PDA

View Full Version : All this just to work at a hotel!

henry
11-08-2011, 20:27
well today i went thru my medicial because that what the hotel wants.

i went to la laguna for the exam. god!! all this just to work as a valet. i never did this when i work at the other hotels, arona grand hotel, grand tinerife.

i had to be there at 10am.

so left here at 7am. went to santa cruz catch the tranvia. i didnīt know where it was. catch a taxi. 15.20 euros ride. in taxi

had to do a drug test. (easy i donīt take drugs) and other things. it like a new player coming to a football team.

i donīt smoke donīt drink. yes iīm allagery to latex. when i was working in the kitchen. my arms was puffy and deep red rashs from the latex gloves.

took a hearing test.(pass) had to blow my breath in a tube. had to take a eye sign test. i know i am color blind. a reflex test. my heart test. (god!! there more!!!)
how tall i am 6 feet 2 about 1 meter 88 round there. i did lost some weight i was 115 kilos. now 105 kilos.

the doctor beanding my kneeīs streching my back ask (any pain). no i reply.

and lift weight to see how much i can lift.
allmost bout 60 kilos.

now if i was in greater shape maybe a bit more

all this time i thought just go in a little cup and that be it!!!

for 20 mins i had some wires hook to my chest to check my heart rate. (like i said all this for a valet!! or am i playing for c.d.tenerife team?)

then they send me to santa cruz. to do the drug test.so i did that and they draw bout half a pint of blood. to see what blood type which i know o+ the good blood and rare.to fill bout 6 little tubes of my blood. finally iīm done and they will send the results back to the hotel sometime next week.

man!! what even happed to go to the bathroom and you come out with a sample of your fluid!!

all this i really thought i was going to play for c.d.tenerife!!!

cainaries
11-08-2011, 21:47
well today i went thru my medicial because that what the hotel wants.

i went to la laguna for the exam. god!! all this just to work as a valet. i never did this when i work at the other hotels, arona grand hotel, grand tinerife.

i had to be there at 10am.

so left here at 7am. went to santa cruz catch the tranvia. i didnīt know where it was. catch a taxi. 15.20 euros ride. in taxi

had to do a drug test. (easy i donīt take drugs) and other things. it like a new player coming to a football team.

i donīt smoke donīt drink. yes iīm allagery to latex. when i was working in the kitchen. my arms was puffy and deep red rashs from the latex gloves.

took a hearing test.(pass) had to blow my breath in a tube. had to take a eye sign test. i know i am color blind. a reflex test. my heart test. (god!! there more!!!)
how tall i am 6 feet 2 about 1 meter 88 round there. i did lost some weight i was 115 kilos. now 105 kilos.

the doctor beanding my kneeīs streching my back ask (any pain). no i reply.

and lift weight to see how much i can lift.
allmost bout 60 kilos.

now if i was in greater shape maybe a bit more

all this time i thought just go in a little cup and that be it!!!

for 20 mins i had some wires hook to my chest to check my heart rate. (like i said all this for a valet!! or am i playing for c.d.tenerife team?)

then they send me to santa cruz. to do the drug test.so i did that and they draw bout half a pint of blood. to see what blood type which i know o+ the good blood and rare.to fill bout 6 little tubes of my blood. finally iīm done and they will send the results back to the hotel sometime next week.

man!! what even happed to go to the bathroom and you come out with a sample of your fluid!!

all this i really thought i was going to play for c.d.tenerife!!!

Just imagine what you would have had to pay BUPA for all those tests, henry, and think yourself lucky!

TenerifeFanatic
11-08-2011, 21:53
At the end of all that I bet you felt as if you had played a full ninety minutes plus extra time!!rolleyes2:

Harmonicaman
11-08-2011, 21:56
They're sizing you up for Regional Manager Tenerife Sur, Henry. Go with the flow!:)

Jackie
11-08-2011, 22:00
They have to know you are fit and healthy Henry, they don't want you keeling over on them when you pick up a suitcase ;)

I think it is great that they have done all these tests for you at their expense.

slodgedad
11-08-2011, 22:46
It's a legal requirement now, Henry.

Doesn't matter what your job is.

Even entertainment agencies now have to send their acts for one, and you know how unfit most of us are...Frightening....;)

Goforgold
12-08-2011, 08:16
Henry, at least you now know you're fit to drop!!! :)

junglejim
12-08-2011, 09:06
Now that youīve been checked out and given a clean bill of health , Max C will be contacting you !!- Be Afraid !!

TOTO 99
12-08-2011, 10:06
It's a legal requirement now, Henry.

Doesn't matter what your job is.

Even entertainment agencies now have to send their acts for one, and you know how unfit most of us are...Frightening....;)

Is that true Slodgie? What happens to the unfit ones? Is it the dole queue until they're fit enough? Bernard Manning would have struggled to get a gig if that was the case....They'll be moving the job centre into the nearest gym next..:punchbag:

MaxineC
12-08-2011, 12:51
Now that youīve been checked out and given a clean bill of health , Max C will be contacting you !!- Be Afraid !!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Balcony
12-08-2011, 13:44
Its the health and safety and safety creep, plus no doubt insurance requirements