PDA

View Full Version : Travel PLease be aware when shipping animals

tracey_in_tenerife
09-08-2011, 23:12
After arranging with PBS shipping about bringing my dogs over to Tenerife at the end of the month, i get any email re flight details and what to do Tenerife end about collecting my dogs.
i get a friend in Tenerife just to ring the airport and clarify the details about collecting the dogs at cargo , to be told cargo closes at 4.30pm and as my flight would be arriving at 7.30pm my dogs would be just left in their dog carriers overnight until the cargo opened the next morning!!! i was absolutely livid
I rang the shipping firm back and told them what Tenerife cargo had said and they began to look into it.
The regulations have changed recently and it was true, it shuts at 4.30pm. But as my shipping was confirmed prior to the changes they have to let me collect my dogs when i land.
You must get a morning flight out, because if you land after 4.30pm , you wont be collecting your beloved animals.
I am so glad i got my friend to ring the airport and confirm ,i cant imagine the stress this would have caused if id have gone round to cargo and they declined to release my pooches

cainaries
09-08-2011, 23:22
After arranging with PBS shipping about bringing my dogs over to Tenerife at the end of the month, i get any email re flight details and what to do Tenerife end about collect my dogs.
i get a friend in Tenerife just to ring the airport and clarify the details about collecting the dogs at cargo , to be told cargo closes at 4.30pm and as my flight would be arriving at 7.30pm my dogs would be just left in their dog carriers overnight until the cargo opened the next morning!!! i was absolutely livid
I rang the shipping firm back and told them what Tenerife cargo had said and they began to look into it.
The regulations have changed recently and it was true, it shuts at 4.30pm. But as my shipping was confirmed prior to the changes they have to let me collect my dogs when i land.
You must get a morning flight out, because if you land after 4.30pm , you wont be collecting your beloved animals.
I am so glad i got my friend to ring the airport and confirm ,i cant imagine the stress this would have caused if id have gone round to cargo and they declined to release my pooches

I wonder if there is some very kind friend who would actually go to the cargo office on the day in question to check they are going to stay open? Your dogs will take about 40 minutes to come through after the plane lands. Are you on the same flight? We were advised to fly the day before our animals so that we would definitely be at the cargo office to collect them. Might be a bit late to tell you this now. Very very good luck with it. Make sure you have all the relevant phone numbers in your mobile and all your paperwork.

tracey_in_tenerife
09-08-2011, 23:42
Yes we are on the same flight, my husband will already be there as he is driving his car over to Tenerife , the dogs are being picked up the day before we fly and housed in kennels overnight near the airport, i chose this option as i have 4 kids and 4 suitcases to get to Manchester, two dogs as well would have really cracked me up :spin: