PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with PM facility?

AL JAY
06-08-2011, 15:28
I have never altered the settings before but some PMs are appearing in a thin vertical strip, I adjusted my settings but it is still happening so i have gone back to default settings? Usually the reply window is blank but it is showing the senders PM in it in a long thin strip format?

Cat Woman
06-08-2011, 16:40
Snap!:confused:
Sharon. :)

Tom
06-08-2011, 16:46
I have never altered the settings but some PMs are appearing in a thin vertical strip, I adjusted my settings but it is still happening so i have gone back to default settings? Usually the reply window is blank but it is showing the senders PM in it in a long thin strip format?

User error !
Like watching a chimp play the piano.

AL JAY
06-08-2011, 16:50
Snap!:confused:
Sharon. :)

Thanks Sharon, I reckon it is a software glitch that needs tweaking,its only been happening since the upgrade!

I met you in June on your stall at the Sunday market, I hope you are doing well because your passion for the welfare of the cats shone through.

Added after 3 minutes:

User error !
Like watching a chimp play the piano.

Hahaha, :crylaughing::crylaughing:

Tom
06-08-2011, 16:59
I have never altered the settings but some PMs are appearing in a thin vertical strip, I adjusted my settings but it is still happening so i have gone back to default settings? Usually the reply window is blank but it is showing the senders PM in it in a long thin strip format?

that might explain better.

AL JAY
06-08-2011, 18:27
Thats it Tom, It it looks like a football coupon, I have never touched any of my settings but i changed them when the PM appeared like that but it stayed the same so i reverted back to "default sttings" and it still happens but only intermittent. Its deffo a forum upgrade teething fault! I use another VBULL site and everything is fine on that one.

Tom
06-08-2011, 18:38
Thats it Tom, It it looks like a football coupon, I have never touched any of my settings but i changed them when the PM appeared like that but it stayed the same so i reverted back to "default sttings" and it still happens but only intermittent. Its deffo a forum upgrade teething fault! I use another VBULL site and everything is fine on that one.

If you say so :spin:

caroletenerife
06-08-2011, 18:53
I cant send any PM's since yeserday morning, when i click to reply to a message, nothing happens. so if anyone sends me a PM im not being rude x

slodgedad
06-08-2011, 22:37
After multiple reports since the (tweak) the problem is being dealt with.

Sarah
08-08-2011, 13:30
I've just received my first pm since the switchover to this forum and it shows like the vertical strip too.

slodgedad
08-08-2011, 19:56
I've just received my first pm since the switchover to this forum and it shows like the vertical strip too.As I replied earlier, a lot of tweaking is going on in the Moderators cabin.:devil2:

Zara
18-08-2011, 10:03
As I replied earlier, a lot of tweaking is going on in the Moderators cabin.:devil2:

Is there still tweaking going on as I tried to send a PM to someone and the facility on their profile is no longer available. :dontknow:

tizzywizzy
18-08-2011, 10:17
Is there still tweaking going on as I tried to send a PM to someone and the facility on their profile is no longer available. :dontknow:

i have had the same problem so have others.:dontknow:

Megaloo
21-08-2011, 09:40
I have received a Pm this morning , but cannot reply as the area is grey so will not accept any words, So again I am not being rude in replying sorry