PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any dealings with 'bookmeanhotels.com'?

emskie
12-08-2011, 15:11
I have just had some customers who have booked 2 nights in Club Atlantis with this company, however when they have gone to check in there is no record of the booking.

They have treid to call the number on the website and have emailed, but nothing.

Has anyone had dealing with this company or know if it is a scam??

Yorkshire Remixer
12-08-2011, 17:21
www.bookmeanhotels.com?

need to be more specific on the source, website? shop? thanks.

Vortex Wake
12-08-2011, 19:49
www.bookmeanhotels.com?

need to be more specific on the source, website? shop? thanks.

I guess that's a 'no' then .

slodgedad
12-08-2011, 19:56
I have just had some customers who have booked 2 nights in Club Atlantis with this company, however when they have gone to check in there is no record of the booking.

They have treid to call the number on the website and have emailed, but nothing.

I have tried googling the site mentioned in your thread title with no luck.

What is the website you refer to?

primrose
12-08-2011, 20:10
I have tried googling the site mentioned in your thread title with no luck.

What is the website you refer to?

www.bookmeanhotels,com, If you try the phone number an American woman says the number does not exist or has not been allocated. If you read the home page it says they require payment up front by credit card.

slodgedad
12-08-2011, 20:15
www.bookmeanhotels,com, If you try the phone number an American woman says the number does not exist or has not been allocated. If you read the home page it says they require payment up front by credit card.Thanks, P.

I'll amend the thread title, it may ring some bells.

primrose
12-08-2011, 20:29
Thanks, P.

I'll amend the thread title, it may ring some bells.

Need to put www.bookmeanhotels.com/login.or it comes up page not found.It comes up on Google as My Reservations

MJGREEF
12-08-2011, 20:32
All links to this website came up as a security risk "Suspicious Behavior" Not very good English "Book Me An Hotels"??

Here's a link which may be of help to someone.

http://whois.domaintools.com/bookmeanhotels.com

slodgedad
12-08-2011, 20:37
Need to put www.bookmeanhotels.com/login.or it comes up page not found.It comes up on Google as My ReservationsI realize that but I couldn't put a web address in the thread title, so I put in as much as I could get away with..

Vortex Wake
12-08-2011, 21:24
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=61646

CIM
12-08-2011, 21:27
The site was only set up a month ago... I would be calling the credit card company at this point...

MaxineC
12-08-2011, 23:59
www.bookmeanhotels,com, If you try the phone number an American woman says the number does not exist or has not been allocated. If you read the home page it says they require payment up front by credit card.

Any website that uses such bad English would raise my suspicions.... 'Book me an hotel' ???

KirstyJay
13-08-2011, 01:06
Actually, 'an' hotel is grammatically correct... however so is 'a' hotel these days...

http://www.englishforums.com/English/AHotelAnHotel/vrb/post.htm

and....

"A" is used before words beginning with consonants; "an", before words beginning with vowels. This is determined by sound, not spelling ("a history", "an hour", "a unit", "a European", "a one"). Formerly, "an" was usual before unaccented syllables beginning with "h" ("an historian", "an hotel"); these are "now obsolescent" in British English (Collins English Dictionary), although "an historian" is retained in more dialects than "an hotel".

Before abbreviations, the choice of "a"/"an" depends on how the abbreviation is pronounced: "a NATO spokesman" (because "NATO" is pronounced /'neItoU/); "an NBC spokesman" (because "NBC" is pronounced /Enbi:'si:/) "a NY spokesman" (because "NY" is read as "New York (state)").

A problem: how can a foreigner *tell* whether a particular abbreviation is pronounced as a word or not? Two non-foolproof guidelines:

(1) It's more likely to be an acronym if it *looks* as if it could be an English word. "NATO" and "scuba" do; "UCLA" and "NAACP" don't.

(2) It's more likely to be an acronym if it's a *long* sequence of letters. "US" is short; "EBCDIC" is too bloody long to say as "E-B-C-D-I-C". (But of course, abbreviations that can be broken down into groups, like "TCP/IP" and "AFL-CIO", are spelled out because the groups are short enough.)

Is it "a FAQ" or "an FAQ"? These days, probably the former, although some of us do say "an F-A-Q".

source (http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxaanbef.html)

MJGREEF
13-08-2011, 03:05
The Site Says "An Hotels" more than one or even plural not An Hotel! Either way anyone who has been ripped of by these people will probably find the grammar lesson very helpful Not!! No wonder people hesitate to ask for help on this forum!!

TheBloke
13-08-2011, 03:58
Calm down dear....I think the responses have been very helpful so far.

Loaded
13-08-2011, 08:23
Ha ha I read the URL as "book mean hotel"!

Weird how minds read things differently : what does this say: thepenisinhermouth ?

tizzywizzy
13-08-2011, 08:31
Ha ha I read the URL as "book mean hotel"!

Weird how minds read things differently : what does this say: thepenisinhermouth ?

:rofl:..................

emskie
13-08-2011, 09:59
thanks everyone, I have rebooked the customers elsewhere which wasnt an easy task yesterday as everywhere is so full from the concert.

I know the lady is a forum member so i am sure she will be looking at this, although i dont think she will be able to get her money back as it was paid by debit card:(

KirstyJay
13-08-2011, 12:48
The Site Says "An Hotels" more than one or even plural not An Hotel! Either way anyone who has been ripped of by these people will probably find the grammar lesson very helpful Not!! No wonder people hesitate to ask for help on this forum!!
As I was speaking directly to my mate, not you, I expected her to get the tone of the reply.... it was not a grammar lesson, just an observation. As an English teacher, which she knows I am, it's in my nature to be inquisitive about the language and its grammar.

You seem to have a lot of pent up aggression that you are directing at me for no reason whatsoever. I think you need to calm down :)

Ha ha I read the URL as "book mean hotel"!Yeah, so did I! :D That does not give a good first impression, does it.

MaxineC
13-08-2011, 12:58

Absolutely, they may get a response from you...! I took Kirsty's post with the humour it was intended, pity you didn't! :rolleyes:

KirstyJay
13-08-2011, 13:01
Absolutely, they may get a response from you...! I took Kirsty's post with the humour it was intended, pity you didn't! :rolleyes:Thanks, I'm glad... I was beginning to wonder after that reply! :eek:

:o

marbro8
13-08-2011, 13:19
thanks everyone, I have rebooked the customers elsewhere which wasnt an easy task yesterday as everywhere is so full from the concert.

I know the lady is a forum member so i am sure she will be looking at this, although i dont think she will be able to get her money back as it was paid by debit card:(you are also covered by your debit card, i didn't know this untill a few weeks ago when i purchased one of those ab circle pro's from a scammer, so went onto a forum and was told that under some law i could claim the money back from my bank, sure enough i contacted them and within a few weeks they paid the money back into my account and said they would try claiming it back from the account it was paid into;)

tizzywizzy
13-08-2011, 19:06
you are also covered by your debit card, i didn't know this untill a few weeks ago when i purchased one of those ab circle pro's from a scammer, so went onto a forum and was told that under some law i could claim the money back from my bank, sure enough i contacted them and within a few weeks they paid the money back into my account and said they would try claiming it back from the account it was paid into;)

It is worth them contacting their bank as i also think you should be able to get the money paid back

marbro8
13-08-2011, 19:19
It is worth them contacting their bank as i also think you should be able to get the money paid backyes i think it is, i was just going to put mine down to experience untill i found out that you are also covered for being ripped off on your debit card(to a certain extent) all i had to do was quote the particular law it comes under,they could look it up on the internet, and the bank sent me some forms to fill in about the details and about 2 weeks later the £75 was put back into my account, at the end of the day it is worth a try they can only say no;)

MJGREEF
13-08-2011, 19:54
As I was speaking directly to my mate, not you, I expected her to get the tone of the reply.... it was not a grammar lesson, just an observation. As an English teacher, which she knows I am, it's in my nature to be inquisitive about the language and its grammar.

You seem to have a lot of pent up aggression that you are directing at me for no reason whatsoever. I think you need to calm down :)

Yeah, so did I! :D That does not give a good first impression, does it.

No aggression just pointing out the fact that the original post was asking for information and the post was not of help if we post on any forum we do actually speak to all who reads it,if I wanted to talk directly to my mate I would perhaps do it a different way there are lots of them these days.:)

Yorkshire Remixer
14-08-2011, 16:28
I guess that's a 'no' then .

so ur post count just went up by 1 for what reason????
i was only asking so i could help out...

Castillodesseau
15-09-2011, 19:37
Hello,

We had the same situation during this august: we reserved by Internet on the site "bookmeahotel" for two nights (hotel) and when we went at the place of holidays, the hotel said that he had no reservations for us, someone cancelled...

Question: How we can have the money back ?

Thanks for your answers :cry:

Chris

jlaherty
07-11-2011, 00:32

Yes, sorry to confirm but it is a racket. I was stiffed some AUD1180 by these mongrels. The website is still up and running! There's another four asociated sites too - check scamwarners.com

Added after 3 minutes:

Hello,

We had the same situation during this august: we reserved by Internet on the site "bookmeahotel" for two nights (hotel) and when we went at the place of holidays, the hotel said that he had no reservations for us, someone cancelled...

Question: How we can have the money back ?

Thanks for your answers :cry:

Chris

Inform your card issuer and have the transaction disputed.