PDA

View Full Version : A lovely day out at the sea pool in Costa del Silencio, Tenerife

dede
14-08-2011, 20:09
If you like swimming is sea water but dont like the sand this is the place to go, its a massive sea pool at the back of ten bel in costa silencio, there were plenty of people there but more than enough space for everyone to enjoy the pool, the waves were coming into the pool from the sea as we swam, very safe for children with life guards on duty, also first aid facilities along with a doctor should anyone need one, well worth a visit for a nice family day out. Just thought i would share this little haven with you all if you didnt already know about it.:wave::wave::wave:

atlantico
14-08-2011, 20:10
Yep, its great there when its really hot. How much is entry these days - or did you sneak in ??

dede
14-08-2011, 20:14
Yep, its great there when its really hot. How much is entry these days - or did you sneak in ??
OMG dont say we sneaked in!!!!... we never seen anywhere to pay honest. really didnt know you had to pay if you do..

imablue
14-08-2011, 20:20
brilliant pool area .....don,t remember ever having to pay either..... goes with the people we are dee ....
first went there whilst staying on El Chapperal... god knows how many years ago ..... 1986-87...:fpull:

dede
14-08-2011, 20:25
brilliant pool area .....don,t remember ever having to pay either..... goes with the people we are dee ....
first went there whilst staying on El Chapperal... god knows how many years ago ..... 1986-87...:fpull:

Yes Doug it is old as i remember seeing it years ago when we first came over here, but iv never spent the day there before, i really dont think there is a charge to go in though and nobody approached us for money. If i find that you have to pay i promise to pay double next time honest......:wink2::wink2:

candy2411
14-08-2011, 20:37
I'm sure if you went to Reception and asked about a charge ,they'd definitely make you pay. Having said that if you just walk in and are buying drinks at the bar they're not really bothered.

Same applies at Westhaven Bay. If we're buying lunch/drinks they never ask for the 5 euros the signs say for using the pools.

just quoting from experience!!

atlantico
14-08-2011, 20:44
that's why I asked, as a few years back we used just walk in, but once we got stopped at a little booth by security, they asked for our pass, didn't have one as wasn't staying/living in Ten Bel, and charged us €6 each, still worth it though, for a whole day. the little beach near the mountain is great too, and you can access that by walking down the mountain edge

imablue
14-08-2011, 20:48
i do recall the place closing for a while... in between holidays .... been there once since living here ....and yes it is old ..dee ..!!

marbro8
14-08-2011, 20:53
If you like swimming is sea water but dont like the sand this is the place to go, its a massive sea pool at the back of ten bel in costa silencio, there were plenty of people there but more than enough space for everyone to enjoy the pool, the waves were coming into the pool from the sea as we swam, very safe for children with life guards on duty, also first aid facilities along with a doctor should anyone need one, well worth a visit for a nice family day out. Just thought i would share this little haven with you all if you didnt already know about it.:wave::wave::wave:they have a sea pool in las americas don't they? just at the bottom of the road past the parqe sandiago 4?

dede
14-08-2011, 20:57
they have a sea pool in las americas don't they? just at the bottom of the road past the parqe sandiago 4? I havnt been to that one, they also have one on golf del sur but its tiny, the one in silencio is enormous and lovely and clean. I will be going back there for sure.

marbro8
14-08-2011, 21:01
I havnt been to that one, they also have one on golf del sur but its tiny, the one in silencio is enormous and lovely and clean. I will be going back there for sure.glad you enjoyed it dede, that's what living on the island is all about:wink2:

atlantico
14-08-2011, 21:01
I've only seen the one on coast of Golf del Sur , in front of San Miguel Village open twice in last 8 years - must only fill it up on special occasions !

heres some pics of both

http://www.canarias-incoming.com/images/300x0/ten_bel_alborada/ten_bel_alborada1.jpg

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/pics/2/21439_3.jpg

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/5a/4a/a0/the-rock-pool.jpg

dede
14-08-2011, 21:03
[QUOTE=atlantico2;80395]I've only seen the one on coast of Golf del Sur , in front of San Miguel Village open twice in last 8 years - must only fill it up on special occasions ![/QUOT

Yes your right you have to be there at the right time to swim in it.

imablue
14-08-2011, 21:11
they have a sea pool in las americas don't they? just at the bottom of the road past the parqe sandiago 4?

yes thats still there... take over from Hotel Europa (the one that got demolished) by Hotel Europa Cortes
http://cdn2.rtstc.com/media/lg/18/32/1832b21094-Europe_Villa_Cortes_Hotel_Tenerife_Island.jpg

sorry can,t find any pics. of the sea pool ....

atlantico
14-08-2011, 22:48
I've never seen anyone in that one ! I thought it was closed down !

timmylish
14-08-2011, 23:13
Hass the Silencio one been refurbished as it was in a terrible state of disrepair a number of years ago (maybe 10 or 11 years ago)?

dede
14-08-2011, 23:19
Hass the Silencio one been refurbished as it was in a terrible state of disrepair a number of years ago (maybe 10 or 11 years ago)?

It must have been as it was very nice and clean with all new umbrellas and beds

imablue
15-08-2011, 08:52
Cracking aerial view of the sea pool at Villa Cortes ,next door to P. Santiago 4.....
http://images.hotels-world.com/2//org/282/hotelPhoto/2605_Europe_Villa_Cortes_GL.jpg

I,m sure i,ve got photos somewhere of the pool before it was taken over by Villa Cortes .....

Yorkshire Remixer
15-08-2011, 13:41

ten bel is in need of repair; visited the pool there last 4 years and not really changed anything.

nice to use the pool and beach area but the accomodation and surrounding area is a bit run down to say the least...

but worth the visit when the waves come in!