PDA

View Full Version : How do the Spanish press view Britain?

Ecky Thump
10-08-2011, 18:43
A question for all you forum members that read the Spanish newspapers.....

Given the recent outbreaks of violence that is going on in Britain, how are the Spanish press and TV reporting this and any other recent violent events?

MaxineC
10-08-2011, 21:35
Thinking we're a bunch of thugs, with some pansies as police I would imagine... We need the Nationals to pop over to to the UK, they'd sort these goons out in a few hours!

slodgedad
10-08-2011, 22:31
As far as I can see they are not making a meal of it like UK TV but showing bits, as the UK does about other afflicted countries.

Less always says more.

To the Spanish we are just another place affected by hooligans and anarchists.

Isn't propaganda wonderful...........................

mossy
11-08-2011, 08:13
Give it time it'll spread to the rest of europe:sorry:

fonica
11-08-2011, 09:21
Give it time it'll spread to the rest of europe:sorry:
Yes,but they will deal with it somewhat differently as would the majority of UK citizens given the opportunity.

bonitatime
11-08-2011, 11:32
Certainly if todays paper has anything to go by they are not terribly interested. In the diario de avisos there was a note on the first page about what Cameron had commented with a small article on about page 50

http://www.eldia.es/2011-08-11/internacional/5-Autorizan-balas-goma-canones-agua.htm

British Prime Minister, David Cameron promised yesterday to address more forcefully the wave of violence thathas occured inthe UK and, to date, has claimed four lives and has led to 1094 arrests. Cameron said the improvement of the situation in London was due to more officers on the street and said that the police, if needed, could use water cannon and rubber bullets to disperse the riot.

The country experienced yesterday a day of relative calm, with no incidents until around midnight.

Despite the absence of trouble yesterday in Birmingham, a city patrolled by 1,000 police last night, the British media emphasized the tense atmosphere that is in the Muslim community after the death of three members.

YOUNG GOLFER
11-08-2011, 12:30
Talking to friends who are Spanish/Canarian even some people last light from Italy and they all asked me what was going on back in the UK....when i told them my thoughts on it....they all more or less went down the line of the Police in the UK are very soft.

I have seen how the Police act both here in Tenerife and back home and it is completely different sorry to say..... the Police i find in the UK have their hands tied and feel that they are more likely to get into trouble when dealing with the youths of today more so if the person is Black or Asian.

Here i have seen the Police in Tenerife at work...ok they might not be as friendly as the local bobby but when it comes to trouble they will rush in and deal with it with force.....be it their own people or others.

I just would like to see the Police back home grow some balls...forget what colour a person is just deal with the problem.

Its about time the UK started to listen to the everyday folk who pay their taxes...they are not happy with how soft the country has become.

mossy
11-08-2011, 12:45
Talking to friends who are Spanish/Canarian even some people last light from Italy and they all asked me what was going on back in the UK....when i told them my thoughts on it....they all more or less went down the line of the Police in the UK are very soft.

I have seen how the Police act both here in Tenerife and back home and it is completely different sorry to say..... the Police i find in the UK have their hands tied and feel that they are more likely to get into trouble when dealing with the youths of today more so if the person is Black or Asian.

Here i have seen the Police in Tenerife at work...ok they might not be as friendly as the local bobby but when it comes to trouble they will rush in and deal with it with force.....be it their own people or others.

I just would like to see the Police back home grow some balls...forget what colour a person is just deal with the problem.

Its about time the UK started to listen to the everyday folk who pay their taxes...they are not happy with how soft the country has become.

I agree with what you're saying and also the law needs to change in regards to crimes committed by minors,they seem to have the freedom to do what they like with impunity.

dom
11-08-2011, 12:52
Thinking we're a bunch of thugs, with some pansies as police I would imagine... We need the Nationals to pop over to to the UK, they'd sort these goons out in a few hours!
disagree i think the Guardia would be much better

cainaries
11-08-2011, 22:58
Speaking to a Spanish friend today who had lived in UK for 12 years. He left here with more or less nothing and said the British had given him everything he had, qualifications and a career, leading him to start his own small business. He couldn't believe all these people saying they had nothing, no opportunities, etc. He asked a question I've not heard anyone else ask ... suppose these instant uprisings in several cities had been actual terrorist attacks. Would the police have reacted differently and do they have different orders according to their perception of the trouble in front of them?

Harmonicaman
11-08-2011, 23:06
A través de lentes de colores rosa