PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous restaurant recommendation to treat my parents for a special wedding annivers

Neon Neon
10-08-2011, 18:26
Hello all,

My parents live on the south of the island. It's a special wedding anniversary this weekend and being a rubbish daughter haven't sent a present out in time.

I would love to organise a lovely treat for them. A special meal I was thinking - in a beautiful spot perhaps.

Could anyone recommend anywhere really special (money is no option) that would blow their mind and remind them that I'm a good daughter actually??
Thanks

Neon x

ruffus
10-08-2011, 18:42
Molino Blanco, San Eugenio Alta is a beautiful setting, nice restaurant, lovely garden to sit outside in. The camel park at La Camella "El Cerro del la Luna" is just great too, sitting in a beautiful outdoor garden.Or the many lovely restaurants at the Safari Centre where you can overlook the magic fountain. These are my favourite restaurants.

Mastiff
10-08-2011, 18:43
I think La Estancia in Chayofa is excellent.
Or you could try El molino blanco in Torviscas, Neither are cheap but both do amazing food.
El Molino Blanco have a singing chef who gives out Roses which is quite nice but be prepared to pay out.

Neon Neon
10-08-2011, 18:47
Thanks so far... looking in to these - keep em coming! (wish I could be there myself - all drizzly here in Blighty)

Zara
10-08-2011, 19:31
Both a bit of a journey but Flor del Drago in Playa Arena, or Los Roques in Los Abrigos - Reviews (http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/food-for-thought-recommendations/) If they don´t want to travel then I was at Terrazzo del Mare last week and it was excellent (sorry no review yet due out on 23rd) but great views, lovely staff and nice food.

Red Devil
10-08-2011, 19:35
El Molino Blanco is a bit special, the setting is beautiful, especially at night.
See www.molino-blanco.com

Theres another one that looks lovely, called something like Mirador on the front near Del Duque beach that has had really good reports.

chifleta
10-08-2011, 21:08
Both a bit of a journey but Flor del Drago in Playa Arena, or Los Roques in Los Abrigos - Reviews (http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/food-for-thought-recommendations/) If they don´t want to travel then I was at Terrazzo del Mare last week and it was excellent (sorry no review yet due out on 23rd) but great views, lovely staff and nice food.
your link is great... i'm trying to find a good lobster restaurant :)

tracey_in_tenerife
10-08-2011, 21:21
Definetly Molino Blanco, i go there at every special occasion, lovely setting, pricey but as money is no object, that is the place to be!!

ali marshall
10-08-2011, 22:07
I agree with zara,we went to the terrazza del mare on saturday.Very romantic setting,table over looking the sea and nice calm background music.The food and cocktails are to die for and the staff are very pleasant and helpfull.Very nice for special occasion and the restaurant set up has hadso much time and thought put into it ,it was a pleasure to eat there.I would book a table as they was very busy.

bonitatime
10-08-2011, 22:32
TYhe mirador in el duque is lovely. I always think the Molino Blanco is overrated.
terrazza del mare is on my list for the near future.

imablue
10-08-2011, 22:54
myself i,ve never found anywhere better than Mama Rosas near the Colon Apartments in Las Americas..for that SPECIAL
Occasion ....

Medman
10-08-2011, 23:49
myself i,ve never found anywhere better than Mama Rosas near the Colon Apartments in Las Americas..for that SPECIAL
Occasion ....

:agree: Great food and fantastic attentive staff. It was my birthday when we went once and three of the waiters did a barber shop happy birthday as well as bringing a wee cake with a candle. Nice touch with no notice given.
Always have at least one night there when we are over. :yum:

marbro8
10-08-2011, 23:52
also la carva in los cris is nice, the origional bistro and la fortuna, if you want to take a taxi go to la calleta some lovely fish restaurants;)

mbooth11
11-08-2011, 11:51
Had 3 outstanding meals at Placeres in Los Brigos in last 10 days. Ask for Pablo
http://www.restauranteplaceres.com/english/home/

sazzle
11-08-2011, 19:10
Where is the Terrazza del mare?

marbro8
11-08-2011, 19:47
Where is the Terrazza del mare?i am pretty sure it is on the front just before you get to the hotel tinerife, just by where the old man stands giving out menue's for the cosy cafe

tizzywizzy
11-08-2011, 19:50
Where is the Terrazza del mare?

http://www.laterrazzadelmare.com/ It has a map on there and a webcam

anto3
12-08-2011, 10:49
Terrazza del mar is the nicest place i have been and i am six years on the island.

Suej
12-08-2011, 14:29
I agree with above posts and the excellent reputation of Terrazza del Mar is growing very quickly among Residents and holiday makers alike! I´m sorry to have to report that the only time we went to Molino Blanco my OH´s meal was really not up to scratch, he stipulated when ordering that he cannot eat beef with any running blood, it came up rare and that put him off his meal completely, we do realise that this can happen though and they did put it right.

chifleta
12-08-2011, 14:45
he cannot eat beef with any running blood, it came up rare and that put him off his meal completely .

I'm the same... and unfortunately the chefs don't appreciate when I say "burn it " LOL can't remember the last time I had steak :(

Tom & Sharon
12-08-2011, 15:03
Had 3 outstanding meals at Placeres in Los Brigos in last 10 days. Ask for Pablo
http://www.restauranteplaceres.com/english/home/

We were there last night. Beautiful food, and a lovely setting on the outside terrace.

marbro8
12-08-2011, 19:23
I agree with above posts and the excellent reputation of Terrazza del Mar is growing very quickly among Residents and holiday makers alike! I´m sorry to have to report that the only time we went to Molino Blanco my OH´s meal was really not up to scratch, he stipulated when ordering that he cannot eat beef with any running blood, it came up rare and that put him off his meal completely, we do realise that this can happen though and they did put it right.my wife is exactly the same, she would throw up if there was any blood coming out of it lol,but i am completely the opposite i love the blood(maybe i'm a vamp) but what we have to realise is all the top chefs are taught to cook a good steak rare and in fact think it is a sacrilege to overcook it,and molino blanco as is mamma rossas top restaurants,if you went to gordon ramsay's in london and sent it back for that he would throw it at you:D,a friend once said to me "to overcook a steak would be an injustice to the animal that died to give it to you":wink2:

Suej
12-08-2011, 19:27
my wife is exactly the same, she would throw up if there was any blood coming out of it lol,but i am completely the opposite i love the blood(maybe i'm a vamp) but what we have to realise is all the top chefs are taught to cook a good steak rare and in fact think it is a sacrilege to overcook it,and molino blanco as is mamma rossas top restaurants,if you went to gordon ramsay's in london and sent it back for that he would throw it at you:D,a friend once said to me "to overcook a steak would be an injustice to the animal that died to give it to you":wink2:

They should still cook any meat the way you like it IMO I have to say in the nicer restaurants I never order lamb as it always comes up pink, which I really don´t like. OH hates the crunchie veg...but I love it!:yum:

marbro8
12-08-2011, 20:52
They should still cook any meat the way you like it IMO I have to say in the nicer restaurants I never order lamb as it always comes up pink, which I really don´t like. OH hates the crunchie veg...but I love it!:yum: my wife would never order lamb!!! lol we come from an era that overcooked everything, before we knew we where cooking all the goodness out of our veg, i like my veg crunchy now as well, but we used to like them mushy lol:D

slodgedad
12-08-2011, 21:02

We were there last night. Beautiful food, and a lovely setting on the outside terrace.Totally agree.

We went last week with family members and not only me, but they agreed, it was an outstanding night out.

Not only was the food superb, but the service was out standing, nothing was too much trouble.

Other restaurants should send their staff for a meal here on their night off to see how it should be done.

Totally recommend...

(Personal opinion. Nothing to do with my mod status)

jack oakley
13-08-2011, 09:40
Totally agree.

We went last week with family members and not only me, but they agreed, it was an outstanding night out.

Not only was the food superb, but the service was out standing, nothing was too much trouble.

Other restaurants should send their staff for a meal here on their night off to see how it should be done.

Totally recommend...

(Personal opinion. Nothing to do with my mod status)
I have been going to PLACERES once or twice weekly since it was opened by Pablo in January 2010. Pablo was head waiter at Ben Como in Abrigos for 4years and was 'head-hunted' by Los Roques in 2008, he is a qualified Chef-de-Cuisine having learned his craft in Paris and on major cruise ships, however he loves to liase with his clientelle and makes an excellent host. His Staff are equally as good, Anna his Maitre-de was a restaurant manager at one of the finest hotels in Dublin and his Chef Cristian, was head chef at a well known british Golf Club/hotel. The result is first class service whereby nothing is too much trouble, exellent and imaginative food served in a beautiful location, the outside terrace overlooks Los Abrigos harbour. The price is only a little more than the average but less than Los Roques where the food may be good but the wine is overpriced. Pablo chooses fine wine wines at a reasonable price and is proud of his cellar. His reputation is growing fast and booking is now becoming essencial, try it i promise you will not be dissapointed. Jack.O

Apollo
13-08-2011, 10:53
El Nogal in La Escalona is a beautiful place. Has to be seen to be believed.
Can't beat getting out of the tourist areas IMO

http://www.secretplaces.com/images/hotels/74-696.jpg

http://images.hostels.com/images/hostels/53412_2.jpg

Link to website:

http://www.hotelnogal.net/

Suej
13-08-2011, 12:35
I´ve not seen this place featured anywhere! it looks gorgeous! Thanks for the info!:)

Goforgold
13-08-2011, 15:41
It does look fantastic - this is a great thread. So another eating house on my list to visit. Looks as though the next holiday is going to be just an eating one!! :(

marbro8
13-08-2011, 20:49
http://www.laterrazzadelmare.com/ It has a map on there and a webcam i know this may be a daft question but as we are over in october i would love to try terazza del mare because i will eat anything or try anything but my wife and her sister are very much steak, fish, pie and chips basic pub grub eaters lol so if we did try it could they get something like steak and chips?

doreen
13-08-2011, 21:19
i know this may be a daft question but as we are over in october i would love to try terazza del mare because i will eat anything or try anything but my wife and her sister are very much steak, fish, pie and chips basic pub grub eaters lol so if we did try it could they get something like steak and chips?

Not daft at all - very good steaks (sirloin and fillet) always on the menu ... give me a day's notice, and I will make sure we have some chips for you too :)

doreen
13-08-2011, 21:19
double post - slow internet

DeedeeTipperary
13-08-2011, 21:24
Absolutely marbro8 , my son only likes plain foods , he is not into sauces or spices , he had steak and chips while the rest of us had delicious extras . Terraza del mare has a fantastic menu with something for everyone :) And just dont get me started on their amazing cocktails !

slodgedad
13-08-2011, 21:31
At Terrazza, 2 of us ordered lamb and when the first one came I expected the chef to come and carve it it up for two.

I couldn't believe it was all for me and then another 'joint' arrived for Carol..Pheewww

marbro8
13-08-2011, 21:32
Absolutely marbro8 , my son only likes plain foods , he is not into sauces or spices , he had steak and chips while the rest of us had delicious extras . Terraza del mare has a fantastic menu with something for everyone :) And just dont get me started on their amazing cocktails !lol ok deedee it looks like a goer then, and i also like cocktails so a bonus:D

Added after 6 minutes:

Not daft at all - very good steaks (sirloin and fillet) always on the menu ... give me a day's notice, and I will make sure we have some chips for you too :)oh rite doreen i didn't know you had the place, thankyou;),just another question then, you know that in tenerife any cut of beef that is cut off the carcase can be called fillet? well are your fillets the proper cuts?:)

Added after 2 minutes:

At Terrazza, 2 of us ordered lamb and when the first one came I expected the chef to come and carve it it up for two.

I couldn't believe it was all for me and then another 'joint' arrived for Carol..Pheewwwbloody ell slodge i think you have just ordered my meal for me:yum::D

fire13
14-08-2011, 22:13
We ate at Meson Castellano PDLA on our last visit. We call it the restaurant with no menu, very good meal.

Coming back over in four weeks and will certainly be calling there again. I have a question if someone would be so kind to answer.

We ordered a couple of beers but was surprised when the waiter came with some small bottles of wine at first. We refused these but in hindsight would these have been complimentary?

Saltnpepper
15-08-2011, 12:45
Where's Terrazza del Mare please? I'm always looking for different places to take my parents when they come over on holiday. We've been to most of the other places mentioned - my parents especially like El Molino Blanco. Torre del Mirador at Playa del Duque was really lovely, we had a table overlooking the beach, but it was way too expensive! Maybe we'll try La Estancia next time they're here too. Where did your parents go in the end Neon?

imablue
15-08-2011, 13:15
Where's Terrazza del Mare please? I'm always looking for different places to take my parents when they come over on holiday. We've been to most of the other places mentioned

right on the front in Playa de las Americas...in the CC Salytien Complex...along the road from Palm Beach Apartments with the sea on your left.......