PDA

View Full Version : Who uses Facebook?

wen53
12-08-2011, 00:30
Was just wondering how many people on here use facebook on a regular basis?
I am often on there catching up on gossip! Maybe I just like to nosey at what people put, some of which can be utter drivel.

Anyone fancy adding me? https://www.facebook.com/Wen53

Photos of my recent holiday in Tenerife are on there (you need to be my 'friend' to view them)

wen53
14-08-2011, 23:47
so that'll be no-one then :dontknow:

karinagal
15-08-2011, 00:08
Can't get the page to load...

---
- Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Andy0210
15-08-2011, 00:44
Meeeeeeeeeeeeee but i canīt add you again! ;)

matt100
15-08-2011, 00:50
I have sent you a request :wave:

obs
15-08-2011, 00:58

Too much information !!! :nono:

wen53
15-08-2011, 01:05
accepted :wave:

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee but i canīt add you again! ;)
what's your facebook link, I'll try to add you instead.

longtallalice
15-08-2011, 01:10
me all the time , see you are local to me in hudds but am actually moving to tenerife today yahoooo will frend request you :)

9PLUS
15-08-2011, 01:11
I've Blocked you..........................dear

cheers

x

wen53
15-08-2011, 01:14
I've Blocked you..........................dear

cheers

x
Have no idea who you are........................................dear

cheers

x

Andy0210
15-08-2011, 01:19
what's your facebook link, I'll try to add you instead.

You Muppet we are already facebook friends! :crazy:

wen53
15-08-2011, 01:27
oh! lol, what a muppet!!! ha ha ha! Are we?

Think I was blonde in a previous life!!

Andy0210
15-08-2011, 01:36
Ha ha, no actually we arenīt i just clicked your facebook link and i donīt know you, i thought you was someone else. (hangs head in shame)

My humblest apologies for calling you a muppet random stranger. ;)

wen53
15-08-2011, 01:42
ha ha ha!! that's ok, you are right though, I am sometimes a complete muppet.

Thought I couldn't find you in my friends list, lol!

Ed3229
15-08-2011, 07:31
Request sent :wave:

Balcony
15-08-2011, 16:31
On Facebook, but spend half the time 'hiding' posts from friends!

Sal
15-08-2011, 20:47
Yes! I'm on FB too! Have just sent friend request.

Here I am:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174763069

Chris P. Bacon
15-08-2011, 21:03
Yes! I'm on FB too! Have just sent friend request.

Here I am:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174763069

I can never understand those that befriend people they do not know

Sal
15-08-2011, 21:06
I can never understand those that befriend people they do not know

It's a good way of meeting new people, much the same as on the forum here. We have made online friends whom we have subsequently met up with in Tenerife and lasting friendships have come about.

Not for everyone, I know, but I have met some lovely people from just chatting on the net first.

Chris P. Bacon
15-08-2011, 21:22
It's a good way of meeting new people, much the same as on the forum here. We have made online friends whom we have subsequently met up with in Tenerife and lasting friendships have come about.

Not for everyone, I know, but I have met some lovely people from just chatting on the net first.

That's interesting as so many people are quick to poo poo internet dating....

Sal
15-08-2011, 21:28
That's interesting as so many people are quick to poo poo internet dating....

I think there's a bit of a difference between "dating" and just meeting with people you already get on well with online! We met up with some new friends from the forum this year and hope we will see them again in the future. The biggest thing we have in common is our love of Tenerife!

slodgedad
15-08-2011, 21:29

Not for everyone, I know, but I have met some lovely people from just chatting on the net first.The difference is you are not sharing your life and friends with people on the Forum as you do with Foney Brethren

karinagal
15-08-2011, 22:01
Can't get the page to load...

---
- Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Got it now - friend request on its way!

9PLUS
16-08-2011, 02:34
If you feel like blocking a few pages on Facebook please start with this one

cheers

x

http://www.facebook.com/mark.fradley#!/pages/Mark-Fradley/205874036136077?sk=wall

MaxineC
16-08-2011, 11:11
If you feel like blocking a few pages on Facebook please start with this one

cheers

x

http://www.facebook.com/mark.fradley#!/pages/Mark-Fradley/205874036136077?sk=wall

Done... :D

9PLUS
16-08-2011, 11:28
Thanks as you can clearly see the new anti-riffraff software really does work

cheers

x

Ed3229
21-08-2011, 08:23
This is me..........https://www.facebook.com/ed.piercyjones

Feel free to add me :tiphat:

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 12:31
Done... :D

Well I'm glad you understood what all that meant ??? :)

Suej
21-08-2011, 13:02
Not on Facebook or twitter or any other Forums except this one! I did join another one but got banned soon after joining!:cry::crying2:

:crylaughing:

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 13:06
I'm about to have a major cull on my facebook page... Tired of some so called friends using everything I say to twist it round, repost it elsewhere and generally try to make my life difficult.

What a shame they can't just get a life of their own, and leave mine alone... I must be very special for them to have this obsession with everything I say and do! :wall:

Suej
21-08-2011, 13:16
I'm about to have a major cull on my facebook page... Tired of some so called friends using everything I say to twist it round, repost it elsewhere and generally try to make my life difficult.

What a shame they can't just get a life of their own, and leave mine alone... I must be very special for them to have this obsession with everything I say and do! :wall:

Its the big "J" thing Max! While they are having a pop at you they are leaving someone else alone I suppose...no consolation to you though!:sorry: I doubt you would be friends with most of these people in real life anyway.

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 13:29
Some people only seem to be happy when making others miserable... If only they put as much effort into their own lives, they would be much more fulfilled and wouldn't need to behave in such an unpleasant way... They should be pitied!

pablo1
21-08-2011, 14:38

Could you leave me in your list please as I get very insecure when deleted. Thanks. :-) x

tonythorne
21-08-2011, 15:58
I use it more and more now ... to promote all my Kindle ebooks and the paperbacks versions too... www.tonythorne.com

best wishes from Tony

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 16:35
Could you leave me in your list please as I get very insecure when deleted. Thanks. :-) x

I'll think about it... :whistle:

9PLUS
21-08-2011, 16:36
This guy seems to be a nice bloke Mark Fradley (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Fradley-Photography-Tenerife-Canary-Islands-Spain/205874036136077?ref=ts)

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 16:41
This guy seems to be a nice bloke Mark Fradley (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Fradley-Photography-Tenerife-Canary-Islands-Spain/205874036136077?ref=ts)

Don't be fooled by him, he's very weird.... going to delete him too! :crazy:

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 19:15
Not on Facebook or twitter or any other Forums except this one! I did join another one but got banned soon after joining!:cry::crying2:

:crylaughing:

That's funny - 'cos I joined one too and got banned soon after ???

I don't get this Tweet Twitter thing!!! :)

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 19:56
That's funny - 'cos I joined one too and got banned soon after ???

I LOVE Twitter, but it takes a while to get used to... it depends who you follow, but stick with it, it's well worth it!

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 20:03
I LOVE Twitter, but it takes a while to get used to... it depends who you follow, but stick with it, it's well worth it!

Suggest someone for me to follow and I'll give it a try, but as long as it isn't someone who got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, went to work, came home, watched tv and then went to bed!! 'Cos that's too much like my life!!!! :)

Suej
21-08-2011, 20:05
]That's funny - 'cos I joined one too and got banned soon after ???
[/B]

Maybe we both had too many infections!:vomit:

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 20:11
Maybe we both had too many infections!:vomit:

I think it was our sense of humour - too hot to handle ;)

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 20:21
Suggest someone for me to follow and I'll give it a try, but as long as it isn't someone who got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, went to work, came home, watched tv and then went to bed!! 'Cos that's too much like my life!!!! :)

Pahahaha, I don't understand those people either, or the ones that always post pics of what they're eating... very weird! :crazy: Alan Sugar is very amusing, and his banter with Piers Morgan can get very heated... Also, some of the spoof accounts; Diana in Heaven (who spookily enough is always first with news of 'celebrity deaths', usually a good hour or so before it hits news stations :eek:), fake Fabio Capello - but not for the feint-hearted, he really can be quite sick :v3: Catbin lady, My Gran.... the list is endless...

Suej
21-08-2011, 20:55
Pahahaha, I don't understand those people either, or the ones that always post pics of what they're eating... very weird! :crazy: Alan Sugar is very amusing, and his banter with Piers Morgan can get very heated... Also, some of the spoof accounts; Diana in Heaven (who spookily enough is always first with news of 'celebrity deaths', usually a good hour or so before it hits news stations :eek:), fake Fabio Capello - but not for the feint-hearted, he really can be quite sick :v3: Catbin lady, My Gran.... the list is endless...

LOL! nearly spat my dinner out! I ainīt got time to take pics of what Iīm eating!!! What the hellīs that all about?:laugh:

marbro8
21-08-2011, 21:39
my wife said she would devorce me if i went on lol because she said it is like an on line knocking shop:D, and there is so much trouble caused on there it is untrue, my niece and nephews are evidence of that:nono:

9PLUS
21-08-2011, 21:45
Just trying out this new username

https://www.facebook.com/MFradley

tonypub
21-08-2011, 21:50
my wife said she would devorce me if i went on lol because she said it is like an on line knocking shop:D, and there is so much trouble caused on there it is untrue, my niece and nephews are evidence of that:nono:i take it she watches jeremy kyle?

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 22:03
Suej - what's all this, with this Fradley chap ???

9PLUS
21-08-2011, 22:06
Was just wondering how many people on here use facebook on a regular basis?
I am often on there catching up on gossip! Maybe I just like to nosey at what people put, some of which can be utter drivel.

Anyone fancy adding me? https://www.facebook.com/Wen53

Photos of my recent holiday in Tenerife are on there (you need to be my 'friend' to view them)

Who uses Facebook?

marbro8
21-08-2011, 22:08
i take it she watches jeremy kyle?lol no i don't think she has seen an episode? but you hear so many stories of friends meeting someone else on facebook:(

Suej
21-08-2011, 22:10
Suej - what's all this, with this Fradley chap ???

Didnīt he try and do away with Rita in Corrie? or was that Bradley? :dontknow:

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 22:11
lol no i don't think she has seen an episode? but you hear so many stories of friends meeting someone else on facebook:(

I think you're right Marbro8 - people get a bit bored, then start having a search and then Bob's your Uncle!!! :)

marbro8
21-08-2011, 22:12
Didnīt he try and do away with Rita in Corrie? or was that Bradley? :dontknow:ye allan bradley:crylaughing:

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 22:12
Didnīt he try and do away with Rita in Corrie? or was that Bradley? :dontknow:

You tell me - you 'thanked' 9 Plus, so you must know what he's on about !!! :D And you are the font of all knowledge, just ask Cainaries!!! :bowdown:

marbro8
21-08-2011, 22:16
I think you're right Marbro8 - people get a bit bored, then start having a search and then Bob's your Uncle!!! :)yep it happened with our best friends, so happily married, we are asked to be god parents to their youngest, he joins facebook bang:confused: he's off with some younger tart with 2 kids by different dads:confused:(not the baby by the way lol the dad)

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 22:21
yep it happened with our best friends, so happily married, we are asked to be god parents to their youngest, he joins facebook bang:confused: he's off with some younger tart with 2 kids by different dads:confused:

Sorry to hear that and always very sad when children are involved. :(

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 23:27
Jeez, why haven't I met some sexy bloke on facebook.... :( Have managed to catch up with some friends I haven't seen & lost touch with many, many years ago..... The good side to it! :D

Suej
22-08-2011, 10:05
yep it happened with our best friends, so happily married, we are asked to be god parents to their youngest, he joins facebook bang:confused: he's off with some younger tart with 2 kids by different dads:confused:(not the baby by the way lol the dad)

OMG thatīs gross! what I donīt understand is how so many people get so much time...I really must try and get myself out of bed in the morning Iīm missing so much!:whistle:

Sundowner
22-08-2011, 10:17
I have never used either facebook or twitter, but must admit I was getting interested, that was until I had an invite from one of my friends to join facebook, included in the invite was a postscript which said "other people you may know on facebook" they listed 6 of my friends with photo's and to my certain knowledge these friends do not know each other! So how did facebook know they were my friends..........I found it spooky:confused: and decided they already had too much information about me as a non member,so declined the invite.

Suej
22-08-2011, 10:27
I have never used either facebook or twitter, but must admit I was getting interested, that was until I had an invite from one of my friends to join facebook, included in the invite was a postscript which said "other people you may know on facebook" they listed 6 of my friends with photo's and to my certain knowledge these friends do not know each other! So how did facebook know they were my friends..........I found it spooky:confused: and decided they already had too much information about me as a non member,so declined the invite.

That also happened to me with Facebook and I put a post on here about it at the time, approx every couple of months I would get an email of a rogues gallery of pics of people who were supposed to be friends of mine inviting me to join? some I knew from the pics and would never call them friends...I sent Facebook a message asking how they got my email address and to remove it, they did and I never heard anymore! I felt it was a intrusion of my privacy and also thought it a bit spooky!eek2: