PDA

View Full Version : I chose Tenerife because...

woodchip68
05-08-2011, 22:30
Theres so many different types of landscapes on one island, good food, fantastic diving and all the sun you could ever want.

Sal
05-08-2011, 22:34
The best place we have ever been and come back year after year and plan to move over eventually.

Can't honestly put my finger on what makes it so special - it just is! Love it!

sunspot
05-08-2011, 23:21
When i wake up the sun in smiling at me,the food all over the island is fabulous,the spanish or Canarian people are really lovely,the working hours suit me fine,some long days,some a couple of hours, i just love Tenerife and also,dare i say it,my ciggies are 6.99 for 200.......................:smoking:

kingbaker
05-08-2011, 23:33
When i wake up the sun in smiling at me,the food all over the island is fabulous,the spanish or Canarian people are really lovely,the working hours suit me fine,some long days,some a couple of hours, i just love Tenerife and also,dare i say it,my ciggies are 6.99 for 200.......................:smoking:

Yep Sunspot Deffo one of the cheapest places to get EMPHYSEMA allright. I hope you have Health Insurance.

sunspot
05-08-2011, 23:39
Yep Sunspot Deffo one of the cheapest places to get EMPHYSEMA allright. I hope you have Health Insurance.

Dont worry about that ringwormer,first thing i sorted when we arrived on the island,now im off outside for a quick puff

Santiago
06-08-2011, 14:17
I chose Tenerife because my friend wanted to go to Menorca but we couldn't arrange flights both ways so we "settled" for Tenerife instead. That was 1974 and have been coming here ever since.

Medman
06-08-2011, 18:25
We have been coming to Tenerife (PDLA) for about 14 years now, once or twice every year. We love the weather (never seen rain) the food is fantastic but the main thing is the live music at night. Not just your solo acts and duos miming to discs but honest hard working 3,4 and 5 piece live bands. :tiphat: Having said that there are some of the best entertainers in Europe working on the island. Majorca, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus etc are just not at the races when it comes to evening entertainment. Probably would never move full time but when we retire we will be coming months at a time. And it's got a great Forum........ :laugh:

debi
08-08-2011, 21:54
I chose Tenerife because...

I like the sun, I like the people, I like the food but also a big factor for me coming on my own with my 2 daughters (most of the time) I feel safe.

I have been coming for about 12 years now I feel instantly relaxed from the minute I land. :)

canarianchicken
09-08-2011, 02:46
Tenerife is my life and my life is in Tenerife. I have lived here for 15 years and holidayed here for 12 years before that. I love my adopted home, my adopted language and i have learned, painfully and slowly that .... "When in Rome etc .... "

I no longer get angry when people natter from their cars in the street, I do it myself.
I park like a loony
I leave the s off the end of almost every Spanish Word
and I no longer hunt down Cheddar Cheese or British Bacon.
I no longer pay a fly guy for Illegal British TV

I really love my life, it has been a long process, but if I wanted all things British, I should never have left blighty in the first place.

Tenerife Amable para mi, para siempre!

chifleta
09-08-2011, 16:36
Tenerife is my life and my life is in Tenerife. I have lived here for 15 years and holidayed here for 12 years before that. I love my adopted home, my adopted language and i have learned, painfully and slowly that .... "When in Rome etc .... "

I no longer get angry when people natter from their cars in the street, I do it myself.
I park like a loony
I leave the s off the end of almost every Spanish Word
and I no longer hunt down Cheddar Cheese or British Bacon.
I no longer pay a fly guy for Illegal British TV

I really love my life, it has been a long process, but if I wanted all things British, I should never have left blighty in the first place.

Tenerife Amable para mi, para siempre!

Couldn't have said it better myself..... I initially chose Tenerife because my Canarian man asked me to move here with him, and nearly 20 years later, he hasn't let me down :) ..... in 4 years time i'm going to officially say i'm half Canarian half English/Scottish/Canadian(the Canadian bit cannot be confirmed as it's only what my nan said LOL) ... i just love love love con todo mi alma esta isla bonita and i'm lucky to have such a wonderful Canarian family who welcomed me :welcome: with open arms and plenty of potaje and pescado encebollado.

lozzie1821
11-08-2011, 14:21
I chose tenerife because its all im used to.... I grew up here :-) Now i have children i couldnt think of a better place to raise my family

Pooh
11-08-2011, 15:16
I (we) chose (North) Tenerife since, after having investigated, traveled to, and in some cases lived in, Central America, SouthEast Asia, Caribbean, and a number of places around the Mediterranean, (North) Tenerife offered the best combination of Climate, Beauty, and Civilization suitable for us.

MaxineC
13-08-2011, 20:08
It has many of the things I want for a perfect life...

Santiago
31-08-2011, 22:45
It has many of the things I want for a perfect life...

And, it has the Forum.Org :bowdown: