PDA

View Full Version : Where's the best place to go for Sunday roast in south Tenerife?

sunnytenerife
14-08-2011, 10:55
Any suggestions on where to go in and around Las Americas for a good Sunday Roast ?

Does the "Geordie Pride" in Puerto Colon still do a mean Roast ? :hungry:

Red Devil
14-08-2011, 15:11
Any suggestions on where to go in and around Las Americas for a good Sunday Roast ?

Does the "Geordie Pride" in Puerto Colon still do a mean Roast ? :hungry:

Best ones I've eaten in are Soul City & Kasey & Sheas, both on the road up towards the motorway where Laguna Park is.
Personally wouldnt waste my money at either Geordie Pride or Irish Rose down at the port, both pretty bog standard.

Bob
15-08-2011, 01:25
shambles in Los Cris

canarianchicken
15-08-2011, 02:34
The best Sunday dinner on the Island has to be at The New Robin Hood in Puerto de la Cruz.
The price is 12 euros .... but hang on, that is starter, main course ... and you can have seconds, and there are at least three different meats and you can have all three, and dessert plus wine.
It is a superb meal and a friendly bar.

I know it is a bit off thread as it isn't in Las Americas, but it is bloody good!

Stoney
15-08-2011, 08:50
All wrong its Casa Tres on the Sunset Bay complex set meal 12.95 choice of 3 meats and 1 fish dish for main

FKB
02-06-2012, 09:48
My wife really enjoys her sunday roast.
After trying a number of restaurants we can only recommend two in the South where we continually go back to.These are the Roast House and Sun Inn in Torviscas.
Can anyone recommend alternative restaurants.
Has to be fresh food and not ridiculously expensive.

tina ann
02-06-2012, 11:19
We have had the same problem finding really good places to eat your Sunday Roasts, but now we have found The Geordie Pride in Puerto Colon by the harbour, it is by the Irish Rose.

They do Roasts for 5.50 and you can have all meats too not just one and you get a desert too, which are just like your mother or gran made them.

The meal is fab, the roasters are great, it's proper veg and lovely meat and the couple who run it are very nice, they took over about 7 weeks ago and they are not Geordie, so everyone is welcome there.

Give it a go, you won't be disapointed.

danne
02-06-2012, 14:16
hemingway opposite aqua land 3 courses 6.50 mixed meats all fresh veg lovely deserts .

VideoMem
02-06-2012, 14:46
My wife really enjoys her sunday roast.
After trying a number of restaurants we can only recommend two in the South where we continually go back to.These are the Roast House

Its the Roast House in Los Cris for me everytime:yum:

tina ann
02-06-2012, 16:34
Yes I agree Hemingways is really good too.
hemingway opposite aqua land 3 courses 6.50 mixed meats all fresh veg lovely deserts .

Yes I agree Hemingways is really good too.

marbro8
02-06-2012, 18:23
Its the Roast House in Los Cris for me everytime:yum:got to agree with you there we went in a couple of weeks ago on a sunday and wished we had used it more, the plates are like dustbin lids:wow:three meats mash and great roasters, you don't have to go up for more because there is to much on the place the first time round:laugh:

Jackie
09-06-2012, 07:36
Forum member Shazedens house :yum:

Stoney
09-06-2012, 08:28
No contest for us its Casa Tres in Sunset Bay Complex next to Luabay Hotel.

princessmonika
09-06-2012, 13:18
devon arms in los cris very good

Suej
09-06-2012, 13:19
I hear Olive Garden in Los Cris do a lovely roast! not tried it though!

grimley
09-06-2012, 15:46
have to go a long way to beat the sunday roast at new robin hood first thing we do is book up which you need to do when we arrive in tenerife thats in pdlc

Shugstar63
09-06-2012, 15:49
All wrong its Casa Tres on the Sunset Bay complex set meal 12.95 choice of 3 meats and 1 fish dish for main

I'll second that one......first class !!!

marbro8
09-06-2012, 16:29
I hear Olive Garden in Los Cris do a lovely roast! not tried it though!we had one there last year but nothing to write home about,the roast potatoes are not realy roast they are cut into small cubes and deep fried probably for convenience a lot of places do this now, they may as well put chips on the plate:(, other food they do well there like balti night and baking all therir own bread ;)

i love the beach
10-06-2012, 15:47
I must say Geordie Pride wins it for me, we were there last Sunday and it was delicious.

Simon-M
10-06-2012, 19:26
Tried...

James Brasserie opposite Aqualand. Very good but does not start till 3pm. Tough to hold the kids back for that long
The Roast House - I liked it but the wife was not so impressed. Big plates.
Geordie Pride - Was a while ago so would not be fair to critic seeing as it's new Management now.

My favorite is Jameses but like I said, 3pm is a big ask holding the kids back that long.

tracey
18-08-2013, 10:01
Hankering for a roast. Any recommendations please?

LUCKY
18-08-2013, 10:04
Yes... Dont forget the Yorkshire pudding ..... ooopppss:flatcap::feret::feret:

Ecky Thump
18-08-2013, 10:09
Hankering for a roast. Any recommendations please?

My House, 4:30 pm today.....Roast Shoulder of Lamb with all the trimmings followed by Sherry Trifle.��

imablue
18-08-2013, 10:10
I,m told the Potter Inn...(that used to be Geordie Pride in Puerto Colon) do a very good Sunday Roast ...let us know how you get on Tracey ...:hungry::hungry:

tracey
18-08-2013, 10:13
My House, 4:30 pm today.....Roast Shoulder of Lamb with all the trimmings followed by Sherry Trifle.��

be warned... I might find you!!! lol

LUCKY
18-08-2013, 10:14
Is Sherry trifle a sweet, or is this some kind of innuendo !!!!:flatcap:

tracey
18-08-2013, 10:14
I,m told the Potter Inn...(that used to be Geordie Pride in Puerto Colon) do a very good Sunday Roast ...let us know how you get on Tracey ...:hungry::hungry:

is that the one thats upstairs next to the chinese on the corner?

imablue
18-08-2013, 10:32
From the taxi rank at P. Colon.. walk down the stairs and its on your left...next door to Irish Rose (which would be on your right) as you come down the stairs ...

Malteser Monkey
18-08-2013, 10:37
is that the one thats upstairs next to the chinese on the corner?

The roast house Fontana Square Cristianos - has anyone been recently is it still as good ?

Or Mi Casa round about 7ish - leg of Lamb - all the trimmings and I have made up my what's for pud

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Is Sherry trifle a sweet, or is this some kind of innuendo !!!!:flatcap:

depends what he's having it with ?

marbro8
18-08-2013, 11:36
The roast house Fontana Square Cristianos - has anyone been recently is it still as good ?

Or Mi Casa round about 7ish - leg of Lamb - all the trimmings and I have made up my what's for pud

depends what he's having it with ?i'm with you MM you can't beat the roast house, it may not be michelin star but it's great value for money:pig:

tracey
18-08-2013, 11:44
I have been there a few times so fancied trying something new.

Is Vivo any good?

marbro8
18-08-2013, 11:50
I have been there a few times so fancied trying something new.

Is Vivo any good?apart from the roast house i have found sunday roasts a bit hit and miss in tenerife, we did try the olive garden and it was ok but nothing special, i think some one on here a while ago recommended the surrey arms but never tried it for sunday lunch? but we have had the fish in parsley sauce there with veg and boiled potatoes which was nice:yum:

johnr
18-08-2013, 12:44
Devon Arms, Los Cristianos for me

Tom & Sharon
18-08-2013, 12:52
Not been yet, but the Empire in Safari looks good.

Malteser Monkey
18-08-2013, 13:02
i'm with you MM you can't beat the roast house, it may not be michelin star but it's great value for money:pig:

Glad someone is :cheeky:

Tracey let us know where you end up ?

Terrynsue
18-08-2013, 13:08
Yep, the potter inn is great and the singer from 3 pm will keep you entertained, highly recommend it.

Andrzej
18-08-2013, 13:19
Why not try The Shires....Apolo Centre in Los Cristianos........great Sunday roast any day! good value for money too!

TOTO 99
18-08-2013, 13:39
Why not try The Shires....Apolo Centre in Los Cristianos........great Sunday roast any day! good value for money too!

I concur.....They're successful for a reason..:tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
18-08-2013, 13:50
I concur.....They're successful for a reason..:tiphat:

Tho' the name makes me a little sceptical :cheeky::D

TOTO 99
18-08-2013, 13:57
Tho' the name makes me a little sceptical :cheeky::D

especially if you're vision isn't perfect..:laugh:

golazzo
18-08-2013, 14:01
Or try Goodfellas overlooking la vista beach

tracey
18-08-2013, 14:34
Thank you all.

Ended up at Vivo. Really nice carvery. Roast potatoes and gravy in particular, were lovely. Would recommend it :yum:

golazzo
18-08-2013, 14:37
Thank you all.

Ended up at Vivo. Really nice carvery. Roast potatoes and gravy in particular, were lovely. Would recommend it :yum:

Is that the treasure island place

tracey
18-08-2013, 15:38
yeah, thats the one

grumps
18-08-2013, 15:48
Christy`s, down the steps at Pueblo Canareo next to the Bouganville...All her stuff is homemade, the steak pies are to die for and proper chips as well..yum !

fatboytenerife
18-09-2013, 19:27
The roast house carvery los chris but you will have to book on any sunday

marbro8
18-09-2013, 20:05
Christy`s, down the steps at Pueblo Canareo next to the Bouganville...All her stuff is homemade, the steak pies are to die for and proper chips as well..yum !love that place but it is so hard to find if you don't know where it is;)

The roast house carvery los chris but you will have to book on any sundaywe have been on a sunday and because there is a steady flow during the day we have never needed to book? mind you we did go about 9.00 after a few beers:lol:

Red Devil
18-09-2013, 20:23
I usually end up going back to the English Tea Rooms at front of Cristian Sur in Los Cris.
Self service carvery with loads of veg etc, two meals for 15 euro including glass of wine each.
Never yet managed a pudding but they look lovely. Same regulars seem to go back every week.

slodgedad
18-09-2013, 20:51
Multiple threads merged and made sticky

marbro8
18-09-2013, 20:51
I usually end up going back to the English Tea Rooms at front of Cristian Sur in Los Cris.
Self service carvery with loads of veg etc, two meals for 15 euro including glass of wine each.
Never yet managed a pudding but they look lovely. Same regulars seem to go back every week.good call red;) only a stones throw away from taylors lounge for us;)

Multiple threads merged and made stickythank god you explained slodge:lol:, i thought i had had a few to many of the old home brew then:lol:

sunnytenerife
03-11-2013, 13:02

Unfortunately Kim has sold the business and its not the same at all now - we were really dissapointed. The food isnt the same & its gone up in price too !!!. I would rather have a good Sunday Roast and pay for it. Quality over quantity for me :-)

Such a shame as we loved going to Hemingway - come back KIM !!!!

Paulina
05-11-2013, 16:04
Amigos in Los Abrigos - without a doubt. Fantastic value at €6. I had the lamb dinner last weekend and homemade cheesecake afterwards. It was huge. Slept all afternoon.

maggiemoo1
17-02-2014, 19:30
try fosters irish bar puerto colon, great food good entertainment on sundays also....:hello:

johnr
23-02-2014, 13:58
I have tried and enjoyed three places in Los Cristianos. The Roast House in Fontana Square, Goodfellas on Las Vista beach walkway, just opposite the fountain, and The Devon Arms, all three good value and certainly tasty.

tina ann
23-02-2014, 16:09

Yes Hemingways is very good!!!!

Also the Potter Inn in Puerto Colon is lovely... It used to be The Geordie Pride... Their homemade apple crumble is delish !!!