PDA

View Full Version : Presentation - CD Tenerife vs Las Palmas 14th August 2011at 6pm

Fred Perry
05-08-2011, 13:18
Official Presentation Match

SUNDAY 14TH AUGUST - kick off 6pm

CD TENERIFE vs UD LAS PALMAS

COACH
TOBY JUG - 3.30pm
ROYAL OAK - 3.30pm

YOUNG GOLFER
05-08-2011, 13:30
Well that's not too bad a time ....Fred do you think there will be any away fans for this match?.

Fred Perry
05-08-2011, 13:46
Well, not sure as there are no ferrys back to Gran Canaria that night (last ones are at 7.30pm)
One thing though is that Monday 15th is a bank holiday.
You are bound to get some Las Palmas make the trip for a few days as part of their holiday but coming over as a mob (Ultras etc) I very much doubt it.

The same night the "SuperCup Final" Spainīs version of the charity shield takes place between Real Madrid & FC Barcelona. That kicks off at 9pm so we should be back about 9.15pm.

Should be a good night but letīs be honest will not have the same passion as a league derby game.

bonitatime
05-08-2011, 18:39
Slowly the players we dont want are going which should make for a better night. Natalio just rescinded his contract.

Fred Perry
13-08-2011, 11:51
Tenerife lost last night in Las Palmas 3-0 in the first leg of the Trophy. Bad result but it can almost be expected. 14 new signings, playing away against a settled team in a higher division. Tenerife had one player sent off, Victor Bravo, and both managers were also sent off as the "friendly" saw both benches fronting each other.
Could be a spicy encounter tomorrow in the Heliodoro although it would be a special night if the blanquiazules could pull the result around.

Oasis FM will be broadcasting the match live from 6pm and as a special guest they will have the injured Pablo Sicilia (he speaks good English) and I will also help with commentary with Roscoe.

KirstyJay
14-08-2011, 13:38
You should do the commentary from Grada Gol. :lol:

I have to take a box of Viz's to the Oak, so I'll probably get on the bus there.

Fred Perry
14-08-2011, 14:30
You should do the commentary from Grada Gol. :lol:

I have to take a box of Viz's to the Oak, so I'll probably get on the bus there.

I didīnt think you were going! I can squeeze you on but COACH NOW SOLD OUT

I am going to wait until we are half way up the TF1 motorway and I have taken everyones money to tell them that we are 3-0 down from the 1st leg :D

bonitatime
14-08-2011, 20:45
It was a better game with the team stringing passes together. There were shots at goal and the defence looked more solid. It was great to be back in the Heliodoro and I for one am excited about next Sundays game.

Fred Perry
15-08-2011, 11:23
Narrow defeat for Tenerife which was on the whole undeserved. The first half an hour was dominated by the blanquiazules, should have been at least two goals to the good (hit post, various chances). The new players are starting to fit in to a game plan but slightly worryingly it may be a good few weeks yet before we see the real Tenerife side.
2nd half was more disjointed, many substitutions used, Las Palmas improved and scored their great free-kick goal. Still chances were created by Tenerife, which I suppose is the main thing but we just could not find the back of the net. Dissapointing to not score again and to lose to local rivals but the performance was encouraging.

redarrow
15-08-2011, 11:41
Difficult to see how it's going to shape up, although we should feel a little more positive. It seems another silly foul in a dangerous area was our downfall. Tarantino is a bit dodgy, going on what I heard on Oasis (who was that third commentator?).

Pre-season doesn't look too good on paper, but nevertheless the signings of Marcos Rodriguez and Kitoko should give us a bit more edge.

bonitatime
15-08-2011, 13:11
I have seen all the preseason games on Tenerife and was pleased by last nights game. The squad looked much more cohesive with passes being strung together. If you compare last nights game with the one against Granadilla we have come a long way. Tarantino wasn't good last night but like everyone needs a chance to adapt. We are still looking for a forward, a right winger and one more player to fit the needs according to Cordero.
Firstly we need to be rid of the last three left from last year but hopefully that will happen this week.