PDA

View Full Version : Claiming unemployment benefit in Tenerife

ednikk
05-08-2011, 16:56
I recently find myself in need of claiming unemployment in Tenerife, a few things have got me stumped; it asks for Libro de Familia does anyone know the equivalent in english?
Also the formula E-320 and E-301?
Would be grateful for any assistance.

Loaded
05-08-2011, 18:14
Proof of birth of your children I guess would be a substitute for libro de familia, don't know about the rest

KirstyJay
05-08-2011, 19:11
The Libro de Familia, is, as loaded said, proof of birth... but not like a birth certificate. In Spain, when you have a child each child is entered on its own page on the Libro de Familia, or 'Family Book'. It basically lists the members of your family.

If you have kids that were not born here, then I would guess that you'd need to take down their birth certificates, however you may need to get them officially translated to use them first. Check with the unemployment office to see if they'll do, or maybe drop member, Goldenmaniac, a PM. She may be able to clarify for you exactly what you need :)

timmylish
05-08-2011, 23:35
Please be aware that there is a very short time period from the date of termination of employment to your filling in the forms and getting them accepted and stamped.

Goldenmaniac
06-08-2011, 11:26
Yes your children's birth certificates will suffice,sometimes in a situation where only one parent has custody for whatever reason they may also ask you for a certificate of conviviencia which you get from your town hall - it shows who lives with who.

The E320 & E301 have been replaced by U number forms - what benefit are you claiming?

Normally speaking these E or U forms are proof of contributions paid in other European member states, but the request for them comes from the originating state ie not an individual - you should have signed a form which gave Spain permission to contact UK and get the form they need.

You can ring the Pension, Benefit and Healthcare Team in Spain base in the Consulate in Malaga. Contact them on 952 35 23 00, option 1, 6. They will be able to advise in the UK documentation part of your claim.

If your application form was stamped then your claim is dated on that day, BUT on the back page some boxes were ticked for missing items then you have so many days to return with those documents - it will normally be written in that section how long you have to do that - HOWEVER documents from the UK take an enormously long time and Spain knows that. Make sure if you receive any documentation AT ALL that you can read it or have it read to you, as if your claim is refused for lack of documentation you must go to INEM in and request an extension IN WRITING so that the continuity of the claim goes on and the payments will be backdated.
and yes you have 15 days from your last date of work to present your claim. You can present it later but the missed days are docked from your payments.