PDA

View Full Version : Bars Tropicana Bar, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

carl_hutch_derb
07-08-2011, 21:50
i first went to tenerife on holiday in 1994 to the christian sur apartments in los cristianos and every night we went to this bar called tropicana (with tropicana gardens being next door) and fell in love with the place (remember doing karaoke there as a kid) and the owner at the time was awesome and always had time for you (his name was jose) anyhow i went back in 95 and 98 but havent been back since :( but am hopefully going next year (and now i can drink ;))..anyway i heard it wasnt called tropicana any more and has changed alot (it has been 13 years afterall) and was just wondering what the bar is like now ,what its reputation is etc...thanks :)

wahay
10-08-2011, 13:11
not sure where you r actually lived here 13 years, trying to think of a bar around that area with gardens cause you have only funchal area, might be lewinskys bar not sure come come forum members anybody else got a clue

obs
10-08-2011, 14:07
Probably down from El Brasero (on C/ Londres - opp Margui Restaurant) where The Fishermans bar is situated. 2 or 3 bars down there. Long time since I've been there, so can't remember their names. Comes out by Princesa Dacil. All locals down there have gardens in front of them.

wahay
10-08-2011, 14:14
ohhhhh yeah forgot about that area

jewels
10-08-2011, 14:45
The Tropicana was a few doors up from Lewiskis walking towards the Cristian Sur,I know it was like a Turkish belly dancing place for a while,not sure what it is now.It used to be good im going back 15 years here.

carl_hutch_derb
10-08-2011, 20:45
yeh, it is lewinskys, my parents went back a few years ago and said it was called lewinskys (corner) now. :)

one thing i particularly remember was sitting in the outside area of the bar and there being a great view of a mountain and surrounding area..and just thinking of how much better it was out there than where i live.

other childhood memories include going to a restaurant almost every day called amigos on the seafront ,loved the food and became friends with the guy that owned it, phil.

also going to octopus park and having a great time (think it may be closed now)

also frequented a bar that i forget the name of , but when you walk down the stairs to get the beachfront there's a bar on the left where we used to sit outside and you were pretty much looking directly onto the back of the princessa dacil!

the directions are vague but my memory from 13 years ago is all ive got to go on!