PDA

View Full Version : Hotel workers get benefit assurance

slodgedad
13-08-2011, 12:26
Puerto de la Cruz - 12.08.2011

Almost 60 staff at the troubled Atalaya Hotel in Puerto de la Cruz have been given assurances that everything possible will be done to allow them to claim unemployment benefit after six months without their wages.

- The employees have been left in legal limbo since the hotel closed its doors due to financial difficulties. Since they have not been dismissed formally, they lack the required paperwork to be able to apply for benefit but senior Department of Labour officials said yesterday that priority would be given to remedying their situation while their legal battle with the hotel owners drags on.

Source (http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/33914/daily-news-article.html)

Jimandsi
13-08-2011, 12:32
I'm sure they'll soon find alternative employment - apparently Tenerife is chocabloc with holidaymakers at the moment !

bonitatime
13-08-2011, 16:04
Their difficulty for jobs is they are in Puerto de La Cruz and most visitors are in the south.

I am pleased something is being worked out. Most of these staff will be pre-retiremnet age if hotel staff in the north generally is anything to go by. Not making it any easier for them to find a job.

obs
04-02-2012, 00:05
That just about says it all !!!

Sorry bonitatime, the spam between your post and mine has been removed. My post does not refer to your post. :)