PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants The Olive Garden, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

Davethepubsinger
11-08-2011, 14:06
My wife and I popped down here yesterday lunchtime for their sandwich meal deal. We have been many times before and the value for money is unbelievable. The bread for the sandwiches is baked on the premises and is light and fluffy. The sandwiches themselves are door stop slices with a massive amount of filling (just try the tuna mayonnaise) served with chips and salad garnish. Prices start from 2.95 euro (some fillings attract an extra euro).

I have seen many people fail to finish their meal because of the quantity of food!

Try it it's excellent value.

Balcony
12-08-2011, 13:37
We last ate dinner there, I guess, soon after they opened. The food was exceptionally good and worth the wait.

Last trip we had breakfast there, also very good.

marbro8
18-10-2011, 20:49
we had 2 meals there last week and had to book a table for 9 on both occasions, we went on the balti nights and the curry is probably the best on the island, and as long as you stick to the offer it is cheap, but when you start adding prawns and chicken tikka and chips it gets expensive, the first night we went they had to split us up and the 4 adults had one table and the teenagers had the table of 5, but the waitress with the plumb in her mouth was so condescending to the kids my wife wanted to make an official complaint to the owner, but we think she sussed what we where talking about and transformed into nanny mcphee(the nice version) they had ordered cocktails which they said was horrible but she said ok i will not charge them, and on our second visit she went out of her way to make them welcome? so maybe she had realised her mistake so fair play

nath
18-10-2011, 20:54
Sounds interesting!!! Where are they located more or less? Need to go and check them out soon!!

apricotcandy
26-12-2012, 23:25
can anyone yell me where the Olive Garden is please. Is it anywhere near the hotel Reveron?

Cheers

TenerifeFanatic
26-12-2012, 23:49
can anyone yell me where the Olive Garden is please. Is it anywhere near the hotel Reveron?

CheersThe Olive Garden is just along from the Swedish Church going towards the Sunday market and virtually opposite the supermarket selling British products.

apricotcandy
27-12-2012, 11:27
Thanks very much. I think we may have unknowingly been in , on our way back from the market. If I am right it is just beyond the steps/ ramp

tfs1
08-12-2015, 12:57
The Olive Garden has opened another outlet on the 1st floor in the Passerella Centre. Where DialPrix/Santander/Manhattans is located. Not been yet.

LindaD
08-12-2015, 19:21
The Olive Garden has opened another outlet on the 1st floor in the Passerella Centre. Where DialPrix/Santander/Manhattans is located. Not been yet.

The lady who owns it told us that a couple of days ago, not looked yet, but she said it would be selling the bread etc to start with then hopefully starting a wee cafe. Really like the Olive Garden thinking about going there for our Xmas dinner 24.95 e for three courses

Andes
09-12-2015, 14:07
The lady who owns it told us that a couple of days ago, not looked yet, but she said it would be selling the bread etc to start with then hopefully starting a wee cafe. Really like the Olive Garden thinking about going there for our Xmas dinner 24.95 e for three courses

Sounds good!
I have been there couple of times. The food is home cooked and large portions fantastic value for money..

Ecky Thump
09-12-2015, 15:39

The only thing that stops me from going to the "Olive Garden" is that it looks like people eating under a "car port", it's general appearance just doesn't do it for me, although to be fair it does get glowing reviews.

blondie
09-12-2015, 16:42
Ditto Ecky . We ate in it one lunchtime because of the reviews but found the enormous portions put us off. We were the same in Gran Paella Valencia up at Porto Colon , were there because of the reviews and did not enjoy it at all , oh well , cant all have the same tastes or half the places would be empty .

macdonald5
09-12-2015, 18:00
Ditto Ecky . We ate in it one lunchtime because of the reviews but found the enormous portions put us off. We were the same in Gran Paella Valencia up at Porto Colon , were there because of the reviews and did not enjoy it at all , oh well , cant all have the same tastes or half the places would be empty .

Totally agree blondie re Gran Paella Valencia , we enjoy a good portion of food but that was huge and off puting
Also don't like the cats lying under and on tables

Ecky Thump
09-12-2015, 18:16
Totally agree blondie re Gran Paella Valencia , we enjoy a good portion of food but that was huge and off puting
Also don't like the cats lying under and on tables

Don't go to China.....The Dogs are ON the plates!:wow:

macdonald5
09-12-2015, 18:27
Don't go to China.....The Dogs are ON the plates!:wow:

Or Rhodes the cats were crawling up our legs in restuarants and giving birth under our sun beds !!!
Not squeemish but !!!

LindaD
13-12-2015, 14:48
The new Olive Garden is now open for business and it includes its usual meals etc. It's nice and clean and the food as good as ever. They close the one on the front at 4pm now but the new one is onen til about 10 in the evening. It really does look very good and still fantastic value for money.

Ecky Thump
13-12-2015, 16:05
The new Olive Garden is now open for business and it includes its usual meals etc. It's nice and clean and the food as good as ever. They close the one on the front at 4pm now but the new one is onen til about 10 in the evening. It really does look very good and still fantastic value for money.

Is that where your going to treat me to a meal in May, as I notice you stated " Fantastic Value for Money", which equates to CHEAP!! :D

tfs1
13-12-2015, 20:56
Is that where your going to treat me to a meal in May, as I notice you stated " Fantastic Value for Money", which equates to CHEAP!! :D

The rumour was that they were going 'up market' in their new location, apart from upping the prices I'm not sure what that really means !

Will have to see when we are back 5 weeks tomorrow ( but who's counting !). Its going to be a very long 5 weeks.

Only been back in the UK a day and fed up already .

essexeddie
13-12-2015, 23:05
The only thing that stops me from going to the "Olive Garden" is that it looks like people eating under a "car port", it's general appearance just doesn't do it for me, although to be fair it does get glowing reviews.

I agree, only been a couple of times. Food was fine but the venue just didn't hit it with us. in actual fact the owners [if they still own] are from Essex and not too far from us. Not that that has any bearing on the matter.
Where abouts is the new one?

Ecky Thump
13-12-2015, 23:20
I agree, only been a couple of times. Food was fine but the venue just didn't hit it with us. in actual fact the owners [if they still own] are from Essex and not too far from us. Not that that has any bearing on the matter.
Where abouts is the new one?

Just up the road from your apartment at the Passerrella Centre (Dialprix Supermarket)

essexeddie
13-12-2015, 23:53
Wow! Didn't know that, just back after two months there. Back shortly so will check it out.

LindaD
15-12-2015, 21:10

That's it booked Ecky for May so put in your diary :lol:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The rumour was that they were going 'up market' in their new location, apart from upping the prices I'm not sure what that really means !

Will have to see when we are back 5 weeks tomorrow ( but who's counting !). Its going to be a very long 5 weeks.

Only been back in the UK a day and fed up already .

No prices are still the same as we've been a couple of times now. Very clean and spacious compared to their old,place and meals still as good - and that's what's important!!!! :tiphat:

Ecky Thump
16-12-2015, 14:21
That's it booked Ecky for May so put in your diary :lol:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

No the prices are still the same as we've been a couple of times now. Very clean and spacious compared to their old,place and meals still as good - and that's what's important!!!! :tiphat:

So very true, especially for us from North of the Border!!

Malteser Monkey , take note! :D

Malteser Monkey
16-12-2015, 14:44
So very true, especially for us from North of the Border!!

Malteser Monkey , take note! :D

All inclusive eh ?? tight ...........:crylaughing:

TOTO 99
16-12-2015, 16:01

I think you'll find Ecky is only all inclusive during the fortnight that Marb is there....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
16-12-2015, 16:52

I think you'll find Ecky is only all inclusive during the fortnight that Marb is there....:laugh:

Exclusive when we are on our own, but when marbro8 and LindaD are with us we become very much all inclusive! :D

Newforest
18-12-2015, 10:27
Just up the road from your apartment at the Passerrella Centre (Dialprix Supermarket)

And to be more exact, on the first floor of the center. It is not signed on the outside so you will not see it until you are inside. There are some, as usual, awkward regulations about how and where to put your signs.

Anyway, Christmas dinner is sorted, got the last two bookings for the afternoon session, bring on the turkey (vegetarians also catered for!).

tfs1
08-02-2016, 14:17
I understand the 'old' Olive Garden is closed and reopening soon as the 'Lemon Tree', will take a stroll down there tomorrow to have a look and report back unless anyone else has news.

Somebody we know went to the new Olive Garden yesterday for Sunday lunch, they hadn't make a reservation and couldnt get in as it was full - seems to be proving very popular, especially on a Sunday.

Newforest
08-02-2016, 16:56
That's why I recommend it, but you have to choose the right time! We tend to choose between 4.00 and 5.00 pm, it tends to be half empty. Anytime after 7.00, forget it!

tfs1
22-02-2016, 20:44
table reserved for next sunday evening.

marbro8
22-02-2016, 20:50
table reserved for next sunday evening.there will be 9 of us in may so i think we will be reserving a lot of tables at different places including here

TOTO 99
22-02-2016, 20:54
there will be 9 of us in may so i think we will be reserving a lot of tables at different places including here

Thanks for the warning......:laugh:

tfs1
22-02-2016, 21:07
there will be 9 of us in may so i think we will be reserving a lot of tables at different places including here

hopefully we will be able to give a good report after our visit this weekend, nice friendly people we spoke to today.

Ecky Thump
22-02-2016, 21:29

And there was me thinking that on the night that you are buying the meal at the Olive Garden that there would be eleven of us!!:(

marbro8
22-02-2016, 21:40
And there was me thinking that on the night that you are buying the meal at the Olive Garden that there would be eleven of us!!:(we may as well hire the whole venue:laugh:

dotyb
23-02-2016, 01:50
went last friday.....wasnt imprest...wont be going again

tfs1
23-02-2016, 09:33
went last friday.....wasnt imprest...wont be going again

what was the problem ? was it the food, portion size, staff, price, service, location ? or something else

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 10:37
what was the problem ? was it the food, portion size, staff, price, service, location ? or something else

I agree, more information is needed, a review opinion of returning or not to any restaurant without positive or negative reasoning equals....no review! ???

dotyb
23-02-2016, 14:34
l asked for chicken breast salad.....l got chopped up chicken,

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 16:32
l asked for chicken breast salad.....l got chopped up chicken,

Now was the chopped up chicken....... breast or leg? :D

Most of us have a preference.:p

tfs1
23-02-2016, 20:36
Now was the chopped up chicken....... breast or leg? :D

Most of us have a preference.:p

We are having lamb.

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 21:00
We are having lamb.

So you won't be having a Hot & Spicy wing then, but you could have the shank....had to be careful there.:p

tfs1
23-02-2016, 22:11
So you won't be having a Hot & Spicy wing then, but you could have the shank....had to be careful there.:p

When it comes to sheep I'm a leg man myself.

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 22:16
When it comes to sheep I'm a leg man myself.

Whereas the Welsh contingent aren't too fussy, they even fancy a bit of Mutton dressed as Lamb! :D