PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to get a Certificado de Residencia for my child?

A.P.&.S.S
10-08-2011, 23:19
I have full Nie & Residentia, its a qestion about my partner and our son. They are arriving here on 4th September to stay full time, my partner will get the full(green paper) Nie & Residention but our son is only 4 - the question is does he have to get one or can he just be added on ours??

Thanks in advance

slodgedad
10-08-2011, 23:33
I'm not sure now, but when we arrived 17 years ago it was easy to add my daughter to mine.

Not a lot of help, I know, but at least I've bumped your thread.

ali marshall
10-08-2011, 23:38
Your son can get his own residence,i have a son of 3 and he has his own.Worth having for the theme park and flight reductions.Will need photos done for the paper and copys of birth certificate etc

TIS
11-08-2011, 00:06
Same procedure as for adults, but you have to be there at same time ( for obvious reasons). Our 2 had them done immediately to avail ourselves of the Aqua Park discounts etc. Well worth it.

mossy
11-08-2011, 08:05
We're going to do the same.Does the birth cert have to be translated?

TIS
11-08-2011, 09:08
We're going to do the same.Does the birth cert have to be translated?
Fortunately for us ours were born here so not an issue for us. But, I would have thought that you need this translated unless they are already included in your British passport.

mossy
11-08-2011, 09:57
Fortunately for us ours were born here so not an issue for us. But, I would have thought that you need this translated unless they are already included in your British passport.

Well it's either we take a chance and if it doesn't work my next question will be,does anyone know of a reasonably priced translation service?

Tinkabel
11-08-2011, 10:11
We didn't need to have our daughters birth certifcate translated although this was 6 years ago, hopefully you'll have no problems either.

A.P.&.S.S
11-08-2011, 10:23
Your son can get his own residence,i have a son of 3 and he has his own.Worth having for the theme park and flight reductions.Will need photos done for the paper and copys of birth certificate etc

Thanks for all your replies, we have all the stuff in place as I did mine a few months ago when I came over and presumed it would be the same for the kids but just was not 100% sure. Yeah parks and flights well worth the hassel for that alone, saved myself about €13 at Loro Park the other week!!!;)

ali marshall
11-08-2011, 14:40
Both of my sons are residences and we did the papers last year.We also did not need there birth certificate translating:Off the top of my head you will need a copy of your passport,the childs passport,the photos,copy of birth certificate and the child padromiento which can be done at the culture center,this is to prove where your child is living.

You go to the police station and collect the forms,once you have filled the forms in you take it to a caja canaries bank i think the fee is around 20 euro,they will then stamp the paper.You return these paper and photo copys as above to the police station and they will present your child with his residence.Once you have the forms will show you all the papers you need,they are pretty helpfull at the desk if your not sure about the forms..Good luck!!