PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is getting married tomorrow... Aaaahh!

TenerifeTeddy
10-08-2011, 22:37
My daughter Marie is getting married tomorrow to her fiance Matt, altogether - aaaahhhh!

I thought I'd share today with you :)
0830 Raining
0930 Chase up Greenwoods to see if wedding suit is in yet - no, hopefully in by about 1pm (should have arrived over a week ago!)
1000 Edit speech for the umteenth time. - Still raining
1200, Go into Boston and buy Ribbon for wedding car and rosepetals for confetti (Tattershall Castle only allow rosepetals aparently) Still raining
1400 Suit finally ready, go into Greenwoods in Boston to try it on. All fits nicely, except assistant thinks I have wrong waistcoat. Mine is L, other is M, everyone else has had theirs for a week. I explain that the only way he will get it back is to prise it from my cold dead fingers :)
1430 Load car with 100+ seat covers, wraps, favours, presssies etc and head for Petwood Hotel - Still raining
Spend afternoon putting seat covers on seats, purple wraps on backs or chairs, setting out, favours, place cards, sprinkling all the tables with silver hearts and glittery beads. - Still raining
1800 grab sausage and chips from Coningsby fish & chip shop.
1900, Take daughter to pick up VERY delicate cup cake style wedding cake and 110 cupcakes, put small cupcakes in back of car, big cupcake on daughters lap and Pray i dont have to break hard in next 20 miles. - Still raining.
1930, Come across boy racer accident, make sure morons aren't dead or dying, call police, clear debris, carry on back to Petwood. -Still raining
1945 Come across another accident, car and motorbike, all Ok, weave round debris and carry on.
2000 Arrive at Petwood, gingerly carrry in cakes, and for the first time growl at daughter when she starts to help the assistant set up the cake - still got stuff to do and still bloody raining.
2030 get back to house, wifey and daughter go off to get fingers and toes painted, I collapse in chair with beer:yum:
2100 Just relaxing, get phone call from daughter, Big pressie for stepson in cupboard, wrapping paper in closet, can I wrap it up for her!!!!!

I love my daughter very much, but boy is she gonna pay for it at the speech tomorrow.:cheeky: BTW its still bloody raining. I do hope it stops for her for tomorrow.

At least they are spending their honeymoon at our place in Tenerife, whilst we house sit for them. At least they will have better weather than here at the moment.

We are also just wondering if my son who is a Police Officer will make it tomorrow, as all Police leave has been cancelled and he may be sent off on riot duties elswhere in the country.:(

bonitatime
10-08-2011, 22:40
Hope the sun shines and everything goes well.

tizzywizzy
10-08-2011, 22:44
Have a lovely day and i am sure everything will go to plan.Remember we have to see some photos.

lesbroz
10-08-2011, 22:46
I hope you all have a wonderful time. My daughter got married last Saturday. The forecast was for rain, rain and more rain. God must like us as it kept dry and there was the occasionally bit of sunshine. Have to say it was probably the best day of my life (so far).

imablue
10-08-2011, 22:50
aahh.. TT hope everything goes well for you...
your post was longer than the fella doing the wedding vows ........

slodgedad
10-08-2011, 22:50
Hope you have a great day. Carol, Charlotte and me..

sunspot
10-08-2011, 23:04
Hope you all have a lovely day with plenty of sunshine and laughter,warmest congratulations to them both

TenerifeFanatic
10-08-2011, 23:11
Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow!:tiphat:

doreen
10-08-2011, 23:20
Have a wonderful day - hope it Brings you Sunshine

rather than

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GqaQkhuYw&feature=related

AL JAY
10-08-2011, 23:23
Hope you all have a wonderful day and the sun shines on you all!!!

slodgedad
10-08-2011, 23:27
Have a wonderful day - hope it Brings you Sunshine

rather than

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GqaQkhuYw&feature=relatedMagic.................

balababe
10-08-2011, 23:27
All the best for tomorrow - look forward to seeing some photos, plus video of your speech???????:)

marbro8
10-08-2011, 23:44
everything is going to be perfect, so just sit back, relax and try to remember every moment because it doesn't happen every day, it really is special;)

kieraj
10-08-2011, 23:46
ahh have a lovely day enjoy every moment because it goes so quick x

MaxineC
10-08-2011, 23:50
Very funny... ;)

Have a wonderful day, everything crossed that the sun will shine... and groom isn't whisked off to sort the idiots out! Much love and congratulations to the happy couple xx

TenerifeTeddy
11-08-2011, 00:00
The camera battery is charging, I've done a sun dance, suit is pressed, speech is learnt. It is my son who is the Policeman not the groom - That would be one heck of an excuse for being stood up at the altar. What can possibly go wrong:D

YOUNG GOLFER
11-08-2011, 00:16
The camera battery is charging, I've done a sun dance, suit is pressed, speech is learnt. It is my son who is the Policeman not the groom - That would be one heck of an excuse for being stood up at the altar. What can possibly go wrong:D

Nothing will go wrong mate........... enjoy the day and have a great time.....kiss to the wife x

slodgedad
11-08-2011, 00:18
The camera battery is charging, I've done a sun dance, suit is pressed, speech is learnt. It is my son who is the Policeman not the groom - That would be one heck of an excuse for being stood up at the altar. What can possibly go wrong:DNothing. Sod the telly, sod the world, sod Tenerife.

Today is your family's day.

sundownersvince
11-08-2011, 00:27
It's a bit damp round here Lincs way, but I am assured Sun will be here in the morning, all be it....maybe....at !0,000ft...........Who cares?....Have a good one!

MrsTT
11-08-2011, 09:01
TT has been a wonderful Dad, patiently managing the seemingly endless changes of plan via the mobiles whilst coping with the rain, traffic and and what seemed like a herculean task of cake transporting!! I gather his eyebrows worked overtime when daughter tried to help with setting the cake stand up, as he knew we were already hours late for the nails!! We eventually tiptoed back into the house after midnight!! Thank goodness he wrapped the parcel! I let him have a bit of a lie in this morning, and got up with the bride, to see her off for her hair appointment, and now is the lull before the next whirlwind adventure! Wedding not til later this afternoon- phew!!Just have to transport everything not already there to the hotel and keep our fingers crossed that all the bits are in the right place for them. Still got my hair & her makeup to fit in, and flowers to sort out arriving at the hotel. If yesterday is anything to go by Iam expecting a mobile call any minute, for yet another shift in the timings. :spin: At least the wedding time is fixed!!!Weather forecast looks hopeful for later. There WILL be photos galore :)

dede
11-08-2011, 09:15
Im sure you will all have a wonderful day today, its the most stressful time i have ever had in my life when our daughter got married in April, but after all the hard work and worrying it turned out to be one of the best days ever... good luck to the happy couple and of course to mum and dad xxx

Malteser Monkey
11-08-2011, 12:10
Hope all goes well today and that it stops raining and the sun comes out !

XXXX

Harmonicaman
11-08-2011, 18:21
Congratulations TT and Mrs TT, hope your daughter and her new hubby have a great day!http://bestsmileys.com/wedding/8.gif

Malteser Monkey
12-08-2011, 13:43
so how did it go ?

lesbroz
12-08-2011, 18:10
Yes, come on, we really want to know.

marbro8
12-08-2011, 20:58
Yes, come on, we really want to know.they are all nursing massive hangovers:D

TenerifeTeddy
12-08-2011, 21:20
Phew - Just got back to my daughters house. The deed is done and Marie is Miss Simpson no longer, but Mrs Edge.:D:D
They are on their way to Tenerife for their honeymoon as I type:spin:

We spent this morning recovering and tidying up, and then spent the afternoon at my sons house.

It was a great day, even the rain held off, to be replaced by a very stiff breeze, there are lots of photos of Marie with a horizontal veil :laugh:

It all went well, though Marie was a bit keen :) and we arrived at Tattershall Castle earlier than most of the guests, and had to wait around the corner in order to give everyone time to arrive:crylaughing:

The ceremony in the castle was lovely with a solo harpist providing background music, and Matts 2 small sons were the ring bearers. aaahh!

Then there were 2 lots of photos to take, first at Tattershall Castle then another lot at Petwood House, so that took a while.:whistle:

Then we had the reception with me first up with my speech which went down well :) The best man had us in stitches with anecdotes of the groom and A3 sized photos of the Stag night.

The evening was a great success with possibly the funniest bit coming when they sent 24 Chinese lanterns up into the sky.
I recon there were 6 third degree burns, several trees, Petwood House and half of Woodhall Spa firebombed last night:crylaughing:

It was a great time, very emotional to see my little girl married off, looking radiant and very happy. :jumping:

I will put some photos on tomorrow :) I would also like to say a huge thank you for all your Kind wishes :D

Malteser Monkey
12-08-2011, 21:55
Brilliant so glad you all had a great time xx

TenerifeFanatic
12-08-2011, 22:04
So glad you all had a wonderful day and have so many wonderful memories locked away in your hearts forever!

MrsTT
13-08-2011, 05:48
It was a fantastic day and so good to catch up with everyone in our family and meet all Matt's family. So many happy memories for everyone!

delgirl
13-08-2011, 12:57
glad it all went well and a good time was had by all :laugh:

TenerifeTeddy
13-08-2011, 18:26
1084 1085 1087

TenerifeTeddy
13-08-2011, 18:28
1088 1089 1090

Missingthereef
13-08-2011, 19:43
How lovely to see Good News! Looks like all your hard work was worth it...the wedding pics are fab. Congratulations and best wishes to all.xx

janbee
14-08-2011, 04:04
Your daughter looks lovely and her dad looks very proud - glad you had a super day

bonitatime
14-08-2011, 08:01
Great photos
Glad it went well. Your daughter looks lovely.

lesbroz
14-08-2011, 11:49
Congratulations to you all. The Bride looked lovely as did everyone. Thank you for the pics.

Linda
16-08-2011, 04:05
Have a good day.
I am glad to hear that news.
God bless your daughter.