PDA

View Full Version : Sport Beach volley ball, the beach in Fañbe will host the Continental cup.

bonitatime
11-08-2011, 12:58
http://www.eldia.es/2011-08-06/JORNADA/55-Adeje-presentada-ciudad-sede-Continental-Cup.htm

Fanabe beach in Adeje, has been finally confirmed as the host city of the Continental Cup, Olympic Qualifying Tournament for the 2012 London Games. Yesterday the official presentation took place for the tournament which will be held from September 30 to October 2.

The Continental Cup competition is the new star of the International Federation, the European Confederation and the Royal Spanish Volleyball Federation. This tournament is played in a format similar to Davis Cup tennis, where national teams participate in a system of direct elimination.

The winners of the Continental Cup champion in the Canary Islands, both in the male and female categories will participate in the grand final, which is the gateway to the Olympic Games in London 2012 and that in turn decides the champion country who will hold the title the following four years.

In the Canary Islands Continental Cup there will be 12 national teams, each with 2 teams in each category. In total, no fewer than 12 men's teams and 12 women's teams with a total 48 world class players. This will be a show in which players strive to achieve the highest aspiration of every sportsman and especially the beach volleyball players , the chance to participate in Olympic Games.

This tournament will see on stage the stars of the Spanish team. On the mens team the best players on the team are Pablo Herrera and Adrian Gavira, who come to the Continental Cup ranked as the fourth best in the world. Meanwhile, the team of Elsa Baquerizo and Liliana F. Steiner are a revelation in the women's team, performing in the best in the recent tournaments that were held in Poland, Canada and Austria.

Spain are favorites
In the male competition, Spain will face teams like Norway, the Czech Republic or Austria, who have players of high technical level and teams at the top of the world ranking. However, Spain start as a favorite to win. Regarding the women, Spain has it even more difficult, as will face nothing less than the European champions and the best team in history, German Sara Goller and Laura Ludwig, as well as the fabulous team of Holtwick and Katrin Ilka Semmler. In addition to German, Italy is a strong candidate to win.

kingbaker
11-08-2011, 18:05
Thanks BT I'd like to play with the womens team. How do I sign up and where?:wave::tiphat::laugh:

Jackie
11-08-2011, 21:20
Thanks for the info...I may just have to pop down there in my lunch break to check out....oooppps I mean cheer on Pablo and Adrian ;)