PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way of finding somewhere to live in Tenerife?

wellzstella
05-06-2011, 18:25
Whats the best way of finding somewhere to live in Tenerife. Me and my partner are going over to visit for a week on the 24th of June and would like to move over permanently soon after. Can anyone help? Ta

warbey
05-06-2011, 18:49
Welcome to the Forum.

You would be best listing what facilities are important.
Is there a School
Where do You work, (or want to)
Flat/Apartment/House.... and what is available fitting those critiria,
also Price and Garage space or Parking..
Another possible consideration is there a Bus Service..?
Best of Luck....

P.S. One Week would be far too short for Me. There's a lot to see..

marbro8
05-06-2011, 19:01
you could also pm a couple of members on here, c.i.m and young golfer, they sell property for a living in tenerife and i have met them both, and they are nice guys and i am sure they will help you out with good advice because all the info that warbey has highlighted has probably already been reserched by these guys, and if they have all the info you need then maybe a week will be long enough:lol

YOUNG GOLFER
05-06-2011, 19:13
Whats the best way of finding somewhere to live in Tenerife. Me and my partner are going over to visit for a week on the 24th of June and would like to move over permanently soon after. Can anyone help? Ta

Well i think for now use this thread to ask members on here some questions.
But for now heres a few questions i feel are very important to ask.

Will you be needing to find work.?
Are you looking to rent or buy?
Will you have your own transport?
Where would you both like to live in or out of resort?
What sort of budget do you have?

There are some very nice members on here who will be more than willing to help so fire away.

wellzstella
05-06-2011, 19:34
The 1 week is just to come out and see if we can find some work and have a look for somewhere to live (renting) we would be wanting to live in or around Costa Adeje and we would be using public transport to get around. How much roughly is the rent on somewhere to stay? Just somewhere small would be fine

YOUNG GOLFER
05-06-2011, 19:41
The 1 week is just to come out and see if we can find some work and have a look for somewhere to live (renting) we would be wanting to live in or around Costa Adeje and we would be using public transport to get around. How much roughly is the rent on somewhere to stay? Just somewhere small would be fine

Well if it's only a small property then you could be lucky enough to find a Studio for around 350€(a month)
As for work i don't want to put a downer on your thoughts of finding a job....but got a feeling a week will not be long enough.

But if you dont try i guess you won't know for sure.

Good luck.

CIM
05-06-2011, 20:15
If you have a lump of cash you dont mind burning through then come over and give it a go. Jobs are thin on the ground though and most of the jobs on offer are poorly paid and temporary. Biggest mistakes I see new arrivals make is spending way too much on rent. Find the cheapest place you can that's near a main bus route. Then take it from there.
If after a month or so, nothings happening for you, then you can head back without too much money lost or have a month relaxing and enjoy the place - then head back.