PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic The Red Lion, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

Jimandsi
02-08-2011, 19:20
Do they have quality furniture or just the same old plastic and aluminium tat ?

Jimandsi
03-08-2011, 09:40
Jim as you never seem to take anyone's word as gospel maybe you should check out the furniture yourself ;)

Thank you Jackie, I most certainly will when I'm over next month.

Is it some sort of secret though ?

sleepy
04-08-2011, 01:21

No need to Jim.Had a squint earlier around 10pm,not many clients and the furniture the same as when good old James had it 12 years ago and did the best carvery on the island.Good service in those days too ;)

Jackie
04-08-2011, 07:59
No need to Jim.Had a squint earlier around 10pm,not many clients and the furniture the same as when good old James had it 12 years ago and did the best carvery on the island.Good service in those days too ;)

You obviously didn't go inside then.. it has been refurbed inside and looks lovely, and as Canarian Chicken said the toilets are spotless and very modern...something very important to us ladies;) Strange that you say there where not many clients because every night of the week that I have ever been there it is full to bursting. My daughter normally works the day shift but has on many occasions been asked to go in in the evenings as well because they are so busy. I love the way new businesses get knocked out here, some by people that have never set a foot inside the place. It's unreal how many green eyed monsters there are about ;)

Ecky Thump
04-08-2011, 08:24

Jim...how can it be a secret, as you have just told us that you are coming over, lets hope that they will order a copy of the Times Paper for your visit.

On topic again, a face lift was needed as the old place was a bit tired, so we will definitely pay a visit when we are over.

Jimandsi
04-08-2011, 12:24

Thanks for the information sleepy - I can give the place a miss then.

You've saved me a couple of taxi fares. :thanx:

uptowngirl
04-08-2011, 12:41
I can guarantee it is not the same furniture as when James had it, as I worked in the bar for him and then for the next two lots of owners that followed................ I was gutted when O'Flaherty's eventually shut down, but then it was refurbed...................... now it has returned to a cabaret bar and yes, the toilets are beautiful, the kitchen has had a complete overhaul too and it certainly doesn't have the lights hanging from the ceiling with tinsel wrapped round them (yes, even in the month of May they were like that, Jane said it kept the wires covered up lololol).

Its great to see a booming cabaret bar in that area again....................... yes, lots of green eyed monsters...............................

And if they could reinstate the carvery like James and Minzentzy used to serve, they would be onto a guaranteed winner!!

sleepy
04-08-2011, 13:17
love the way new businesses get knocked out here, some by people that have never set a foot inside the place. It's unreal how many green eyed monsters there are about ;)

I wasn't knocking it at all and I have no reason to be a green eyed monster.;)

And if they could reinstate the carvery like James and Minzentzy used to serve, they would be onto a guaranteed winner!!

Yes it would :yum:

anto3
04-08-2011, 14:50
Would to be the craic to have a meet up when this guy Jimandsi is on the island. Could bring some eggs. JIMANDSI WOULD YOU BE UP FOR A FORUM MEET UP: wOULD BE THE BEST TURNOUT: wOULD HAVE TO BOOK THE INDAIN NEXT TO TO OJANGLE TO GET ALL THE PEOPLE IN; AND MERADONA WOULD HAVE RESTOCK THERE EGGS: haHA

Jimandsi
04-08-2011, 15:59
Would to be the craic to have a meet up when this guy Jimandsi is on the island. Could bring some eggs. JIMANDSI WOULD YOU BE UP FOR A FORUM MEET UP: wOULD BE THE BEST TURNOUT: wOULD HAVE TO BOOK THE INDAIN NEXT TO TO OJANGLE TO GET ALL THE PEOPLE IN; AND MERADONA WOULD HAVE RESTOCK THERE EGGS: haHA

Let's make it somewhere a bit more pleasant than LC and I'll be happy to consider it. Will I need a football shirt, a shaven head and tattoos to attend though ?

slodgedad
04-08-2011, 20:13
Let's make it somewhere a bit more pleasant than LC and I'll be happy to consider it. Will I need a football shirt, a shaven head and tattoos to attend though ?Don't forget you copy of the Sun opened at the racing page in your shorts back pocket

anto3
04-08-2011, 20:17
You name time and place, even will buy you a one euro pint, love the craic. see enough them around tenerife

Jimandsi
05-08-2011, 11:27
You name time and place, even will buy you a one euro pint, love the craic. see enough them around tenerife

Wow ! ! ! Then what though ? Bingo ? Footy on telly ? Quiz ? Crappyoke ? Ruby Murray ? A punch up ?

I'm really am looking forward to it - I can't wait ! :crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2011, 11:39
Wow ! ! ! Then what though ? Bingo ? Footy on telly ? Quiz ? Crappyoke ? Ruby Murray ? A punch up ?

how will you know who is who ?

canarianchicken
05-08-2011, 12:12
Sunday Nights at 10pm "Bitter and Twisted" perform in The Red Lion with different shows each opposite week. Also Alexander Mcrae and a second Cabaret after Bitter and Twisted. Not many bars would have so much going on in one evening!

Sundowner
05-08-2011, 12:17

I don't suppose you have considered intelligent conversation? No of course not! Silly me:)

Jimandsi
05-08-2011, 16:15
I don't suppose you have considered intelligent conversation? No of course not! Silly me:)

I've tried intelligent conversation many times but I'm afraid it goes straight over most members heads.

However, I was actually responding to some banter from forum member anto3 and I'm sure he'll understand.

Thank you for your input anyway. ;)

Goforgold
05-08-2011, 16:33
Let's make it somewhere a bit more pleasant than LC and I'll be happy to consider it. Will I need a football shirt, a shaven head and tattoos to attend though ?

Yes, so just come as you are!! :)

Only joking JimandSi - I can't resist the old jokes! :) ;)

Bazz
05-08-2011, 16:38
This Bar is run with care and love. the Restrooms are beautiful, unusual and clean. The owner is so friendly and welcoming. The staff are friendly. If you want a cheap hole, there are plenty to choose from, but this is one of the few bars that STILL gives you more than one cabaret a night.

How people can knock it is beyond me. A touch of class. Try it folks, you won't be disappointed.

Rest rooms? Sounds like a funeral home! :D
I hope I won't be needing them.

canarianchicken
06-08-2011, 01:46
Rest rooms? Sounds like a funeral home! :D
I hope I won't be needing them.

OK The Bogs!
Your post made me howl with laughter!

Cruise
06-08-2011, 02:24
OK The Bogs!

Second that...lol

uptowngirl
06-08-2011, 12:04
mmmn, I am finding it very difficult to respond to all this controversy over the meat.

It must be every business owners dread that they get one of the active Tenerife Forum members in their establishment when something doesn't go quite to plan.

Dave the Pub singer, I understand where you are coming from, but I also understand where Jackie is coming from as well.................

And the hard thing is that this one complaint 'could' make a massive impact on the business.

So what do we do in these situations, as I am sure that the complainant is not acting maliciously, yet he is pointing a problem that occurred.................. so should we be trying to resolve these matters by PM initially??????

I am really unsure about this situation.................

Just to give you an example................ an establishment that has opened a few months ago............... everyone was raving about it.............. I tried it, nothing to write home about in all honesty, however, I have no intention of slating it all over the forums and chats and facebook, as I don't feel that is fair on a new business.

What do other members think about this????

I think that it is hard enough running a successful business over here, and no matter how hard you try, you cannot and never will, keep 100% of your customers 100% happy 100% all of the time..............................rolleyes2:

Jackie
06-08-2011, 12:09
mmmn, I am finding it very difficult to respond to all this controversy over the meat.

It must be every business owners dread that they get one of the active Tenerife Forum members in their establishment when something doesn't go quite to plan.

Dave the Pub singer, I understand where you are coming from, but I also understand where Jackie is coming from as well.................

And the hard thing is that this one complaint 'could' make a massive impact on the business.

So what do we do in these situations, as I am sure that the complainant is not acting maliciously, yet he is pointing a problem that occurred.................. so should we be trying to resolve these matters by PM initially??????

Just to give you an example................ an establishment that has opened a few months ago............... everyone was raving about it.............. I tried it, nothing to write home about in all honesty, however, I have no intention of slating it all over the forums and chats and facebook, as I don't feel that is fair on a new business.

I think that it is hard enough running a successful business over here, and no matter how hard you try, you cannot and never will, keep 100% of your customers 100% happy 100% all of the time..............................rolleyes2:

Bring it to the attention of the owner first and foremost before complaining on a forum.

Giving them a chance to maybe rectify in some way the complaint then it would be a totally different story i.e. Had a meal in The Red Lion, meat not up to standard so I complained to the owner and he didn't charge us for the meal or offered us a free meal on another occasion, what a nice bloke blah blah.....get the drift ;)

TOTO 99
06-08-2011, 13:12

Good point. I came to the defence of a new business recently after a number of slatings by newbie's which to me appeared to be there for one purpose only and that was to say something bad. It got me a spanking from Kirsty :nono: (still sore ) because there needed to be both types of review. Perhaps these review threads would be better if they were started "have you anything good to say". That way, if a place has no reviews it would speak volumes. Any bad stuff should be taken up with the place itself, privately.

Loaded
06-08-2011, 13:42
Wow, how much did this dinner cost??? Much ado about nothing!!!

It's not like it was crawling with cockroaches - they had a lesser quality meat one week - get over it!

Alternatively let's drag the cook and owner out into the streets for a public flogging !

Bazz
06-08-2011, 13:58
OK The Bogs!

Haha!!!! Will be there soon to try these 'rest rooms' out. I'm sure I'll be impressed. :crylaughing:

Jimandsi
06-08-2011, 14:31

Firstly, do as I do .....

Don't tell a soul on here anything whatsoever about your business. So many experts, so much jealousy and so many "fellow members" just waiting to stick a knife in your back at the first opportunity.

---

Secondly, please stop complaining Davethepubsinger - you're only a customer ! ! ! :raspberry2:

Bazz
06-08-2011, 18:18
Firstly, do as I do .....

Don't tell a soul on here anything whatsoever about your business. So many experts, so much jealousy and so many "fellow members" just waiting to stick a knife in your back at the first opportunity.

Yeah and you digest all the information on here about other people's business. Just what I can't stand - somebody that takes all in and divulges nothing. :whistle:
Just like when you go out and have a few drinks with some 'friends' - and the sober one in the party spills all the beans the next day about what happened. :nono:

Jimandsi
06-08-2011, 18:43
Yeah and you digest all the information on here about other people's business. Just what I can't stand - somebody that takes all in and divulges nothing. :whistle:
Just like when you go out and have a few drinks with some 'friends' - and the sober one in the party spills all the beans the next day about what happened. :nono:

But it's basically down to choice surely ?

Some people choose this forum to shout about how successful they think they are.

Some people choose to just keep quiet.

canarianchicken
08-08-2011, 16:28
Alternatively let's drag the cook and owner out into the streets for a public flogging !

Oooh ...... I'll just go and get me whip and chains! Beats karaoke anytime! lol!

Loaded
08-08-2011, 16:31
Oooh ...... I'll just go and get me whip and chains! Beats karaoke anytime! lol!

kinky!!!! I like it!