PDA

View Full Version : Are you entitled to holiday pay when you leave legal employment in Tenerife?

DapaTenerife
08-08-2011, 19:22
I have a friend who is leaving his job. He has worked in the same place for 7 years (on contract), and not received any holiday pay in all that time. I understand he will be given a Finiquito to sign. Will he be entitled to all of his holiday pay for the last 7 years,or just for this year? Surely if he is told hes not entitled to the whole 7 years, he would have a good case taking them to court,as he has not signed for or received a single euro of his holiday pay for the whole 7 years. I dont understand how bosses feel its o.k to treat hard working staff in this way.Thankyou

Goldenmaniac
08-08-2011, 20:30
Make sure he doesn't sign away his holiday pay for this year - if he doesn't read Spanish get the document checked BEFORE signing. With regards to previous years I wouldn't mind betting that his pay slips (Nominas) showed holidays as being taken. Unless of course his contract is for such a low number of hours per week that he's not entitled to anything on paper.

ali marshall
08-08-2011, 20:39
There is a workers union in los cristianos,in the valdes centre that your friend can go to,sorry i cannot remeber the name but it is on the 2nd floor,iin the 1st block where todo 99 is,go up the stairs andi f you pass the internet shop and turn right and go pass the other pc shops on your right,you will see a job agency and it across to your left from there,you will need to speak spanish though.They will give you advice on what you can do.

Also there is another lawer on the road behind the correos in los cristianos,if you take a right before the 2 petrol stations in los cristianos town,you can either turn right for the correos ,go up the hill take the 2nd right and he is half way along on the right.I am sure some other forum members will remeber his name.He use to be in the valdes centre but has now moved here.

We had same problem ,3 days notice after 5 years and was told not to sign anything from your employer till you have had some legal advice,if your friend has had a full contract and holiday pay is in the contract i would think he should stand a good chance of getting his money.Good luck sorry i cannot help more.I trieed to find my old thread to help but cannot find it sorry .