasure of the person who has it, so what has it got to do with anyone else. If you don't like them then don't look

But self inflicted body art is done for display. So one is not supposed to admire it or dislike it? One cannot/should not/ must not stare at it?

Disablement or disfigurement is not self inflicted or done for effect. I donīt see that comparisons with tattos are valid.

Jackie
07-08-2011, 12:45
Jackie there is guy comes into our pub with three quaters of his face covered in a spiders web he looks ( and is ) a complete idiot. We are used to it now but people who see him for 1st time do stare at him and shake head. Would you have confidence in dealing with for example primary school teachers, doctors,surgeons, bank managers if you were sitting accross a table looking at Spiderman offering professional advice.:spin:

I understand what you are saying AJ but at least with the guy you are talking about you are seeing what you are getting. I am sure we have all dealt with teachers,doctors, surgeons, bank managers etc. who although they 'look normal' ...whatever that is... are real idiots, I know first hand what a normal looking doctor can do and that is almost lose my daughter and myself our lives. Because someone has a tattoo does that make them less qualified in any of these jobs than someone who has no tattoos. To much emphasis is put on appearance and what people should look like according to society. As long as the 'professional' who is giving me advice knows what they are talking about I really couldn't care less whether they had tattoos or not.

Added after 6 minutes:

But self inflicted body art is done for display. So one is not supposed to admire it or dislike it? One cannot/should not/ must not stare at it?

Disablement or disfigurement is not self inflicted or done for effect. I donīt see that comparisons with tattos are valid.

No Rosemary 'self inflicted body art' is not done for display, there are many people that have tattoos that unless they were standing naked you wouldn't even know they had any. Surely it is up the individual where they have tattoos and should that be a visible place that can be seen by others then so be it. OK so you don't like them, the easy solution is don't look at them then. Have you ever walked up to anyone with a visible tattoo and expressed your dislike at the fact you can see it as you obviously feel so strongly about them??

Angusjim
07-08-2011, 12:52
I understand what you are saying AJ but at least with the guy you are talking about you are seeing what you are getting. I am sure we have all dealt with teachers,doctors, surgeons, bank managers etc. who although they 'look normal' ...whatever that is... are real idiots, I know first hand what a normal looking doctor can do and that is almost lose my daughter and myself our lives. Because someone has a tattoo does that make them less qualified in any of these jobs than someone who has no tattoos. To much emphasis is put on appearance and what people should look like according to society. As long as the 'professional' who is giving me advice knows what they are talking about I really couldn't care less whether they had tattoos or not.

Would you be happy if your daughter came home with a tattoo covering most of face ? You have to wonder what goes thru someones head when they get this done. Remember tattoos are for life not just for the current trend to have them, will they be happy in 20/30 years time when they look in the mirror.

rosemary
07-08-2011, 12:52

Why do I not believe you? Spiderman Doc????!!!

Jackie
07-08-2011, 13:01
Would you be happy if your daughter came home with a tattoo covering most of face ? You have to wonder what goes thru someones head when they get this done. Remember tattoos are for life not just for the current trend to have them, will they be happy in 20/30 years time when they look in the mirror.

AJ it is all about personal choice

Why do I not believe you? Spiderman Doc????!!!

Please do not call me a liar Rosemary, I can categorically say here and now that had the doctor that saved both mine and my daughters lives had full body tattoos then it really would not have bothered me, let's get some perspective on this shall we. What have tattoos got to do with the ability of someone to carry out their job??

rosemary
07-08-2011, 13:06

Added after 6 minutes:

No Rosemary 'self inflicted body art' is not done for display, there are many people that have tattoos that unless they were standing naked you wouldn't even know they had any. Surely it is up the individual where they have tattoos and should that be a visible place that can be seen by others then so be it. OK so you don't like them, the easy solution is don't look at them then. Have you ever walked up to anyone with a visible tattoo and expressed your dislike at the fact you can see it as you obviously feel so strongly about them??

Simple answer "No". I wouldnīt dream of being so impolite. :whistle:
And Jackie my original post was based on living here in sunny Tenerife, the Tattoo loverīs Paradise, where letting it all hang out "for all the world to see" is an occupational hazard - depending on your point of view of course.....!

Jackie
07-08-2011, 13:08
Simple answer "No". I wouldnīt dream of being so impolite. :whistle:
And Jackie my original post was based on living here in sunny Tenerife, the Tattoo loverīs Paradise, where letting it all hang out "for all the world to see" is an occupational hazard - depending on your point of view of course.....!

You wouldn't dream of being so impolite to someone face you mean but it is OK to be impolite behind a computer screen...

rosemary
07-08-2011, 13:10
AJ it is all about personal choice

Please do not call me a liar Rosemary, I can categorically say here and now that had the doctor that saved both mine and my daughters lives had full body tattoos then it really would not have bothered me, let's get some perspective on this shall we. What have tattoos got to do with the ability of someone to carry out their job??

Did I call you a liar? I wouldnīt dream of doing so. I merely begged the question why do I not believe you?
Let me perhaps help with the perspective shall I? if there was a choice between 2 able surgeons of equal abilities, but one had Spiderman all over his face and one didnīt, then I think I know who I would choose to treat me. The one who is less likely to be regarded as an idiot. itīs all about self marketing jackie. And inspiring confidence.

Angusjim
07-08-2011, 13:19
[QUOTE=Jackie;76420]AJ it is all about personal choice

Jackie before I say this I am not calling you a liar:whistle: BUT I think like most sane parents you would have an opinion about her " personal choice" at what age do you think she should have the choice to change her life for ever

rosemary
07-08-2011, 13:25
You wouldn't dream of being so impolite to someone face you mean but it is OK to be impolite behind a computer screen...

Thatīs what Forums are all about IMO Jackie. But then I am British to the core! As long as I donīt intentionally offend anyone else on the Forum itīs a great place to open a debate, isnīt it?

Goforgold
07-08-2011, 13:29
I would think itīs the same as putting on mascara or painting your nails...who notices or stares at these things? but it can make you feel better!;)

Depends on how much mascara they put on. Now if it was like Dusty Springfield wore, you might take a second look ;)

And those false talons that some wear - how do they manage to do anything when wearing those ???

Jackie
07-08-2011, 13:32
Did I call you a liar? I wouldnīt dream of doing so. I merely begged the question why do I not believe you?
Let me perhaps help with the perspective shall I? if there was a choice between 2 able surgeons of equal abilities, but one had Spiderman all over his face and one didnīt, then I think I know who I would choose to treat me. The one who is less likely to be regarded as an idiot. itīs all about self marketing jackie. And inspiring confidence.

And this is not calling me a liar ??? ..... Hopefully you will never be in the position of needing your life saved.. you may have your opinions as to who you think you would choose to do so but I know for a fact when push comes to shove you really will not be bothered as long as they do the job they are employed to, tattoos or not.

Sorry AJ didn't quote your post, missed it at first... the age any of my kids have the choice to change their lives is when they no longer live under my roof.;)

rosemary
07-08-2011, 13:44
[QUOTE=Jackie;76435]And this is not calling me a liar ??? ..... Hopefully you will never be in the position of needing your life saved.. you may have your opinions as to who you think you would choose to do so but I know for a fact when push comes to shove you really will not be bothered as long as they do the job they are employed to, tattoos or not.

Sigh.....No Jackie it is not calling you a liar to say that I feel your reply may not inspire confidence. it is expressing my uncertainty. There is a difference trust me. And if push came to shove as you put it and I had no choice in the matter - cos I was bordering on unconciousness at the time or I was unable to speak the language (??!!) - then I would undoubtedly call on my own God and hope for the best. But if there was a choice jackie, if there was a choice...and that is what was under discussion.

canarianchicken
07-08-2011, 13:54
I can't understand why people would want to put graffiti onto their bodies. As they get older they look even worse than when they are fresh.

I know so many people who regret having a tattoo when they were younger. I think that is very sad that they don't think ahead.

Jackie
07-08-2011, 14:05
[QUOTE=Jackie;76435]And this is not calling me a liar ??? ..... Hopefully you will never be in the position of needing your life saved.. you may have your opinions as to who you think you would choose to do so but I know for a fact when push comes to shove you really will not be bothered as long as they do the job they are employed to, tattoos or not.

Sigh.....No Jackie it is not calling you a liar to say that I feel your reply may not inspire confidence. it is expressing my uncertainty. There is a difference trust me. And if push came to shove as you put it and I had no choice in the matter - cos I was bordering on unconciousness at the time or I was unable to speak the language (??!!) - then I would undoubtedly call on my own God and hope for the best. But if there was a choice jackie, if there was a choice...and that is what was under discussion.

There is a choice...you either have tattoos or you don't., and what it has got to do with anyone else is beyond me. The same as you and I, we choose what we wear, how our hair is cut, what colour nail varnish we wear etc etc...what has that got to do with anyone else. If other don't like my choices then tough...I wasn't asking them.

onelegnofeet
07-08-2011, 14:27

Disfigurement.....a self harmer cut themselves ,its self inflicted and quite possibly done for effect !!!
Disablement .....smokers have limbs removed self inflicted ,diabetics SOME who have limbs removed is down to not looking after yourself self in flicted .Drink Drivers can and do accidents causing scars on their faces possibly amputations etc ,self inflicted .....maybe thats a few to be going on with in comparisons .
So as i have tattoos and you ,a relative ,a friend has a heart attack(god forbid) in the street and the the fact i can do CPR etc to help till medics arrive ,your saying you woluld refuse my help because my tattoo's offend you !!! i feel sad

Jackie
07-08-2011, 14:44
Disfigurement.....a self harmer cut themselves ,its self inflicted and quite possibly done for effect !!!
Disablement .....smokers have limbs removed self inflicted ,diabetics SOME who have limbs removed is down to not looking after yourself self in flicted .Drink Drivers can and do accidents causing scars on their faces possibly amputations etc ,self inflicted .....maybe thats a few to be going on with in comparisons .
So as i have tattoos and you ,a relative ,a friend has a heart attack(god forbid) in the street and the the fact i can do CPR etc to help till medics arrive ,your saying you woluld refuse my help because my tattoo's offend you !!! i feel sad

Let's hope for her sake she is never in that kind of position otherwise there could possibly only be one outcome:angel::angel:

rosemary
07-08-2011, 15:06

I think i have already said quite clearly to Jackie that if my life was in danger and I had no choice in the matter then I would simply call on my own God and hope for the best IF (God Forbid!)I was faced by a medically able person with a spiderman all over his face. I wouldnīt have a choice eh?

But as Jackie and I have agreed, we do exercise choices in our daily lives, most - but not all, of the time.

And yes itīs true one leg......some disablement and disfigurement is caused by the self - some intentionally, some in order to draw attention. Sadly.

9PLUS
07-08-2011, 16:51
Rosemary = Zarion

x

carpenter
07-08-2011, 17:59
I left Bournemouth (god's waiting room) because it was full of boring opinionated coffin dodgers, NIMBY's, It wouldn't happen in my day people. Have you ever been to Bournemouth Rosemary?
Stare if you want to stare, hate if you want to hate there are plenty of things that I can't stand. Religion, brass bands, train spotters, dungeons and dragons, slow walkers and boring people to name but a few but I really don't think anyone else is interested in hearing about it so I just accept them and carry on with MY LIFE.

rosemary
07-08-2011, 18:16
I left Bournemouth (god's waiting room) because it was full of boring opinionated coffin dodgers, NIMBY's, It wouldn't happen in my day people. Have you ever been to Bournemouth Rosemary?
Stare if you want to stare, hate if you want to hate there are plenty of things that I can't stand. Religion, brass bands, train spotters, dungeons and dragons, slow walkers and boring people to name but a few but I really don't think anyone else is interested in hearing about it so I just accept them and carry on with MY LIFE.

Oh yes carpenter I have passed thro Bournemouth, once, very quickly. And if by that remark you are of the opinion that I too fall into the category of self opinionated coffin dodgers (nice) hey, I can live with that. I actually started this thread cos I wanted to hear what others thought about tattoos. Pity we didnīt hear your views. Carry on living your life. Good idea.

doreen
07-08-2011, 18:33
It's a generational thing ... many of the guys who work for me have tattoos - they are in their 20's and 30's ... haven't seen too many tattooed people in their 50's and 60's bar the occasional American :)

Apollo
07-08-2011, 18:35
To be fair, Rosemary, you had the element of attack in your first post. It didnt come across as just a "lets get opinions on this, what do you think?" type thing.
It was more an "I hate this...who's with me?!"
It was doomed from the starrt because you are bound to offend people and those people, rightfully so, will defend themselves.
Perhaps next time just think about things before you post them. There is a thing called "Tact" and I think that that was possibly what was missing from your initial (and succeeding) posts.

Zara
07-08-2011, 18:45
Rosemary = Zarion

x

Tut tut - thought that was Maggie :whistle:

While tattoos are not for me - I can see why some get them - here is a very proud dad for one :tiphat:

Goforgold
07-08-2011, 18:47
Looks awful to me :(

onelegnofeet
07-08-2011, 18:48

And yes itīs true one leg......some disablement and disfigurement is caused by the self - some intentionally, some in order to draw attention. Sadly.

Good to see you've at least changed your mind on your earlier statement

Zara
07-08-2011, 18:55
Looks awful to me :(

While you may not like it, surely you can see that he has done it with pride for his little girl. If only all fathers were as proud of their children to declare it to the general public. rolleyes2:

onelegnofeet
07-08-2011, 18:56
I would simply call on my own God

And surely your God would be forgiving of those with or without tattoos i am sure he has forgiven far worse sins .

"Judge not lest ye be judged.For what judgement ye judge ,ye shall be judged" (Matthew 7:1-5)

rosemary
07-08-2011, 19:20
Good to see you've at least changed your mind on your earlier statement

But deliberate disfigurement such as you describe is still for effect oneleg. I confess i hadnīt seen that one!

And surely your God would be forgiving of those with or without tattoos i am sure he has forgiven far worse sins .

"Judge not lest ye be judged.For what judgement ye judge ,ye shall be judged" (Matthew 7:1-5)

I donīt honestly think tattoed people need forgiveness. They may need therapy!

Goforgold
07-08-2011, 19:24
While you may not like it, surely you can see that he has done it with pride for his little girl. If only all fathers were as proud of their children to declare it to the general public. rolleyes2:

I totally agree with you, when you say if only all fathers were as proud ....... what's with the rolling eyes though, I don't get that!! :)

rosemary
07-08-2011, 19:25
To be fair, Rosemary, you had the element of attack in your first post. It didnt come across as just a "lets get opinions on this, what do you think?" type thing.
It was more an "I hate this...who's with me?!"
It was doomed from the starrt because you are bound to offend people and those people, rightfully so, will defend themselves.
Perhaps next time just think about things before you post them. There is a thing called "Tact" and I think that that was possibly what was missing from your initial (and succeeding) posts.

Very fair comment!! ;) Except that tact sometimes is ineffective in a debate maybe....

Apollo
07-08-2011, 19:26

I can quite catagorically say, Rosemary, that you....are laughable.

Zara
07-08-2011, 19:29
I totally agree with you, when you say if only all fathers were as proud ....... what's with the rolling eyes though, I don't get that!! :)

No neither do I, it took him so long to roll his eyes I thought it was a frown.

Apollo
07-08-2011, 19:29
Very fair comment!! ;) Except that tact sometimes is ineffective in a debate maybe....

Hadnt seen this before my above comment, but it still stands.
Your lack of tollorance for others is quite disturbing and it has gone somewhat further than a debate when you start claiming that others need therapy for a personal choice.
Again, I re-itterate, tattoos arent for me but who am I to start determining what is and is not acceptable. Anything goes, surely, as long as we arent talking about murderers, paedos, rapists, etc etc.
I still believe that your initiation of this thread was not one done with an open mind, but instead a very closed and slightly aggressive one

rosemary
07-08-2011, 19:49
Hadnt seen this before my above comment, but it still stands.
Your lack of tollorance for others is quite disturbing and it has gone somewhat further than a debate when you start claiming that others need therapy for a personal choice.
Again, I re-itterate, tattoos arent for me but who am I to start determining what is and is not acceptable. Anything goes, surely, as long as we arent talking about murderers, paedos, rapists, etc etc.
I still believe that your initiation of this thread was not one done with an open mind, but instead a very closed and slightly aggressive one

I did ask to be convinced otherwise. It didnīt happen.
But to be fair I am on record as saying live and let live and I do know with absolute certainty that nothing I say on this or any other subject will change peopleīs attitudes. Perhaps a consensus of otherīs opinions may have some effect. We shall never know I guess - whatever, change was not my intention.
I honestly donīt believe I have a "closed mind". But aggression is infectious Apollo - and if it is directed at me I will pick it up. Inevitable. And this subject sure as heck has invited a lot of insecurity and aggression from many posters - hence the "therapy" comment! I guess now is the time for me to bow out and leave the thread to its own devices. I shall step off my soapbox. People have heard enough from me I reckon.

Goforgold
07-08-2011, 19:52
I did ask to be convinced otherwise. It didnīt happen.
But to be fair I am on record as saying live and let live and I do know with absolute certainty that nothing I say on this or any other subject will change peopleīs attitudes. Perhaps a consensus of otherīs opinions may have some effect. We shall never know I guess - whatever, change was not my intention.
I honestly donīt believe I have a "closed mind". But aggression is infectious Apollo - and if it is directed at me I will pick it up. Inevitable. And this subject sure as heck has invited a lot of insecurity and aggression from many posters - hence the "therapy" comment! I guess now is the time for me to bow out and leave the thread to its own devices. I shall step off my soapbox. People have heard enough from me I reckon.

Looking forward to hearing from you with some more very interesting threads please. ;)

carpenter
07-08-2011, 19:56
Goodbye Rosemary

Ed3229
07-08-2011, 20:06
While you may not like it, surely you can see that he has done it with pride for his little girl. If only all fathers were as proud of their children to declare it to the general public. rolleyes2:980

My 19 year old daughter with tatoo who speaks Greek,Spanish,French and good old English she is also a very successful model and TV personality in Greece...........Proud father..........Hell YES :bootyshake:

Muppet
07-08-2011, 21:04
I guess its a personal thing. I also think they can be addictive!

I don't personally find them offensive, if people choose to decorate their bodies, so be it. Certainly no more offensive to me than say...... socks n sandals? lol.

Its so common nowadays, its rare to see unmarked skin!!!

At least you can take socks and sandals off when you get to a certain age, of change the wife :wink2:

marbro8
07-08-2011, 21:57
we have a guy who lives near us and he has the nickname MAD DOG, he has been on jeremy kyle, and he is famous for having his whole face tattooed with a skull:wow:, god knows what his mother thought when she first saw it, but i believe he has done it for notoriety, and just to give you an insight to his mentality when my nephews deliver his pizzas(from a place run by asians) he say's " here is a tip for not being a pakki":ashamed:

9PLUS
07-08-2011, 22:27
I shall step off my soapbox. People have heard enough from me I reckon.

Yes........

willowlily
07-08-2011, 22:57
I donīt honestly think tattoed people need forgiveness. They may need therapy![/QUOTE]

one of the most ridiculous statements i have heard on this forum

imablue
07-08-2011, 23:24
i,ve got a tattoo... whats it got to do with you....

onelegnofeet
08-08-2011, 07:51

I do think your view needs both though .

The Jews had tattoos forced upon them during the war ,many never having them removed and why should they (?)if only to show what they went through and their pride in doing so .According to your statement they shouldnt show them to you !!Sad very sad .

We lost many servicemen during the war ,many i suspect who had tattoos .They gave their lives so you and i had the right to freedom of speech or in this case write with freedom .So you would give up what they fought for ,because they had tattoos .

You probably eat fish ,most trawlermen ,dockers etc have tattoos ,so again i expect you will go into a supermarket and check these tattoo'd men havent touched your selection of fish (??).

Next time someone needs help ,and because of my tattoos i should ask "Is your name Rosemary?" i think not for that would not show any form of christian faith ,be it spiritulist or whatever .

rosemary
08-08-2011, 09:31
I do think your view needs both though .

The Jews had tattoos forced upon them during the war ,many never having them removed and why should they (?)if only to show what they went through and their pride in doing so .According to your statement they shouldnt show them to you !!Sad very sad .

We lost many servicemen during the war ,many i suspect who had tattoos .They gave their lives so you and i had the right to freedom of speech or in this case write with freedom .So you would give up what they fought for ,because they had tattoos .

You probably eat fish ,most trawlermen ,dockers etc have tattoos ,so again i expect you will go into a supermarket and check these tattoo'd men havent touched your selection of fish (??).

Next time someone needs help ,and because of my tattoos i should ask "Is your name Rosemary?" i think not for that would not show any form of christian faith ,be it spiritulist or whatever .

Now you are just being nasty one leg......and very silly.....and you know it.

Goforgold
08-08-2011, 09:39
Now you are just being nasty one foot......and very silly.....and you know it.

If you'd started a thread just asking what people think of tattoos, it would never have got off the ground, at least you've got people posting on the subject and it's made interesting reading!! To get things going sometimes you have to be the devil's advocate as you know ;)

onelegnofeet
08-08-2011, 10:18
Now you are just being nasty one foot......and very silly.....and you know it.

Show me where in my post where "NASTY " comes into it ."Are Tattoo'd people bored ?" They need Therapy" seems to many where nastiness creeps into your thread .Your offended by tattoos and thats fine.My posts point out that you cant possibly make statements like the ones you have without looking at all the facts ,a few of which i have pointed out .
Silliness ...........thats your opinion .But please dont assume that i know it or agree .
Also seem to remember your quote "I would never take the michael out of the disabled "or words to that effect ,not doing a bad job so far "One Foot " and an earlier post on another thread aimed at me "I cant help feeling your name is very apt "...........am i annoyed No not in the least . Am i writing this in a rant No .The thread makes for some intresting views and extremely sweeping statements .
But i note from your last post your basically losing your point as in its self there is no content nor grounds for the statement .

Goforgold
08-08-2011, 10:24
Chill!! ;)

karinagal
08-08-2011, 10:31
Now you are just being nasty one leg......and very silly.....and you know it.

Sorry Rosemary, I don't agree. I think ONLF's observation here is perfectly valid. Unless I read an earlier post of yours differently, you indicated that if you were faced with a choice to accept treatment from a tattoed doctor or one without you'd prefer to be treated by one without. Apologies if I read it wrong, I didn't sleep well last night and haven't the energy to read the whole thread again.

So if I am correct, you are in your own mind 'judging' people with tattoos as foolish, less able or somehow unworthy. Therefore OLNF's observation seems extremely valid. I'll bet you wouldn't be so fussy if you fell overboard from a boat and the big, strong arm that reached for you was covered in tattoos. Or would you......

Ed3229
08-08-2011, 11:16

:bowdown:

rosemary
08-08-2011, 11:29
Show me where in my post where "NASTY " comes into it ."Are Tattoo'd people bored ?" They need Therapy" seems to many where nastiness creeps into your thread .Your offended by tattoos and thats fine.My posts point out that you cant possibly make statements like the ones you have without looking at all the facts ,a few of which i have pointed out .
Silliness ...........thats your opinion .But please dont assume that i know it or agree .
Also seem to remember your quote "I would never take the michael out of the disabled "or words to that effect ,not doing a bad job so far "One Foot " and an earlier post on another thread aimed at me "I cant help feeling your name is very apt "...........am i annoyed No not in the least . Am i writing this in a rant No .The thread makes for some intresting views and extremely sweeping statements .
But i note from your last post your basically losing your point as in its self there is no content nor grounds for the statement .

OK onelegnofeet.
In order of priority:
a. I did initially make a perfectly genuine mistake in your assumed name and I did apologise for that later on. New to the forum. Had no idea the name was for real! I do not, repeat NOT, ever mock the afflicted or disabled - never have, never will. In the last post above I did make another genuine error and I did change the post and I did make a remark later for my reason for editig and it was meant to be light hearted "00ps" cos I also made the mistake of assuming from your own various posts that you had a very relaxed attitude about your name - otherwise I would imagine you would never have chosen to use it on this forum.
b. Therapy. yes I do stand by that comment. I should have qualified it by including the word "some" people who have tattoos may need therapy. Judging by some of the comments made by some of the posters on this thread directed soley at myself, eg.photos of tattoos of Satan on their arms with my name above it.......I leave it for you to judge. I thought - wrongly it seems - that sensible people would know I meant that some extreme cases and not all tattoo lovers may be in need of help. It is after all IMO.
c) Boredom. I still stand by that comment. I have heard people say it when I have asked the question "Why did you do it?". I believe a lot of mistakes have been made by bored people. Tattooes are not easy to rectify and should be done only by the utterly convinced and not on a whim is all I was saying.
d) silly and nasty. I stand by those comments too. You inserted the highly emotive phrase "Jews" and Concentration camps in an attempt to twist my words and deliberately provoke me. Nasty. I married a Jew. Nuff said? Brawny fishermen whose fish I wouldnīt touch . Silly.

You knew exactly what I meant when I said i would choose a non tattooed "spiderman all over his face" surgeon if - IF - I had the choice. To pretend you didnīt is also silly.

If I have caused any deep offence to people on this thread with some of my comments I hereby apologise. It was never my intention to come on this forum to anger or to offend. Annoy a bit.....maybe!

jolfc
08-08-2011, 12:19
What I find offensive are those who are not content to keep these creations to themselves but seem to have a need to display it to others - especially in sunny Tenerife! rolleyes2:[/QUOTE]

I shall be sure to pack my overcoat when I come over tommorrow, :cheeky: I would not want to offend anyone, :D

granny57
08-08-2011, 12:55
i agree it is the best tattoo of all time lol :spin: and one i will miss this year, as for people getting tattoo's i also think it is a personalality thing with some men to see who has the most and best lol me i like the look of most. and does'nt really bother me

rose

onelegnofeet
08-08-2011, 13:31
OK onelegnofeet.
In order of priority:
a. I did initially make a perfectly genuine mistake in your assumed name and I did apologise for that later on. New to the forum. Had no idea the name was for real! I do not, repeat NOT, ever mock the afflicted or disabled - never have, never will. In the last post above I did make another genuine error and I did change the post and I did make a remark later for my reason for editig and it was meant to be light hearted "00ps" cos I also made the mistake of assuming from your own various posts that you had a very relaxed attitude about your name - otherwise I would imagine you would never have chosen to use it on this forum.
b. Therapy. yes I do stand by that comment. I should have qualified it by including the word "some" people who have tattoos may need therapy. Judging by some of the comments made by some of the posters on this thread directed soley at myself, eg.photos of tattoos of Satan on their arms with my name above it.......I leave it for you to judge. I thought - wrongly it seems - that sensible people would know I meant that some extreme cases and not all tattoo lovers may be in need of help. It is after all IMO.
c) Boredom. I still stand by that comment. I have heard people say it when I have asked the question "Why did you do it?". I believe a lot of mistakes have been made by bored people. Tattooes are not easy to rectify and should be done only by the utterly convinced and not on a whim is all I was saying.
d) silly and nasty. I stand by those comments too. You inserted the highly emotive phrase "Jews" and Concentration camps in an attempt to twist my words and deliberately provoke me. Nasty. I married a Jew. Nuff said? Brawny fishermen whose fish I wouldnīt touch . Silly.

You knew exactly what I meant when I said i would choose a non tattooed "spiderman all over his face" surgeon if - IF - I had the choice. To pretend you didnīt is also silly.

If I have caused any deep offence to people on this thread with some of my comments I hereby apologise. It was never my intention to come on this forum to anger or to offend. Annoy a bit.....maybe!

160 posts it took to put in "SOME"...but you did not mean to cause angst.not that you have upset /offended me personally .
Yes i can laugh at my problems ,but imo you knew exactly what you had written when you posted .
Nasty ...still cant see it ,it was neither used to cause you distress ( who knew of your circumstances ) along with other posts it used per example .As per Trawlermen ...SILLY,(who knew you didnt eat fish ) i could easily have used farmer ,butcher shop keeper .
SILLY ...where have i brought up in any of my posts Spiderman ? i have used me per example but not been specific of spiderman .I only post what you have highlighted upon in my posts as i yours .
My sole intention was to point out you cant nor should condemn everyone with a tattoo ,and again after 160 posts you finally put in the word "SOME" .If you dont like me ,fine ,but if you then go onto condemning all tattoed ginger haired people for that ,surely it becomes a tad bigatory .Enough written from me on this one ......

carpenter
08-08-2011, 13:38
OK onelegnofeet.
In order of priority:

Sorry Dr Rosemary, are you yourself qualified to advise on who should and should not receive therapy?
Bored people eh? Well my current tattoo that is just over half way through covers my entire back (and I have a big back) But you speak to most people that know me and they don't even know that I have it.
My last session in the chair lasted 7 hours and believe me that was boring so if I was bored to start with why would I subject myself to more boredom? Oh that's why, because I like tattoos and I wasn't bored to start with!
I'm not a show off, I'm quite a private person and you think that I need therapy. I really don't understand you.
Are you a christian women Rosemary? You don't have to answer that but if you are it just goes to show why so many wars were started because of (in the name of) religion.

“Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes.” Elvis Presley

lozzie1821
08-08-2011, 14:33
Personally i find men with tattoos VERY ATTRACTIVE.... it gives them the sense of toughness and shows that have some creativity about them, Yes i agree there are some ive seen and ive thought "what on earth did you do that for?" OR "Oh my thats just down righ ugly" BUT to the person wearing them they are not ugly and if you take time to get to know the person you find out what the tattooo represeents to that person..

I havent nor will i date a bloke with no tattoos or a desire to get 1.... To me they are boring, weak (as in 2 scared) and welll obviously we would have nothing in common..

Rosemary you can dislike tattooos all you like - you are not alone im sure but that does not give you the right to assume things about people... you can offend people quicker with words than a tattooo believe me....

Davie Thistle
08-08-2011, 15:06
.......ayp, I likes the tatooooos,
But not on females!!!
total turn off!!!

:crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
08-08-2011, 15:39
Sheep have tattoos don't they ?

Angusjim
08-08-2011, 15:43
Personally i find men with tattoos VERY ATTRACTIVE.... it gives them the sense of toughness and shows that have some creativity about them, Yes i agree there are some ive seen and ive thought "what on earth did you do that for?" OR "Oh my thats just down righ ugly" BUT to the person wearing them they are not ugly and if you take time to get to know the person you find out what the tattooo represeents to that person..

I havent nor will i date a bloke with no tattoos or a desire to get 1.... To me they are boring, weak (as in 2 scared) and welll obviously we would have nothing in common..

Rosemary you can dislike tattooos all you like - you are not alone im sure but that does not give you the right to assume things about people... you can offend people quicker with words than a tattooo believe me....

So let me get this right you can assume things about someone who has not got an tattoo but no one can assume things about someone with tattoos :dontknow:

Goforgold
08-08-2011, 15:56
Guess, I've always liked the boring weak ones then :(

lozzie1821
08-08-2011, 16:22
So let me get this right you can assume things about someone who has not got an tattoo but no one can assume things about someone with tattoos :dontknow:

i dont assume what i think is the truth its the impression i get from people with/without tattooss... I happen to know blokes without tattoos who are genuinely lovely guys but for me they are just not attractive and having a tattoo is a big tick in my box.

Sundowner
08-08-2011, 16:25
I am one of the boring weak ones without a tatoo..................there is a lot of Horlicks about tatoos on here. Tatoos are a personal choice, I choose not to, it does not make me better or worse than someone who chooses to have them...............end of.

lozzie1821
08-08-2011, 16:26
Guess, I've always liked the boring weak ones then :(

i see ive wrote isnt coming across correctly
... I dont for 1 second think that a tatoo will make someone stronger than someone without one... thats obviously is not the case. Just like a tatoo doesnt make you boring or not...
When you find someone attractive i guess 1st impressions count & like ive said a tatoo me is an attractive part of a person......

Suej
08-08-2011, 16:29
i dont assume what i think is the truth its the impression i get from people with/without tattooss... I happen to know blokes without tattoos who are genuinely lovely guys but for me they are just not attractive and having a tattoo is a big tick in my box.

Totally opposite for me lozzie...we are all so different about how we like to look ourselves and how we like others to look, nowt as queer as folk!:)

carpenter
08-08-2011, 16:30
... I dont for 1 second think that a tatoo will make someone stronger than someone without one... thats obviously is not the case. Just like a tatoo doesnt make you boring or not...
When you find someone attractive i guess 1st impressions count & like ive said a tatoo me is an attractive part of a person......

I understand you Lozzie don't let these guys back you into a corner, Your personal choice is with tattoo and you are not asking all un-tattooed blokes to cover up are you. Cos that would be wrong....:whistle:

lozzie1821
08-08-2011, 16:41
I understand you Lozzie don't let these guys back you into a corner, Your personal choice is with tattoo and you are not asking all un-tattooed blokes to cover up are you. Cos that would be wrong....:whistle:

Yes thats it!! How simple was that!!!:spin:

Gotta admit then enjoyment of a tattoo goes alot deeper than just looking nice... as stated in a previous post Revenge in a tatoo is sweet!!! VERY SWEET!! :cheeky::cheeky:

Harmonicaman
08-08-2011, 16:44
18 pages of horse manure! Have a tattoo...don't have a tattoo. Simples!:)

carpenter
08-08-2011, 16:51

Exactly Snr mouth organ, Now if you'd be so kind to tell Rosemary then we can all talk about something else

Goforgold
08-08-2011, 16:52

I was just having some lighhearted fun - I don't take the thread seriously, it was just interesting to read people's opinions. As we all really know deep down, it's what suits each individual.

Tattoos don't make anyone stronger or weaker - it's the personality that does that. :)

But then it would make for a boring Forum - and after all aren't we trying to make it interesting ?!! ;)

onelegnofeet
08-08-2011, 17:00

18 PAGES .........least the horse will have something to wipe its @rse on !!!lol

willowlily
08-08-2011, 17:17
reading through this thread has been interesting and educational but after speaking with people in the uk they tell me that it is illegal to tattoo on the face, is the law different in tenerife, also they tell me very few tattooist will work on skin with the numbing cream/gel as it toughens the skin making it harder for the tattooist to get a defined edge, can also cause infection delaying healing of the tattoo
can anybody enlighten me on these points

carpenter
08-08-2011, 17:27
reading through this thread has been interesting and educational but after speaking with people in the uk they tell me that it is illegal to tattoo on the face, is the law different in tenerife, also they tell me very few tattooist will work on skin with the numbing cream/gel as it toughens the skin making it harder for the tattooist to get a defined edge, can also cause infection delaying healing of the tattoo
can anybody enlighten me on these points

That's not quite true about the face, Many tattoo artists chose not to tattoo the hands or face there was only a couple of places that you could get it done (London and Brighton I think) but now it is widespread. As far as I can remember it had something to do with only tattooing parts of the body that could be covered. I'm probably wrong.....
Numbing cream?????? What the hell is that?? Preparation H or something?? If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen

dede
08-08-2011, 20:22
1008 I wonder if rosemary thinks my little jessie needs therapy as she has her own little tattoo in her ear. It says VC for victoria cross :laugh:

MaxineC
09-08-2011, 00:34
I don't have tattoos or piercings, not even my ears.... I love being unique! :D

However, i have enjoyed reading 19 pages of people getting so wound up over other peoples opinions... Highly entertaining! :rofl:

Goforgold
09-08-2011, 07:47
I don't have tattoos or piercings, not even my ears.... I love being unique! :D

However, i have enjoyed reading 19 pages of people getting so wound up over other peoples opinions... Highly entertaining! :rofl:

It was a great thread wasn't it?!! :) Good to see you back on the forum. :)

missSJ
09-08-2011, 19:02
I guess it was once cool..for rock stars, sailors and rebels, but now everyone seems to have one! If fact i get asked why i donīt have one!! Think it looks ugly, i hope itīs out of fashion when my little girl grows up!

marbro8
09-08-2011, 21:05
i wonder what the tattoo snobs would think if banks'y tattooed someones arm? would it then become art?;)

missSJ
10-08-2011, 18:52
I think some people if theyīve thought about it properly choose to have an original tattoo and it can look good. But what i hate are the fashion tattoos that people have just because everyone else it. Like the tribal "art", chinse writing, David Beckham cross on the shoulders, the cheryl cole scrible on the side of the hand...young men now having tattoos on the neck (yuk! Looks like they just got out of prison!) Choose something original and itīs cool!

onelegnofeet
10-08-2011, 19:12
i wonder what the tattoo snobs would think if banks'y tattooed someones arm? would it then become art?;)

The Japanese have for quite a few years bought tattoo'd skin which is then frame mounted ............

MaxineC
10-08-2011, 21:42
The Japanese have for quite a few years bought tattoo'd skin which is then frame mounted ............

Wahay, OL is back... got tired of the dark side ;) :rofl: I missed you xx

lozzie1821
10-08-2011, 22:14
I think some people if theyīve thought about it properly choose to have an original tattoo and it can look good. But what i hate are the fashion tattoos that people have just because everyone else it. Like the tribal "art", chinse writing, David Beckham cross on the shoulders, the cheryl cole scrible on the side of the hand...young men now having tattoos on the neck (yuk! Looks like they just got out of prison!) Choose something original and itīs cool!

my ex has his older daughters names on the side of his neck, i like it but i totally agree that they can and most do look like they have got out of jail but he has never set foot in one... thank god!!!

i have J <3 L on my left hand where my thumb is.... gotta admit that was simply coz i got the urge 2 have a tatoo coudnt think of anything so just walked into my mates shop with summit in my head and he did it there and then..

i HATE the chiniese symbols (sorry 2 those of you who have them!!)

cheery
11-08-2011, 16:06
i have J <3 L on my left hand where my thumb is.... gotta admit that was simply coz i got the urge 2 have a tatoo coudnt think of anything so just walked into my mates shop with summit in my head and he did it there and then..

:doh: :redcard:

lozzie1821
14-08-2011, 20:21
:doh: :redcard:

It did benefit me in the long run lol.. i loved my partner and decided 2 get a dedication to him on my hand... ive done it in such a way unless u actually know what it says you cant tell its a J or an L on my hand... just looks like a pattern.