PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy wooden spindles for a staircase in Tenerife?

Tenerife Blade
11-08-2011, 16:41
I'm in the process of making a few alterations to the house and I'm wanting to know where would be the best place to find wooden spindles for a stair case please?

If there are any carpenters amongst you, I might consider asking for a price to supply and fit if the price is right. It's not a big job though.

I'm not necessarily looking for hardwood. Pine or another alternative would do fine. Would even consider second hand ones if anyone is ripping our a staircase.

If anyone knows of anyone / anywhere that can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks peeps.

Suzanne
11-08-2011, 18:52
Try Dorta in Valle San Lorenzo. Or the wood place just up from iceland.

atlantico
11-08-2011, 21:37
that's assuming that you're in Tenerife, not UK - otherwise . . . . B&Q

Most DIY stores up North have them, and maybe Afortunadas in Las Chafiras

Tenerife Blade
11-08-2011, 22:15
that's assuming that you're in Tenerife, not UK - otherwise . . . . B&Q

Most DIY stores up North have them, and maybe Afortunadas in Las Chafiras

Sorry Atlantico. I'm in Tenerife. B & Q would have been ideal. Have tried Afortunadas, but they only had hardwood, which were more than I want to pay. Was hoping to avoid a trip to Leroy Merlins if I can help it.

obs
11-08-2011, 22:23
As Suzanne said, try Dorta in Valle San Lorenzo, on the main street. They (some of them) speak quite good English.

Tenerife Blade
11-08-2011, 22:36
Try Dorta in Valle San Lorenzo. Or the wood place just up from iceland.

Thanks Suzanne. I'll pay a visit to Dorta if I don't find anything in Las Chafiras over the weekend.

As Suzanne said, try Dorta in Valle San Lorenzo, on the main street. They (some of them) speak quite good English.

Thanks OBS. I'll head up there if I fail to find anything in Las Chafiras.

Assanya
22-09-2011, 12:12
A sweeping grand staircase is often the focal point of entry into a new home. It is a dramatic and permanent piece of furniture, which gives a lasting first impression. Your ladder is also an important and functional home. If not properly designed and built can be uncomfortable at best, worse, dangerous.
Circular or linear design, traditional or contemporary style, natural wood finishes or painted, is entirely up to you and what best fits your homes style and decor.
In designing a house, be sure to leave enough space for stairs. You will need a minimum of 36 "to" walk "the tread and no more than 8" lift. (Hint: the more steps you have in your ladder at the bottom of each elevator and stairs less steep). A measure 6-1/2 "to 7-1/2" would be a good place to aim for. Example: if your floor is 9 feet, 2 inches above the first floor and has 14 steps, each elevator would be 7.34. "Since there is always an increase over the tread take the total increase, 110" and divided by the total number of bands, 15, to reach 7.34 "rise by. If you wanted a less steep staircase that could add another drawing. 110" divided by 16 bands have an increase of 6.88 for "If pressed for space you can delete a tread and make you more steep stairs. 110 "divided by 14 steps (13 steps) gives an increase of 7.86 for".

Suej
22-09-2011, 12:13
Dorta´s! Vale San Lorenzo.;)

steffiesmith12
02-11-2011, 08:10
StairPartsUSA.com (Beautiful Homes, Inc.) was founded in 2005 to provide our customers with quality stair parts and supplies at great prices. also offers a wide variety of wrought iron balusters at wholesale prices.

Ecky Thump
02-11-2011, 08:16
StairPartsUSA.com (Beautiful Homes, Inc.) was founded in 2005 to provide our customers with quality stair parts and supplies at great prices. also offers a wide variety of wrought iron balusters at wholesale prices.

Great product range, but delivery to Tenerife.....????????????;)

gsc
20-01-2012, 12:02
What would you expect to spend on a simple open plan replacement staircase? We have one in the lounge leading up to the roof that is way too steep. We started off thinking of a spiral but that proved too big. I don't really want to pay a grand for a simple replacement though.