PDA

View Full Version : Apartments Torres del Sol apartments, Vista Sur beach, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

Pen
09-08-2011, 10:21
...actually "lost for words", which is not like me....

I was pleasantly surprised on taking a recent visit to the Torres del Sol apartments on Vista Sur beach. After years of hearsay, a friend who was staying their asked me to join her at the pool. Now for those who have seen the "Pool" from Las Vistas front at the moment, (its empty, rank and doesnīt look that pleasant) think before you speak kicked in, but the mouth got the better of me and I flatly refused to go. However, on dragging me in what did I find, a beautiful 2nd pool area that was all safety gated off, gardens maintained and an excellent pool/bar, supermarket and mobility friendly. No noise, very tranquilo, apart fromt he odd cat (but who doesnīt get them). It was a lovely afternoon spent somewhere I didnīt even know existed.....never judge a book etc., which I donīt normally, but donīt listen to hearsay go and find out yourself..!! p.s. the large pool is being refurbished Im told to the standard of the others. :spin:

Ed3229
09-08-2011, 12:30
Had my first stay in Tennerife at Torres del Sol about 12 years ago and I found it ok.It was a great place to stay for location ect and my room was cheap.Just today I found some apartments for sale at a good price in Torres and will be taking a look when im over in a few weeks.I now stay at Compostela beach apartments because I love the area but I will look at other areas with apartments for sale.....:tiphat:

canarianchicken
10-08-2011, 10:21
i have stayed there on a number of occasions in the past, but the last time I stayed there, the place had gone to the dogs. After recent refurfishment it is looking very nice. Friends of mine stayed there a few weeks ago and it was lovely.

It is one of the first buildings in the south that was built for tourism. Here is a very early postcard with the Torres in the forground.

golazzo
18-08-2011, 06:44
Always thought it was a bit of a eyesore, had friends stayed there in the past. Comments were, it's OK but nothing special