PDA

View Full Version : Where can I hire a steam cleaner capable of cleaning floor tiles in Tenerife?

churnlobster
06-08-2011, 16:45
Hello
Does anyone know where i can hire a stem cleaner that is powerful enough to clean floor tiles and grout in the home.
It has to be a steam cleaner as a pressure washer will soak the apartment.
Thanks in advance

fixer
06-08-2011, 17:14
I use grout cleaner on my white grout comes up like new just lifts the dirt strait out i dont need to steam clean them . David

churnlobster
06-08-2011, 17:20
I use grout cleaner on my white grout comes up like new just lifts the dirt strait out i dont need to steam clean them . David
I guess it depends on how dirty the grout is.
This grout is really ingrained and is gonna take some shifting, what grout cleaner did you use and where did you get it from? it might be worth a try, although i have tried powerful bleach, with no luck.

fixer
06-08-2011, 17:44
Bleach dulls the tiles cant remember the name but should available from any hardeware shop i got mine from the one in the next to the chinese shop in the Valdes centre in Los Cristianos just ask and they show where it is on the shelf. David

Jackie
06-08-2011, 17:49
Try Agua Fuerte, you can buy it in Mecadona. You can hear and see it 'sizzle' as you pour it on then if the grout is that dirty then just leave it for a few minutes to work and then screw a scrubbing brush onto a broom stick and use that, works a treat

woodchip68
06-08-2011, 18:20
An old trade trick when builders have made the grout dirty on a new built home. Pour Coca cola (not diet) on it, brush in, leave for 10 minutes and mop. Why oh why do we insist on drinking a powerful cleaning product.
Cleans ceramic, coins, brass, copper, gold, diamonds, rust and is even used in the caribean as sun tan lotion to give you a dark tan.

nicki
09-09-2011, 11:40
i use either coca cola, or cilit bang both work like a charm

dokgolf
09-09-2011, 11:42
The only trouble with Coca Cola is that it will dissolve the grout over time.

Added after 3 minutes:

The only trouble with Coca Cola is that it will dissolve the grout over time.

My uncle was doing up an old car once. He took the engine out and soaked it in Coca Cola ( got the rejected stuff from local Coca Cola bottling factory) and left it for 2 days. The engine came out of the tank gleaming, no rust or grease. God knows what its doing to our guts!

carpenter
09-09-2011, 11:57
Don't know about a steam cleaner but I hired a industrial floor buffer from Equipo Hire in La Camella. Not cheap but we still have some floor polish left that I'll happily decant for you so it will help keep cost down.
They may even have a steamer.
Ask for Jim 922 720 920