PDA

View Full Version : No Spare Wheel

woodchip68
05-08-2011, 20:15
The law in sPAIN states i must have "a spare wheel, inflated and the tools necessary to change it". I am bringing my Ferrari to Tenerife this month and as with alot of modern sports cars there is no spare or a place to put one. It does however have an inflator and run flat tyres. How do I stand with the ITV or the law on this?

timmylish
05-08-2011, 23:26
Where cars are concerned the law is whatever it says in the Fecha Technica. So, if your car passes it ITV then that is that. However before getting to the ITV Station I would strongly advise seeking their opinions, on the qt! There are, after all, new Ferraris here!

atlantico
05-08-2011, 23:34
We (girlfiend) bought a brand new Fiesta which had no spare either. The MOT law says if you don;t have one, thats OK but if you have a flat or bald one , thets illegal !

I think theres a chance that if you have run flat tyres and/or one of those instant repair spray cans, you'll be OK

timmylish
05-08-2011, 23:43
Atlantico. Can I ask you which Fiesta you bought as I,ve never bothered looking at Mrs.T. new Fiesta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doreen
05-08-2011, 23:47
I drive a car with run flat tyres and no spare - am not expecting problems when it ages and I have to do an ITV ... and a red Ferrari zooms by my house almost daily (lovely sound)

TIS
06-08-2011, 00:13
My Renault cabriolet has spray can to fill the tyre, from new, and never been queried in the ITV, which was redone only a few months ago.

anegib
06-08-2011, 11:14
When I went for ITV for the first time was surprised they never opened the boot to check the spare tyre. Subsequent ITV's later never once have they checked the spare.
This post has reminded me to check it myself had completely forgotten about it!