PDA

View Full Version : Why do thread titles get changed?

Sal
05-08-2011, 22:37
Have you ever posted a thread and somebody has decided to change the title?

Why is that? :dontknow:

captain jack sparrow
05-08-2011, 22:43
I think the slodgefather has something to do with that sal :laugh:

often to correct the grammar and make them read correctly. appologies if im wrong slodge

dokgolf
05-08-2011, 22:47
Yep, the mods change them to clarify the content of the thread ( in their opinion!):D

Harmonicaman
05-08-2011, 22:51
I sometimes call a thread cotton...

Sal
05-08-2011, 22:53
I think the slodgefather has something to do with that sal :laugh:

often to correct the grammar and make them read correctly. appologies if im wrong slodge

So mods are more intellectual than us common posters?

doreen
05-08-2011, 22:54
Do you remember threads before (adding) on the Tenerife Forum in what were called the Good Old Days (adding) in Tenerife ... SEO they said :D

Mostly changes do clarify what the thread is about, rather than just "Help!" or such like :)

Sal
05-08-2011, 22:59
Sometimes I think when I have posted a thread with a succinct title, somebody changes it to a complicated and not always to the point title.

It almost puts me off posting new threads.

Ian55
05-08-2011, 23:09
We sometimes change the title to reflect it better, sometimes we get it wrong, but we are only human , If you feel we have changed the title wrongly please send a 'Help ticket' with a quick note to say whats wrong and the Admin team will look at it.

doreen
05-08-2011, 23:11
Sometimes I think when I have posted a thread with a succinct title, somebody changes it to a complicated and not always to the point title.

It almost puts me off posting new threads.

We are the listening forum these days, so do please report the first post of the thread if you are not happy with the new title :)

slodgedad
06-08-2011, 00:55
Chat threads are usually left alone, but information threads or Property threads do get edited.

The main reason is that we want the info available to everyone, not just Forum members.

If a thread title read 'Flat Torviscas wanted' then only TF members would see it, if they could be bothered to open it.

If the title read 'Apartment wanted in Torviscas, Tenerife' then not only do Forum members see it but the whole world on google.

KirstyJay
06-08-2011, 02:07
If the title read 'Apartment wanted in Torviscas, Tenerife' then not only do Forum members see it but the whole world on google.Could not have said it better myself. Basically a thread's title is changed to either describe the thread content better, or to get it a better response. Via SEO or other members, it does not matter... either way, it is ultimately to help the OP.

wahay
06-08-2011, 13:22
i posted a thread the other week and specific put opp sunday market and the opp sunday market was removed , which then confuzzed people, regarding the certain bar

MaxineC
09-08-2011, 01:10
It's one of my biggest bug bears... irritates the crap out of me!