PDA

View Full Version : Can I put a box of chocolates in hand luggage?

jolfc
06-08-2011, 02:52
We are bringing some chocolates :yum: for someone when we come on tuesday are we able to put them in the hand luggage or would it have to be in hold luggage. I have had a little read on the terms and conditions of Jet2 and looked at directgov and am not any the wiser . Many thanks for any help.

Goforgold
06-08-2011, 07:26
You'll be able to put them in hand luggage. I would have to put them in the hold as they would be eaten before landing!!

jolfc
06-08-2011, 07:30
thanks for that, its just a bit confusing as if you take baby food you have to eat some at security???? did not know if it is the same with all food stuffs.

ebony
06-08-2011, 08:02
I always come back from UK with loads of choccie in my hand luggage (all the nice bits you can't get here ) and have have my hand luggae searched on plenty of occassions - and they have never had a problem with it - usually just get funny looks as to why my luggage pratically only contains chocolate and dog toys/sweets

Jackie
06-08-2011, 08:13
My husband always brings loads of bigs bars of Cadbury's chocolate out for us, it's so expensive here. If you can put it in your hold luggage because it will be kept in 'colder' conditions

Ecky Thump
06-08-2011, 08:25
My husband always brings loads of bigs bars of Cadbury's chocolate out for us, it's so expensive here. If you can put it in your hold luggage because it will be kept in 'colder' conditions

While we are talking about chocolates and sweets, when I am over in October will the shops have the lovely marzipan sweets in stock, I ask this because in the past they have mainly been on sale closer to the Christmas period.:yum::yum:

doreen
06-08-2011, 08:28
Yes, chocs okay ... but as mentioned better in cooler conditions of the hold :)

I'm on a travel forum, and one person did complain that Security took away his M&S mashed potato dish, claiming it was mostly liquid (which is their criteria for asking you to taste baby food, because it is usually in a liquid form)

karinagal
06-08-2011, 09:06
Yes, chocs okay ... but as mentioned better in cooler conditions of the hold :)

I'm on a travel forum, and one person did complain that Security took away his M&S mashed potato dish, claiming it was mostly liquid (which is their criteria for asking you to taste baby food, because it is usually in a liquid form)

Aha, so it's the liquid content that worries them... Phew! I have an order to fill - a 'care' package if you will - I've to bring: haggis, tattie scones, square sausage and black pudding with me....! This will be fun at security!!!! :p

Jackie
06-08-2011, 09:09
While we are talking about chocolates and sweets, when I am over in October will the shops have the lovely marzipan sweets in stock, I ask this because in the past they have mainly been on sale closer to the Christmas period.:yum::yum:

Sorry Ecky I don't have a clue, Marzipan is the one and only thing that I can't stand, even refused to have it on my wedding cake lol

jolfc
06-08-2011, 10:40
Aha, so it's the liquid content that worries them... Phew! I have an order to fill - a 'care' package if you will - I've to bring: haggis, tattie scones, square sausage and black pudding with me....! This will be fun at security!!!! :p

Do you not put that in hold luggage, as we thought about sausage to bring with us ( Billy has to have low fat, our butcher does them specially for him) and did not know if you can take meat, :D

karinagal
06-08-2011, 11:19
Do you not put that in hold luggage, as we thought about sausage to bring with us ( Billy has to have low fat, our butcher does them specially for him) and did not know if you can take meat, :D

Problem is, we only take hand luggage.....

Leam_Lin
06-08-2011, 17:30
Last year in our hand luggage we had some mature cheddar cheese still in the seal from the shop, on searching through & finding it, security said thats ok, you can take hard cheese but not soft cheeses or butter.

Bazz
06-08-2011, 18:02
Last year in our hand luggage we had some mature cheddar cheese still in the seal from the shop, on searching through & finding it, security said thats ok, you can take hard cheese but not soft cheeses or butter.

I think they make up their own rules as they go along, depends who you get. At my local airport they're like the gestapo.
Butter is solid and not liquid, can't understand their logic. :(
I usually bring cheese and butter, I'll make sure they go in my suitcase. :idea: