PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Tip for avoiding sunburn...

Ecky Thump
31-07-2011, 21:37
At last, a sensible suggestion to help to stop sunburn:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/8673414/Drinking-wine-could-help-to-stop-sunburn.html

It certainly works for me in Exeter and I'll definitely increase my intake during my next Tenerife break in September. :yum:

Jim, are you still believing what is written in that paper? you will find more true facts in the Sun.:whistle:

Jimandsi
31-07-2011, 21:43
My paper boy refuses to deliver the Sun though - he reckons it makes his bag smell of bulls poo.

Vortex Wake
31-07-2011, 21:44
Jim, are you still believing what is written in that paper? you will find more true facts in the Sun.:whistle:

His fish n chips were wrapped in the Telegraph.

timmylish
01-08-2011, 00:49
At last we are now possibly able to understand the O/p,s ineptitude's in giving sensible observations on Tenerife!

Ecky Thump
01-08-2011, 08:55
At last we are now possibly able to understand the O/p,s ineptitude's in giving sensible observations on Tenerife!

I thought this was a thread with a bit of fun, not one for submitting Jim to insults, unless I am mistaken and your post was intended to be humorous.:)

timmylish
01-08-2011, 14:34
I thought this was a thread with a bit of fun, not one for submitting Jim to insults, unless I am mistaken and your post was intended to be humorous.:)

Just replying in the manner which he answers my recent postings. If I intend humour, you will be made well aware of it. Have you become his spokesperson on here now? Thought he was well able to look after himself but, apparently not.

Susief
01-08-2011, 15:05

Ecky Is he special or something that you have to defend him? Maybe some members are fed up of his constant negative postings? I am for one! I don't bother posting when he is on the thread!

Jimandsi
01-08-2011, 15:23
@ tinnyfish and suzief,

Reference your posts #6, #8 and #10 in this thread.

If you're not happy with my style of posting why don't you both stop bleating like little school girls and put me on your ignore list - that's what it's there for.

There is also the report button for you to use should you find any of my threads / posts offensive at all.

The moderators do a great job here by keeping us ALL in line, so why don't you both grow up and leave the moderating in their capable hands.

Thank you :raspberry2:

Susief
01-08-2011, 15:58
@ tinnyfish and suzief,

Reference your posts #6, #8 and #10 in this thread.

If you're not happy with my style of posting why don't you both stop bleating like little school girls and put me on your ignore list - that's what it's there for.

There is also the report button for you to use should you find any of my threads / posts offensive at all.

The moderators do a great job here by keeping us ALL in line, so why don't you both grow up and leave the moderating in their capable hands.

Thank you :raspberry2:

Pathetic Jimandsi! You can't even get our names correct!
From now on you are top of my ignore list!

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 16:05

I think you may find he does that on purpose... :zzz:

I'm on his ignore list, best thing he ever did... I can gab away without the irritating twirp having a dig :heyhey:

Susief
01-08-2011, 16:20
I think you may find he does that on purpose... :zzz:

I'm on his ignore list, best thing he ever did... I can gab away without the irritating twirp having a dig :heyhey:

He does do it on purpose, he even gets a kick from it!

I wish he'd put me on his list too! lol.

Not sure how to do it on Tapatalk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howard thornton
01-08-2011, 16:29
He does do it on purpose, he even gets a kick from it!

I wish he'd put me on his list too! lol.

Not sure how to do it on Tapatalk!

poor jimbo, simply misunderstood, he only has 3 people not on his ignore list.

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 16:40
poor jimbo, simply misunderstood, he only has 3 people not on his ignore list.

Are you one of the (un)lucky 3? Seems pointless being on a forum if you're just going to put everybody that disagrees with you on an ignore list... ???

howard thornton
01-08-2011, 16:43
Are you one of the (un)lucky 3? Seems pointless being on a forum if you're just going to put everybody that disagrees with you on an ignore list... ???

hang on i will just check my list.lol

Jimandsi
01-08-2011, 16:59

That's brilliant - thank you.

Things can only get better now. :crylaughing:

YOUNG GOLFER
01-08-2011, 18:24

I think misquoting members names are a attempt to wind members up.

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 18:35
Actually, if we ALL put him on our ignore lists, he'd just end up talking to himself... :D

Susief
01-08-2011, 18:40
Actually, if we ALL put him on our ignore lists, he'd just end up talking to himself... :D

What a great idea Max.

Harmonicaman
01-08-2011, 18:53

He would and the forum would in my opinion be a duller place for it. Say what you like about Jimbo, his threads get a reaction and usually are longer threads than most.
If everyone agreed with each other all the time, the forum would die a slow death. Controversy! That's what Jimbo brings, and I for one am glad!:devil:

pablo1
01-08-2011, 18:56
I think it prudent that members stop getting so agitated with what somebody has written on the internet.
It's time for this forum to get it's va va voom back, and reacting to threads in a way which leads only to argument instead of chat and debate will only cause more disruption in the future.
We're all aware of Jimandsi's posting style, some like it, some don't, but that is how real life is, varied opinions on various subjects.
We don't all have to be friends, we don't have to like every member, but we do have to show that we can handle posts that we may or may not like in an adult way.

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 18:58
He would and the forum would in my opinion be a duller place for it. Say what you like about Jimbo, his threads get a reaction and usually are longer threads than most.
If everyone agreed with each other all the time, the forum would die a slow death. Controversy! That's what Jimbo brings, and I for one am glad!:devil:

He actually doesn't bother me in the slightest, I've never felt intimidated or threatened by people behind a monitor... If I did, I would have left after the barrage of abuse I got off some members when I first returned, J&S being one of the biggest offenders..

However, he did used to just follow me around the forum making snidey remarks... Yet seems to get upset when people return the favour. That speaks volumes...

Personally I feel he's somebody who should be pitied...

Jimandsi
01-08-2011, 19:25
What a great idea Max.

I (and others) wish the pair of you would grow up and stop behaving like silly little girls.

Thank you Sir - your cheque's in the post :tiphat:

I think it prudent that members stop getting so agitated with what somebody has written on the internet.
It's time for this forum to get it's va va voom back, and reacting to threads in a way which leads only to argument instead of chat and debate will only cause more disruption in the future.
We're all aware of Jimandsi's posting style, some like it, some don't, but that is how real life is, varied opinions on various subjects.
We don't all have to be friends, we don't have to like every member, but we do have to show that we can handle posts that we may or may not like in an adult way.

Blimey pablo1 - I'm agreeing with you again.

We're probably just mellowing ! ! !

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 19:30
Ah, so you haven't put me on your ignore list, as you kept threatening... Admit it, you like me really! :suffocatekiss: :D

dede
01-08-2011, 20:25
I dont think jimbo is as snide as some other posters on here, i always take what he says with a pinch of salt and most times i think he is really funny, i would just call him a forum character......;););)

Ecky Thump
01-08-2011, 21:23
Ecky Is he special or something that you have to defend him? Maybe some members are fed up of his constant negative postings? I am for one! I don't bother posting when he is on the thread!

Susie, NO, I don't see Jim as being special, nor am I defending him, but I don't see the need for bad feelings between two members to be aired on a open forum when there is a PM facility, if I had any bad feeling towards another member that could not be cleared then I like you would ignore them, again there is a facility for that.:)

Jimandsi
01-08-2011, 21:55
Am awaiting your PM Susief. :lovesme:

Sent from my PC using Crapatalk

Susief
01-08-2011, 22:03
Am awaiting your PM Susief. :lovesme:

Sent from my PC using Crapatalk

When hell freezes over!

sunspot
01-08-2011, 22:09
Going back to to the Jims Topic,my wine bottles are empty and i im sunburn free...........it works

Ecky Thump
01-08-2011, 22:58
Going back to to the Jims Topic,my wine bottles are empty and i im sunburn free...........it works

Another method would be to sit in the shade in Jimbo's Pub supping a cool glass of champagne and of course reading the Times which Jim will supply to all his diserning customers.:wink:

Harmonicaman
01-08-2011, 23:02
Another method would be to sit in the shade in Jimbo's Pub supping a cool glass of champagne and of course reading the Times which Jim will supply to all his diserning customers.:wink:

And he gives you a small pair of tongs to turn the pages with in case the ink hasn't dried...

sunspot
01-08-2011, 23:03

Would that be reduced price Champagne for forum members Ecky ?

Ecky Thump
01-08-2011, 23:10
Would that be reduced price Champagne for forum members Ecky ?

Only the ones that ask him to be one of his elite forum friends, there is a waiting list of hundreds applying at this very moment!