PDA

View Full Version : Other Does anyone know anything about the parascending at Puerto Colon in Tenerife?

Ali.xx
11-08-2011, 18:53
Does anyone know anything about the activities which might be called Para-gliding down at Porto Colon? You are attached to a parchute type thingy and go up in the air from a boat!! Thanks.

bonitatime
11-08-2011, 19:04
We did this last summer from Puerto Colon. We booked it in the harbour but I am sure Red Arrow and the other people on here who do excursions can book this for you.
We were taken by boat out to sea and then but on the ramp they have on the back of the boat and let out and up. It was about 10 mins I would guess but a really great experience.
I had done this as a child but not since (long time ago) it was probably the highlight of my summer.

imablue
11-08-2011, 21:15
the right definition is Parasailing or Parascending...when one is towed by a vehicle (usually a boat)....
Paragliding is when (as alot do) throw themselves off high points and glide ........

Harmonicaman
11-08-2011, 22:49
Parahandy...The Vital Spark:)

Andy0210
11-08-2011, 23:43
Yep, go down the slope into Puerto Colon, when the road turns to the right just after the entrance to the car park look by the sea, you will see a motorbike with a sign leant against it for the parascending, ask for Nigel he owns the business you can book it direct with him and cut out the middle man and also commision.

Mention my name, Andy Van Man and he will probably do you a bit of a deal, he is a friend of mine, nice guy from Bolton! :)

emskie
12-08-2011, 09:37
Or book online with www.tenerifesunshine.com :spin:

Ali.xx
28-02-2012, 21:07
Thanks guys. Had problems getting on here since last summer!! Whats been going on? Will pop down there when Im back in July.

gillybeans
03-08-2012, 14:05
Can anyone advise me - my boys aged 13 and 10 (and a half) are at me to let them try parasending (of which I am very nervous - is it safe?). Is it best to book at the beach or an excursion outlet or on line with Tenerife excursions and how much does it cost. We are staying in Los Cristianos. Thanks for any help.

AL JAY
03-08-2012, 15:23
Here is a earlier TF thread on Parascending!

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7984-Does-anyone-know-anything-about-the-parascending-at-Puerto-Colon-in-Tenerife

slodgedad
04-08-2012, 01:11
Here is a earlier TF thread on Parascending!

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7984-Does-anyone-know-anything-about-the-parascending-at-Puerto-Colon-in-Tenerife

Threads merged..