PDA

View Full Version : Opening new windows in Google Chrome

dokgolf
05-08-2011, 22:45
I recently converted to Google Chrome and after a few teething problems ( thanks to CNS and Slodge) everything was going well. Now, however, I've noticed that whenever I open a new window (2nd window), this window is incrementally opening more and more to the right of my screen, so much so, that I cant now close it or minimise it by using the little red "X" or minus sign because they have disappeared. Can anyone suggest a remedy please?:(

timmylish
05-08-2011, 22:54
Don,t open so many windows. Not needed if you have Windows 7, Vista or XP (surely you have one?), just open new tabs within the same window. Top left hand corner shows what site you are on. Just to the right a small plus signs shows. Click on that and a new tab opens up.

dokgolf
05-08-2011, 23:02
Yeah, I know I can do that, its just I will have to break the habit of a lifetime in doing it the other way. Still doesn't explain why this is happening though:confused:

Greg
06-08-2011, 17:46
click on the chrome bit at the top of the window then drag and drop it until it's centred on the screen. Simples.:wink2:

Suej
06-08-2011, 18:38
Yeah, I know I can do that, its just I will have to break the habit of a lifetime in doing it the other way. Still doesn't explain why this is happening though:confused:

Dokgolf! maybe the chrome just needs cleaning! try some lemons!:cheeky::wave:

dokgolf
06-08-2011, 18:53
Dokgolf! maybe the chrome just needs cleaning! try some lemons!:cheeky::wave:

You cheeky sod! :D

Actually, I was round in the sister in laws place last weekend. Guess what we had to eat........ Yorkshire bloody puds:(. I nearly got sick!

Suej
06-08-2011, 20:48
You cheeky sod! :D

Actually, I was round in the sister in laws place last weekend. Guess what we had to eat........ Yorkshire bloody puds:(. I nearly got sick!

LOL!!!:laugh: with or without lemon? Did they smell nice?

dokgolf
06-08-2011, 20:51
LOL!!!:laugh: with or without lemon? Did they smell nice?

They smelled a lot nicer than the things I took out of the oven. ( I've gone off topic again, don't tell GFG!):sorry:

Goforgold
06-08-2011, 21:22
They smelled a lot nicer than the things I took out of the oven. ( I've gone off topic again, don't tell GFG!):sorry:

Still no quiche!! :( either with or without lemons!! :(

Added after 2 minutes:

Now I like the set up of Google Chrome, I'm trying it again as we speak, but the type face is too small - if I increase it, then the buttons at the top of the page go jumbled up. So it's back to Firefox. :(

dokgolf
06-08-2011, 22:05
Still no quiche!! :( either with or without lemons!! :(

Added after 2 minutes:

Now I like the set up of Google Chrome, I'm trying it again as we speak, but the type face is too small - if I increase it, then the buttons at the top of the page go jumbled up. So it's back to Firefox. :(

Sue must have intercepted that quiche!:dontknow:

I'm happy enough with Chrome, its certainly much faster than IE. I might give Firefox a try again. Can't remember exactly why i didn't like it the last time.

dokgolf
25-08-2011, 11:54
Thanks everyone for the previous suggestions but I'm now having the problem of the "initial" Chrome window moving slightly to the right every time i open the browser. Its now getting to the stage where the "X" to close the window is nearly out of sight? Again, any help would be gratefully received!:(

markcuk
25-08-2011, 12:08
try this

Close all Chrome browsers.
Now open a Chrome browser. Shrink it to windowed mode - meaning not maximized or minimized but a window.
Drag the top bottom left right margins of window to the edge of your monitor screen.
Now close the Chrome browser.
Now it s/b fixed.

Open a new browser. Open a second browser. Your second browser should appear as your first browser now.
You can maximize your browser and it should work fine now

or this

Alt-tab to get the offending application as the active application in windows
Go to the taskbar and right click on the application and choose ‘Move’
You cursor will now changes shape to one with arrows at each corner. Now just use your arrow keys to move the hidden app to where you can see it, and the problem is solved!

or this

What I did was unlock my taskbar, move it to the right and then move it back to the bottom. And this fixed the problem(this one seemed to get the most votes for fixing the problem)

seems to be a common problem

dokgolf
26-08-2011, 19:32
Many thanks Mark. My taskbar wasn't locked so I've now locked it. So far so good, the page doesn't seem to have moved (yet!). Thanks for the help,
DOK

Sal
26-08-2011, 19:53
I have no problems with Chrome and opening new tabs. I have Vista.