PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for reasonably priced restaurants in Los Cristianos, Tenerife

scher
13-08-2011, 14:48
Family (4 adults and 2 kids) will be visiting Los Cristianos again soon. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant which will not break the bank .

sunspot
13-08-2011, 15:38
Hi scher, try pimms,the food is fantastic and you can get a 3 course for 8.50
http://www.pimmsbar.com/

gillybeans
14-08-2011, 18:19
Where is Pimms located? Any more suggestions for similar restuarants?

onelegnofeet
14-08-2011, 18:34
Family (4 adults and 2 kids) will be visiting Los Cristianos again soon. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant which will not break the bank .

The Olive garden ,great food but basic in looks .Sited near the Cristimar under Oasis Moreque apts on the seafront walk way

marbro8
14-08-2011, 19:30
The Olive garden ,great food but basic in looks .Sited near the Cristimar under Oasis Moreque apts on the seafront walk waygood call olnf, the indian curry nights are as good if not better than an indian restaurant, they have some specials on every night i have tried the homemade burger and the fish and chips all excellent , also try the pie at desperate dans with either mash or chips, 2 for 12 euros, also all the bars on the el mirador strip do good meals for about 7 euros on average, the roast house in los cris harbour do an all you can eat carvery for about 8-9 euros ,the devon arm in los cris was mentioned the other night pie mash and separate veg ie cabbage peas and carrots 5 euros!!:yum:

sunspot
14-08-2011, 19:48
Where is Pimms located? Any more suggestions for similar restuarants?

Quoted by Ecky thump
Walking along the sea front from the Los Christianos Market towards the Harbor, it is just before the children's play area, or just below the Irish Times Bar, the walk from the Market takes about five minutes.

e85
22-08-2011, 00:38
san telmo has a wide range of restaurants and they are fairly priced..i.e piccolos, watermelon,sama sama and great atmospheres too!

peaches2012
05-09-2012, 17:00
Can anyone recommend spanish eateries in los cristianos and surrounding areas? Somewhere with traditional decor etc!

Thanks

junglejim
05-09-2012, 17:30
Can anyone recommend spanish eateries in los cristianos and surrounding areas? Somewhere with traditional decor etc!

Thanks
There is a typical Spanish Eatery just as you go into Los Cristianos Old town ,by the Garage -always busy called Restaurante Raymond

http://maps.google.es/maps?q=los+cristianos&hl=es&ll=28.052562,-16.716106&spn=0.004687,0.010568&sll=28.499581,-16.231479&sspn=0.156592,0.338173&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Santa+Cruz+de+Tenerif e,+Islas+Canarias&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=28.052592,-16.71604&panoid=tGHincYk8SgiI9f8-GsCcQ&cbp=12,322.4,,0,6.29

peaches2012
05-09-2012, 17:51
Thanks junglejim,

I'll have a look at that I've also found Tasca with good recommendations on trip advisor, do you know that one?

CaribeCelt
07-09-2012, 22:40

Thanks

I always go to Bar Nuestro in Los Cristianos.
The Carne de Cabra dish is lush...never had a bad meal in the place.

marbro8
07-09-2012, 22:57
also try bars like taylors lounge, manhattan bar,shambles and harvey's on the el mirador strip, just down the road towards the front you have desperate dans with a lovely pie, on san telmo which is only a 15 min walk from los cris on the way to las americas you have the players lounge, north and south and somewhere we have never tried but has been recommended to me this week the chill out bar just by the entrance to the tunnel, also the roast house for carvery because the plates they give you are the size of car hub caps lol, and if you want to venture further next to the compostella beach hotel you have the rovers return and surfer's, all these bars you can get a main meal for 10 euros and less:wink:

carpenter
08-09-2012, 01:03

Thanks

To combine the OP and this one :)

For me it's all same old same old and I look for something slightly different. Personally I wouldn't entertain any "get ya fish en chips ere" or pie and pint, watch ya favourite teams on telly but that just me. There's a Tasca on every corner so which one do you mean? (ref post 10)

I love the sushi selection at the Mongolian restaurant on the mirador strip. For about €14 you will have an amazing selection of all the sushi dishes. Enough to fill a big hole and very appetising. But not Spanish!

As far as the Spanish eateries, get out of town. It's well worth a taxi trip to the surrounding villages. What you spend on taxi fare you'll probably save on the food bill. These places are to die for and you will not find anything like them in Los Cris IMHO.

What you need to do is go into a restaurant and ask for a menu that's written in English, if they don't have one stay :)

slodgedad
08-09-2012, 01:13

For me it's all same old same old and I look for something slightly different. Personally I wouldn't entertain any "get ya fish en chips ere" or pie and pint, watch ya favourite teams on telly but that just me. There's a Tasca on every corner so which one do you mean?

I love the sushi selection at the Mongolian restaurant on the mirador strip. For about €14 you will have an amazing selection of all the sushi dishes. Enough to fill a big hole and very appetising. But not Spanish!

As far as the Spanish eateries, get out of town. It's well worth a taxi trip to the surrounding villages. What you spend on taxi fare you'll probably save on the food bill. These places are to die for and you will not find anything like them in Los Cris IMHO.

What you need to do is go into a restaurant and ask for a menu that's written in English, if they don't have one stay :)

I mostly eat in Spanish restaurants but sometimes you fancy fish and chips, a pie or something British.

You can't tell me that Spanish visitors to the UK don't hanker for Spanish food sometimes.

carpenter
08-09-2012, 01:16
I mostly eat in Spanish restaurants but sometimes you fancy fish and chips, a pie or something British.

You can't tell me that Spanish visitors to the UK don't hanker for Spanish food sometimes.

what???...........................

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I did say that's just me! and peaches was asking for a Spanish restaurant.

peaches2012
08-09-2012, 08:57
:lol: Slodgedad

Spoken like a true brit :wink2:

Ur so right overseas visitors always want there own food but I never eat fish and chips abroad cos they just don't taste the same. Sometimes here in London I just crave fish and chips and I will travel quite a distance to my favourite chippy, otherwise I would go without!

For me it's all same old same old and I look for something slightly different. Personally I wouldn't entertain any "get ya fish en chips ere" or pie and pint, watch ya favourite teams on telly but that just me. There's a Tasca on every corner so which one do you mean? (ref post 10)

Thanks for the tips, we are going to hire a car so we shall explore and then I'll pop back on here with any recommendations I have. I always go with the rule of thumb.........if locals eat there then it's certainly worth a go

Thanks,

I was referring to Tasca casa paco iv heard good things about it!!

CaribeCelt
08-09-2012, 10:41
also try bars like taylors lounge, manhattan bar,shambles and harvey's on the el mirador strip, just down the road towards the front you have desperate dans with a lovely pie, on san telmo which is only a 15 min walk from los cris on the way to las americas you have the players lounge, north and south and somewhere we have never tried but has been recommended to me this week the chill out bar just by the entrance to the tunnel, also the roast house for carvery because the plates they give you are the size of car hub caps lol, and if you want to venture further next to the compostella beach hotel you have the rovers return and surfer's, all these bars you can get a main meal for 10 euros and less:wink:

I went to the Chill Out restaurant and the food was delicious.
I got chicken soup for starters,which was absolutely delicious,and the Sea bass for a main course was also great.
The waiter took the Sea bass down on a big mound of sea salt with flames and took all the bones out....definetly worth a visit.

DeedeeTipperary
08-09-2012, 11:00
I went to the Chill Out restaurant and the food was delicious.
I got chicken soup for starters,which was absolutely delicious,and the Sea bass for a main course was also great.
The waiter took the Sea bass down on a big mound of sea salt with flames and took all the bones out....definetly worth a visit.

We ate there three nights during our recent trip and thought it was a great restaurant :) My personal favourite was the Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce ( satay ) , it was the most deliciously tasty melt in the mouth dish ever !! The side dish of vegetables and fried garlic potatoes were yummy . The presentation and choice of dishes are fantastic , and all the staff are excellent , polite , friendly and could not do enough for you . Hope to visit there again on our next trip

fionaeliotjones
16-09-2012, 16:56
Hi Peaches,

El Parral Los Cristianos is a Spanish Bodega the food there is to die for. I have eaten there several times, the quality of food and service never vary, well worth a visit

Suej
16-09-2012, 18:03
Kiki Riki's is nice! at the side of the Apolo centre Los Cris!:wink:

slodgedad
17-09-2012, 01:41
Hi Peaches,

El Parral Los Cristianos is a Spanish Bodega the food there is to die for. I have eaten there several times, the quality of food and service never vary, well worth a visit

Where abouts is El Parral?

Ricman
17-09-2012, 15:48
Get a bus from Los Cris to Parque del Reina. Go to the Jupiter ( aka The Tent, by the Irish ) restaurant have a souperb 3 course meal for all four. Total cost around 19 euros including the bus fare.

fionaeliotjones
20-09-2012, 20:11
Where abouts is El Parral?

It's on the same side of the road as the Bus Station in Los Cris. Walk straight down as if you were heading for the beach,there used to be a sex shop, Mini market and a Chinese restaurant on the same block when i last went, think the sex shop has gone now

marbro8
20-09-2012, 21:00
It's on the same side of the road as the Bus Station in Los Cris. Walk straight down as if you were heading for the beach,there used to be a sex shop, Mini market and a Chinese restaurant on the same block when i last went, think the sex shop has gone nowthe sex shop has gone:wow: typical;)

Angusjim
08-03-2015, 09:10
We are coming over 23rd and we are a bit tight on spending money can anyone recommend restaurants where there are very good special menus at around 7 euros for 2 courses per person.:tiphat:

macdonald5
08-03-2015, 09:15
We are coming over 23rd and we are a bit tight on spending money can anyone recommend restaurants where there are very good special menus at around 7 euros for 2 courses per person.:tiphat:

Fortuna Nova (down from Andreas Hotel) does a decent 3course for €7.95 before 7pm and €9.95 later
Us puir canny fellow Scots have been there !! And if you can stretch to a wee dram the house vino is very reasonable
Or how about The Willows ( in ApolloCentre) Mark who had Casa Tres owns and does more than you can eat Tapas Taster meal for about €11 ( only about 15 different plates) !!

TOTO 99
08-03-2015, 09:19
Fortuna Nova (down from Andreas Hotel) does a decent 3course for €7.95 before 7pm and €9.95 later
Us puir canny fellow Scots have been there !! And if you can stretch to a wee dram the house vino is very reasonable

I've been there and can recommend it as far as value for money goes.....

It's the Fortuna but for poor / tight people..:laugh:

Angusjim
08-03-2015, 09:23
I've been there and can recommend it as far as value for money goes.....

It's the Fortuna but for poor / tight people..:laugh:

Its OK for you to laugh but when you are on a budget every little helps don't think there is any need to mock people who are not as well off as yourself:(

TOTO 99
08-03-2015, 09:46
Its OK for you to laugh but when you are on a budget every little helps don't think there is any need to mock people who are not as well off as yourself:(

Apology accepted....

By the way, if you look at my two catergories I was covering both of us......:laugh:

Angusjim
08-03-2015, 10:11
I should add that any info on 1 euro ( or less ) a pint watering holes would also be welcome :tiphat:

essexeddie
08-03-2015, 14:40
Destino by the children's play are on the front is good. Three course meal with a beer or wine for 8.50€ . steaks are excellent

languagefan
08-03-2015, 17:25
Check this thread:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?37401-GREAT-FOOD-GOOD-VALUE-for-money!&p=451125#post451125

Ecky Thump
08-03-2015, 19:32

Are you sure that you haven't made a typing mistake, didn't you mean to put a
"meal for four for around €7",
plus of course a free drink at the end of the meal.:laugh:

Angusjim
09-03-2015, 11:22
Are you sure that you haven't made a typing mistake, didn't you mean to put a
"meal for four for around €7",
plus of course a free drink at the end of the meal.:laugh:

Youve taken that too far:laugh:

Ecky Thump
09-03-2015, 16:33
The Mercado La Pepa food market on top of the Passarela shopping precinct is certainly worth visiting for either a full meal or a quick snack and offers excellent value, plus it has the added attraction of having Spanish food on offer. Plus a extra bonus for Angusjim , it's very close to marbro8 's cousins apartment where Jim is staying.:tiphat:

Angusjim
09-03-2015, 16:41
The Mercado La Pepa food market on top of the Passarela shopping precinct is certainly worth visiting for either a full meal or a quick snack and offers excellent value, plus it has the added attraction of having Spanish food on offer. Plus a extra bonusfor Angusjim , it's very close to marbro8 's cousins apartment where Jim is staying.:tiphat:

Sorry I dinnae like that foreign muck much prefer lasagna, curries, pizzas, goulash, kebabs you know where yea are with good old British grub:laugh:

Ecky Thump
09-03-2015, 17:12
Sorry I dinnae like that foreign muck much prefer lasagna, curries, pizzas, goulash, kebabs you know where yea are with good old British grub:laugh:

It sounds like a good choice for you would be the .....Pizzeria Dacappo, Calla de Pablo Abril Los Cristianos, it's just behind Burger King..closed on Wednesdays, Great selection of food both Italian and for you Steak egg and chips! They do a excellent three course meal of the day for about €8 plus your complimentary drink at the end of your meal.:hungry: