PDA

View Full Version : ALWAYS...carry a bottle of water.

YOUNG GOLFER
05-08-2011, 13:45
I guess many will know over here it is now nice and hot...however how many people carry a bottle of water with them whilst going for a walk or even going for a drive in the car.

Talking with a good friend of mine who is a Doctor here i was surprised by how many calls he gets from Patients only to find they are dehydrated.

SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL DRINK LOT'S OF WATER. MORE SO IF PLAYING SPORTS....OR DRINKING ALCOHOL;)

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 13:48
Always do YG never leave home without one and that's here in UK !!! Wise words

timmylish
05-08-2011, 15:03
Always have two in the car, one for the dug and one for us!

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 15:05
Always have two in the car, one for the dug and one for us!

You can't forget the dug!! :) - err, what is a dug? ;)

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 15:15

a cross between a car rug and a pet dog. They're all the rage !:D do not saturate !

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 15:26
a cross between a car rug and a pet dog. They're all the rage !:D do not saturate !

When is a Dug not a Dug, when it's a Rug!! ;)

Do not saturate!! You're ARE on form today MM!! :)

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 15:40
When is a Dug not a Dug, when it's a Rug!! ;)

Do not saturate!! You're ARE on form today MM!! :)

always on form - just wish I could stay on topic !!!

also these dug rugs - if they are anything like the scarf I bought from matalan you have to wash inside out !

Yup it really did say that on the label ! :rofl:

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 15:59
always on form - just wish I could stay on topic !!!

also these dug rugs - if they are anything like the scarf I bought from matalan you have to wash inside out !

Yup it really did say that on the label ! :rofl:

..................:rofl:....................... ;)

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 16:01
ok sorry YG back to the water - serious thread now !:sorry:

Happy Days
05-08-2011, 16:34
Amazed how many people don't. Took the dogs to the lighthouse at Palm Mar one Sunday Morning. Two bottles of water, one for me and one for the dogs.

When I got to the lighthouse, and it was red hot, there was a family there with two young kids. The mother (looking a bit desparate) asked me where there was a shop becuse they were all very, very thirsty! To be honest they looked ill.

I gave them one of mine, but to be honest I wasn't too impressed. My dogs can't go without water - so i had too :(

caroletenerife
05-08-2011, 17:38

dug is glaswegian for dog x

YOUNG GOLFER
05-08-2011, 18:35
Symptoms of Dehydration
Here are some of the symptoms that you need more water:

* Dark Urine – Dark Yellow or Orange in Color: Urine is generally pale yellow to clear when you have sufficient water intake. Dark color or smell strong indicates that you need to drink more water.
* Dry Skin: Skin is the largest body organ and requires its share of water.
* Thirst: Thirst is the most obvious sign that you're already dehydrated. It is always a good practice to drink more water when your are not thirsty, don’t wait until you're thirsty.
* Hunger: Most people mistaken hungry is the indication to eat more, whereas in actual fact, you may be dehydrated. So before you have your meal, grab a glass of water.
* Fatigue: Water is a source of energy, give you a boost in energy.

Dehydration
The Harmful Effects Result from Dehydration:

* Tiredness
* Migraine
* Constipation
* Muscle cramps
* Irregular blood-pressure
* Kidney problems
* Dry skin
* 20% dehydrated – Risk of death

Now some plus points on drinking water.

You will be amazed of the benefits of drinking water as follow:
Benefits of Drinking Water

1. Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories. Here are the further details on how to achieve fat loss by drinking water.
2. Natural Remedy for Headache: Helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration. Although there are many other reasons contribute to headache, dehydration is the common one.
3. Look Younger with Healthier Skin: You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increase skin elasticity.
4. Better Productivity at Work: Your brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrate.
5. Better Exercise: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. You’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises and water helps to fuel your muscle.
6. Helps in Digestion and Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion. Fiber and water goes hand in hand so that you can have your daily bowel movement.
7. Less Cramps and Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains.
8. Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel Healthy: Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu and other ailments like kidney stones and heart attack. Water adds with lemon is used for ailments like respiratory disease, intestinal problems, rheumatism and arthritis etc. Another words one of the benefits of drinking water can improve our immune system. Follow this link for further information on how lemon water can improve your health.
9. Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks of water, your heart, for instance, need to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so are you.
10. Good Mood: Your body feels very good and that’s why you feel happy.
11. Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining.

Not sure about you guys but the last thing i have at night before bed is a glass of water.
Also the first thing i do in the Morning.

Right i am of to the shop to buy another bottle.:):)

warbey
05-08-2011, 19:28
I have always taken Water with Me when going Out for a while taking Photographs. I carry it in a bum Bag with a Handkerchief and a couple of sweets.
my O.H. used to take the Mick but I persevered doing it.
Over the Years She has always drunk more than Me from this source.
This is something else We do automaticlly now.

Anyone with Kids, this is a MUST. for Them. Thanks to Y.G. for reminding us.

Ecky Thump
05-08-2011, 21:04
Its far safer to carry and drink a bottle of Whisky opposed to a bottle of water....Why?

Drop a worm in a bottle of water and the worm will swim happily about.

Drop a worm in a bottle of Whisky and the worm dies.

The moral of the story is...Drink Whisky and you will never suffer from worms!:D

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 21:45

Oh Carol Sorry I didn't know - hope I didn't cause offense :sorry:

junglejim
06-08-2011, 11:47

Aye - amongst other things !!:dog::grufalo::pig:

offshore diver
08-08-2011, 14:37
i always carry bottles of water ,here when im out otherwise i come down with a headache