PDA

View Full Version : Sky News: Riot in Tottenham North London

Pages : [1] 2

AL JAY
06-08-2011, 23:56
Just watching Sky "Breaking News" Police cars,buildings,buses being petrol bombed on Tottenham High Road. Mobs are now looting shops!!!

junglejim
07-08-2011, 08:26
Good advert for Olympics next year !!
Any excuse to loot shops and cause mayhem - deprived area now even more deprived with Millions of Pounds of damage being done - make them clean it up themselves - why should taxpayers pay for this - Let them lie in their own filth !

TOTO 99
07-08-2011, 10:28
Just watching Sky "Breaking News" Police cars,buildings,buses being petrol bombed on Tottenham High Road. Mobs are now looting shops!!!

Brings back memories of Toxteth Al. No lightweight 42" Plasma's then though. You had to think twice before legging it with a telly back then, you'd end up with a hernia.

Suej
07-08-2011, 11:05
I canīt say what I would like to say here...It would be deemed as racist!:(:sorry:

howard thornton
07-08-2011, 11:08
I canīt say what I would like to say here...It would be deemed as racist!:(:sorry: so much for freedom of speach.

Bobby
07-08-2011, 11:18
I suppose that after shooting a policeman you can claim 'a right to life' under Human Rights. What a strange country the Uk has become! Good luck to those who have left for a better quality of life.

caroletenerife
07-08-2011, 11:30
I remember visiting my friends auntie in Toxteth in the 80's when the riots happened, all races were involved in the rioting and the looting, and believe me there was no shortage of white people from the nearest private estate out there with their wheelbarrows trying to bag themselves a free fridge or freezer etc

TOTO 99
07-08-2011, 11:56
I remember visiting my friends auntie in Toxteth in the 80's when the riots happened, all races were involved in the rioting and the looting, and believe me there was no shortage of white people from the nearest private estate out there with their wheelbarrows trying to bag themselves a free fridge or freezer etc

That was me & Al Jay..And I had to push that wheelbarrow 18 miles from Warrington first..:D

Greg
07-08-2011, 12:05
Police statement on Tottenham Riots:

Peaceful protest hijacked by violent minority.

I wonder which minority that was.... :whistle:

TOTO 99
07-08-2011, 12:07
Police statement on Tottenham Riots:

Peaceful protest hijacked by violent minority.

I wonder which minority that was.... :whistle:

A violent one Greg..the clue is in the statement..

Greg
07-08-2011, 12:08
I think you missed the point TOTO!

TOTO 99
07-08-2011, 12:10
I think you missed the point TOTO!

Absolutely not, unless of course you weren't being racist in which case I hold my hand up..

Harmonicaman
07-08-2011, 12:12
Good advert for Olympics next year !!
Any excuse to loot shops and cause mayhem - deprived area now even more deprived with Millions of Pounds of damage being done - make them clean it up themselves - why should taxpayers pay for this - Let them lie in their own filth !
Thatcher tried that at Long Kesh Jim, didn't work then, won't work now.:)

Greg
07-08-2011, 12:16
Absolutely not, unless of course you weren't being racist in which case I hold my hand up..

I'm not sure it's racist to joke about what's obvious. I'm watching the coverage right now and for the life of me I can't see any white guys rioting and looting.

TOTO 99
07-08-2011, 12:19
I'm not sure it's racist to joke about what's obvious. I'm watching the coverage right now and for the life of me I can't see any white guys rioting and looting.

And that makes racism ok then does it? You might wish to try the BNP Forum.

Greg
07-08-2011, 12:23
er nope, I'll stick with this one thanks which allows me my opinions just like you are entitled to yours. Although I did actually say it isn't racist to state the obvious!

Harmonicaman
07-08-2011, 12:31
I'm sitting here, biting my tongue...because of this PC c**p I'm frightened to say anything!:dontknow:

howard thornton
07-08-2011, 12:35
I'm sitting here, biting my tongue...because of this PC c**p I'm frightened to say anything!:dontknow: just like the majority of us cam, marvoulous eh?

caroletenerife
07-08-2011, 12:38
I'm sitting here, biting my tongue...because of this PC c**p I'm frightened to say anything!:dontknow:
why hold your tongue, if the rioting took place in an area that was predominatly (there goes my spelling again) occupied by one ethnic group, then the rioters would be more likely to be of that ethnic group. Some racist people just jump on it and run with it for all their worth. If there was a riot in Belfast, most rioters would be white, strangley enough!!!! Same in Glasgow, though i dont think there would be a run in with police...they just wouldnt turn up.

Greg
07-08-2011, 12:44

Yes it's a tad annoying when you can't express an opinion or crack a joke without all the damn do gooders in the world jumping on your case.

Suej
07-08-2011, 12:49
I have heard that a lot of the rioters were not even from the area!...once instigated word just spreads then the rest of the scum join in!rolleyes2: The worst of it is that most of the businesses burnt out and looted will not have the insurance to cover their losses.

howard thornton
07-08-2011, 12:49
Yes it's a tad annoying when you can't express an opinion or crack a joke without all the damn do gooders in the world jumping on your case. not short of them on this forum are we?

TOTO 99
07-08-2011, 14:24
Well that's me in my place then..lol.

Guys you really are welcome to your opinions, I'm no do-gooder. I've just learned to live in the 21st century. My kids wouldn't have a clue what you're on about because they've not grown up with it. There's always been black people in their class and in their social groups. I don't have a problem with the way you think, I honestly don't. I just don't think this is the right place for it that's all.

Greg
07-08-2011, 15:00
I'm just relieved none of the Tottenham rioters gave any merit to the tired old stereotype that black people steal
televisions.

Oh wait.......

TOTO 99
07-08-2011, 15:05
I'm just relieved none of the Tottenham rioters gave any merit to the tired old stereotype that black people steal
televisions.

Oh wait.......

Show me where I said that.......

AL JAY
07-08-2011, 15:11
The whole country seems like a powder keg at the moment and i wouldn't be surprised if this escalates, London has a complete buffoon as Lord Mayor who doesn't live in the real world,Community leaders who i listened to earlier (a white female who is the leader of Haringay council) brushed under the carpet the real problem that exists ie Ghetto culture versus a rascist police force. A police force that refuse to have dialogue with local community factions. Lessons haven't been learned from the Toxteth riots because its still in parts a no go area . The 42 arrested so far will be slapped on the wrist because there is nowhere to put them because the jails are bursting to capacity. ASBO'S are seen as a badge of honour ... But i don't know what the answer is!!! We can't even afford National Service these days! *Grits teeth* Im going for a pint!

TOTO 99
07-08-2011, 15:13
The whole country seems like a powder keg at the moment and i wouldn't be surprised if this escalates, London has a complete buffoon as Lord Mayor who doesn't live in the real world,Community leaders who i listened to earlier (a white female who is the leader of Haringay council) brushed under the carpet the real problem that exists ie Ghetto culture versus a rascist police force. A police force that refuse to have dialogue with local community factions. Lessons haven't been learned from the Toxteth riots because its still in parts a no go area . The 42 arrested so far will be slapped on the wrist because there is nowhere to put them because the jails are bursting to capacity. ASBO'S are seen as a badge of honour ... But i don't know what the answer is!!! We can't even afford National Service these days! *Grits teeth* Im going for a pint!

Have one for me.

cainaries
07-08-2011, 15:29
I have heard that a lot of the rioters were not even from the area!...once instigated word just spreads then the rest of the scum join in!rolleyes2: The worst of it is that most of the businesses burnt out and looted will not have the insurance to cover their losses.
These shops and businesses are a vital part of the local community - as they are anywhere in the world. I don't understand the logic in destroying them ... except for stealing what's inside. How does that help the situation? People have lost both their homes and their businesses and it seems absolutely no-one is helping them and they've been told to stay with relatives. It's a disgrace all round.

And where is Boris? Seriously. Is he on holiday in Tuscany or something? He should be in Tottenham now should have been there last night. If he's got serious ambitions of getting to Number 10 (no, don't laugh, apparently he has) this is an ideal opportunity to show us all what he's made of. And it needs someone in control.

Suej
07-08-2011, 16:06
These shops and businesses are a vital part of the local community - as they are anywhere in the world. I don't understand the logic in destroying them ... except for stealing what's inside. How does that help the situation? People have lost both their homes and their businesses and it seems absolutely no-one is helping them and they've been told to stay with relatives. It's a disgrace all round.

And where is Boris? Seriously. Is he on holiday in Tuscany or something? He should be in Tottenham now should have been there last night. If he's got serious ambitions of getting to Number 10 (no, don't laugh, apparently he has) this is an ideal opportunity to show us all what he's made of. And it needs someone in control.

You have to remember Cainaries these rioters and looters donīt have a brain cell between the lot of them so logic and morals donīt come into the equation!:(

Just had an email from a friend in Enfield (approx 7 miles away) one of the other main shopping centres along the A10 and he tells me the Town has been evacuated because of threatened violence, Wood Green and Edmonton (also along the route from Tottenham) are also under threat of further trouble. I would think if this isnīt scaremongering then we could expect to see more trouble tonight.

LeFrunk
07-08-2011, 17:09
If Belfast is supposed to be part of the UK then why dont the police in England fire plastics at them the same way they DO in Belfast , that wont be long in clearing the streets of the dirt . cctv on top of the police jeeps,cars and vans , study the footage at their leisure then round the rioters up , no bail until their trial . That will keep them off the streets and away from the riots . Black or White a rioter is a rioter .

Suej
07-08-2011, 17:16
Exactly what my OH has just said!

This afternoon there has been an outbreak of trouble outside the store TKMax in Enfield Town!

Harmonicaman
07-08-2011, 17:38

This afternoon there has been an outbreak of trouble outside the store TKMax in Enfield Town!

They're after the designer t-shirts Sue!

TOTO 99
07-08-2011, 17:44
I'd wear a balaclava if I shopped at TK Max.. :D

Suej
07-08-2011, 17:51
I'd wear a balaclava if I shopped at TK Max.. :D

A designer one of course!

I_N_Cognito
07-08-2011, 20:22
Don’t panic, all’s OK, the MET’s opened a "major investigation" !!!

If your ever born again, come back as an “investigator” you’ll never be out of work.

Suej
07-08-2011, 21:00
Sorry this picture is blurred and I canīt rotate it! this is the view from my friends bedroom in Enfield this evening!

Added after 55 minutes:

Don’t panic, all’s OK, the MET’s opened a "major investigation" !!!

If your ever born again, come back as an “investigator” you’ll never be out of work.

Were you replying to my post?

Malteser Monkey
07-08-2011, 22:18

Was gutted to watch this this afternoon - Tottenham was my stomping ground in the 80's - I remember the broadwater farm probs back then.

Enfield ? Sue ? this is our place will need to look into this ?

Suej
07-08-2011, 22:33
Was gutted to watch this this afternoon - Tottenham was my stomping ground in the 80's - I remember the broadwater farm probs back then.

Enfield ? Sue ? this is our place will need to look into this ?

Awful MM! My friends next door neighbours and the neighbours next to them have had their windows broken, the riot Police have cleared away the mess and are now at Enfield Town train station. a few shops have had their windows smashed, there isheavy Police presence so I hope all will be Ok and no one gets hurt.:( Look at the pic in my post 36.

imablue
07-08-2011, 23:09
christmas shopping for most...139 days left --innit ...!!

AL JAY
07-08-2011, 23:39
"The fatal shooting of Mark Duggan, which sparked the Tottenham riots took a dramatic twist with the revelation that there may not have been any exchange of fire during his arrest.

Initial reports from the Independent police complaints commission were that during an apparent exchange of fire police officers from C019 fired two shots which killed Duggan. The suggestion was that officers could have come under fire from the minicab carrying Duggan on Thursday night.

Much of this assumption came from the fact that a bullet had lodged in a police radio worn by an officer at the scene – raising speculation he might have been fired at from the vehicle. A non police issue handgun was also recovered at the scene where Duggan was shot dead in Ferry Road.

But the Guardian understands that initial ballistics tests on the bullet lodged in the officer's radio show that it was a police issued bullet – and had not therefore been fired by Duggan or anyone else in the area.

The reveleation comes as one community leader suggested that the handgun recovered was found in a sock and therefore not ready for use.

It is likely to fuel anger on the streets of Tottenham and elsewhere in London as it provides evidence that officers were not under attack at the time they opened fire on Duggan."

timmylish
07-08-2011, 23:47
If Belfast is supposed to be part of the UK then why dont the police in England fire plastics at them the same way they DO in Belfast , that wont be long in clearing the streets of the dirt . cctv on top of the police jeeps,cars and vans , study the footage at their leisure then round the rioters up , no bail until their trial . That will keep them off the streets and away from the riots . Black or White a rioter is a rioter .

I notice that a number of members have "thanked you" apparently supporting your opinion. Its one which I would disagree with, unfortunately. The actions of the Police in Belfast, and elsewhere in N.I. did NOT clear the streets, as you put it. Quite the reverse. Then as now, it depends what side of the community you belong to. The people who feel underprivileged, unemployed, homeless and generally the bottom of the bucket and who regularly get hauled in by the Police but never charged, just kept in the nick for 48 hours to please the Superintendent and make his figures look good. I,m surprised that no-one has made comment on the view expressed by one local that the "mob" were seeking justice. Justice for what. for heaven,s sakes. The Black Gentleman who was shot and killed by a Police Officer just doing his job and following orders (I sincerely hope!) (see we are already questioning that apparent incident) and now being investigated by the IPCC (waste of space, time and money as we all know the reason for the death, or do we?) So, whilst I do not, never have and never will condone rioting and anything near to that its not so easy to arrive at a conclusion to the causes of this attack on civilisation, which it most certainly is. Some of the views on here fall way short of understanding the likely causes of this riot. Most, if not all, of the people who had originally started the demonstration (supposedly family and friends) would not have envisaged what would happen after BUT one thing sticks in my gut. Not one person, of so called authority, had spoken to the family of the dead man about his killing until TO-DAY. No Police, no-one. What one earth do you think you would have felt, being treated again, to this so called democracy. I for one would have been ready to...........................murder some-one? Again I repeat the view I have that the copper probably shot the man dead in following orders or defending himself.
Sorry its a bit of a ramble started by my opinion that the poster I,m responding to did not really know the full ins and outs of N.I.

AL JAY
08-08-2011, 02:20
More London areas now seeing sporadic violence including Brixton(footlocker shop on fire) Walthamstow and Edmonton!!!

caroletenerife
08-08-2011, 02:36
More London areas now seeing sporadic violence including Brixton(footlocker shop on fire) Walthamstow and Edmonton!!!
i dont need bad news when i come in from work at this ungodly hour AL JAY, tell me some good news..or else i will riot and loot the pool of its lilos...i mean it, this is not an empty threat

AL JAY
08-08-2011, 02:45
The good news is we play down at Tottenham on Saturday in the opening day of the Premier league and we could all come home with free Trainers and a laptop!!!

*tongue firmly in cheek*

On a serious note i think the match will be cancelled on police advice!

caroletenerife
08-08-2011, 02:53
that would only be good news if you got me a pair too, NIKE mind, none of your cheap junk...night x

Harmonicaman
08-08-2011, 10:53
Sorry this picture is blurred and I canīt rotate it! this is the view from my friends bedroom in Enfield this evening!

I've rotated it for you Sue...
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-25.png

Suej
08-08-2011, 10:58
Thanks HM (for some reason it would rotate for me) Enfield Town is still cordoned off today.

The good news is we play down at Tottenham on Saturday in the opening day of the Premier league and we could all come home with free Trainers and a laptop!!!

*tongue firmly in cheek*

On a serious note i think the match will be cancelled on police advice!
I think it will still be on AJ see how the week progresses!

Greg
08-08-2011, 20:25
There is nothing quite like soothing the anger over a percieved unjust death like basking in front of a wide screen TV, a new iPhone in your hand and some well wicked trainers. :devil:

junglejim
08-08-2011, 20:39
Surely from what we're seeing tonight it's obvious the police aren't coping ,it's time to have a curfew and bring some army support to control this situation before it escalates even further ?
Some family is going to be burned alive tonight! It took almost half an hour for a fire engine to advance a couple of hundred yards tonight in Peckham - building was well gutted by the time they deployed .

pablo1
08-08-2011, 20:44
Blast Cher Lloyds new single out of loudspeakers - that'll clear the streets quicker than any water cannon or tear gas ever could....

howard thornton
08-08-2011, 20:44
[QUOTE=junglejim;77271]Surely from what we're seeing tonight it's obvious the police aren't coping ,it's time to have a curfew and bring some army support to control this situation before it escalates even further ?
Some family is going to be burned alive tonight! It took almost half an hour for a fire engine to advance a couple of hundred yards tonight in Peckham - building was well gutted by the time they deployed .[/QUOTE its only a matter of time before lives are lost. i agree with you enforce a curfew.

AL JAY
08-08-2011, 21:03

As my post above says the whole country is like a powder keg, Well its now spread to other parts of London and there is further unrest in Birmingham, I think its time to get the water cannons out but they have said they won't because of fears of hurting somebody. These human rights lawyers must be rubbing their grubby little hands!!! I have just witnessed a PC being hit by a flying brick from these mindless hooligans, Cars being set on fire and the police standing watching with there hands tied. Former Hackney M.P Diane Abbott is being interviewed now,she is absolutely clueless and chose not to live or send her kids to school there,they are so out of touch its crazy. Large furniture shop now ablaze in Croydon!!!

West mids tyke
08-08-2011, 21:18
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14450248

I have friends that are literally in the middle of the latest riot areas, in lewisham, walworth and croydon, really worried for their safety, they are literally barricaded in their homes while the rest of their town is destroyed and where is our great prime minster, on a beach somewhere surely this the final straw for the government

chris
08-08-2011, 21:19
Just watching it now it's absolutely crazy.

TheBloke
08-08-2011, 21:22
Sadly when enough lowlifes,chavs and scratters congregate together to front the police solely to rob and loot others will join in emboldened by the rest.

I think a riot based on a principle either political or moral is natural but this is or these are based on opportunism,greed and a hatred of the police.

These *************s feel entitled to riot because if I don't take the stuff somebody else will.

For people to feel entitled to anything for doing nothing in any society is the beginning of the end for that society.

I would like to say thank goodness i live in Tenerife but the problems will spread throughout Europe and all the scum will be watching the pictures on telly saying "Yeah thats how you do it"

AL JAY
08-08-2011, 21:22
This is scandalous still not a fire engine in site in Croydon and the houses next door have caught fire, Another reporter in Clapham junction has said there are hundreds of youths kicking off there now and not a police officer in sight!!! Cameron has decided to come home from Tuscany its been announced a few minutes ago!!! They have called in air support from 3 outlying areas. We have lost our Helicopters in Merseyside due to cuts!!!

slodgedad
08-08-2011, 21:50
This is scandalous still not a fire engine in site in Croydon and the houses next door have caught fire, Another reporter in Clapham junction has said there are hundreds of youths kicking off there now and not a police officer in sight!!! Cameron has decided to come home from Tuscany its been announced a few minutes ago!!! They have called in air support from 3 outlying areas. We have lost our Helicopters in Merseyside due to cuts!!!All well planned, I'd say. Looking for a catalyst.

The family have stated that they aren't happy with the connection.

(Personal opinion. Nothing to do with my mod status)

Jackie
08-08-2011, 21:58
My eldest son has just told me that all of Barking, Ilford and Romford are now on Police Lockdown as the riots head that way. Typical, I move out here to get my kids away from this type of thing and it is the week my youngest goes back to see his mates 5 minutes from Romford and also where my eldest lives :(

Greg
08-08-2011, 22:04
BBC NEWS:- Confusion in Tottenham this morning, as the rioters who torched a post office at the weekend turn up wanting to collect their benefits.

cainaries
08-08-2011, 22:07
BBC NEWS:- Confusion in Tottenham this morning, as the rioters who torched a post office at the weekend turn up wanting to collect their benefits.

I might be the only one but for me your comments are spot on, greg.

I was trying to explain all this to my Spanish teacher today and she assumed these people were part of the 15-M or the Indignants who are marching on Brussels, etc. etc. and I said, no absolutely NOTHING like them and NOTHING to do with them whatsoever.

Suej
08-08-2011, 22:24
Water cannons, plastic bullets are whatīs needed but only NI have them! British Police need to be routinely armed, there is no respect for Law and order and these thugs show no fear whatsoever of the Police. Itīs all gone too far, Britain is not only an embarrassment to itself but to the whole of Europe. And all this in light of the London 2012 Olympics! what a mess!

Greg
08-08-2011, 22:27
methinks if they put some soap in them water canons they would disperse a whole lot quicker! :whistle:

AL JAY
08-08-2011, 22:28
Here's a BBC link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Greg
08-08-2011, 22:32
David Cameron "I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these poncing parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking.".....Carlsberg don't do Prime Ministers but if they did.............

cainaries
08-08-2011, 22:35
Water cannons, plastic bullets are whatīs needed but only NI have them! British Police need to be routinely armed, there is no respect for Law and order and these thugs show no fear whatsoever to the Police. Itīs all gone too far, Britain is not only an embarrassment to itself but to the whole of Europe. And all this in light of the London 2012 Olympics! what a mess!

Absolute disgrace, I agree. Fire brigade claim unable to act without police protection ... if health and safety make police and fire brigade impotent, bring in the Army and arm them with real bullets.

Jackie
08-08-2011, 22:40
What a load of B******s the police have issued a statement saying that the riots have not reached parts of Essex and it is all rumours. Maybe they should speak to my family on Skype if they are unsure what is going on. Bloody idiots

dede
08-08-2011, 22:47
Im scared just watching it on the tv, i would hate to be there it must be awful.

Malteser Monkey
08-08-2011, 22:57
That's my home territory Enfield to Tottenham - my God - I remember the Broadwater Farm. SueJ you must have been around then hun

AL JAY
08-08-2011, 23:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXcI-NL3Tro

This is amazing as local reporter asks the looters questions> "We are getting our taxes back"

Earlier he reported there wasn't a policeman in sight!!! AGOG!!!

sunspot
08-08-2011, 23:10
What a disgrace,nothing but a load of low down thieves

Greg
08-08-2011, 23:29
Littlejohn from the Daily Mail Online telling it like it is......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2023898/London-riots-Red-sky-night-Tottenhams-alight.html

theedge92
08-08-2011, 23:31
Is it just me, or are we whites becoming the minority in our own country. I am no racist, i have many black friends. Black friends that do not condemn these riots. However these coloured thugs who are rioting in the streets of Tottenham and surrounding areas, are being allowed to commit such acts. Where's our so called police force, who we are supposed to rely on for safety of life. There's no offensive action going against the rioters. Use whatever force is necessary, if it comes to it fire some warning shots. If there's no comply, then well do what they have to do, to ensure the safety of others. i.e. instead of barricading streets with your shields, start with the offensive, they'll soon stop.

AL JAY
08-08-2011, 23:32
News coming in of a shooting in Croydon, I will try and get a link!!!

Fred Perry
08-08-2011, 23:35
Let us be honest many of these looters & rioters are not deprived at all but just greedy b******* that want the lastest tv/trainers/DVD player. Copycat rioting. They do not give a hoot about the shooting incident.
20% of Canarians live below the poverty line (far worse than any London suburb) but they do not riot.

A black guy gets shot so the blacks then turn that into a "racist" incident which it is not, it is a tragic event where a man got killed by the police. Could have been any man, white, brown, black or yellow.

Anyway, now it seems to be spiralling out of control, yes bring the army in if the police cannot cope. Rubber bullets and use bright coloured dye in the water cannon to ruin the rioters latest hoody(and later maybe identify them).

Greg
08-08-2011, 23:41
At this rate Africa will be hosting Comic Relief for London!! :confused:

theedge92
08-08-2011, 23:58
Kicking off in Liverpool, The CO OP on lawrence road is on fire.

Andy0210
08-08-2011, 23:59
Think Gene Hunt could sort this business out, time to fire up the Quattro! ;)

chris
09-08-2011, 00:04
Police are asking for all football matches in London to be called off this weekend.

theedge92
09-08-2011, 00:08
Police are asking for all football matches in London to be called off this weekend.[/QUOTE

Well they can **** right off with that one, nothing comes between the opener of the new season :bootyshake:

[QUOTE=theedge92;77470]Kicking off in Liverpool, The CO OP on lawrence road is on fire.

Not the CO OP now, it was 2 cars.... CO OP is safe.

Fred Perry
09-08-2011, 00:13
Police are asking for all football matches in London to be called off this weekend.

All games called off tomorrow for starters. England play Holland Wednesday, I would be suprised if they played that now (the Dutch are well known hools).
Ealing (West London) now going up. Woman was awoken in bed by men in her bedroom attempting to steal things. Now that is really a protest against last weeks shooting isnīt it?

Heard by a contact on facebook that Liverpool has riots. Not confirmed on sky yet.

Andy0210
09-08-2011, 00:14

Burnley love this decision it saves them a whupping at Crystal Palace! ;)

AL JAY
09-08-2011, 00:18

Smithdown road Liverpool on the edge of Toxteth.

theedge92
09-08-2011, 00:18
There are riots Liverpool, where i live in Kensington its all kicking off. Police barricading roads, few reported fires. Don't know the extent just yet.

caroletenerife
09-08-2011, 00:25
At this rate Africa will be hosting Comic Relief for London!! :confused:

seven people where shot dead over the weekend during rioting FOR FOOD in a Somalian feeding station, these people died because of desperation to stay alive....fast forward 3 days to one of the leading capitals of the world and its greedy, skanky little citizens plundering shops for flash consumer items. Its an affront to the term 'civilised society'

Andy0210
09-08-2011, 00:32
Cash Converters...converting televisions into heroin since 1988

Greg
09-08-2011, 00:34
I'll be up early in the morning, there's gonna be some bargains on Ebay! :devil2:

theedge92
09-08-2011, 00:43
Might just go out in my batman costume from a few years back and fight for justice.

Pros of this ordeal:

I potentially make the front page of the Echo tomorrow
I may actually make peace and harmony within the streets of London
Could kickstart a career

Cons of this ordeal:

Police may think I'm not on their side beating me up in the process
I may not cause peace and harmony within the streets of London
My costume might not fit me anymore, it's been about 5 years
I don't know my way to London.

AL JAY
09-08-2011, 00:50
Here's a map of the riot area's, with quotes

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=207192798388318292131.0004aa01af6748773e8f 7&msa=0&ll=51.558503,-0.055275&spn=0.114195,0.298691

jolfc
09-08-2011, 03:32
I find this absoloutley shocking , these people ( I use the term loosely) are nothing but thugs and mindless. Peoples lives are being put at risk in their own homes, property destroyed all because the rioters do not have a brain cell to rub together, it must be pretty scarey living in these areas, bring in the water cannons that would soon desperse the idiots. Lets hope any that do get prosecuted get the right sentence, after all Charlie Gilmour got 16 months, this lot need a couple of years, but even then I dont think it would make them think about what they have done.

cainaries
09-08-2011, 08:39
Bring back the stocks!

Ecky Thump
09-08-2011, 08:40
Reading this thread, I am disappointed to see a few flippant and so called funny remarks over the troubles that are occurring in the UK. I wonder if these fun posts will continue if the rioting causes the death or deaths of innocent children.
I am one of the posters on this forum who does post the odd silly (funny, daft etc.) remark to lighten the mood or just to try to inject a bit of interest, but on a issue like this, then I don't think they are appropriate.:(
Rant on my point of view over.

Greg
09-08-2011, 09:30
My name is Leroy,and breaking windows 24/7 was my idea.

Jackie
09-08-2011, 09:36
Totally agree Ecky, I have been worried sick all night about family and friends back in the UK who are caught up in the middle of all this as I am sure others are. This is just the type of thing we moved 2,000 miles away from and of all weeks my youngest son is in the UK. The riots spread to East London and bordering parts of Essex last night, exactly where my family and boys are. I was making phone calls all night to try and get in touch with them to make sure everyone was ok and they hadn't been caught up in it all while they were either at work or out with friends. My eldest son told me how the whole of the town of Romford where he works in a Gym was on total Police Lock down by 6p.m yesterday waiting for the rioters who where at the time in Ilford and had already trashed their sister gym along with many other places. At 9pm I had one son on Skype and another on the house phone assuring me they were ok.

My eldest son has also just taken a course on railway signalling and at 10pm I got a call from him saying that he and a lot of other workers had been called to a station in North London for the night, I am still waiting for him to call to let me know everyhting is OK. Why the hell would anyone send people to work in the middle of the riots?

Greg
09-08-2011, 09:44
I think we need to change the term from "rioting" to "looting" there is no activity at the moment, the thieving scum have disappeared back under the rocks they came from under as soon as the sun came up! If this was politically motivated there would still be protesters. Watching the coverage last night and this morning it's very clear to see that this is just mass criminal theft. The main targets have been electronic consumer shops, cash point machines and tills left behind in hastily shut up business'. This is looting plain and simple.

Jackie
09-08-2011, 09:47
Exactly Greg, half of these low life scum don't even know why it all started....oh yes because a drug dealer was shot, silly me for forgetting.

caroletenerife
09-08-2011, 10:24
Bring back the stocks!

No Cainaries..bring back the Royal Marines from the middle east and watch the vermin scatter. The police appear to be completely inneffectual in dealing with the hard core rioters, which i believe has encouraged the hangers on, chancers and minor deliquants to join in as because they think there is noone there to stop them. It appears they are right.

Greg
09-08-2011, 10:44
Somewhere up there Enoch Powell is looking down with a satisfied smirk saying "I told you so"

caroletenerife
09-08-2011, 10:48
Somewhere up there Enoch Powell is looking down with a satisfied smirk saying "I told you so"
The Deputy Commisioner of the police is on 'This Morning' telling us he has it under control. so thats ok then.

Suej
09-08-2011, 11:21
Reading this thread, I am disappointed to see a few flippant and so called funny remarks over the troubles that are occurring in the UK. I wonder if these fun posts will continue if the rioting causes the death or deaths of innocent children.
I am one of the posters on this forum who does post the odd silly (funny, daft etc.) remark to lighten the mood or just to try to inject a bit of interest, but on a issue like this, then I don't think they are appropriate.:(
Rant on my point of view over.

When I posted the picture taken from my friends bedroom window on Sunday it really brought it all home and the dangers of what might happen worried me, especially when next door to my friend had their wall smashed for the bricks and then the windows smashed in three houses, I just couldnīt see the funny side of any posts at all but I did try. I have a commerical building in the middle of Enfield Town and was terrified that my Tenant/staff and the building would stay safe. Hard to appreciate humour when these atrocities our going on. All my Family live on the edge of Enfield Town so I pray they will stay safe. To any other members who have family living in the affected areas I hope all is well for them.

Fred Perry
09-08-2011, 11:34
It is amazing to me that no-one got killed last night in London. Especially in all those burning buildings. How did those looters know that there were not people working at the back of the Sony plant in Enfield? It is incredible.

Bring the troops back from Afghanistan and place them in the streets of the Ukīs flashpoint cities.
Use water cannon with dye to ruin the looters clothes. They are not socially deprived they are greedy brainwashed idiots.

theedge92
09-08-2011, 11:38
The wannkers rioting don't even know why there rioting. There just violent thugs looking for an "****EE!" excuse to cause havoc. We all know who it is aswell, people need to stop hiding behind the social barrier of what we can say and what we can't, it's blatent who it is, as i mentioned in my first post last night.

Greg
09-08-2011, 12:17
My television broke this morning...but by lunchtime my friend Leroy had bought 100 more around for me to choose from.

Must've spent all of his unemployment benefits on them..

irishmusico
09-08-2011, 12:21
A senior policeman's point of view here (http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/)

caroletenerife
09-08-2011, 12:43
The problem is Senior police officers need to be polititions as well as policemen , tow the govt line, and concentrate hard on not saying anything thats not PC. What we need is interviews with bobbies having a break after getting a brick thrown at his head. When the polititions hear that the ranking file police are getting pi***d off with having both hands tied behind their backs and hold the same views as the general public on how to deal with this (proactive, not sitting waiting) then they might listen. Will be interesting to see the tactics tonight...my opinion is CHARGE, with batons, tazers and anything else you can get your hands on at the ready. I think a curfew is the least they can do, then if your on the street your fair game

cainaries
09-08-2011, 12:53
No Cainaries..bring back the Royal Marines from the middle east and watch the vermin scatter. The police appear to be completely inneffectual in dealing with the hard core rioters, which i believe has encouraged the hangers on, chancers and minor deliquants to join in as because they think there is noone there to stop them. It appears they are right.
I don't want them to scatter, I want them arrested, brought to trial and convicted and punished. Which is why I quite fancied the idea of putting them in stocks on Ealing Green or Clapham Common where everyone can see them and pelt them with rotten eggs! (Or worse).

canarianchicken
09-08-2011, 12:56
I don't want them to scatter, I want them arrested, brought to trial and convicted and punished. Which is why I quite fancied the idea of putting them in stocks on Ealing Green or Clapham Common where everyone can see them and pelt them with rotten eggs! (Or worse).

I would willingly get a flight home to throw a few eggs myself. unfortunately the "Human Rights" nutters would never allow it!

cainaries
09-08-2011, 13:01
I would willingly get a flight home to throw a few eggs myself. unfortunately the "Human Rights" nutters would never allow it!
It's the people you mention who have tied the hands of the police. They do have something to answer for.

canarianchicken
09-08-2011, 13:20
This is NOT about race. This is NOT about black, white or asian ... This is not about someone getting shot by the police .....
This is purely and absolutely about a lack of respect and downright disregard for anybody!

theedge92
09-08-2011, 13:28
This is NOT about race. This is NOT about black, white or asian ... This is not about someone getting shot by the police .....
This is purely and absolutely about a lack of respect and downright disregard for anybody!

It was intentially about a black man being gunned down by a white police officer. But now its escalated to no reason at all, just downright disregard.

YOUNG GOLFER
09-08-2011, 14:27
Well this link is from a couple of girls who think it's all great fun. one word THICK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

The Police want to go in there and take charge and if it means be force then so be it.......

I love the bit were they say it's the Rich people they are after.

Now if these sad low life's got of there bums and did some work then maybe they to might have their own business one day.........

looks like this is world news .......

http://www.foxnews.com/

caroletenerife
09-08-2011, 14:32

Thats not going to happen because there is no room in the prisons, even if they arrested every one of the rioters, where would they go. They will get warnings, ASBO's, slaps on wrists and maybe a couple of prison sentences. They are clearing Quantanamo...now theres an idea, orange jumpsuits all round

YOUNG GOLFER
09-08-2011, 14:41
now this is not a bad idea.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

see facebook has to been very busy.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/London-Riots/246868655333374

caroletenerife
09-08-2011, 14:54

couldnt open the last one

Heres a couple
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Supporting-the-Met-Police-against-the-London-rioters/152937041453243

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Catch-A-Looter-LondonRiots/264379643587903

social networks can be a force for change (look at eygpt) if enough people demand change in Govt pamby pamby thinking, and show their solidarity with the emergency services, they can make a difference

YOUNG GOLFER
09-08-2011, 15:01
this is shocking.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065

cainaries
09-08-2011, 15:05
Thats not going to happen because there is no room in the prisons, even if they arrested every one of the rioters, where would they go. They will get warnings, ASBO's, slaps on wrists and maybe a couple of prison sentences. They are clearing Quantanamo...now theres an idea, orange jumpsuits all round
I know you're right about the lack of space but have just seen an interview with someone, missed who as missed very beginning, who said they will find places for them. And they aren't going to go to prison in my mad scheme of things, they are going to the stocks.

caroletenerife
09-08-2011, 15:12
this is shocking.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065

thats not shocking....thats london today.

Added after 7 minutes:

There is hope...all it takes is a few good people
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16046412

cainaries
09-08-2011, 16:16

The government website/e-petition isn't working as apparently so many people are trying to get on to it. What did it say, please?

junglejim
09-08-2011, 16:25
Sickening to see Boris posturing with a broom in his hand - I know where I would shove it !! What a tosser and all his sycophants around him - London voted for him .
As a matter of interest from afar - nearly all of the interviews I have seen - are there any English people in London ?

Suej
09-08-2011, 17:30
Sickening to see Boris posturing with a broom in his hand - I know where I would shove it !! What a tosser and all his sycophants around him - London voted for him .
As a matter of interest from afar - nearly all of the interviews I have seen - are there any English people in London ?Boris sounded as though he was jet lagged! couldnīt make out anything he was on about except "Can you hear me at the back?"!:confused:

WeeJake
09-08-2011, 18:05
I agree totally. So was Enoch Powell sooooo wrong in his "Rivers of Blood Speech". For those who are too young to remember it or donīt know about it,This was a speech given on April 20th 1968 " "As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see 'the River Tiber foaming with much blood.'"

He said at that time what no-one else had the guts to say and although it caused quite a furor at the time, on reading it again today, the man maybe had a point.

YOUNG GOLFER
09-08-2011, 18:16
The government website/e-petition isn't working as apparently so many people are trying to get on to it. What did it say, please?

here you go.
Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits.

Responsible department: Department for Work and Pensions

Any persons convicted of criminal acts during the current London riots should have all financial benefits removed. No tax payer should have to contribute to those who have destroyed property, stolen from their community and shown a disregard for the country that provides for them.
Sign this petition

Number of signatures:
Created by:

Suej
09-08-2011, 18:46
Trouble has now broken out in West Bromwich and Wolverhampton!

Zara
09-08-2011, 18:52
Last night Bristol, tonight Manchester / Salford

Greg
09-08-2011, 18:57
Apparently the riot police have called in the help of the water cannons but they are loading them with a mix of Daz because apparently it stops the coloureds from running.

junglejim
09-08-2011, 19:00
Check Sky Channel 847 -theyīre Sikh of it too !

Greg
09-08-2011, 19:07
He's pateling it as it is! :whistle:

Fred Perry
09-08-2011, 21:05
The cheap racist jokes should not be allowed on the forum IMO.

I will say though that the majority of people in the UK do not particularly mind a multi-cultural Britain but limits have been broken now and people are annoyed. The politicians should have been alot more sensitive to the feelings of people.

pablo1
09-08-2011, 21:29
Buildings have now been set alight in my home town of Middleton. I believe it's my right to use my cattle prod on any undesirables who deem covering their faces with hoodies/scarves and throwing bricks acceptable.

Time to go shoota loota....

Susief
09-08-2011, 21:30
I've just got back from Salford/Manchester. Daughter moved house tonight.
There were 20-30 white youths in hoodies walking towards Deansgate looking very threatening!
They should get the water cannons out or tear gas! Thugs nothing more!
Quite scary sat in the car in a traffic jam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cainaries
09-08-2011, 21:45
I've just got back from Salford/Manchester. Daughter moved house tonight.
There were 20-30 white youths in hoodies walking towards Deansgate looking very threatening!
They should get the water cannons out or tear gas! Thugs nothing more!
Quite scary sat in the car in a traffic jam!

Hope your daughter's move goes well and she is happy in her new home.

From what you say it looks as though it is just 'yoof' causing the bother, not any particular type of 'yoof'. Except not very intelligent yoof.

9PLUS
09-08-2011, 21:59
Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bromsgrove, London, Bristol,

Blimey

Goforgold
09-08-2011, 22:29
Just seen some scum interviewed on Sky News - whatever was offered to them, wouldn't change them. Unbelievable! :(

Susief
09-08-2011, 22:40

From what you say it looks as though it is just 'yoof' causing the bother, not any particular type of 'yoof'. Except not very intelligent yoof.

Thanks Cainaries. The move went well. Concierge at her building even opened the basement car park for us and said could stay as long as needed. Was glad of it as whilst we were sat chatting we kept hearing sirens and the police helicopter was around!
We just watched on Sky news, I personally would get the water or tear gas on them!

Goforgold
09-08-2011, 22:49

That's the problem Cainaries - no intelligence whatsoever, and no amount of talking will ever change their outlook.

cainaries
09-08-2011, 22:53
That's the problem Cainaries - no intelligence whatsoever, and no amount of talking will ever change their outlook.

We're thinking some enterprising people should open up some boot camps. Then the courts could sentence them to a year or two in boot camp. and they could be part of a tv project so they would get their 15 minutes of fame.

Goforgold
09-08-2011, 22:56
We're thinking some enterprising people should open up some boot camps. Then the courts could sentence them to a year or two in boot camp. and they could be part of a tv project so they would get their 15 minutes of fame.

Did you see that scum bag on Sky News - they can't even string a few simple words together and we are overrun with the things. Whatever we did with them, wouldn't make them into even average human beings. We're doomed I say - doomed!! :(

cainaries
09-08-2011, 23:17
Did you see that scum bag on Sky News - they can't even string a few simple words together and we are overrun with the things. Whatever we did with them, wouldn't make them into even average human beings. We're doomed I say - doomed!! :(

Can't think what to write to you, GFG. Have a barraquito.

slodgedad
09-08-2011, 23:20
Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bromsgrove, London, Bristol,

BlimeyGetting out of hand innit?

Band wagon springs to mind

Harmonicaman
09-08-2011, 23:20

Here's what I wrote on another forum GFG...

" Do you know what annoys me? The fact that every year the Government says our scholastic establishments are getting ever higher pass marks and a greater percentage of the scholars are getting them...********! You just need to walk down your local high street and listen to the way some of these semi-literate primates talk to each other, they can hardly string a couple of sentences together never mind have an intelligent conversation!
I'm not going to comment any more on this thread as it just upsets me. "

slodgedad
09-08-2011, 23:21
Educashun......Duh

cainaries
09-08-2011, 23:24
Educashun......Duh

"We ain't got no .... "

Night all. Let's hope it's not as bad as last night though not looking good.

Fred Perry
09-08-2011, 23:35
A friend in Enfield just posted this. A large group of vigilantes are patrolling the streets and have chased off potential rioters apparently. Still dodgy though, this has never been seen on this scale before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPCrWOoepD4&feature=player_embedded

Shugstar63
09-08-2011, 23:44
Forget the high end designers........looting brain trust style?
Could do with losing a few pounds if you ask me !!!!!

3 quid worth of crisps ! Result.

9PLUS
10-08-2011, 00:02
Vigilantes are patrolling the streets of Enfield, chasing off rioters. Looks to me like a firm of football supporters, The people take back the streets? Civil War?

slodgedad
10-08-2011, 00:06
Vigilantes are patrolling the streets of Enfield, chasing off rioters. Looks to me like a firm of football supporters, The people take back the streets? Civil War?Looking bad, innit?

9PLUS
10-08-2011, 00:12
I think i've watched all the footage on the net and i haven't really seen much Police activity

slodgedad
10-08-2011, 00:16
I think i've watched all the footage on the net and i haven't really seen much Police activityThat's the scary bit.

Does Cameron want it to kick off big style so he can step in and do a Maggie?

9PLUS
10-08-2011, 00:18
That's the scary bit.

Does Cameron want it to kick off big style so he can step in and do a Maggie?

Who knows these days whats on the mind of the Government could even be Rivers of Blood

Harmonicaman
10-08-2011, 00:23
Vigilantes are patrolling the streets of Enfield, chasing off rioters. Looks to me like a firm of football supporters, The people take back the streets? Civil War?

Last time we had a civil war we brought a King Charles in...:king:

slodgedad
10-08-2011, 00:34
Last time we had a civil war we brought a King Charles in...:king:

God forbid. King Charles and a horsey..........

Fred Perry
10-08-2011, 01:07
There has been a call on the football lads forums and tweets to congregate in Eltham tonight to protect the local area. Apparently 100`s of Millwall turned up as well as other firms from the capital as fans put their football rivalries aside.

Goforgold
10-08-2011, 07:05
Here's what I wrote on another forum GFG...

" Do you know what annoys me? The fact that every year the Government says our scholastic establishments are getting ever higher pass marks and a greater percentage of the scholars are getting them...********! You just need to walk down your local high street and listen to the way some of these semi-literate primates talk to each other, they can hardly string a couple of sentences together never mind have an intelligent conversation!
I'm not going to comment any more on this thread as it just upsets me. "

When we see what weak Governments have done to our country over the last decade or so, WE should be the ones in the streets protesting. The dampening down of Education as you say, an illegal war, selling off our energy companies and we now have to worry about trying to keep warm, pathetic sentencing for criminals (if any), releasing criminals early, the list just goes on. Well I'm even madder this morning, than I was last night.

jolfc
10-08-2011, 07:30
Half these mindless thugs probably are not looting and causing mayhem due to government, they more than likely have no concept of what is happening in this country and credit crunch as they have never gone with out the latest must have item, as it has probably been obtained illegally by them anyway. I saw some chavvy girl being interviewed and her reason for her actions was "she gets no respect, so she will give no- one any respect", lowlife feral scum. According to reports 3 deaths have now occured, :angry: People up to the age of 52 years arrested, unbeleivable. Get the water cannons and rubber bullets going, get them in prison for a good few years they make me sick.

Goforgold
10-08-2011, 07:40
Half these mindless thugs probably are not looting and causing mayhem due to government, they more than likely have no concept of what is happening in this country and credit crunch as they have never gone with out the latest must have item, as it has probably been obtained illegally by them anyway. I saw some chavvy girl being interviewed and her reason for her actions was "she gets no respect, so she will give no- one any respect", lowlife feral scum. According to reports 3 deaths have now occured, :angry: People up to the age of 52 years arrested, unbeleivable. Get the water cannons and rubber bullets going, get them in prison for a good few years they make me sick.

These thick T**ts don't even know what the word Government means :( - too many letters in the word!!

You're so right, rubber bullets (unfortunately can't use real ones), water cannons and stick them in prison. All the do-gooders in the world will never get them on the straight and narrow - there's nothing in their sculls to work with :(

9PLUS
10-08-2011, 07:55
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14470772

V = ?

Goforgold
10-08-2011, 08:03
Bozo the Mayor has just said that the police cuts would seriously undermine the riots!!

We didn't want police cuts BEFORE the riots!!!!!

9PLUS
10-08-2011, 08:46
Jeremy Kyle style family will not listen http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14464134

Harmonicaman
10-08-2011, 09:41
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14470772

V = ?

V=IR, thought a decent sparky would have known that...

Suej
10-08-2011, 10:23
There has been a call on the football lads forums and tweets to congregate in Eltham tonight to protect the local area. Apparently 100`s of Millwall turned up as well as other firms from the capital as fans put their football rivalries aside.

This Happened in Enfield last night Fred! a large football fan vigilante group paraded around the town singing "We love you Enfield" We do" apparently there were hundreds! The residents, shop and restaurant owners welcomed the support!:)

rosemary
10-08-2011, 10:42
These youths are not interested in education or jobs. They have no home life, no discipline. Most of them are the children of single mothers with absent fathers. These mothers have no control over their children, they have no idea where they are most of the time. Feral is the correct term for them.
Many people have said bring back national service, or boot camps lasting 4 years minimum. From the age of 17. For all those on long term unemployment or who are not in higher education or apprenticeships.
It might just turn off any immigrants, illegal or genuine. A bonus.
Could it work?

Added after 2 minutes:

Bozo the Mayor has just said that the police cuts were seriously undermined by the riots!!

We didn't want police cuts BEFORE the riots!!!!!

Boris is a Buffoon.

Fred Perry
10-08-2011, 12:29
This Happened in Enfield last night Fred! a large football fan vigilante group paraded around the town singing "We love you Enfield" We do" apparently there were hundreds! The residents, shop and restaurant owners welcomed the support!:)

It happened in Enfield and Eltham. Enfield was more local residents but Eltham was more EDL/Football firms (mainly Millwall). Tonight could be very interesting. It will either go mental or there will be nothing. Reason? The call has gone out for all "lads" to patrol their towns against the would be rioters. For example I have heard that in Manchester, City & Utd are meeting up and then going around making sure that nothing happens. Same in Nottingham,London,Midlands. Thousands will be putting their club rivalries aside to unite.

Many of thses vigilante groups are EDL (English Defence League) and football casuals.

sleepy
10-08-2011, 12:43
It happened in Enfield and Eltham. Enfield was more local residents but Eltham was more EDL/Football firms (mainly Millwall). Tonight could be very interesting. It will either go mental or there will be nothing. Reason? The call has gone out for all "lads" to patrol their towns against the would be rioters. For example I have heard that in Manchester, City & Utd are meeting up and then going around making sure that nothing happens. Same in Nottingham,London,Midlands. Thousands will be putting their club rivalries aside to unite.

Many of thses vigilante groups are EDL (English Defence League) and football casuals.

The Police have said that they don't want to see these groups of vigilante because it causes them extra work.

Suej
10-08-2011, 12:51
The Police have said that they don't want to see these groups of vigilante because it causes them extra work.

I would think it does cause extra work too sleepy! but I expect it reassures some locals that there are people that are willing to help and support them at the end of the day.;)

sleepy
10-08-2011, 13:00
I would think it does cause extra work too sleepy! but I expect it reassures some locals that there are people that are willing to help and support them at the end of the day.;)

Absolutely!I can only see them as an asset so long as they work within the law.

Ecky Thump
10-08-2011, 13:06
Absolutely!I can only see them as an asset so long as they work within the law.

I can see that as being the problem, the use of mob rule will always become lawless.

cainaries
10-08-2011, 13:11
I can see that as being the problem, the use of mob rule will always become lawless.
You're right, Ecky, there shouldn't have been a vacuum for them to fill but there was. And the consequences could be long-lasting.

I don't know why I wrote that in the past tense. There shouldn't be a vacuum for them to fill but there IS!

Suej
10-08-2011, 14:01
Letīs hope it all stays within the law, but if their help is genuine then I applaud these people who I like to think of as "Neighbourhood Watch" I know how I would have felt knowing my shop had been smashed up and open to looters for 2 hours with no Police in attendance! HMV in Enfield Town is a large shop it was completely ransacked and emptied of stock like so many others.

casabonny
10-08-2011, 15:18
I really dont know quite whos to " blame " for these riots but I dont suppose it really matters anyway.
The police are dammed if they do defend and dammed if they dont.It has all got out of hand too quickly and as for announcing that there would be 16000 police in London last night as opposed to 6000 the night before then any fool should have been able to see that this would only shift the problem to other towns and cities.If however they had kept this info out of the media then it may have meant the thugs were out again in London BUT COULD HVAE BEED DEALT WITH .
It makes me angry to see the yobs that are doing this and you wonder quite what the Uk will be like in say 15/20 years with youth like this about , so glad we are not there anymore but do feel sorry for those who have lost thier homes/business etc and are now basically living in fear..... and for how long no one knows.

caroletenerife
10-08-2011, 17:36
Years ago in Scotland (dont remember which town) a woman called Big Mags and her clan, was the scruge of the neighbourhood, everybody petitioned to get her out. However, when Peodophiles moved in , and the police did nothing and the law abiding citizens turned to her for help (cos she was V scary). my point is people who are scared will show support and gratitude to anyone who promises help. From what i have seen on TV, the police just are not there when needed, so its understandable, it would be great if the sight of grown hard men patrolling the streets were to put these thugs off rioting, but i suspect they have a sense of invincability by now and it may make things worse

Suej
10-08-2011, 18:01
I understand where youīre coming from Carole the next few days will tell I suppose! knee jerk reaction is "Great! people will be looking out for us" but it could all go horribly wrong and create even further problems, but I am for it rather than against at this stage. Maybe a Poll?

Harmonicaman
10-08-2011, 18:07
How do the police differentiate between the "rioters" and the "Vigilantes"?

caroletenerife
10-08-2011, 18:10

if they are football supporters, probably beer bellies heehee x

Harmonicaman
10-08-2011, 18:11

Yeah, true but even the rioters will be football supporters.:)

Edit: Just had a thought, watch and see if any rioters start wearing football scarves/shirts and if they get caught, "I was trying to stop the trouble officer".

Ecky Thump
10-08-2011, 18:22

The only difference will be in who they fight with and what they wear, as with the case of the "American Angels" on the London Underground from the late 80's, they were not there to help, just for a ruck and to be in control. If the police let the so called "football fans" take control it will in my opinion only cause more trouble...the use of vigilantes in modern history has never worked.

Greg
10-08-2011, 18:23

Extra work??? If they had being doing their jobs properly in the first place it wouldn't have got this bad. I think that the police should be grateful for all the help they can get, I also think that gang of civic minded people who a willing to defend their own and other people property should be applauded. It will be a great deterrent to the thieving scum who think they can steal and damage other peoples property with impunity.

Harmonicaman
10-08-2011, 18:32
Extra work??? If they had being doing their jobs properly in the first place it wouldn't have got this bad. I think that the police should be grateful for all the help they can get, I also think that gang of civic minded people who a willing to defend their own and other people property should be applauded. It will be a great deterrent to the thieving scum who think they can steal and damage other peoples property with impunity.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (It's Latin and means roughly..."Who will watch the watchmen?")

caroletenerife
10-08-2011, 18:34
i dont blame the ranking file officers, they are led by lambs, too scared to get tough. It would be better if every community came out to defend their street, instead of large numbers of men roaming the streets. I think that would show support for the police and a big messgae to the Govt. However, look at the dangers, those 3 boys in Birmingham trying to protect what was theirs...this could kick off a whole new problem

Added after 10 minutes:

just heard the Scottish polis are on their way to Birmingham, i wonder if they will police the way they do in Glasgow(cough, cough) or will they have their hands tied like their english counterparts.

cainaries
10-08-2011, 18:46

I can't answer that question on here, HM, as I'd get banned. I don't think they'll find it too difficult as I would seriously like to think that the 'vigilantes' won't be afraid to show their faces. If they are, they are not vigilantes, imo.

Suej
10-08-2011, 18:48
I can't answer that question on here, HM, as I'd get banned. I don't think they'll find it too difficult as I would seriously like to think that the 'vigilantes' won't be afraid to show their faces. If they are, they are not vigilantes, imo.

Wonīt be carrying bricks and bottles full of petrol either Cainaries! Vigilante is what the media are calling it, IMO itīs Robust Community spirit;)

cainaries
10-08-2011, 18:51
Wonīt be carrying bricks and bottles full of petrol either Cainaries!;)

Or plasma tvs and other accumulated loot.;);)

Heard a rumour that Sarkozy has offered those utterly brutal French riot police (can't remember their name). For once the EU could be useful for something and I think they should take him up on it.

pablo1
10-08-2011, 18:52
You're correct Canairies. All the lads who I know that have gone out onto the streets are purposely wearing white, or light colours and are keeping their identifications public. No hoodies, no scarves covering their faces, just honest lads who are willing to protect their streets from the escapees from the asylum...

Ecky Thump
10-08-2011, 18:55
Or plasma tvs and other accumulated loot.;);)

Heard a rumour that Sarkozy has offered those utterly brutal French riot police (can't remember their name). For once the EU could be useful for something and I think they should take him up on it.

We already have them here in the UK...They are called "Military Police"!

Suej
10-08-2011, 18:58

Hmm! they could try waiting a few days I suppose just to see how bad it gets first!:whistle:

kingbaker
10-08-2011, 19:04
good advert for olympics next year !!
Any excuse to loot shops and cause mayhem - deprived area now even more deprived with millions of pounds of damage being done - make them clean it up themselves - why should taxpayers pay for this - let them lie in their own filth !

o dear! Odear! Odear!

Suej
10-08-2011, 19:30
i dont blame the ranking file officers, they are led by lambs, too scared to get tough. It would be better if every community came out to defend their street, instead of large numbers of men roaming the streets. I think that would show support for the police and a big messgae to the Govt. However, look at the dangers, those 3 boys in Birmingham trying to protect what was theirs...this could kick off a whole new problem

Added after 10 minutes:

just heard the Scottish polis are on their way to Birmingham, i wonder if they will police the way they do in Glasgow(cough, cough) or will they have their hands tied like their english counterparts.

The Scottish say they have in fact increased their Police Force rather than cut back (Dig) and are sending into England 10 units of trained Riot police (250 officers in total)

caroletenerife
10-08-2011, 19:50
Seems to me that Cameron wants to increase employment. Why does he not re-employ the thousands of soldiers that have been laid off in the cut backs and re-open the military bases they have closed. I really believe this is feasable, these rioters are a product of our society, they were not born like that. They need to learn respect, for others as well as themselves. I have known boys that have been very close to the criminal line that joined up, and it was the making of them. Place those found guilty in camps, instead of these stupid ASBO's. A bit of genuine discipline, routine and role models that are worth looking up to might pull some of them back to normality. Ive known Sergeant Majors and they would have these so called hard boys wetting their pants.

9PLUS
10-08-2011, 19:57
Going through a bit more stuff on the Net.

****************WARNING VERY STRONG LANGUAGE*******************

If you a offended by STRONG LANGUAGE don't watch it

This was infact his mildest but the rest of his stuff is just as interesting

http://www.youtube.com/user/SirRobottoable#p/a/u/2/zNGCoLh9XXQ

Suej
10-08-2011, 20:09
Seems to me that Cameron wants to increase employment. Why does he not re-employ the thousands of soldiers that have been laid off in the cut backs and re-open the military bases they have closed. I really believe this is feasable, these rioters are a product of our society, they were not born like that. They need to learn respect, for others as well as themselves. I have known boys that have been very close to the criminal line that joined up, and it was the making of them. Place those found guilty in camps, instead of these stupid ASBO's. A bit of genuine discipline, routine and role models that are worth looking up to might pull some of them back to normality. Ive known Sergeant Majors and they would have these so called hard boys wetting their pants.

What a brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumping:

caroletenerife
10-08-2011, 20:26
What a brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumping:

None of this PC garbage allowed. Up at 6am spit polish the boots, clean the toilets...never stop till scran time. Ive never known anyone take pride in a properly ironed shirt like a Royal Marine x

junglejim
10-08-2011, 21:48
[/B]

The Scottish say they have in fact increased their Police Force rather than cut back (Dig) and are sending into England 10 units of trained Riot police (250 officers in total)

Now it īs spread to Edinburgh !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW0356brnrE&feature=player_embedded

Harmonicaman
10-08-2011, 21:49
Now it īs spread to Edinburgh !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW0356brnrE&feature=player_embedded

Anarchy!!!!!

cainaries
10-08-2011, 23:05

Ecky, I don't think they are. Surely Military Police are police who police the military? That French Riot Squad ... something like SG5 .. police the public not the military. I shall have to try to find a link somewhere. They might be military officers but their role is to police the public and arm and use the water cannon, etc.

Just checked. They are the CRS and they are riot police particularly notorious during student riots of 1968.

Ecky Thump
10-08-2011, 23:09
Ecky, I don't think they are. Surely Military Police are police who police the military? That French Riot Squad ... something like SG5 .. police the public not the military. I shall have to try to find a link somewhere. They might be military officers but their role is to police the public and arm and use the water cannon, etc.

You misunderstood me a bit, I meant they have similar capabilities of being ruthless if needed.

slodgedad
10-08-2011, 23:10
The scary bit to me, on the news today, was the authorisation of baton rounds (rubber bullets)

cainaries
10-08-2011, 23:13
You misunderstood me a bit, I meant they have similar capabilities of being ruthless if needed.

Posts crossed, Ecky. Ruthless is what we need.

caroletenerife
11-08-2011, 00:57
funny, when i first saw the post i thought nnnoooooo, but yeh that would be about the drift of a riot in edinburgh x

WeeJake
11-08-2011, 02:07
Iīve said this on a number of occasions this week. Enoch Powell was a man before his time. He saw what was going to happen and by listening to his constituents at the time he voiced them. And by god he was right. Read his "River of Blood Speech" youīll be amazed how accurate the man was in 1969. WE NEED A LEADER WHO WILL LEAD BRITAIN OUT OF THE CESSPIT ITīS BECOME!!!! Nowhere else in Europe are the authorities sooooo tolerant of "ruling factions". We now live in Spain and my god, I would never like to get on the wrong side of the Guardia Civil!! We have rules here and we abide by them. thatīs the way it should be. Thereīs no Rules now in the UK, thereīs no semblance of order. All weīve got are politicians with yellow streaks down their backs who are afraid to do anything for fear of upsetting the bloody do-gooders. GET A BLOODY BACKBONE AND FIX OUR COUNTRY and stop worrying abour your expense accounts!!!! If youīre in it for the money GET OUT!!! If youīre in it for the Glory GET OUT!!! If youīre in it for the PEOPLE youīre supposed to represent then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!

caroletenerife
11-08-2011, 09:43
Iīve said this on a number of occasions this week. Enoch Powell was a man before his time. He saw what was going to happen and by listening to his constituents at the time he voiced them. And by god he was right. Read his "River of Blood Speech" youīll be amazed how accurate the man was in 1969. WE NEED A LEADER WHO WILL LEAD BRITAIN OUT OF THE CESSPIT ITīS BECOME!!!! Nowhere else in Europe are the authorities sooooo tolerant of "ruling factions". We now live in Spain and my god, I would never like to get on the wrong side of the Guardia Civil!! We have rules here and we abide by them. thatīs the way it should be. Thereīs no Rules now in the UK, thereīs no semblance of order. All weīve got are politicians with yellow streaks down their backs who are afraid to do anything for fear of upsetting the bloody do-gooders. GET A BLOODY BACKBONE AND FIX OUR COUNTRY and stop worrying abour your expense accounts!!!! If youīre in it for the money GET OUT!!! If youīre in it for the Glory GET OUT!!! If youīre in it for the PEOPLE youīre supposed to represent then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!

I agree with your statements on getting tough, but old Enoch has been done to death...Yes the initial rioters were black, because it was in a predominatley black area, but since there have been just as many white faces appearing on the screens, including the mugging of that young injured student!!! These are delinquints, the colour doesnt really matter. In Glasgow there are areas either predominatly Catholic or Protestant, if it had started there in a specific area, would we be blaming their religion for it.

junglejim
11-08-2011, 12:19
I agree with your statements on getting tough, but old Enoch has been done to death...Yes the initial rioters were black, because it was in a predominatley black area, but since there have been just as many white faces appearing on the screens, including the mugging of that young injured student!!! These are delinquints, the colour doesnt really matter. In Glasgow there are areas either predominatly Catholic or Protestant, if it had started there in a specific area, would we be blaming their religion for it.
Not sure if I can totally agree on areas being predominantly one religion or other in Glasgow Carole ,as Gerrymandering was done away with a long time ago , however Glasgow council has in its wisdom allowed an Orange Black Order Parade to march along by Celtic Park this Saturday whilst 60,000 Celtic supporters are attending a football match there !- as in previous years the "Walk" has attempted( but failed) to go outwith its designated zone and march down Gallowgate area, well known for itīs Celtic pubs - this , in present climate is a recipe for disaster as breakout of violence in previous years has shown !
Equally so, there are areas around Albert Drive that are predominantly Asian and no go areas for white people that have been bubbling under the radar for a few years now just waiting to explode .
What surprises me is that the Chief Constable complained that with all the events in and around Glasgow this weekend he was overstretched , yet we have sent 450 "Riot Police" down south to help out !

canarianchicken
11-08-2011, 15:17
What a brave Lady. Some might say stupid, but I admire her guts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14482697

caroletenerife
11-08-2011, 16:59
Not sure if I can totally agree on areas being predominantly one religion or other in Glasgow Carole ,as Gerrymandering was done away with a long time ago , however Glasgow council has in its wisdom allowed an Orange Black Order Parade to march along by Celtic Park this Saturday whilst 60,000 Celtic supporters are attending a football match there !- as in previous years the "Walk" has attempted( but failed) to go outwith its designated zone and march down Gallowgate area, well known for itīs Celtic pubs - this , in present climate is a recipe for disaster as breakout of violence in previous years has shown !
Equally so, there are areas around Albert Drive that are predominantly Asian and no go areas for white people that have been bubbling under the radar for a few years now just waiting to explode .
What surprises me is that the Chief Constable complained that with all the events in and around Glasgow this weekend he was overstretched , yet we have sent 450 "Riot Police" down south to help out !

Fair do's Jim i have not 'lived' in Glasgow since i was twenty, so its a good thing its changed. As for the walk, who makes these decisons!!. Will need the officers that have been sent south and reinforcements if it kicks off. Its not an old Firm game is it? All we need is for Neil and Sally to start handbagging again.

junglejim
11-08-2011, 17:22
Fair do's Jim i have not 'lived' in Glasgow since i was twenty, so its a good thing its changed. As for the walk, who makes these decisons!!. Will need the officers that have been sent south and reinforcements if it kicks off. Its not an old Firm game is it? All we need is for Neil and Sally to start handbagging again.
No Celtic v Dundee Utd - police opposed it but council approved because it would" breach human rights"!

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/264123-royal-black-parades-near-celtic-park-given-go-ahead/

The way things are going Rangers might not be there for next game !

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3746124/Tax-raid-on-Rangers.html

YOUNG GOLFER
11-08-2011, 17:36
EXETER RICH KID STUDENT CHARGED WITH LOOTING
Among the accused was, for instance, Laura Johnson, the 19-year-old daughter of a successful company director. She lives in a detached converted farmhouse in Orpington, Kent, with extensive grounds and a tennis court.
She is an English and Italian undergraduate at Exeter, favourite of the Boden-wearing classes. Before that, she attended St Olave's Grammar, the fourth-best state school in the country, and its sister school, Newstead Wood, gaining nine GCSE A grades and four A*s.
At St Olave's, she studied A-levels in French, English literature, geography and classical civilisation. Yesterday, at Highbury, she was accused of something slightly less civilised – looting the Charlton Curry's superstore of electrical goods worth Ģ5,000.
The case was transferred to Bexleyheath magistrates where she was placed on bail with a strict curfew. Her parents, Robert and Lindsay, run Avongate, a direct marketing company, but Mr Johnson was also a director of a company that took over the Daily Sport and Sunday Sport newspapers in 2007. A neighbour, who asked not to be named, said: "I just wouldn't expect someone from round here to be accused of this." (TELEGRAPH 11.08.11)”

Not a person you would of thought would need to steal....and from my home town of Exeter.

Exeter University student on London riots theft charges

A wealthy undergraduate from the University of Exeter has been accused of stealing from shops during the riots in London.

Laura Johnson, 19, has appeared before magistrates in Bexley on five counts of burglary.

Miss Johnson, who is reading English and Italian, is reported to be the daughter of a millionaire businessman from Orpington, south-east London.

She was released on bail, to return to court on 21 September.

A statement released by the University of Exeter said: "We can confirm that Laura Johnson is an undergraduate student at the University of Exeter.

"The university will await the outcome of the court case before deciding on whether to take any action."

nurse ratchet
11-08-2011, 18:36
There was also an estate agent involved ;);)

"Two university students pleaded guilty to the burglary of a PC World store the day after it had been ransacked by looters.

Saffron Armstrong, 22, who is studying accountancy and finance at Kingston University, and Kairo Lawson, 22, a civil engineering student were remanded in custody.

Gassam Ojey, 22, an estate agent with a baby daughter, pleaded not guilty of the same offence and was also remanded in custody. All three men are from Mitcham, Surrey."

source The Times

caroletenerife
11-08-2011, 19:11
No Celtic v Dundee Utd - police opposed it but council approved because it would" breach human rights"!

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/264123-royal-black-parades-near-celtic-park-given-go-ahead/

The way things are going Rangers might not be there for next game !

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3746124/Tax-raid-on-Rangers.html

This human right nonsense has gone too far and has made a mockery of the concept, there are people suffering horrendous torture and their lives made a living hell because they lack basic 'human rights'. Those that whinge in courts and government offices in the UK only abuse the term and should be ashamed.

Greg
11-08-2011, 19:30
I wonder if the looters are laughing at the irony as the Police kick their doors in?

tizzywizzy
11-08-2011, 19:42
What a brave Lady. Some might say stupid, but I admire her guts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14482697

Not a thing i would do, but she saved her shop and stood her ground so good for her.

Jackie
11-08-2011, 19:59
Among the accused was, for instance, Laura Johnson, the 19-year-old daughter of a successful company director. She lives in a detached converted farmhouse in Orpington, Kent, with extensive grounds and a tennis court.
She is an English and Italian undergraduate at Exeter, favourite of the Boden-wearing classes. Before that, she attended St Olave's Grammar, the fourth-best state school in the country, and its sister school, Newstead Wood, gaining nine GCSE A grades and four A*s.
At St Olave's, she studied A-levels in French, English literature, geography and classical civilisation. Yesterday, at Highbury, she was accused of something slightly less civilised – looting the Charlton Curry's superstore of electrical goods worth Ģ5,000.
The case was transferred to Bexleyheath magistrates where she was placed on bail with a strict curfew. Her parents, Robert and Lindsay, run Avongate, a direct marketing company, but Mr Johnson was also a director of a company that took over the Daily Sport and Sunday Sport newspapers in 2007. A neighbour, who asked not to be named, said: "I just wouldn't expect someone from round here to be accused of this." (TELEGRAPH 11.08.11)”

Not a person you would of thought would need to steal....and from my home town of Exeter.

A wealthy undergraduate from the University of Exeter has been accused of stealing from shops during the riots in London.

Laura Johnson, 19, has appeared before magistrates in Bexley on five counts of burglary.

Miss Johnson, who is reading English and Italian, is reported to be the daughter of a millionaire businessman from Orpington, south-east London.

A statement released by the University of Exeter said: "We can confirm that Laura Johnson is an undergraduate student at the University of Exeter.

"The university will await the outcome of the court case before deciding on whether to take any action."

Well at least that puts Rosemary's idea about them all being children of single mothers who have no idea how to control them out the door ;) Maybe she will now take that comment back and apologise to all the single mums out there who do a fantastic job with their kids. I know some forum members have daughters who are single parents and I can't imagine for one minute they will agree with Rosemary's view.

tizzywizzy
11-08-2011, 20:27

These persons have had a good education,come from respectable homes. For people to blame the parents is wrong as in some cases it is not your upbringing. They did wrong and they have to suffer the consequences.

markcuk
11-08-2011, 20:42
this is great http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com/

caroletenerife
11-08-2011, 20:51
Well at least that puts Rosemary's idea about them all being children of single mothers who have no idea how to control them out the door ;) Maybe she will now take that comment back and apologise to all the single mums out there who do a fantastic job with their kids. I know some forum members have daughters who are single parents and I can't imagine for one minute they will agree with Rosemary's view.

off to work in a minute but missed rosemary's insight, will look for it when i get in. Im a single parent so will make interesting reading. Princess Di was too...I do hope Prince Harry has been behaving himself x

Jackie
11-08-2011, 21:11
off to work in a minute but missed rosemary's insight, will look for it when i get in. Im a single parent so will make interesting reading. Princess Di was too...I do hope Prince Harry has been behaving himself x

Post 160 ;) I was waiting for a single parent or one of the forum members who I know have daughters who are single parents to pick up on it actually. I did have my views on her post but haven't had time to reply myself due to work, thing is my reply would probably get me banned, I have never 'met' such a narrow minded person.

Suej
11-08-2011, 21:17
Post 160 ;) I was waiting for a single parent or one of the forum members who I know have daughters who are single parents to pick up on it actually. I did have my views on her post but haven't had time to reply myself due to work, thing is my reply would probably get me banned, I have never 'met' such a narrow minded person.

Just read the post Jackie and sadly it is a direct insult at single Mums. My sister is a single Mum and her son has a brilliant job in Advertising and has never been in any trouble in his life! :)

Jackie
11-08-2011, 21:28
Just read the post Jackie and sadly it is a direct insult at single Mums. My sister is a single Mum and her son has a brilliant job in Advertising and has never been in any trouble in his life! :)

Sue you only have to read her other threads/posts to know that she tars everyone with the same brush when talking about certain things. She is a very blinkered and narrow minded person

YOUNG GOLFER
12-08-2011, 01:24
There was also an estate agent involved ;);)

"Two university students pleaded guilty to the burglary of a PC World store the day after it had been ransacked by looters.

Saffron Armstrong, 22, who is studying accountancy and finance at Kingston University, and Kairo Lawson, 22, a civil engineering student were remanded in custody.

Gassam Ojey, 22, an estate agent with a baby daughter, pleaded not guilty of the same offence and was also remanded in custody. All three men are from Mitcham, Surrey."

source The Times

Well to be fair the agent did plead not guilty..........god knows why though they must have something on him to remand him in custody.........

Added after 13 minutes:

This is a good enough reason to get tough with these punks NOW.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16048571

caroletenerife
12-08-2011, 03:55
These youths are not interested in education or jobs. They have no home life, no discipline. Most of them are the children of single mothers with absent fathers. These mothers have no control over their children, they have no idea where they are most of the time. Feral is the correct term for them.
Many people have said bring back national service, or boot camps lasting 4 years minimum. From the age of 17. For all those on long term unemployment or who are not in higher education or apprenticeships.
Could it work?

Added after 2 minutes:

Boris is a Buffoon.
Do you have any statistics to back up your accusations, do you KNOW 'most' of them, is that what qualifies you to pass judgement. As revealed in the news, there are rioters that were raised in priviliged backgrounds, everything, good and proper in their upbringing, so whats your take on them, have they been led astray by the 'feral children'. Is being unemployed a crime, i must have missed that meeting. I dont have a problem being tough with those that cross the line, but punishing people because they cant get a job...come on. I am a single parent and my daughter has her own business and unless she has kept it a good secret, has not sunk into drug abuse, prositution, thieving, rioting or violence towards others, so i dont know where i went wrong in the rosemary guide to single parenthood. Adolf Hitler had two parents Rosemary!!!!!

Ecky Thump
12-08-2011, 06:09
Tragically the rioting has claimed another life, a 68 man from Ealing was kicked to death while trying to put out a fire.:(

Goforgold
12-08-2011, 08:03
I'm not sure if this may have been covered in this thread as I've not been able to keep up with it over the last couple of days, but could someone tell me why it would be so wrong to name and shame the ones who are too young to be prosecuted. Someone on LBC radio this morning was adamant that it would be wrong, but didn't explain why.

jolfc
12-08-2011, 08:04
Sorry, but I can not agree with the single parent comment. I know many single parents and their children have grown up knowing right from wrong and now work full time or have their own company, they do not take drugs, steal, fight or go out getting hammered for the sake of it on a weekend. I also know people who have children from a two parent family that are not so law abiding, in fact a friend of mine has a son on drugs that has been in prison 4 times now ( he is 30) and is awaiting a trial for aggrevated burgalary ( in my mind he deserves all he gets) so sometimes it has nothing to do with how many parents were at home bringing the child up. Many children have tough up bringings, but still know what is the right way to behave in society. We should not tar all single parent families with the same brush. :)

TOTO 99
12-08-2011, 08:14
I'm not sure if this may have been covered in this thread as I've not been able to keep up with it over the last couple of days, but could someone tell me why it would be so wrong to name and shame the ones who are too young to be prosecuted. Someone on LBC radio this morning was adamant that it would be wrong, but didn't explain why.

Surely nobody can be too young to be prosecuted? I'm thinking back to the Bulger case where the killers were only young kids at the time. Perhaps something has changed since then but in my opinion a lot of them will carry on offending no matter what so I guess we'll be seeing their faces in the paper at some point in the future.

Goforgold
12-08-2011, 08:23
Surely nobody can be too young to be prosecuted? I'm thinking back to the Bulger case where the killers were only young kids at the time. Perhaps something has changed since then but in my opinion a lot of them will carry on offending no matter what so I guess we'll be seeing their faces in the paper at some point in the future.

I've just Googled this. The law needs changing. Even very young children these days are so much more aware of what is going on around them, than when I was growing up. They know exactly what they are doing. With the Bulger case it was proved that they knew exactly what they were doing and that it had been planned to abduct a child.

If you are under 18
Anyone under the age of 18 is considered to be a child in the eyes of the law and special provisions apply to children.

Children under 10

Children under the age of 10 can’t be guilty of an offence. This is because the law assumes that children under 10 are too young to understand that what they are doing is wrong.

Children aged between 10 and 14

The law also assumes that children aged 10 - 14 who break the law are unable to understand that what they are doing is wrong. But, if it can be shown that a child aged between 10 and 14 did actually understand that what she or he was doing was seriously wrong, then he or she can be charged with an offence.

Children aged between 15-17

Children aged between 15 and 17 can be charged with offences, but there are special provisions that apply. The legal system tries to deal with children in a way that avoids them being locked up and helps them learn from their mistakes. But what happens will depend on the age of the child (in other words, how close to turning 18 the child is), what the child did, and whether the child has a history of getting into trouble.

Jackie
12-08-2011, 09:27
Agree GFG, these kids know exactly what they are doing but will play the 'I'm sorry Mr Policeman I though it was a game' card. Sorry but if these were my kids involved I would personally string them up, maybe if the cane and the slipper were still dished out in schools and parents were still allowed to discipline their children without fear of being prosecuted then things would be different. On the odd occasion that I got the slipper in school I would have been too scared to go home and complain to my parents because I know I would have been punished by them as well for playing up in school.

Teachers are unable to do anything with the kids in schools nowadays. My friend is a teacher and they are not even allowed to physically pull two kids apart if they are fighting, they have to ASK them to stop, my sister in law who also worked in a school actually got the sack for pulling two girls apart. My kids, even before the age of 10 knew exactly what was right and what was wrong and I will admit if they deserved a smack on the bum they got it. No MP sitting in his posh house or offices was going to tell me how to bring my children up, look what has happened to the kids of the parents that took notice of them and failed to discipline their sprogs.

bonitatime
12-08-2011, 11:03
I commented on families who lack a father figure on facebook and wnted to say a father figure is a role. There are 2 parent families who have no father figure. Do you remember when your mum said wait till your father gets home!!! Mine was away a lot but just the concept if what might be was enough. My youngest sister could be made to behave with the phrase "iam not very pleased with this" till she was about 12
In many households parenting seems to have gotten lost. I see it all the time here. Till last year i worked in a hotel where some parents sat in the bar and the children ran riot. "Im on my holidays" would come the reply if queried. Sod everyone else seemed to be their thought process
These people dont come from a class or a money level they are just families who in my opinion shouldnt have children.
I was watching the news yesterday and my eldest who is now 19 said to me "i would haven been grounded till the next century if I had been there" and he is right. There are loads of good single parents but there are also lots of uncaring parents. Money and things are not enough.
I was gobsmacked recently when I read how many households in the UK have no table to eat at. This says a lot if you think about it.

rosemary
12-08-2011, 12:00

Proud of my daughter Thread. Post 19.

Where - I wonder - did I ever say that ALL single mothers were bad parents? I did say that MOST of these british afro caribbean single mothers (because they were the ones under discussion in the rioting) are unable to discipline their children and have no help or support from the absent fathers of their children. The children are running wild, feral is a good description, and they are drawn to the powerful influence of gangs and gang culture.

In the Caribbean it is traditionally the grandmothers who raised these children and it is a good system. The mothers are able to work, childcare is provided by grandparents, who are usually very strict!

And BTW I was a single mother myself for 15 years after my first marriage ended in divorce.

Letīs keep a sense of perspectve on this Forum. And remember that we do not "Know" each other or each otherīs backgrounds. Deliberately twisting somebodyīs words to suit your own interpretation is a road to nowhere. If you donīt like someoneīs opinions on a subject, fine. No need for it to become personal. If it does go on that way then a Forum degenerates into personal vendettas. And that would be a great pity IMO.

caroletenerife
12-08-2011, 12:31
Just so i dont twist your words, here is a quote from your post.
'These youths are not interested in education or jobs. They have no home life, no discipline. Most of them are the children of single mothers with absent fathers. These mothers have no control over their children, they have no idea where they are most of the time. Feral is the correct term for them.'
You made no mention of afro caribbean...you generalised. Incase you have missed the news broadcasts, there have been plenty of pastey white faces helping themselves at Comet and Sony shops, lets not forget the priviliged students from wealthy families, oh and the teacher, lets not overlook him, what gangs did they belong to. Now it seems you are targetting a specific group to get yourself off the hook with single parents. I dont see any twisting of your words, they are your words, in black and white

rosemary
12-08-2011, 12:38
Just so i dont twist your words, here is a quote from your post.
'These youths are not interested in education or jobs. They have no home life, no discipline. Most of them are the children of single mothers with absent fathers. These mothers have no control over their children, they have no idea where they are most of the time. Feral is the correct term for them.'
You made no mention of afro caribbean...you generalised. Incase you have missed the news broadcasts, there have been plenty of pastey white faces helping themselves at Comet and Sony shops, lets not forget the priviliged students from wealthy families, oh and the teacher, lets not overlook him, what gangs did they belong to. Now it seems you are targetting a specific group to get yourself off the hook with single parents. I dont see any twisting of your words, they are your words, in black and white

Did I say that there were NO white faces amongst these children? I am well aware that they were/are not ALL black afro caribbean. How you wish to INTERPRET my words is your own concern not mine.

primrose
12-08-2011, 13:08

You have just posted about Rosemary generalising , well isn't that exactly what you did in this post. Post 172 on this thread.

Suej
12-08-2011, 14:36
Maybe we should all use the phrase "In my opinion" a bit more!;)

Goforgold
12-08-2011, 16:54
Agree GFG, these kids know exactly what they are doing but will play the 'I'm sorry Mr Policeman I though it was a game' card. Sorry but if these were my kids involved I would personally string them up, maybe if the cane and the slipper were still dished out in schools and parents were still allowed to discipline their children without fear of being prosecuted then things would be different. On the odd occasion that I got the slipper in school I would have been too scared to go home and complain to my parents because I know I would have been punished by them as well for playing up in school.

Teachers are unable to do anything with the kids in schools nowadays. My friend is a teacher and they are not even allowed to physically pull two kids apart if they are fighting, they have to ASK them to stop, my sister in law who also worked in a school actually got the sack for pulling two girls apart. My kids, even before the age of 10 knew exactly what was right and what was wrong and I will admit if they deserved a smack on the bum they got it. No MP sitting in his posh house or offices was going to tell me how to bring my children up, look what has happened to the kids of the parents that took notice of them and failed to discipline their sprogs.

You are so right!! A friend of ours gave up teaching as he said it wasn't teaching it was just "crowd control" !! My OH taught percussion in schools for a while and gave it up. He hated every minute of it and said it just wound him up so much he couldn't continue. He is the mildest of men, but he said he could have got hold of some of them and ..............:twak:

Maybe we should all use the phrase "In my opinion" a bit more!;)

Hi Suej - I thought we all knew Forums are just 'opinions' and nothing more. ;)

YOUNG GOLFER
12-08-2011, 17:06
You have just posted about Rosemary generalising , well isn't that exactly what you did in this post. Post 172 on this thread.

I read this as a bit of fun caroletenerife is a nice friendly person in real life.....think she was having a little fun;)

9PLUS
12-08-2011, 17:22
I Like Sex

x

Suej
12-08-2011, 17:27
You are so right!! A friend of ours gave up teaching as he said it wasn't teaching it was just "crowd control" !! My OH taught percussion in schools for a while and gave it up. He hated every minute of it and said it just wound him up so much he couldn't continue. He is the mildest of men, but he said he could have got hold of some of them and ..............:twak:

Hi Suej - I thought we all knew Forums are just 'opinions' and nothing more. ;)

Yeah I agree 100% GFG! but so many think that their opinions are right or state things as correct when they are clearly not! Lots of Anne Robinsons too! just have a knack of sounding rude...This is not directed at anyone on this thread by the way! and if we all accepted each otherīs opinions why the bickering or should I say banter??? Aww now look Iīve gone completely off topic!:devil:

caroletenerife
12-08-2011, 17:41

It was a joke Primrose, the 'heehee' was a clue!!! However, as you are sensitive over this statement I shall retract the statement forthwith and openly declare to the world that ALL football supporters do indeed NOT have large lumps of lard wobbling where their waistline should be.. to prove you are right, here you are..

How could I be SOOOOOOOOO wrong.. I have to say however, 'IN MY OPINION' he is the exception rather than the rule. I shall now go and register for one of the 'said' bootcamps, and hopefully i shall re enter society as a more constructive member:D

Goforgold
12-08-2011, 17:59
Yeah I agree 100% GFG! but so many think that their opinions are right or state things as correct when they are clearly not! Lots of Anne Robinsons too! just have a knack of sounding rude...This is not directed at anyone on this thread by the way! and if we all accepted each otherīs opinions why the bickering or should I say banter??? Aww now look Iīve gone completely off topic!:devil:

It's the 'bickering' that livens it up - as long as we all make up in the end. :hit::hit::hit::hit::hit:

Suej
12-08-2011, 18:01
It was a joke Primrose, the 'heehee' was a clue!!! However, as you are sensitive over this statement I shall retract the statement forthwith and openly declare to the world that ALL football supporters do indeed NOT have large lumps of lard wobbling where their waistline should be.. to prove you are right, here you are..

How could I be SOOOOOOOOO wrong.. I have to say however, 'IN MY OPINION' he is the exception rather than the rule. I shall now go and register for one of the 'said' bootcamps, and hopefully i shall re enter society as a more constructive member:D

:crylaughing: Well said Carole!

It's the 'bickering' that livens it up - as long as we all make up in the end. :hit::hit::hit::hit::hit:

Take that then!:twak:.................LOL:neener:

Goforgold
12-08-2011, 18:08
:crylaughing: Well said Carole!

Take that then!:twak:.................LOL:neener:

Nasty!!! :(

I've just realised this is the 'riot' thread - not setting a very good example here!! :ashamed:

howard thornton
12-08-2011, 18:09
I Like Sex

x

rather a little off topic, pft.good evening mark.

caroletenerife
12-08-2011, 18:14
I Like Sex

x

More people should, they would have less time to riot:)

Suej
12-08-2011, 18:22
Nasty!!! :(

I've just realised this is the 'riot' thread - not setting a very good example here!! :ashamed:

We can make up now GFG!!!:stroke: No harm done!

Added after 1 7 minutes:

Tottenham and Everton match has been postponed due to safety reasons! Sorry AJ!:bowdown:

YOUNG GOLFER
12-08-2011, 19:39
Well it looks like the trouble in the UK right now is going to cost...........

http://www.mirror.co.uk/most-popular/headlines/2011/08/12/britain-facing-1-billion-bill-for-riots-115875-23338189/

One of the quotes from the newspaper.....

BRITAIN’S Ģ115billion tourism industry is holding its breath for the fall-out from the riots.

This week’s scenes risk scaring overseas visitors away from the UK.

A report by the Centre for Retail Research and Kelkoo says if just 1% of tourists change their plans, it could cost the industry Ģ520 million in the next year.

Jimandsi
12-08-2011, 19:55
A report by the Centre for Retail Research and Kelkoo says if just 1% of tourists change their plans, it could cost the industry Ģ520 million in the next year.

Be positive - the Olympics and the weak pound will easily make up any shortfall next year.

YOUNG GOLFER
12-08-2011, 20:11
Be positive - the Olympics and the weak pound will easily make up any shortfall next year.

I just hope you are right Jimandsi.........But now its talk of the army?

This needs to STOP Now.

British premier institutes tough anti-riot measures
Friday, 12 August 2011

London, Friday. British Prime Minister David Cameron has unveiled measures to end the country's worst riots in decades, and admitted the army could be called in to quell the violence which claimed its fifth fatality today.

As a police crackdown and heavy rain prevented a fifth night of chaos, Cameron told an emergency session of parliament he would give police extra powers including the ability to order youths to remove face coverings. London police announced Friday that 68-year-old Richard Mannington Bowes had died in hospital after he was attacked while trying to deter looters in the west London district of Ealing on Monday.

Cameron said that a year before London hosts the 2012 Olympics, Britain needed to show a more positive face to the world after the riots in which dozens of buildings have been torched.

"We will not stop until this mindless violence and thuggery is defeated and law and order is fully restored on all our streets," he told lawmakers. "We need to show the world, which has looked on frankly appalled, that the perpetrators of the violence we have seen on our streets are not in any way representative of our country -- nor of our young people."

Anyone whose property was damaged will be compensated, Cameron added.Britain is still reeling after four of the worst nights of rioting for decades, which started in London then spread to other English cities including Manchester and Birmingham.The riots started on Saturday, sparked by anger over the shooting by police of a 29-year-old man, Mark Duggan, in the deprived north London district of Tottenham. (AFP)

Harmonicaman
12-08-2011, 20:15
I Like Sex

x

I thought you liked pea soup and some of the Star War films...Oh! and frilly knickers if memory serves.

YOUNG GOLFER
12-08-2011, 20:33
RIP Broken Britain.. You went soft on discipline!.. You went soft on crime.. Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear.. Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!! Copy & paste if you agree....

It's sad when you read comments like the one above which seem to be doing the rounds on facebook.

Thing is i am not sure if i agree or not with the post:(:(:(

benward
12-08-2011, 20:43
Not sure either... You only get out of life what you put in .....Put nought in, dont expect nothing back.

slodgedad
12-08-2011, 20:45
RIP Broken Britain.. You went soft on discipline!.. You went soft on crime.. Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear.. Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!! Copy & paste if you agree....

It's sad when you read comments like the one above which seem to be doing the rounds on facebook.

Having spoken to a fair few British coppers and school teachers in my 17 years in Tenerife I am totally amazed at the loss of authority these once proud members of a society I grew up in have lost.

They were, and still should be, the bedrock of our young growing up.

Respect is just a word given to pop stars now.

(Personal opinion. Nothing to do with my mod status)

YOUNG GOLFER
12-08-2011, 20:49
Not sure either... You only get out of life what you put in .....Put nought in, dont expect nothing back.

I agree you only get what you put in.....but it makes me mad when i see people just take or rob, or steal guess a word that can sum up these sort...is something we get a lot of over here in Tenerife...... cockroaches.

benward
12-08-2011, 21:02
I agree you only get what you put in.....but it makes me mad when i see people just take or rob, or steal guess a word that can sum up these sort...is something we get a lot of over here in Tenerife...... cockroaches. Theres plenty of them over here as well ,what shocked me was it wasnt only the unemployed in the riots , there was uni students and employed as well.

slodgedad
12-08-2011, 21:07
Theres plenty of them over here as well ,what shocked me was it wasnt only the unemployed in the riots , there was uni students and employed as well.I was involved in the 84 miner's stike and we had those idiots too.

Any excuse for a barny.

They had the gall to come up to you and say they were helping with a brick in their hand.

Jackie
12-08-2011, 21:11
Could it work?

Added after 2 minutes:

Boris is a Buffoon.

Your first post Rosemary, not one mention of 'Afro Caribbean single mothers' just 'single mothers'

Proud of my daughter Thread. Post 19.

Where - I wonder - did I ever say that ALL single mothers were bad parents? I did say that MOST of these british afro caribbean single mothers (because they were the ones under discussion in the rioting) are unable to discipline their children and have no help or support from the absent fathers of their children. The children are running wild, feral is a good description, and they are drawn to the powerful influence of gangs and gang culture.

In the Caribbean it is traditionally the grandmothers who raised these children and it is a good system. The mothers are able to work, childcare is provided by grandparents, who are usually very strict!

And BTW I was a single mother myself for 15 years after my first marriage ended in divorce.

Letīs keep a sense of perspectve on this Forum. And remember that we do not "Know" each other or each otherīs backgrounds. Deliberately twisting somebodyīs words to suit your own interpretation is a road to nowhere. If you donīt like someoneīs opinions on a subject, fine. No need for it to become personal. If it does go on that way then a Forum degenerates into personal vendettas. And that would be a great pity IMO.

Your second post after realising you had dug a hole for yourself in the first post that you was trying to climb out of. Unfortunately the written word cannot lie. It is clear for all to see that you have backtracked on your 'single mother' statement and suddenly decided you meant Afro Craibbean mothers:confused: We are talking about riots in the UK not bloody Jamaica, where do the Afro Caribbean single mothers even come into it:confused:

I agree with it 100% YG. I am 52 ( ssshhhh ;) ) and I have never witnessed such disorder in the UK. I think we all agree that the majority of the rioters are young males and females who have no idea as to why the riots even started in the first place. They just saw the opportunity to wreak a bit more havoc on society and grab a pair of up to the minute trainers or a plasma TV for their bedrooms in the process, knowing that the law is unable to touch the majority of them due to their ages. Even those parents that are disgusted with their kids part in all this have their hands tied. How can any normal parent or school discipline a child in this day and age when they are threatened with prosecution. There are parents, like myself I might add, that couldn't give a stuff what Laws are passed regarding the disciplining of their children. As I have said previously if mine deserved a short sharp shock they got it and believe me if any of my kids had ever acted in the way that a lot of the kids have in the UK over the last week I would end up doing time, because there is no way on this earth that I personally would let them get away with it. Let's face it how many of them will be punished for their part in these riots by the Law? very few I would imagine, and when they get away with this was is next on the agenda for them?