PDA

View Full Version : Information needed on Abaco Mansion el Durazno, Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife

curriegirl
05-06-2011, 17:15
can anyone give me information on the Abaco Mansions. I believe you can have dinner and see a show here. Is this correct? If so does anyone have an event list for the mansions?

Harmonicaman
05-06-2011, 17:27
Here's (http://www.webtenerifeuk.co.uk/Actividades/Cultura/Museos/abaco.htm?Lang=en) a website.:)

Sylla
05-06-2011, 22:40
Abaco Mansion is a fabulous place to visit ...I have only had cocktails there and seen a show ....A tribute Beetles Band , "Almas de Goma " a really great show , great band , The cocktails are enourmous , so good value .

We met lots of Canarian people there who we have stayed friends with .:band:

Added after 26 minutes:

Here is the Abaco website ... http://www.abacotenerife.com/en/

murph
05-06-2011, 23:25
Fantastic the things you find out on this forum.

It looks an amazing place and we will try to get there when we are over next!

Sylla
06-06-2011, 10:09
And you will notice ...some of the concerts are free ...the one we went to was ....so we thought there must be a catch ! like expensive drinks ! but when you see the size ! My Baileys on ice served in the largest brandy glass I have seen and almost full to the top ! 5:20euros ....and the band played from 11pm until 1:30am with encore after encore .. :headbang::rock::band:

canarybird
06-06-2011, 10:40
I haven't been there since it was opened as a commercial premise but I had a great time there with a buffet and dancing one New Year's Eve many years ago when it was a privately owned house and I was a guest.

Canarybird

Sylla
06-06-2011, 11:14
I haven't been there since it was opened as a commercial premise but I had a great time there with a buffet and dancing one New Year's Eve many years ago when it was a privately owned house and I was a guest.

Canarybird

Some photos Canarybird , would make a nice addition to your journal ..."hint" :idea:

I have some nice ones in TripAdvisor , but I'm not computer sabe to to bring them here ...your photography is much better anyway ....

anski
06-06-2011, 12:06
We go there most Friday nights live music from 10.30pm (my husband plays there sometimes) usually jazz, free admission & great cocktails, Sunday evenings classical concerts. They do not serve meals.
It is a beautiful mansion well preserved & upstairs is beautiful furnished in the period when the family lived there. They allow viewing by appointment.

Sylla
06-06-2011, 12:27
We go there most Friday nights live music from 10.30pm (my husband plays there sometimes) usually jazz, free admission & great cocktails, Sunday evenings classical concerts. They do not serve meals.
It is a beautiful mansion well preserved & upstairs is beautiful furnished in the period when the family lived there. They allow viewing by appointment.

Anski ... we didn't have to make an appointment to view.... when we arrived for the first time , and we were early ....we were greeted by a gentleman , we told him we had come for the concert and he just said , please do look around , so we were left by ourselves to look around ...we were not even pressurized to buy a drink ...such a nice relaxed atmosphere .....

anski
06-06-2011, 13:06
Sylla,
They are very friendly there. I took some visiting Australian friends a couple of weeks ago & they allowed us upstairs also. Isn't the baskets of fruit displayed in the entrance hall amazing. It is my favourite place here in Puerto de la Cruz.
I will post some photos when I get on the other computer.

Sylla
06-06-2011, 17:36
Look forward to that Anski ... another favourite is the Orchid Garden ( Sitio Litre ) I just love visiting that ...completely peaceful ,.the scent and the bird song .....:whistle:

curriegirl
10-06-2011, 20:16
Thanks so much everyone for the information. We arrive next week, so will definately go along and have a look and a few cocktails. Sounds really good.