PDA

View Full Version : Son-in-law found a purse last night.

dede
07-08-2011, 19:50
My son-in-law found a purse last night on his way home from work, there were credit cards in it and photos of children, reciepts for a few meals and a business card, but no money, we have spent all day trying to find the owner of it, putting posters in a few local shops, and visiting the bars where they had receipts from, after sending an email to the name on the business card asking them to phone us they finally phoned us and we took it to them, they were a lovely couple staying in the santa barbara hotel and were so grateful for the return of the cards and photos they tried to give us 10 euros but no way did we want it, i asked was it lost or was it stolen, and the lady told us she had it in the taxi that they got home last night and that was the last time she had it, but where it was found they never went down that road in the taxi, all we can think of is that the taxi driver could have found it in the back of the taxi and relieved it of its cash and then threw it out of the window where luckily my son-in-law found it. What a shame not everyone is as honest !!!

marbro8
07-08-2011, 19:55
My son-in-law found a purse last night on his way home from work, there were credit cards in it and photos of children, reciepts for a few meals and a business card, but no money, we have spent all day trying to find the owner of it, putting posters in a few local shops, and visiting the bars where they had receipts from, after sending an email to the name on the business card asking them to phone us they finally phoned us and we took it to them, they were a lovely couple staying in the santa barbara hotel and were so grateful for the return of the cards and photos they tried to give us 10 euros but no way did we want it, i asked was it lost or was it stolen, and the lady told us she had it in the taxi that they got home last night and that was the last time she had it, but where it was found they never went down that road in the taxi, all we can think of is that the taxi driver could have found it in the back of the taxi and relieved it of its cash and then threw it out of the window where luckily my son-in-law found it. What a shame not everyone is as honest !!! it could also have been someone that used the taxi after they exited;)

dede
07-08-2011, 19:58
it could also have been someone that used the taxi after they exited;)

Yes your quite right but whoever it was, must have thrown it out of the car at speed to land where it did so i think the taxi driver would have seen this happen.

sunspot
07-08-2011, 20:04
Last week a taxi driver brought back a mobile phone to a client a hour after dropping them off,they hardly had time to realise they had left it in the cab,when he knocked on thier door to return it, so please lets be sure of the facts befor we start dishing the dirt,really glad they got the purse back though and that your son in law was so honest

imablue
07-08-2011, 23:20
dede.... that would be the least ...I would expect off your son in law ...
one good lad ....... x

lynne67
08-08-2011, 07:21
nice to see theres honest people

fonica
08-08-2011, 09:20
Bound to be the taxi driver!

bonitatime
08-08-2011, 09:49
Not sure why we always have to pick on taxi drivers. I don't doubt like everywhere there are some bad ones but it is not everyone´s experience they are cheatinh lying theives.
Last week I took a taxi into the centre of PDLA and had two notes in my hand. I was rushed and though I gave the driver the smaller one and told him what I wanted in change. He smailed and gave me 10 euros more than that and said I should watch wat I wasdoing. They are not all cheats but anyone reading this forum would think they were.

sunspot
08-08-2011, 10:02

What makes you so sure about that?

princessmonika
08-08-2011, 10:16
how did he know where they lived

fonica
08-08-2011, 10:37
Not sure why we always have to pick on taxi drivers. I don't doubt like everywhere there are some bad ones but it is not everyone´s experience they are cheatinh lying theives.
Last week I took a taxi into the centre of PDLA and had two notes in my hand. I was rushed and though I gave the driver the smaller one and told him what I wanted in change. He smailed and gave me 10 euros more than that and said I should watch wat I wasdoing. They are not all cheats but anyone reading this forum would think they were.
Yes that was my point,I've put several post on here about the treatment of taxi drivers on the island.There are some really nice,honest taxistas out there as well as a few not so nice ones.However whan anything goes wrong it's always the taxi drivers fault. I'd like to see some of these posters clean the vomit out of the taxi at 4o'clock in the morning after earning a few euros for many hours work.Can't be much fun.

dede
08-08-2011, 11:05
I never said the taxi driver did it, I said he could have done it, the lady said the last time she had it was in the taxi, but surely the driver always checks for anything left in his cab and if that was the case why wasnt the purse handed into the police station as lost property??? Instead it ended up emptied of cash and being thrown by whoever!!!!

fonica
08-08-2011, 11:21
As already pointed out it could easily have been the next passenger in the taxi.How often do you see one client getting out of a car and another getting in but the point of my post was the taxi driver bashing that is going around the forum when the majority of them are hard working,nice people.

dede
08-08-2011, 11:45
Yes and like I said the taxi driver would have seen somebody throwing something from his cab dont you think!!!!!!!

fonica
08-08-2011, 12:10
Not if they took it with them and got rid of it later.Doesn't matter now I just get mad at the assumtions made.I left my purse in a bar in Los Cristianos and when I went back 2 hours later the Canarian bar man had put it in a safe place and handed it over to me with in tact.A friend of mine left her purse on the roof of her car in a Santa Cruz car park and a local man ran after her to return it.

williethetim
08-08-2011, 12:34
About 5 or 6 years ago i lost my wallet and knew by my movement it was last used in a taxi, i contacted the receptionist for taxi numbers , only to learn the 123 on the top was to do with the hire ( stoopid me ).anyway we left the reception and noticed a man waving from the entrance to Island village . it was the taxi driver with my wallet. it only contained 40 euros but my licence , bank card etc.. i gave him the 40 Euros for his honesty.. he spoke no english but his expression said it all and i must have appeared the same to him...dont tar all with the same brush..

MarionEd
08-08-2011, 12:57
What is the significance of the 123 on the top of the taxi? It has puzzled me for a while.

andyb
17-08-2011, 15:08
123 signifies the tariff being used. 1 is the urban tariff - as you go on to TF1 around PDLA you'll often see signs marking the limit of the tariff on the sliproads. 3 is the general tariff outside urban areas - it would be used for instance in Golf Del Sur, or Granadilla, or the airport. 2 is used only for a round trip, but you must return to where you started for this to apply. For instance, "take me to Mercadona, wait then bring me back here" would be tariff 2.

Got this from a mate who drives a taxi - and returns lost property!

carolethatch
17-08-2011, 22:16
One of the owners on our complex left his briefcase in his taxi from the airport with 2000 euros in cash in the case. He was pleasantly surprised when an hour later the taxi driver turned up at his door with the case. The relief was enormous, so lovely to see such an honest driver.