PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Footballers to go on strike

Chayofa Tete
12-08-2011, 07:55
I have just read that they have voted to strike for the first two league games (1st and 2nd divisions) unless their demands are met.This appears to relate to the practice of wages in arrears for many months at a time or indeed non payment of wages.I wonder if it is a bluff or will they go through with it if their demands are not met??

Fred Perry
12-08-2011, 09:56
A strike by the players is threatened every 6 months or so, be very suprised if it goes ahead. This time around about 200 players are owed 50 million€ in wages.
They should sort out the crazy gap in the tv money then should´nt they? Barca & Madrid recieve 200 million€ each from the league(plus alot more for Champs League etc) and the majority 12-15 million€! No parachute money in La Liga either for relegated teams.

It does not affect our league in 2nd B.

bonitatime
12-08-2011, 10:28
Perhaps there are advantages to being in 2b
I have been looking for some for a while.
Not sure as Chris says that it will go ahead. They threaten regularly but nothing happens although last time around I think it was the clubs going on strike not the players and this was declared unlawful to force this as some of the clubs led by sevilla and villarreal didn't want to.
I can understand the players wanting to be payed but most of them were payed at the end of the season last year as the federation were clear that they would descend teams who had cases outstanding on the 30th of July.